[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The more popular a show is among women, the more likely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1464110898990.png (433 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1464110898990.png
433 KB, 530x600
>The more popular a show is among women, the more likely men are to give it a lower rating

>Men are skewing online ratings of female-oriented TV shows, giving them worse scores and dragging down the series average.

>One prominent example is HBO’s Emmy-winning “Sex and the City.” The show has received an average rating of 7.0 from IMDB users, with 60 percent of those rating the series being women. Among female users, the show has an average rating of 8.1. Among men, it’s a measly 5.8.

>http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/men-are-sabotaging-the-online-reviews-of-tv-shows-aimed-at-women/

We're getting to a point where criticizing or simply not liking something made for or by women is considered sexism.
>>
>>75004580
>bitch wants to watch some stupid shit
>I want to relax on the couch next to her
>put up with stupid shit
>note that it's stupid shit online to warn other males not to watch it unless there is a reason

the story of every negative female targeted media review. ever.
>>
>>75004580
People like different things, more at 11.
>>
>>75004761
I guess it's weird to people for men to not like shows not aimed at men?

I mean, women would rate shows like survivorman low.

>>75004901
NOOOO, IT'S SEXISM, DON'T YOU SEE?
>>
>Men don't like things targeted at women

Who'da thunk it?!
Next you'll tell me women don't like drag racin' and wrasslin'
>>
>>75004580
Nobody cares what women think. Mine feeds me,fucks me,and leaves me the fuck alone.It took years of training,but whatever.
>>
Don't you know? Women are to be catered to 100% without ridicule or differing points of view. But men can be excoriated publicly ad infinitum bc they are oppressors.
>>
Wow it's almost like if men and women are not the same!!!! Amazing!!!!
>>
>>75005154
Plenty of people care what women think, you gigantic faggot. Too many people, I would say.
>>
>>75005154
Sure is a nice relationship between you and your mom.
>>
>>75004580
>When men speak, they voice their own opinion and don't always agree with women. Men should be silenced.
>>
File: 97e.png (466 KB, 680x691) Image search: [Google]
97e.png
466 KB, 680x691
>set out to create female oriented show
>succeed in creating show that appeals to females
>females rate it higher because it appeals to them
>this somehow comes back to men being a problem
Yeah, that looks about right.
>>
Whine whine whine. Calling it sabotage is a little extreme I think.

Just have reviewers pick a gender and then let you just see aggregate score from one gender if you want.

Although in that case I guess they'd have to include 5000 different gender options.
>>
>>75005243
Lol you're just mad. Women are meatholes. But you wouldn't know that,right?
>>
>>75004580
Women are so stupid and conformist that they allow IMDB scores to prevent them from watching whatever they want. Meanwhile a man will watch a show he enjoys and not give a shit how many stars, thumb ups, karma or other internet points it has.
>>
File: 1417671634885.png (27 KB, 744x520) Image search: [Google]
1417671634885.png
27 KB, 744x520
How can you aim at women when gender is a social construct?

t. Jaden Smith
>>
What is this show even about besides treating men like sexual objects with wallets? Real talk.
That's why the show has a low rating, it's stupid fan service for females along with the same vapidity.
>>
>>75006134
I do let ratings influence some media. If a bunch of normies rate a comedy low, the comedian is probably shit. On the other hand, Aziz is rated decently and he's garbage. It can be really misleading, but normies are generally okay at rating comedies and sitcoms on average.
>>
>>75004580
This is the same thing as how in a relationship you're not allowed to have your own opinion, the woman gets upset if you do not agree on everything.
>>
Women aren't allowed to have anything; everything on television must be geared towards 18-34 males.

t. /pol/
>>
>>75005344
Under rated post
>>
>>75006784
>giving shows you didn't enjoy low ratings is denying women the ability to watch those shows, make those shows, or enjoy those shows
What?
>>
>>75006784
Women should only be in 2 rooms, the kitchen and the bedroom.
>>
>>75006927
>wanting women to piss and shit in your kitchen or bed
>>
>>75005344
savage
>>
>>75007047
But women never poop and you can drink the piss anon-kun.
>>
is this really a surprise?

If I get off work, I want to watch a show about cool shit. If everything on television is girl shit, i get mad and turn it off. That's kinda my choice isn't it? Am I now just supposed to sit in misery and pretend to enjoy everything?

Besides, most daytime television is women's shit, it's all awful, they have enough programming for themselves.

Any show I like that doesn't "include" enough women gets in trouble and forced to change to include them, and quickly becomes total trash because of it.

Lastly, television shows don't give a flying fuck about quality, they care about RATINGS ie. the number of eyeballs watching.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (10 KB, 106x103) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
10 KB, 106x103
>>75004580
I wouldn't call the people doing this "men" per se.
>>
>>75004580
Nowhere in the article says it is sexist. Stop making it a big deal about it

>>75005344
Wanted to post this
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.