[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people use English as the "default" language?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Why do people use English as the "default" language?

What determines the world's universal language? Before it was French i believe. What caused the switch?

Also will English be replaced and by what?

Ive never been into languages until recently when I started learning German. Seems fucking pointless but its the only language that interests me.
>>
Most powerful superpower cont las the language. English speaking countries have had a couple hundred years of time in power. Before that was France, before that was Rome, etc.
>>
Colonization
>>
Your right. I'm JohnsonMissile now
>>
something to do with the british empire controlling half the world maybe?
>>
>>75000415
America and Great Britain are the world's two most relevant countries and both use English.

+ English is fuck easy to learn. It's composition is very objective while many other languages are relative in their use.
>>
>>75000415
German almost got main language in america
>>
>>75000415
it's just plain beautiful to speak, enjoyable to hear and trully easy to learn.
>>
>>75001420
>Great Britian
>Second most relevant

No that isn't how you spell China
>>
you need some way to communicate with your masters
>>
>>75000415
It's relatively easy language to learn to speak and write on a basic level. Then there's the fact that United States has done pretty good job distributing entertainment like Movies, Music and games across the globe. We hear English daily because most of our foreign movies, tv-shows and series only have subtitles and dubs are considered as something meant for children.
>>
>>75001543

China has no power projection and their economy is in complete shambles. The government is rife with corruption and every resource they have is subject to mismanagement.

Chinese power is a myth pushed my media and nothing more.
>>
>>75001521
You can stay
>>
>>75001543
>USA
>First most relevant
That isn't how you spell China.
>>
>>75000415
It's a good universal language fallback for in terms of doing business in this increasingly globalized world.

A Chinese businessman and a German businessman can both conduct business together in a Common Language for example

There's also no accidentally messing things up horribly when you're speaking in another person's native tongue
>>
>>75003836
why dont you go back then
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.