[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is STEM actually a meme? Why? What are better job alternatives?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 475x356
Is STEM actually a meme? Why? What are better job alternatives?
>>
>he fell down the stairs meme
>>
>>75002873
Ffs the meme is kids who have no aptitude for the profession taking STEM
We need all of the trained, passionate professionals we can get.
>>
Well, pushing children and young adults who have absolutely no interest, passion, or ambition for it into the field with the allure of a high salary is very common.
>>
>>75002873
Become a NEET.
>>
STEM faggots helped develop a lot of degeneracy we see in the world today, and these people still think they have the right to look down on social sciences students for being "degenerate"
>>
>>75006516
>social scientists use /pol/
>>
>>75004815

Not to mention the fact that most people who go through STEM also have no social skills in the slightest so they completely don't know how to socialize and have done next-to-no professional networking
>>
Everything is a meme except for killing yourself. I think you know what you need to do.
>>
Yes, it's saturated. If you can't stand out your' fucked. University is the new high school

>tfw went to professional school so i'm okay

Phew.
>>
>>75003191
/thread
>>
I'm a mechanical engineering major and I can confirm that 95% of STEM students either have no actual passion other than feeling pround of being stem, literal autism, or both
>>
>>75002873

Don't go into engineering, there's too many as it is.
>>
>>75006724
This. The difference in social skills between the chemistry and programming students compared to business management etc is fucking hilarious.
>>
If you enjoy programming, STEM isn't a meme. The thing is most people don't and the people who do are generally FUCKING WHITE MALES. This isn't even racial, white men just play a lot of strategy games and dicked around with game files as kids, so they're predisposed to enjoy it.

Then there's
>pajeet/omar who just sees dollar signs
>that woman who thinks she's totally showing those misogynistic men
>that girl (yes) who can't tell you why she's there and feigns helplessness
>black man with delusions of either being Tony Stark or a game dev or something asinine
>brogineers who simply see a degree, caste of their own and need no explanation
>ethnic girls whose daddy chose their degree for them and won't even accept betamax help
>bunch of Chinese who think this is their easy ticket to an easy degree in an easy country because the Chinese government told them all white people are stupid and that they're no competition

The thing is if you don't have drive you won't succeed and most of the above don't find that drive and don't succeed. Some Chinese students find a little humility and start competing in a friendly manner, good. Some girls realise that they're actually required to knuckle down, good. Some brogineers realise lifting and partying has to take second preference, good.

But by and large most of them just fail. Nope. Just shitty marks, no honours students and just failed classes, retake, get a pass or credit, some sympathetic lecturers give them a single distinction, but more fail. Fail. Fail.

And the only ones above who can get a job with a GPA under 2 are the pointless, insular ethnic girls because muh intersectional feminism. Inb4 how do you know, all students mark range are advertised online at the end and we're all talking about who is getting a job where. If this bitch I know got a job first three she applied for and has "pass" on the graduation roster fucking put the pieces together yourself.

STEM is only shit because of how unequal getting jobs is.
>>
>>75002873
The best job is the one that gets you the hell off the trainwreck that is western civilization
>>
>>75009032
I do electrical engineering and this post is accurate as fuck, kek.
>>
Stop fucking thinking in terms of meme, get a degree and maybe go to fucking grad school that gives you more opportunities. Also get a bunch of certifications, pad your fucking resume, work on side projects, volunteer. Do a bunch of crap.
>>
>not joining skilled trades
Most red pilled jobs IMO. Pays well too
>>
>>75010576
>Stop fucking thinking in terms of meme
>Do a bunch of crap.

This way of thinking is why Canada is still burning.
>>
>>75009032
> ethnic girls
Ethnic Finns or ethnic Czechs?
>>
The whole idea that you need to to go college right after high school to be successful in life is a meme.

Public school systems set up an entire generation for failure.
>>
>>75010985
university here is cheap and subsidized, might as well get something from the high tax rate that we and our parents pay senpai
>>
>>75010322
Only in Australia.

Bro. Wait till you graduate. Unless 60%-80% of your callbacks are female, which is about the amount of women in HR, you're being disadvantaged by affirmative action. Only men don't believe this shit, actually neither do most women but they just go along with it.

>>75011188
Indians and Arabs, the kind that think they're sluts for talking to guys.

Disclaimer, my face is easily 8/10. I'm a handsome guy, maybe I was just intimidating them and didn't realise it? Whatever, it still presents a weakness on there part. There are not guys and girls everywhere, you're still an autistic fuck if you spaghetti everywhere when talking to them.

Sorry, but the west doesn't like autistics... Unless of course it's "cultural." Ever noticed how only white men are accused of autism? More pieces.
>>
File: kes.jpg (27 KB, 325x396) Image search: [Google]
kes.jpg
27 KB, 325x396
>>75011699
>Disclaimer, my face is easily 8/10. I'm a handsome guy, maybe I was just intimidating them and didn't realise it? Whatever, it still presents a weakness on there part.
>>
>>75012139
That bitch is a child molester.
>>
>>75012499
woman exposing herself =/= molestation
>>
>>75002873
Something vocational. Most STEM degrees get you into teaching which is shit. Try medical fields, or engineering
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.