[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just think guys, if this guy was still in power we'd have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 20110210-201621-pic-102439416.jpg (593 KB, 1286x1913) Image search: [Google]
20110210-201621-pic-102439416.jpg
593 KB, 1286x1913
Just think guys, if this guy was still in power we'd have no ISIS and no refugees...
Why did the West fuck up so badly /pol/?
>>
File: 1433220040278.png (152 KB, 830x844) Image search: [Google]
1433220040278.png
152 KB, 830x844
>>75044846
Because Jews.
>>
he was a dick he went after the kurds after they did nothing

he was the hitler of the middle east
>>
The average Iraqi will tell you they prefer life now without Saddam.

During Saddams days it was extremely hard to get a hold of basic goods and services unless you were in the "in" group within the country.

Not even memeing here.
>>
>>75046876
Forgot to mention, that said - it doesn't excuse the fact the country got invaded over bullshit lies. Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 or any terrorist attacks overseas, they also had nothing to do with WMD's.
>>
>>75046876
The average Shi'a almost definitely will, whilst the average Sunni Arab almost definitely won't.
>>
>>75047014
I don't get where this Sunni vs Shia meme comes from.

You do realize that the majority of the Syrian Arab Army is Sunni and that the majority of the Iraqi army is also Sunni right?
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 307x230) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 307x230
>>75047147
Majority of SAA is Sunni, no doubt. Only "moderate rebel" supporters say otherwise. IDK about the Iraqi army tho... Either way, it always seems to be playing second fiddle to either the Kurds or the Hashd ash Shaabi. Oh, and about that meme...
>>
>>75047270
The Iraqi army is mostly Sunni. But there are paramilitary shia groups in the country as well. But the fact is the Iraqi army (mostly Sunni) are the ones who are inflicting most of the damage onto ISIS.

The shia paramilitary groups are a fucking joke.
>>
>>75047373
It seemed to me that back in '14, when ISIS almost captured Baghdad, the militias did most of the fighting, whilst the regular army just ran away. I understand that the situation's gotten slightly better since then, though... That said, though, I wish the army, the Kurds and the militias the best of luck against ISIS, and I hope that they don't start squabbling...
>>
>>75047468
A massive counter-terrorism division (filled with the best Iraqi's they could find) was established and trained by the US special forces in the last 2 years to act as a spear head for the Iraqi Army in retaking settlements. Most of these guys are Sunni, there is no tribal or corrupt shit going on within this division, it's being over-watched by US special forces who also have the USAF assisting.

The Shia Militias aren't able to hold ground and consistently lose gains due to the fact they're heavily tribal and corrupt, it's basically a bunch of fathers, uncles, brothers, nephews who don't know a thing about military strategy.
>>
Because the West's pet putbull against the Iranians slipped his leash and threatened the precious Sauds by taking Q8.
>so ibnSaud told their pet Bush nigger to put him down
And so we went to war...
>>
He was a bit of a dick, no regrets disposing him
>>
>>75048093
sources? would like to read up on this
>>
>>75048093
Sorry about the delay in getting back... I agree that the militias are a bit ragtag, and I agree that their tribal nature means that they could do more harm than good in the long term. For a stable and democratic Iraq ten years from now, there must be an apolitical, secular army. But I stand by my comment that in the immediate term, it was the Shi'a militias who saved Baghdad (And by extension, God knows what else?) from ISIS.
>>
>>75044846
But the people of Iraq would be living in fear of a tyrant
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.