[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isl amic_Emirate_of_Afghanis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Emirate_of_Afghanistan

>In 1999, Mullah Omar issued a decree protecting the Buddha statues at Bamyan, two 6th-century monumental statues of standing buddhas carved into the side of a cliff in the Bamyan valley in the Hazarajat region of central Afghanistan. He did this because Afghanistan had no Buddhists , so idolatry would not be a problem.
>But in March 2001, the statues were destroyed by the Taliban of Mullah Omar following a decree issued by him. The Taliban supreme leader Mullah Omar explained why he ordered the statues to be destroyed in an interview:
>I did not want to destroy the Bamiyan Buddha. In fact, some foreigners came to me and said they would like to conduct the repair work of the Bamiyan Buddha that had been slightly damaged due to rains. This shocked me. I thought, these callous people have no regard for thousands of living human beings -- the Afghans who are dying of hunger, but they are so concerned about non-living objects like the Buddha. This was extremely deplorable. That is why I ordered its destruction. Had they come for humanitarian work, I would have never ordered the Buddha's destruction.
>Then Taliban ambassador-at-large Sayed Rahmatullah Hashemi also said that the destruction of the statues was carried out by the Head Council of Scholars after a Swedish monuments expert proposed to restore the statues' heads. Hashimi is reported as saying: "When the Afghan head council asked them to provide the money to feed the children instead of fixing the statues, they refused and said, 'No, the money is just for the statues, not for the children'. Herein, they made the decision to destroy the statues"

Taliban maybe scum, but this says a lot about the priorities of the West. Any aid provided by the West is either merely an investment, or an insult to the people, or what causes corruption.
Hope you're enjoying the opium. That and corruption and crime are the only positive growth you managed there after all.
>>
>>75033609
>asking a monument expert for money for children
>when they should have asked the many hundreds of global Western charities that work to help children

It ain't a statue guy's job to feed children, it's his job to fix statues.
>>
Also, tells you a lot about the Middle East. Rather than use a major cultural artifact to gain tourism money and therefore help your people, they get bitchy and do the only thing they know how to do right - they blow it up.
>>
>>75033609

Don't believe his lies. He destroy those statues because they are of a different god than theirs. Slowly but surely, he will continue to destroy everything not related to Allah.
>>
>>75033842
You mean the statue guy prints money by his own?
I know what you're saying, but departmentalisation shouldn't serve as an escape route, thus serving the overall sinister agenda.
>>
File: 66722354.jpg (88 KB, 680x1024) Image search: [Google]
66722354.jpg
88 KB, 680x1024
What was the response of Buddhists around the world?
>>
>>75034111
Why the hell would you expect every person in the world to save the children in another country?

Why couldn't the Taliban feed the children? If we're not departmentalizing, then let's start there. Why didn't they feed the children?
>>
>>75034147
>This prompted an international outcry from nations such as Japan, India, South Korea, Nepal, Iran, Qatar, and Russia. Even Saudi Arabia and the UAE, both of which were among only three nations to recognize the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, voiced their opposition. The Arab branch of UNESCO , a cultural and educational agency of the United Nations ,labelled the destruction as "savage".

The global perception is what >>75034063 said. But the truth is never that simple.

I'm uncertain if this incident was used as propaganda to kill rohingyas. I would use it, if I were Buddhist.
>>
>>75034147
real Buddhists don't give a damn about statues.

"If you meet the Buddha in the road, kill him."
>>
>>75034396
I don't think you realise the events that led to Taliban being in power.
>>
>>75033609
>Implying Americans care about culture enough to not destroy it
The mercs' Burger and Kike overlords both knew this would cause outrage to humans who would say that "Something needs to be done!" and neither do they give a shit about ancient history. Such is the price to the world of continuing to permit Fatasstopia and Pissrael to exist.
>>
>>75034514
And yet you didn't answer the question. How can you blame the statue guy, when the Taliban didn't feed their own children?
>>
>>75033609
Why would we care about Afghani children. I don't even care enough to bomb them. Why did we bomb them? Fuck what a waste of time.

We should have just slept 9/11 off.
>>
>>75034594
I answered your question. You wonder why a lot of you died without getting enough potato too? Read about the prevailing conditions of the time.
>>
>>75034861
Okay great. You excuse the Taliban outright because of context. I excuse the statue guy outright because of context.

It was not in the Taliban's power to feed the children. It was not in the statue guy's power to feed the children.
>>
I actually am enjoying the opium quite a bit, thanks.
>>
>>75035014
Of course he's not in the power. I agree with you.
But, from Taliban perspective, "The way these people are reaching out to us is by offering to repair these slightly damaged inanimate objects".
Nobody is crucifying the poor statue guy. In the big picture, the flow of money was through an arguably useless dept as opposed to humanitarian, which is unfortunate.
>>
PS. Sweden (the country where the statue guy was from) gave out 2.1 billion dollars in foreign aid in 1999. Your (and the Afghanis) insinuation is that the West doesn't do enough. I think 2.1 billion is a lot.

If the Afghanis demanded more money on top of what Sweden already gives out, then they're just spoiled brats. Using a statue as a hostage.

Fuck them and fuck you for defending them.
>>
>>75035773
You use your money on an internet connection and a computer. Is that not a useless department? Give it to the starving children. You have enough of them in your country that I'm sure you'll find one quickly.

>Nobody is crucifying the poor statue guy.
That is what the Taliban did. They took their ball and went home. They got revenge on the statue guy.

>But, from Taliban perspective,
Then the Taliban are wrong.
>>
Prioritizing the preservation of important cultural relics over the lives of worthless Muslim scum is not only acceptable but admirable. Afghans are not worth helping or saving, they are some of the shittiest people on this planet.
>>
>>75036312
I meant to say, they got revenge on the statue guy by blowing up the thing he cared about. They wanted to hurt him, and by supporting the Taliban in that action, you are saying that hurting him and his institution was a good act.
>>
You kids are so cute.

Here's what probably happened in reality:

A group wanted to come in to restore the statues, the Taliban asked them for money, they were like no, we're not some agency that gives money we're archeologists ect, and the Taliban got butt hurt and destroyed the statues to spite them. And then they talked shit like they would have done anything with money but kept it for themselves.

If they wanted to feed the people, they fucking could.
>>
>>75033609
>Taliban maybe scum, but this says a lot about the priorities of the West. Any aid provided by the West is either merely an investment, or an insult to the people, or what causes corruption.

They already provided aid to Afghanistan, you fucking retard. In 1999 and 2000, the US alone contributed $200 million to Afghanistan. Half of that was spent on food, providing Afghanistan with 265,000 metric tons of wheat.
God knows how much Europe gave in the same period.

It's possible to give aid and want to repair statues at the same time, you complete fucking moron.
>>
>>75033609
>We're butthurt that the west shows more interest in Buddhist monuments than Islamic ones
I translated it for everyone
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.