[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
15$ MINUMUM WAGIES BTFO!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: 20150921-mcdonalds-robot.jpg (36 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
20150921-mcdonalds-robot.jpg
36 KB, 640x360
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/building-robot-mcdonalds-staff-cheaper-8044106

News Weird News Robots
Building robot McDonald's staff 'cheaper' than hiring workers on minimum wage
10:18, 25 MAY 2016 UPDATED 14:07, 25 MAY 2016
BY JESSICA HAWORTH
The worrying forecast could threaten jobs at the fast food franchise, a former CEO of the company warns

A former McDonald's CEO warned that robots will take over staff jobs at the fast food empire - because it's cheaper than employing humans.

Ed Rensi has said that buying highly skilled robotics is a cheaper alternative than employing people on minimum wage to work in the company's worldwide restaurants.

He warned that huge job losses are imminent, and commented that it would be 'common sense' to replace humans in the workplace.

This comes as a study into the future of human employment has predicted a surge in machine-led work such as robotic counsellors, body part makers and virtual lawyers.
>>
>>75054182
This was always destined to happen, even without raising the minimum wage at a pace that matched inflation.
>>
who cares, only dipshits and retards work at mcdonalds, guess all the pakis and retarded blond sluts will have to find real jobs, boohoo.
>>
>implying any minimum wage is low enough to prevent automation from taking over
>>
>>75054182
CONT.

The worrying research, by professor of management practice at London Business School, Lynda Gratton, and futurologist David A. Smith, suggests that humans will be replaced because robots are able to produce better results.

Prof Gratton said: "Studies have suggested that a third of jobs in Europe will be replaced by technology over the next two decades."

If the recent comments are to be believed, McDonald's staff could face the same fate.

Former CEO Ed Rensi said: "I was at the National Restaurant Show yesterday and if you look at the robotic devices that are coming into the restaurant industry.

"It’s cheaper to buy a $35,000 (£24,000) robotic arm tan it is to hire an employee who’s inefficient making $15 (£10.20) an hour bagging French fries.

"It's nonsense and it’s very destructive and it’s inflationary and it’s going to cause a job loss across this country like you’re not going to believe."

He told FOX: "It’s not just going to be in the fast food business. Franchising is the best business model in the United States.

"It’s dependent on people that have low job skills that have to grow. Well if you can’t get people a reasonable wage, you’re going to get machines to do the work.

"It’s just common sense. It’s going to happen whether you like it or not. And the more you push this it’s going to happen faster."

Prof Gratton added: "As middle-skilled roles disappear, workers may find that the 'rung' above them no longer exists, and that the career ladder may begin to look more like a career web.

"The ultimate implication is that workers cannot now expect to gain seniority by moving 'up', but rather moving sideways by gaining additional complex skills."
>>
>>75054182
Good retarded leftists will only speed up the automation development, its probably there agenda
>>
>weird-news section of mirror.co.uk

this is considered a valid source on /pol/.
>>
>>75054383
dude a fucking wordpress blog is considered a valid source on /pol/
/pol/ is not for serious discussion, its for memes
get that through your fucking anus
>>
Naturally a minimum wage law should be accompanied with strong labor-legislation to prevent businesses from laying people off. This has proven effective in the past but it's never been really tried anywhere and the West and it's no more politically feasible in today's plutocracies than it was a century ago.
>>
>>75054517

you can't make it hard for businesses to fire people, they can fire you over literally anything and have several ways of doing it. as a manager, if the higher ups say one of my men has to go, they tell me to just give him gradually lower marks until they can step in and go whoa your score is too low for you to be working here

but libs don't have jobs so i can understand your lack of understanding on the legislative effects on businesses
>>
>>75054182
Can anyone explain why they think automation of minimum wage jobs is a good thing?

Besides
>LEL MINIMUM WAGE KEKS BTFO

>Less jobs
>More unemployed unskilled, uneducated people which will mean more homeless people, more crime etc.
>More money in already multi-billion dollar corporations pockets which they don't even need and will probably pay little to no tax on.

All of this results in a shittier economy.

I say we need to scale back automation a lot.
>>
>>75054274
Those jobs were meant for teenagers to build real life experience and have some pocket cash.

Without those things spending goes way down and those kids have to live with their parents even longer due to increased struggles of finding employment.

Dumb fuck.
>>
>>75054274

Making robots do it is a loss in efficiency compared to the current system.
>>
File: 24308880.jpg (109 KB, 466x432) Image search: [Google]
24308880.jpg
109 KB, 466x432
>>75054383
>>75054430
>>75054696

ITT: Mad wagies

Blown
L
O
W
N
The
H
E
Fuck
U
C
K
Out
U
T
>>
>>75054182
Machines be racist N Shieeeeeet
>>
>>75054696

Because I am tired of dealing with shitty, destitute people at the drive through window and at the store checkout counter. Maybe its not like that in Australia, but here in the states, most places are staffed by people who REALLY do not want to be there and make it known to you by giving everyone shitty service. Replacing those people basically consigns them to extinction (if we can keep them off of welfare), so I'm not sure the economy would take too huge a hit
>>
>>75054182
This will happen with or without the minimum wage increase. In the past, increased productivity has always been associated with “creative destruction”, leading to new, better forms of employment. There is an assumption that this will continue indefinitely, but the truth is that there exists some limit to the range of productive uses of human labour. Many people already feel that their time at work is almost entirely wasted providing services that are of questionable social utility.

Looking forward, this will manifest as a vicious cycle, with automation leading to unemployment, low wages and a lack of demand, further driving economic contraction. Generally speaking, it is difficult to lay off workers during periods of economic growth, so the most likely course will be for large numbers of jobs to be lost during recessions and then never replaced. An ever slackening monetary policy and fiscal stimulus may be able to engineer a brief return to nominal growth, but the jobs created during these weak recoveries will tend to be precarious and liable to evaporate when the economy contracts again.
>>
Why must there be such a jump. Why go from super low to super high, and not choose a middle ground. Something like 12$/hour should satisfy both sides right?
>>
Fucking omnics
>>
>>75055032
>(if we can keep them off of welfare)

Oh, you won't.

>>75054961
I'm Australian. Even if I was on minimum wage I'd be earning over $15 so people in the US earning less doesn't affect me.
>>
>>75054182
>90 calorie cheesecake with 6 grams of protein
Wtf is this? This can't be real.
>>
>>75054340
>its the poor's fault that they weren't smart enough for the STEM meme and end up unemployed because pajeet code monkeys at minimum wage
>>
>>75054696
>More money in already multi-billion dollar corporations pockets which they don't even need
>which they don't even need
>>
>>75055172

If all foodservice workers were suddenly put on welfare, my country would probably descend into madness within 2 years. The government would be forced to shut down after like, 1 due to their inability to agree on a multi-trillion dollar budget where half of it goes to people who can't work because they never went and got skills relevant to the world at present.

We HAVE to keep them off welfare if we automate.
>>
>>75054696
That's why the neocons promise us endless wars.

We were always at war with East Asia.
>>
>>75055302
>We have to take away these peoples jobs but NOT give them welfare

Good luck with that buddy. This is why you need to stop automation, because what you described WILL happen.
>>
>>75055293
Are you implying Mcdonalds need that little bit extra or they'll go out of business?
>>
>>75054182
Have they ever took a second to think about their customers? They're fat poor fucks who work minimum wage jobs, I'm pretty sure McDonalds would suffer heavy losses because their heavy minimum wage fucks wouldn't support an establishment that puts the things in motion for all of them to be replaced.
>>
>>75054696
Shoo shoo Luddite scum.
>>
>>75055583
mcdonalds is not one person

what if a certain local mdonalds needs that little extra bit or they go out of business and now the town just lost 15% of its revenue and jobs
>>
>>75055458

Why though? Why does NO ONE have to pay consequences for their life choices? I worked in fast food and service industry jobs from age 15 to 20, then I got educated and went into a more professional workforce. Was I only able to do that because I was white? Where is the line drawn? If someone refuses to even get out of their bed and demands to be fed and cleaned by the government, do they have to comply? Why should part of my paycheck go to people who couldn't be bothered with learning anything more than how to flip a fucking hamburger?
>>
>>75055602
>Implying their customers are smart enough to think like that and won't just keep buying cheap cheeseburgers
>>
>>75055640
>now the town just lost 15% of its revenue and jobs

So the solution to this problem is to automate Mcdonalds jobs which would still result in the town losing 15% of its jobs. Good one!
>>
>>75054696
GTFO Luddite, your kind is why labor unions get to collect dues from workers who don't even want unions.

I make $36k per annum before taxes working as an entry-level laboratory technician. Do I think a robot could do some aspects of my job better? Sure, but I know for a fact that having me around for 8 hours per night at $17 per hour is a lot less expensive than buying and maintaining complicated machinery to preform rather simple and straight-forward tasks involving both manipulation of delicate biological samples and interpretation of written information.

Keynsian economics got us to where we are today, and it will be around for a while yet.
>>
>>75055786

>people go to mcdonalds for anything other than cheap food that is served quickly
>>
>>75055803
>but I know for a fact that having me around for 8 hours per night at $17 per hour is a lot less expensive than buying and maintaining complicated machinery to preform rather simple and straight-forward tasks involving both manipulation of delicate biological samples and interpretation of written information.

For now. When the technology becomes more advanced and less expensive, even higher paying jobs will be automated.

In fact, ANY job has the possibility to be automated except for creative jobs.
>>
What's the societal cost of decreased face-to-face human interaction?
>>
>>75055803
Also, when the burgerburners at McCuckold's are making $15/hr, what the fuck am I doing working nights in an understaffed lab handling piss and shit for $17?

If the stoners, beaners, whores, and retards working fast food and retail want the be paid more, they would do well to get a better job. There are plenty out there if you apply yourself.
>>
>>75055802

With automation you still have the franchise owner and maintenance workers making money, and most importantly people are still getting their burgers. If a business goes under because the minimum wage increases past the point the labor is worth and alternatives are not allowed then nobody gets anything.
>>
>>75056050

Decrease in amount of actual humans
Increase in amount of social disorders
Increase in Laotian Stop Motion sales
>>
>>75056056
To clear things up, I am NOT for the increase of minimum wage.

I'm just against automation.
>>
File: 1524.daneel and data.jpg-610x0.jpg (31 KB, 413x374) Image search: [Google]
1524.daneel and data.jpg-610x0.jpg
31 KB, 413x374
>>75055987
I'll let myself be replaced by an automaton when the likes of Data or Daneel become reality.
>>
>>75055987
>except for creative jobs.

Ehhh... debatable.
There's someone out there working with a robot that does art and its working.
Pretty much a monkey with a typewriter the last I read but a quickly evolving monkey with a really bad ass typewriter.
I'm not looking for source but it's out there.

>>75054182

I just wanted to say, the goons they have working in their kitchens now can't competently stack a few circles on top of each other without it looking like the leaning tower of beef curtains. I'll rake a robot with laser eyes over them any day.
>>
>>75056170

Nice.
>>
>>75056653
In a world where a blank canvas or an enlarged macroscopic photograph of a prolapsed anus can be considered "art," I would hope that "synthetic creativity" can be put to use elsewhere..
>>
File: The-naked-sun-doubleday-cover.jpg (103 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
The-naked-sun-doubleday-cover.jpg
103 KB, 400x600
>>75056050
>>
>>75054182
That robot is doing a Nazi Salute.
>>
>>75057209
It's called a Roman salute, you pleb.

And it's holding a bag.

It's not even using its right hand.

Kids these days, jeez.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.