[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Agnostic here. How are you guys able to believe in your choice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: hbhope.png (508 KB, 534x391) Image search: [Google]
hbhope.png
508 KB, 534x391
Agnostic here.
How are you guys able to believe in your choice of deity without any proof whatsoever.
>inb4 "Muh Faith"
>>
>>75028350
agnostic means you don't believe and you don't disbelieve

think you're trying for atheist judging by your smug level

what a moron
>>
you don't need proof to believe
>>
>agnostic

what a fucking cop out, pick a side faggot.
>>
>hey look, it's this thread again
>sage comments, report, hide
>>
>>75030379
True, but doesn't it ever bother you that your god may not exist? I suppose it's possible that a god exist, but it kinda seems unlikely from my perspective.
>>
>learn God's real name/identity/nature
>blaspheme against it, abuse what you find
>watch how God fucks you up
>shadow of darkness follows you everywhere
>suddenly, that doubt that God don't exist lifts
Fear it.

I asked for a powerful religion, or rather one that could easily withstand tests of logic, God gave it to me and what I found was horrible, awful in all definitions of the world. It left me feeling powerless, trapped and like an animal being studied.

Do not test God. Oh please, don't. It'll fuck you up.

>>75030379
Yet I did...
>>
>>75028350
wats an agrostick?
>>
>>75032351
What is this proof you have oh so wise Australian?
>>
File: 1464157375183.jpg (24 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
1464157375183.jpg
24 KB, 203x248
>>75032351
>>
>>75035790
>wise
>Australian
>>
>>75032351
find deez nuts

i only blaspheme the dumb shit like goatfuckers and yahweh
>>
>>75031062
>hide
Rand is that you?
>>
File: 1366635617834.png (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1366635617834.png
39 KB, 500x500
>>75028350
By looking into the discourse on the topic. Divine Conservation is an easy one to start with.
>>
File: ReallyREALDiscordians.jpg (126 KB, 531x666) Image search: [Google]
ReallyREALDiscordians.jpg
126 KB, 531x666
>>75028350
My religion believes that humans are too stupid to truly know anything so we just derp around being morons
>>
>>75035790
Natural laws are too complex and have too much correlation with one another to not have some deliberate design in there. Things just work and that evolution itself created beings capable of having this discussion is potential that God itself wanted humans to exist: he simply took an approach a programmer would take instead of an architect. Studying science, in my opinion, is studying God itself and every way that the universe responds to your reaction is God itself responding to you. It's your basic cosmological God to be honest.

Yeah I talk it up, but even as an atheist you can admit there's pragmatism to this, it basically glorifies science and replaces theology as the path to God.

There's some personal evidence, but I feel it's indescribable and honestly I come off as a lunatic trying.

Honestly, believe or don't, I don't care, you're not my child and not my responsibility.

>>75035960
>>75035982
>>75036088
>it r Australian! Quick pretend Americans haven't proven time and time again to be less intelligent, less interesting with poorer banter
>>
>>75036223

>Natural laws are too complex and have too much correlation with one another to not have some deliberate design in there.

And how is this testable? By a trail of feelings?
>>
>>75032034
of course everyone doubts

None of anyone's beliefs are 100%. of course some people can think something is 75% likely to be true and say they believe it, others have different thresholds.

I actually think the scientific evidence is pretty interesting, but the rest of the evidence to push you over the threshold comes from personal experience. That's how it worked for me, at least
>>
>>75028350
What I've come to learn over the years about how humans operate really makes sense within the context of my religion. I was obviously biased in the fact that I grew up with it, but that doesn't have to discredit shit.

And before you say that it's just religion trying to fill in the gaps, atheism does the exact same thing. Atheists, for the most part, however, seem awfully hedonistic.
>>
>>75036223
>Natural laws are too complex and have too much correlation with one another to not have some deliberate design in there.

Intelligent Design is bullshit and your comment rests on subjective limitations.
>>
File: asset_56941b2ab17439_89392268.jpg (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
asset_56941b2ab17439_89392268.jpg
19 KB, 200x200
>Fag here, how do i stop sucking massive cock?
>>
>>75036324
Existence of humanity as a goal of evolution.

>>75036448
Sure thing. It's not intelligent design because it didn't actually matter what came out, just that evolution, or rather life itself, tends towards being capable of having a reasoned and rational discussion as to whether the creation of humanity had deliberate intentions.

It becomes more convincing when you start arguing Gaia hypothesis and goldilocks life conditions, etc.
>>
>>75028350
Have you ever considered you are simply spiritually retarded? Asking us how we have faith is akin to a blind man asking us to describe colors.
>>
>>75028350
Muh faith
>>
Kek is really making me start to doubt my previous atheism
>>
>>75036894
Indeed, http://archive.is/aTwSx
>>
>>75036824
>Spirituality
>A real thing

That's a pretty good meme
>>
>>75036794

>Existence of humanity as a goal of evolution.

No, it really isn't. Evolution has no end goal
>>
>>75028350

Let me put it this way. I like the idea of a deity or deities. I understand I could be wrong, and I could be facing oblivion at the end of my life, instead of an afterlife or reincarnation or something.

But you know what? I enjoy what feels like a connection to the divine, despite it possibly being delusion. I don't push it on others, and I ask others not push it on me. If any anecdotal evidence appears to me, I understand it's not within the tool of science and is a personal gnosis. So, that's my reasoning. I enjoy it.
>>
>>75036981
Then what is being selected for? Why is the condition of survival so harsh? Each group of animals has an imperative, this is undeniable, that imperative itself is a form of will, that is this group collectively wants something. This collective wish, albeit formed directly from natural laws, constitutes an group individual or a group consciousness.

As far as humans go, this is the most relatable face of God.

You caught me after my coffee and before I've been able to scab weed from my friend. My answers don't have their usual pizazz I guess.
>>
>>75028350
In all seriousness, just like other Ausbro, there's too much that works in the world to be just by chance. It's just silly to me that it all just happened by itself with nothing to start it all. There had to be something , ergo a creator god.

This chat is much better than yesterday's, too much ad hominem for me.
>>
>>75028350
I know you say
>inb4 muh faiths
but I am afraid that is kind of the point
if you don't get that, I'm not goint to waste my time explaining it
>>
>>75037391

>Then what is being selected for?

Biological and genetical survival, nothing more. If you think that the goal of evolution is to 'create humans', you fail to realize that there are a lot of species out there that are a whole lot better at survival than we are. It would make a whole lot more sense to say that the goal of evolution is to create bacteria, but even that is a stretch
>>
>>75037507
>>75028350
There is still a bit where you just have to take it on faith, and that jump can be a bit scary, but that's just how it is. This doesn't mean you should be completely blind though.
>>
>>75037602
It's very clear that since civilisation humanity has been selected for a whole lot more than just survival traits. Again, I submit that this has been shaped by the natural world, but via my cosmological argument this could easily be argued that it's shaped by God itself.

>you fail to realize that there are a lot of species out there that are a whole lot better at survival than we are.
Did I? Or perhaps there's more at play than just survival? Yes, there are immortal bacteria, radiation resistant insects and whatever, but none of those things can have a discussion about if God can exist or about the mechanism of God's control, or rather, physics and biology.

The cosmological argument is that the system itself is mildly conscious and arbitrarily changing. For instance, many laws of the universe were not set or rather consistent until after the cooling period of the big bang.

That's another pragmatic about science first religion, the beliefs must adapt in favour of our current cosmological belief, ie the big bang.
>>
>>75038062
>Humanity has been selected for more than survival traits.
No, the survival traits changed. We're still being selected on the amount of offspring we create.
>>
>>75038062

>It's very clear that since civilisation humanity has been selected for a whole lot more than just survival traits.

Tell that to the Mayans.

What you're saying here is actually well studied and is called the survivorship bias, or silent evidence. You believe that we, as survivors of natural selection are somehow special. This is almost solely because the ones that didn't make the cut are now dead and can't tell you that civilization isn't always a guarentee for existence beyond mere survival
>>
>>75028350
how are you able to cope with finding a job studying stupid shit like faglosophy?
>>
>>75038725
Jews have had roughly the same fertility and the same percentage of the population ever since the second diaspora. They've also managed to keep their ways for thousands of years, only really needing reform once (rabbinic/talmudic Judaism). Clearly there's more at play than just having lots of kids. Clearly you'd have to be a complete racist not to recognise that they're doing something right.

>>75039028
You mean human sacrificers?

Survivor bias barely explains what I'm grasping at, nor is it even a very convincing argument in itself, especially when we start talking about fate and destiny.

And maybe I am special for being lucky enough to exist.

>>75039039
Eugh as far as useless academia goes
Theology < sociology < philosophy < culinary arts

This is great for shitposting on a miserable day, but I'd hate to make a career out of it.
>>
>>75039226

>And maybe I am special for being lucky enough to exist.

And maybe someone slightly younger than you thought the exact same thing before he got hit by a car, and now can't tell you that you're not really that special
>>
File: Wwwm8173.jpg (746 KB, 2048x3072) Image search: [Google]
Wwwm8173.jpg
746 KB, 2048x3072
>>75028350

I tell people that while I think it's possible that an omniscient, omnipotent, and all-good God exists I haven't been convinced by any argument that it's likely.

Then they call me autistic.
>>
>>75039384
cool pic, source?
>>
File: image.jpg (278 KB, 963x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
278 KB, 963x1280
>>75028350
Figured out at like eleven years old that there's no proof for the existence or nonexistence of God. There have been thousands of religions. Yours was not the first and it will not be the last. It's a human invention. I didn't figure out morality until just a few years ago, though. The inability of Christians to separate morality from faith is what led to the bullshit we see today.
>>
Im insane
Thats how
>>
>>75028350
You are not an agnostic. Stop making us look like faggot atheists.
>>
Proof for the resurrection of Jesus:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
Also watch the first 30 minutes of this one:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
>>
>>75030333
THIS

TRIPS DON'T LIE
>>
>>75028350
honestly agnostics are best religion
religion is mostly just people guessing what happens after we die anyway
>>
>>75028350
>Agnostic here.
You mean atheist?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.