[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you don't tip, you're a fucking degenerate. This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 695x695) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 695x695
If you don't tip, you're a fucking degenerate.
This is just awful.
>>
>>74974916
Stay mad
>>
false flag alert
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 576x835) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 576x835
>>74974958
Fuck off euroshitter.
>>
>>74974916
Tipping is idiotic.
Literally just pay your workers a fair wage.
>>
Jesus Christ you faggot it's called a tip for a fucking reason, it's not called a fucking tax or a bloody tithe you twat
>>
>>74975105
Stay mad
>>
If the service is shit and I know I'm never going back to the restaurant I won't tip.
>>
File: 1461248839010.png (533 KB, 459x612) Image search: [Google]
1461248839010.png
533 KB, 459x612
>>74974916
>expecting customers to top up wages that your employer should be paying you to begin with

LMAO talk about a shitty country.

>Go to cinema
>Forget to clap
>Get shot
>Have to pay medical bills
>>
Rules for American tipping:
10% - terrible service, more of an insult than leaving nothing, done to show how displeased you were
20% - acceptable service, nothing deliberately done wrong but slow inattentive wait staff
30% - average service, you received the minimum level of service you could reasonably expect
40% - great service, the wait staff put extra effort in to improve your experience (e.g. making sure you are happy with your meal, refilling drinks within 10 minutes of them being empty)
50% - exceptional service, the wait staff have either gone balls out to meet your every need or you've caused them to go to extra trouble (e.g. dropping silverware, spilling drinks or moving you to a different table at your request)
60% - large groups to make up for the added difficulty of remembering who ordered what and rearranging the restaurant
>>
>>74975105
>black-mailing a customer out of his money with threats
>>
File: EGM.png (177 KB, 302x303) Image search: [Google]
EGM.png
177 KB, 302x303
>>74975105
>Tell entitled college kid beforehand
>Proceeds to deliberately give poor service to "teach you a lesson"
>Complain to manager that the waiter is a scumbag
>Waiter gets fired unless manager is her relation
>Pic related
>>
>>74974916
Managers of restaurants are required to subsidize the tips/low wages of servers until it meets minimum wage. If the server isn't reaching minimum wage, it's something they need to take up with their employer.
If minimum wage isn't enough to live on, find a better job.

Now fuck off with your bullshit.
>>
>>74975217
>Leaving 10% extra is considered an insult

I liked France, the waiters took it as an insult if you tried to tip. It implies they are underpaid.
>>
>>74975217
I worked in the service industry for 6 years and I've never tipped over 30% and that was literally the best service I've ever gotten.
>>
>>74975105
>blackmail
>absolutely lying about wage laws

Before I tip the plate-carrier should tell me if he's a liberal parasite with the reading level of a nigger. That way I know I want someone else to touch my food.
>>
Do your fucking job and you might get a tip. A tip is not a welfare subsidy.
>>
File: 1403786772289.jpg (72 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1403786772289.jpg
72 KB, 480x640
>>74975105
>'because restaurants are permitted to bypass federal minimal wage requirements'
>ITS UR FAULT WE ARNT PAID RIGHT
>>
>>74975105
Or I can write what I want on a piece of paper with my table number and hand it to the kitchen staff.

Fucking tips, who is america kidding
>>
>>74975217
Are you fucking mental? Or a waitress?

Max tip is 18%
>>
>>74974916
Is it bad that I only tip white people?
>>
>tipping regardless of the quality of service

I don't understand

Do people really do this?
>>
>>74975217
Nigga what?

I've always done 0% for bad, 10% for average, and 20% for good.
>>
>>74975366
>>74975374
>>74975460
I don't support this, I just read it on an /int/ thread. The poster was American.
>>
>>74974916
I don't live a 3rd world country were tipping is required.
>>
Tipping made sense when everybody paid cash and the server could just pocket the money tax free.

However everybody pays card now so servers don't get their tips every day, under the table. They just get their tips with their regular paycheck every two weeks.

Get rid of the minimum wage bypass loophole.
>>
Max tip should be 7-8$ where you're effectively doubling what they make in an hour.

But tipping that much is an insult to fast food employees who work harder for that much and get no tips.

That's why it's ethical to tip ~2$ give or take 2$
>>
>>74975755
is it ok to tip more for rare flags
>>
File: euphoric tip.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
euphoric tip.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>74974916
>If you don't tip, you're a fucking degenerate.
pottery
>>
>>74975105

I tip IF THE SERVICE IS GOOD. I dont just fucking tip as prompted and asked for a percentage of my bill. that is fucking retarded.
>>
>>74975217
Complete bullshit no one fall for this please. 20 percent is pretty much the max that ever gets tipped.
>>
What if the waiter/waitress does literally fucking nothing but fill your glass and take your dirty plates? Am I suppose to give her like $15 for doing nothing? No I'll give her $3-4. I accidentally tripped.

>>74975755
Who tips fast food employees?
>>
>>74975599
>I just read it on an /in/' thread.

Well there is your problem, that is absolute bullshit.
>>
>>74975217
0% - Thanks for carrying the eggs that you didn't cook, you talentless bitch. They were delicious.
>>
>>74974916

Tips are nothing more than a sophisticated form of extortion: "if you dont give me money, you wont be as well served next time".

OP is cancer.
>>
>>74975217
>Europeans believe this is what tipping actually look ls like

Tipping is an American cultural tradition and one of the nice parts of healthy, local, connected economies. I leave good tips because I like the feeling I get from being a good customer and the knowledge that I'm directly paying a person that I just interacted with for like an hour.

The reason people want to ban tips and convert it to standard wages is because tips are harder to tax.
>>
>failling for the minimum wage meme

Employers are required to pay the federal minimum wage to waiters if they fail to make minimum wage through tips. The reduced minimum wage is so they don't haul in fat tips on saturday and then coast on monday
>>
>>74976026
>eating out your waiter's ovaries
>>
Why tip?

In most states if not all, it is a legal requirement to make the employer to cover the difference between "tip wage" (something like 3 bucks/.hr) and the local minimum wage.

So if Saly makes 3 dollars and min wage is 7.50, the employet still HAS to pay her another 4.50. Now that's not true completely, if she made 1 dollar in tips, then the emplyer only has to pay another 3.50.

It's the employer being JEWS trying to get you to pay the wage for them based on a "moral obligation"
>>
File: 200_s.gif (59 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
59 KB, 500x200
Don't matter what you think, just cough up a buck you cheap basterd
>>
>>74975217
Very nice, much better than the clapping meme.
>>
In my post-commie shithole waiters for some reason often take everyone's tips and split it between each other.If I was waiter it would kill all my motivation.
>>
>>74974916
Get a better job or tell your boss to actually pay you.
>>
>>74975217
Nah it's more like:
0% Waiter was disrespectful (then you talk to the manager)
5-8% Bad service, waiter got your order completely wrong or was standoffish
10-12% Waiter was standoffish, but he wasn't rude and got your order correct
15-18% Good service, no real complaints.
20-25% Great service, waiter was charismatic and happy to help. If he got your order wrong, he apologized profusely.
30% large group great service
35% Ate at a fancy resteraunt
40% Waitress gave you head while you ate

That's basically as far as you ever go.
>>
>>74976625
>5-8% Bad service, waiter got your order completely wrong or was standoffish

Why should you tip at all for such horrible service?
>>
>>74976625
>Waitress gave you head while you ate
Where, I need to know
>>
>>74976243
Anyone serving food making minimum wage wouldn't last long. I bartended at an Applebee's for years and would be disappointed if I didn't pull 150 a night in tips, same with servers, it's not meant to be a minimum wage job.
>>
>>74976740
I like standoffish waiters. I don't want to hear about your horrible fucking day.
>>
I really don't get the people who "only" tip 10% for shitty service.
>Haha, fuck you asshole, I'm going to give you slightly less free money!
Really showed him.
>>
>>74976839
>it's not meant to be a minimum wage job
But all restaurants treat it that way, so...
>>
>>74976740
Beta sadfrog tips even for awful service.
Feels ... like at least, by laughing at me, someone spoke to me today.
>>
>>74976625
>5-8% Bad service, waiter got your order completely wrong or was standoffish
>10-12% Waiter was standoffish, but he wasn't rude and got your order correct
No. If I get terrible service, I won't give you any gratitude. Be happy I don't complain.
>>
>>74974916
People actually put a real signature at the bottom of those instead of just scribbles? Weird.
>>
>>74975114
Sure and fuck commission salesmen should be paid a strict hourly wage regardless of how much they sell
>>
>>74976243
I'm not very informed on tip rules and shit so forgive me but are you telling me that employers in the US steal all the tip from their workers and use it as the payment for their work? I don't know if you get what I mean. What I'm saying is it: employer takes the money that worker got extra as a tip from customer and pays him his payment for the work from the bonus money that he should get instead? Or is it worker getting his normal payment + all the tips and I'm just being retarded? Sorry but I'm kinda confused lol
>>
>>74977068
Who the fuck is talking about commission salesmen?
>>
>>74975217
>there are countries this cucked
>>
>>74974916

I see receipts like that for fast food restaurants and I don't tip.

If I'm not sitting at a table and you aren't bringing my food and refilling my drink, or driving to my house to drop it off, then I'm not tipping.

Always tip 15%. 20% if the service is good.
>>
My friend (a Slav Chad) works as a waiter and he says the tip, when he actually gets it is usually $1-3 (so 10-20% at most, more is really rare) and a lot of people don't tip whatsoever. It's a large city cafe, but not too fancy.
>>
>>74974916

Wasn't this found to be a fake, OP?
>>
>>74975599
>I just read it on an /int/ thread
you got rused
>>
2$ is my max for any amount.
>>
>>74974916
I dont fuckin get this Tipping shit in the US?????

You are a capitalistsic society, best services will get most costumers. This is the idea.

Why the fuck do I "maybe" have to pay extra for a random service which you are already paying for?
Why arent you tipping everyone? Why arent you tipping the police when they assist you?

Just this stupid shit for waitresses to get tips. Fuck them. Work and get a salary like everone else.

Maybe you have to tip, maybe you tip too little. Do you need to feel ackward and bad if you dont tip etc?

Fuck them and fuck their tip. If they get tip they should appreciate, but they shouldnt fucking get mad if there is no tip.
>>
The only people who tip here are the Murkin tourists and they get majorly exploited.
>>
>>74976625

No. If you get poor service you don't tip.

Hell there's been times where it took the waitress longer than 10 minutes to come back with my drink (before I even ordered) and I just walked out.
>>
The US has such a weird tipping culture. Over here no one ever tips bar staff yet in the US whoever is serving you expects a tip and if you don't then good luck getting served your turn next time.
>>
>>74974916
LOL I love it and may have to start doing that myself.
>>
File: IMG_20160524_154138.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160524_154138.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Also I just gave $1.40 to the girl working at Dunkin Donuts. Want to know why? Because every time I go in she has what I want ready and she gives me a "free" hotcup with my icecoffee.

She should be happy, that's the first time she's gotten money from me. Make the service absolutely amazing and then I'll give you more money.
>>
>>74977396
No, fuck you swede. Americans are the best tippers in the world, and those who can afford to enjoy tipping.

For me it's 15% base, usually 20%.
Truly great service or a nice pair of boobies, and I am happy to pay even more.

If we travel around Europe we expect to pay dearly to drink you not-so-special beer and even bottled water. So don't stiff American waitresses and waiters unless you are happy for everyone here to know you are a true cunt.
>>
>>74977028
You're a German, don't your waiters hide the tip inside the total as an expense?
>>
>>74977558
Well thats okay I guess.
If I would be a regular costumer coming in all the time, and I get good service. Then I would tip, otherwise not.

How do US staff look at tourists coming over? Do they expect European tourists to understand a US tipping culture which doesnt exists over here?
>>
>>74977763
>You're a German, don't your waiters hide the tip inside the total as an expense?
They actually do sometimes. I actually tried to tip 'american' once and gave a restaurant I frequent a 20% tip. Our server, the owner, said to me that she can't accept it as it is 'too much'.
I wouldn't even have a problem with your tipping culture, but those waiters and servers just seem so entitled to that money, as if they earned a tip by showing up.
>>
>don't tip
>shitty woman waitress complains at me while we leave
>don't even bother complaining to her manager, go outside and key every car in the lot
>throw a brick into the front of the restaurant
I'm posting this from jail.
>>
>>74977730
Its different cultures.
If I would tip 20% in Sweden the girl would just think Im hitting on her, she would get happy or even not so happy.

Ofcourse a bitch likes money but still.

If I would be a regular customer all the time in the US at any place, I would tip.

But isnt it actually wierd?
When you buy a new car, why dont you tip the guy 2000 dollars for giving you a "great service"?

Im not against tipping, Im against why the FUCK should this thing be unique to waitresses?????
>>
>>74977730
Why dont you tip your doctor or dentists, who devoted their life and time to medicine, who have to continously keep themselves at pace with current scientific theories and treatments???

Why should a girl serving u coffee get extra and a doctor not???
>>
>>74977730
>Americans are the best tippers in the world
That's like saying America won the super bowl, other countries aren't really competing.
>>
>>74977817
Honestly man, people may get mad about you not tipping but no-one will do anything about it, just don't mention it. I very rarely tip for anything, got a haircut yesterday, she got visibly upset I didn't write anything down as a tip but she didn't say anything, i'll go back in 1 year to get my hair cut again and she'll do the same. Delivery drivers are the worst though, since they are right up in front of you, they'll look down at the paper and if they don't see anything they'll look at you very rudely and then walk away.
>>
>>74977144
Have you ever worked in a non-denny's restaurant? Certain (black, jewish) people don't tip as a matter of course, but if most of your customers are human beings they will tip you. They will in fact tip you a percentage of the check if they are well-raised people.

So if you sell a couple out to dinner on a good bottle of wine, lobster for the lady, and a nice steak for the gentleman, you will in fact be tipped (ie. take home more) than someone who sells two salads and a beer.

You're proposing making the fuckup who can't get an order straight and stares at their shoes make the same as someone who forges people skills and generally provides a good experience for the guests.

Akin to saying Jimmy gets the same take-home as Billy, even though Billy sold fifteen MRI machines to a health network and Jimmy sold a box of syringes and one case of adult diapers to a single hospital.

Do you see why Billy generates more value?
>>
>>74975105

>come home from liberal arts college for spring break
>dropped my iPhone, it has a crack now
>this means I need a new one
>go to apple store
>buy 800 dollar iPhone 9s with 400 megapixel camera because more pixels is better, the number is clearly larger than that lame regular 9
>about to leave the store
>"OI, STOP YOU THIEF"
>I turn around "I'm sorry, what? "
>"WHERE'S MY TIP, YOU WANKER?"
>"I just paid 800 euro for this phone, all you did was grab a box from a shelf"
>"MY KIDS HAVE TO GO TO COLLEGE, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET MONEY"?
>"I really don't... Yep, that's a knife"
>pay tip money in order not to get stabbed
>call police
>police place me in custody for 30 days for trying to leave without tipping
>get fined
>"You are free to go"
>"But the door is locked"
>have to tip police too or they won't open the cell door

Such is life in Canada
>>
>>74975279
Waiters dont get fired just because you complain about them to the manager. How important do you think you are?
>>
>>74977730

So? Just tip then. Why force everyone else to adhere to your ridiculous standards?
>>
Why should I tip someone for doing their job?
>>
>>74978264

The waiter doesn't sell the food, that's the store owner.
>>
>>74978036
>tip 20% in Sweden
Are tips halal?
>>
>>74976625
if the service was good and the food was good i give u 4 bucks.

then i dock a dollar for everytime u fuck up.

if u got nice titties and talked to me for a bit so i could see them i might be persuaded to tip u 7 bucks at the max but i dont take shit so if u fuck up i deduct 2 dollars everytime.

i keep it simple
>>
Not tipping in countries where it's customary is a bit of a dick thing to do, but not tipping and leaving a passive-aggressive note before running away is an outright cuntish thing to do.
>>
>>74975105
>waah waah i get payed badly at my shitty half time job
then go get a better one you half-functioning bucket of leftover fry oil
>>
>>74975105
What if I don't tip because the service is bad?
>>
>>74975114
Tipping helps insure "good" service, tipping shouldn't be mandatory. I work in the service industry and always give exceptional service. I dont expect good tips but i know others that expect it.

tldr: Tips should be an incentive for workers to give good service as they are working for their customers.
>>
>>74978683

Americans are the most entitled people in the world, they will fuck with your food.
>>
>>74978683
That's perfectly acceptable I think, you should let the manager know though.
>>
>>74975105
I tip but If I saw this sign in real life I would turn right around and take my MONEY to another restaurant.
>>
>>74975217

LOLNO

15-20% is basic. Any higher is gratuity for large groups.

Youre not attentive and dont refill my drinks you get nothing. Period.
>>
>>74978756
/THREAD
>>
>>74977470
I do it occasionally on a saterday night,I do get served a little quicker.and
>>
File: THREAD.jpg (60 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
THREAD.jpg
60 KB, 600x400
>>
>>74975755
No, working at fast food requires little to no service skills. while being a waiter or waitress involves more, as well as helping customers navigate a menu. Being a bartender is even more responsibility as you have to know how to mix drinks properly, multi task, give good service and give opinions and direction on menu items.
>>
>>74979046
faggot
>>
>>74975279
A relic from old /b/. How I miss it
>>
>>74978996
The trick to getting served quicker is having a tenner in your hand ready.
>>
>>74975105
If tips don't cover at least minimum wage, the restaurant has to cover the difference. At some restaurants (Olive Garden for example), tips between everyone are divided up (includes bar tips). $2-$3 an hour is a bullshit lie.

Nobody you serve is responsible for your pay or the tipping system.

Not trying on the job for ANY job makes you a shitty employee no matter which way you slice it.

Only being courteous because you expect a treat like a dog skips past shitty employee and just makes you a shitty person.

Pizza delivery deserves it because they actually spend their own money to cover gas. Give them like a dollar or two, you know it didn't take an entire gallon to get to your place.
>>
>>74979039
Oh yeah, tough guy?
What are you going to do, hit me with a bicycle tire?
>>
>>74974916
your country is horrible, this is on my list of "why not to visit America"

>>74975114
also what this guy said
>>
>>74975217
10% used for breakfast
15% lunch
20% dinner
>>
>>74978338

>My special snowflake ass is more important than my businesses income

Lol, goodbye!
>>
I tip at a negative rate to even out my final total no matter how good the service is. The quality of service will determine if their tires are slashed or not.
>>
>>74975105
I over tip, even in less than perfect service situations, but this faggy infograph is making me reconsider if this is the general concensus. Fuck your assumption that you deserve my money. Be thankful for that 3 bucks an hour because guess what - if I couldn't afford to pay for that I wouldn't be there and you'd be out of a job. So when you pull shit like taking 20 mins to get me a beer because you were too busy tweeting amd blowing the manager, you just made sure I wasn't ordering much else. Ungrateful fucking SJWS all over the place, get a new fucking profession if you don't like the pay.
>>
I'm a bartender/server/host/food runner.

You don't have to tip. It's rude not to, you should factor in a tip when you go out in what you expect to pay, but the percentage of the population that doesn't tip properly is very very small. Other decent people do tip and will over compensate for entitled people who don't tip if they notice it happen near them.

Don't tip, whatever, you're not cheating the system, you're just being stingy. Ask questions, debate me, deep down you know you're a prick.

>>74978683

Then don't tip.
>>
>>74975336
Also, there are a lot of states where min tipping wage is the same as min wage.
>>
>>74978497
>>
File: 1408543297950-559d0048a8f5a.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1408543297950-559d0048a8f5a.png
29 KB, 633x758
Happened Saturday

>went to a restaurant with my colleagues
>this chubby but qt waitress was very flirty with me the whole night
>the companys boss which I never met before told me she was hitting on me
>im a perma virgin with no social skills so I didn't pick up un it
>he told me jokingly that if I got her phone number he'd promote me
>I wanted to impress him so I took all courage I could find and asked her for her phone number
>"lol anon, if you leave a good tip I'll leave my phone number"
>the boss looked at me and said "cant refuse a good looking girl"
>I went ahead and gave her a 30 Euro tip on a 25 Euro meal
>she gave me a number
>called her today due to the 3 day waiting rule
>number was wrong

This fat fucking bitch got me to pay her 30 Euro for a fucking 10 number combination to nowhere.
Fuck everything man and fuck America for bringing this tip culutre to Germany
>>
>>74979088
True,pursed between ones lips.
>>
>>74979075
care to expand on why you disagree with me? or do you have nothing better to do than call names and make yourself look more like an idiot?
>>
>>74979604
top kek, actually believe this to be true and not trolling.

a benis is a benis, what can u say
>>
>>74979604
did you get promoted at least?
>>
>>74979604
jej
>>
File: images (2).jpg (6 KB, 224x148) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
6 KB, 224x148
>>74979604

I want this to be true, hahahaha!
>>
>>74979604
She deserved that tip.
>>
File: 1458201884791.jpg (87 KB, 600x378) Image search: [Google]
1458201884791.jpg
87 KB, 600x378
>>74979604
oh my god. I gotta stop, I'm going outside. Holy fuck...
>>
File: NO!.gif (2 MB, 355x240) Image search: [Google]
NO!.gif
2 MB, 355x240
>>74974916
lol fag
>>
>>74979604
Well did you get the promotion?
>>
>>74979730
>>74979927

as I said he was joking about that
>>
>>74979604
uh. mate, if you're paying for a number you're doing it wrong.

heartiste.wordpress

please go read his entire blog.
>>
>>74979604
Were you promoted?
Give me 30 Euro please
>>
>>74975105
"Tip" is not a word

TIPS means "to insure proper service"

If you are shit-tier at serving then you're not going to get extra money.
>>
>>74979604

If your boss promoted you for 30 euro, you got away very well. Of course that bitch is going to give a fake number to a FUCKING WHITE MALE like you, german women are brainwashed as fuck.
>>
>>74979143
>>74979143
>Pizza delivery deserves it because they actually spend their own money to cover gas. Give them like a dollar or two, you know it didn't take an entire gallon to get to your place.

No. I worked in 2 separate pizza places and we paid our delivery drivers $0.53 per mile. If they tell you they don't get paid for their gas i wouldn't trust them.
I tip delivery drivers for getting pizza to my house hot and intact (not smashed against the top of the box) also making sure the pizza was made right.
>>
>>74979604
Someone cap this and post it on imgur.com/r/4chan kek
>>
File: 1398334673685.gif (2 MB, 250x195) Image search: [Google]
1398334673685.gif
2 MB, 250x195
>>74979604
30 FUCKING EUROS

are you trying to be a goddamn hero?
>>
>>74977558
Here's a tip, she wants your cock.
>>
Won't you get fired for posting shit about customers including full names online?
>>
>>74978338
>Keep on staff that are causing problem 100% chance to lose business, shitty waitress now knows she can get away with anything and continues shit service, further driving away business
>Fire shitty staff, significant chance to keep that business, hire another busty college student to take her place

I wonder what choice I'd make
>>
>tipping culture
>suing culture
>debt culture

Does America get any more farcical?
>>
>>74975217
stupid eurocuck. you dont tip over 15 unless she let you grope
>>
>>74979604
KEK no mate, you didn't tip for a fucking 10 number combination to nowhere, you tipped for a nice greentext story :) I'll give you it back dw

*30 Euro have been deposited to your bank account*

There you go, krautfriend :)
And no, I didn't scam you.
>>
>>74979424
Pretty much this, 10 years in service industry has taught me is all the tips end up evening out in the end.

It does drive me crazy that certain ethnic groups "require" extra attention and then feel the need to not tip because you are their slave and it is their passive aggressive way at getting back at the white man, but thats for a different thread.
>>
>>74975217
This is about how I tip. I pay more for better service. Poorfags stay mad.
>>
>>74980317
>checks flag
Sorry anon it doesn't correlate with your story
>>
>>74975105
Stein defense force at maximum capacity
>>
>>74980033
>"Tip" is not a word

Yes it is, what the fuck?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratuity#Etymology_and_history
>>
>>74974916
>went in NY two years ago
>tip 25 $ for 100$ total addition
>look at me really angry

Why ? Isn't 15-20% ?
>>
>>74974916
Tipping is NEVER necessary as a means to supplement income. Yes servers and the like make a much lower wage than other people. However, IF the servers tips do not meet NORMAL federal minimum wage, then the business MUST make up the difference. This is why you have to report your tips you uneducated entitled piece of shit.
>>
File: [Inaudible Screaming].jpg (22 KB, 600x662) Image search: [Google]
[Inaudible Screaming].jpg
22 KB, 600x662
>>74974916
>its another angry waiter episode
>>
>local restaurant now has pay-at-table tablet things
>tip screen
>it defaults to 22%
>doesn't go lower than 10%

I was always told 15% but I guess that is antiquidated.
>>
>>74980033
Also
>TIPS means "to insure proper service"
You mean 'ensure'. So that's that weird little theory out of the way, too.
>>
>>74980451
They should have been happy that a 4nr adhered to their ridiculous societal pressures
>>
>>74974916
If you don't arbitrarilly give the waiter money you're degenerate?
Handouts are degenerate, you fucking minimally exceptional pizzeria server.
Go suck off the bernie blowout doll
>>
>>74975993
Nobody, that was the point.
>>
>>74974916
> Tipping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBTfj2lN6sQ
>>
File: el rato with the bribo.jpg (7 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
el rato with the bribo.jpg
7 KB, 310x163
>>74974916
You Americans fucking tip everything
>>
Enjoy the tips while a RestauBot 2000 doesn't take your job.
>>
In my life experience in and out of restaurants, there are two kinds of people that don't tip: niggers and jews.

So which are you?
>>
>>74975993
i've tipped at sonic because im autistic and didn't know how to act in a situation where someone brings you food, but it's still fast food
>>
>>74980400

Checked.

I could have gone on and elaborated, but what's the point. No one is changing their minds here.
>>
> 46 dollars
> tip 13 dollars
> credit card bill 65 dollars

Why nigger me when I tipped over 20%
>>
>>74977558
I tend to get discounts on stuff and then tip it back.

I get £5 off my haircut every time as I know the guy who owns the place and tip it straight back.
>>
>>74980507
What restaurant? This should be illegal.
>>
>>74975217
poorfag detected
50% tip means they sucked dick
100% tip means it was ok
200% means they remembered you from last time
500% tip means you had at least two people with you
>>
>>74980760

Call the restaurant. Fuck faces with no ethics should be jailed. I have never and will never take more than what I deserve or what was left for me. That's really fucked up anon.
>>
I don't feel the need to support the americunts in any way. What is this, fucking socialism? Price and demand ladies. They get what they earn, nothing more. If they think they deserve more, they should get a better job instead of leeching off the industrious.
>>
>>74974916

The 2 from the server number is same as the two 2 written by the "customer". Fake and gay. At least get someone else to write the second part.
>>
>>74980772
I always give my local bro barber some on top because hes got the bants and always, always tries to make sure you're as happy with the cut as possible
>>
>>74975217
Or fucking Work and get your salary and thats fucking.

Why are there no tips for doctors or dentists who actually are doing something important, can any of you tip-cunts explain this to me thank you very much????
>>
>Go to restaurant 20m before closing
>Order huge ass servings
>Watch the game like I'm at home
>Order natural juice when they already shut down the juice squeezer
>Ask for dessert
>Pay with food voucher (Sodexo) (they have a special machine for it which is taxed more)
>Don't tip

Life is good and I like it.
>>
It's not that not tipping is wrong, it's that by shaming people into leaving tips they make more money than they are otherwise worth.

I asked someone who was arguing that people should be tipped, and who get's tipped if she would be happy getting paid 12 dollars an hour instead.

She paused and said she would make less money that way. Like, what the fuck?
>>
>>74974916

>tipping wetbacks
>>
File: john-oliver__140110023442.jpg (927 KB, 3441x2388) Image search: [Google]
john-oliver__140110023442.jpg
927 KB, 3441x2388
Brit that's been to the US and tipped here.

Even WITH tipping handsomely, the bill from American restaurants is half what it is in Europe.

So why not tip?

I was usually tipping everyone 40-50%
>>
>>74974916
Tipping is voluntary and is never required.
It's not the customer's fault that your work place refuses to pay you a stable wage.
With that being said, I'll tip you if you offer me decent or better service. The more you go out of your way to take care mine or the rest of my party's needs the better the tip.
>>
>>74980760
damn niggers cant even read ... he thought 13 was 19
>>
>>74974916
Weird how they didn't show a full image of the receipt.

S'pose 'Customer Copy' at the bottom would have wrecked the narrative.
>>
>>74980902
>than what I deserve

Apex kek
>>
>>74981068
>voluntary
if you plan on never going back maybe
>>
>>74977134
No, servers here get paid below average minimum wages because they make tips, which count as part of their actual salary.
>>
>>74980507
its just a marketing meme. Tip should be paid only if the food or the service was exceptional. Otherwise there is not that much point trying to make the restaurant better than everybody else.

But money makers in murrica managed to push some wierd idea into your skulls that you are obliged to pay certain amount of tip so they could squeeze some extra dollars from you.

Its a same thing with diamonds. De Beers company created an ad that says you should buy diamond wedding ring that costs at least your 2 months wage. While in reality natural diamonds have little inherent value. Only the fact that DeBeers holds worldwide diamond monopoly and that people believe diamonds are valuable makes them pay so much
>>
>>74974916
>go to a mexican restaurant where you have you pay at the front desk
>go to pay with my card
>lady at register looks at me expantantly with her pen on my reciept
>"how much you want to tip"
>tell her tip is on the table
>she almost angrily writes 0.00 on the tip space and totals it out
>said "make anerica great again" on the way out
>tip wasnt on the table

I dont give money to beggars or cunts
>>
>>74975105
what a brainwashed tool you are, faggot
>>
>>74975217
I always leave 20% tip
I've NEVER seen a 60% tip unless it was a really short bill and or we were all fucking drunk or stoned
>>
>>74980654
Because of our (U.S.A.) lack of understanding that a minimum wage is not a living wage "people" have demanded a $15 an hour minimum wage. I think this will not only drive down service in the restaurant/bar industry but also make way for kiosks and most if not all server jobs will turn into food runners. Its sad that we don't understand that these jobs are jump off points to pursue school/college or used as a 2nd income. Too many people are relying on low end, low education jobs as a career. If you want to make more money make sacrifices, go get and education, and try harder. Don't complain you want more hand outs.
>>
File: 1463906005537.jpg (94 KB, 745x658) Image search: [Google]
1463906005537.jpg
94 KB, 745x658
>>74977558
Torrenting without a vpn
>>
>>74974916
If you're okay with literally gambling on your paycheck being more than minimum wage you're a degenerate.
>>
>>74981179
True, but if they spit on/in your food you just report the restaurant's "health hazard" to the manager or the FSIS.
>>
File: ClownTeaBag.jpg (84 KB, 500x651) Image search: [Google]
ClownTeaBag.jpg
84 KB, 500x651
>>74981165

Ha. ha. You ever worked in the service industry? It's physical and mental labor that we don't see represented on our paycheck.

I didn't make the system, you can thank the great depression for that, but it is what I deserve based on the situation service industry workers are put in.

Like I said earlier, don't tip, the majority of the population will and I will still be fine.
>>
>>74978036
you kind of do tip- but it's included in the sale of the car- the salesman gets paid on a commission.
>>
>>74980135
Could be different elsewhere. None of my pizza buds were paid for mileage. Either that or they missed out on a good lawsuit against Papa John's and Domino's.
>>
>>74977068
>Thinks tipping and bonuses are the same thing
>>
How much do you usually need to tip in America? At israel its 10% and it's no big deal money wise.
The only problem is tipping together with a lot of people, so non tipping places like Japan are great in that regard, but their waitresses earn more
>>
>>74974916
>>74975105
get a real job you faggot bitch boy
>>
>>74981026
I'm guessing she was the younger "Me" generation that are so self involved they feel like they should get paid $15 and make 25-30% tips because she brought you food. Go complain to a manager about the extortion.
>>
>>74979424
Are we supposed to tip as a percentage of the cost of food+tax? Or just the cost of food?
>>
File: ivanka.jpg (27 KB, 413x650) Image search: [Google]
ivanka.jpg
27 KB, 413x650
Watch Donald J. Trump destroy degenerate Current Year Icon John Oliver right here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl9EjEQnI5w

>>
>>74981383
He is using Botnet 8 anyway
>>
>>74979689
you tip waiters because they get paid less and have less work hours. that's not the case for people who work in fast food. no idea how it applies to bartenders though.
>>
>>74978761
Where I come from, you get the food before you pay. If you make yourself seem like a generous person who's going to tip there's nothing for them to do about it when the check comes.

Now if you stiff them once and come back and they recognize you, certain people might try shady shit with your food, but that's downright criminal (literally) behavior. I've seen staff get nearly fired when an asshole customer just pretended they left hair in their food just to get a free meal.
>>
>>74981587
skint yehoodies

we usually tip around 15%
>>
>being a tipcuck in 2016
Haha oh wow, yeah, you didn't need that money for future endeavors, give it to Jane so she can buy condoms for Jamal or Brian who is going to go dump it on a dimebag later that night.
>>
>>74981413
the fact you have to worry about that is why it's so fucked, you could have the most charming person in the world but they will fuck you if you don't tip because if it wasn't for tips they would probably go to some other job
>>
File: anon i.gif (5 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
anon i.gif
5 KB, 500x332
>>74981587

>but their waitresses earn more

And the food costs more relatively. It's a trade off.

>at Isreal it's 10%

Surprised it's not less
>>
>>74980451
Well it is NY. They are majorly entitled cunts there.
>>
>>74976625
I literally just give a five dollar tip for whatever I get.
>>
>>74974916
Huhjhjjuhhhu here take money I don't have to give u because I'm not a degenerate. Reported saged kill yourself
>>
When i was in NY there was like a automatic 20% 'tip' on the bill what the fuck, are we suppose to tip above that? i think we did.
>>
>>74979604
lol- you triedhard. you overtipped and demonstrated that your beta levels were too high. Hence the fake number.
>>
>>74974916
BASED AS FUCK

Illegals have no business being here, they already steal from our Taxes. Why should we tip them?
>>
>>74981787
Have you been to japan? Its cheap af (well compared to europe and israel)
>>74981749
Then why are people crying about it?
>>
>>74975217

I disagree with this. 20% is usually the tip for good service. 10% for subpar and even as low as 0 if they were completely terrible. Even with large groups if their total comes out to around $400, 20% of that is $80 which is a fucking lot for serving one table. Serving is always a gamble. You can serve a large group, give excellent service, they'll get a $400 bill and won't leave a tip.

I agree that the tipping system is weird but I rely on tips with my current job so I can't complain. Beats minimum wage
>>
>>74981638

I've never found anyone worried that much about the difference between 1 or 2 dollars. If you're having a 500 dollar meal I reckon you could tip just on food as the tax will make a larger difference, but servers look at the total and hope for 18-20% based on that.
>>
>>74975217
>Rules for American tipping:
>not even American
lel
I just tip $5 no matter what unless it's <$20 or they suck. Then it's nothing.
>>
File: 1456965484660.jpg (48 KB, 512x450) Image search: [Google]
1456965484660.jpg
48 KB, 512x450
>Waaah you should have to give me extra because I was too stupid to get a real fucking job
>>
>>74974916
this didn't happen
>>
>>74981965

Hence the word "relatively" you moron
>>
>>74981722
I don't know about where you live, but in the USA, waiters/bartenders and fast food workers all get paid minimum wage. They also can work the same amount of hours.

I don't understand how your statement applies.
>>
>>74982088

I know a lot of servers and bartenders and the majority of them are in college... so
>>
>>74974916
>be American
>expect a tip
arrogance at its finest
>>
>>74975495
no
>>
How good can service be that it warrants giving someone more cash than they're already earning? The bitch is just bringing you food, asking if you want a drink with your steak and cleaning your table, which is her fucking job. It's not the customers fault if the waiter's boss isn't paying enough.
>>
>>74980284
kek

Tipping is a joke, it only started over here because of the American influence. Absolutely pathetic, pay your workers a proper wage you tight pricks.
>>
>>74981687
>,.,.,.,.
is this secret jew code or something?
>>
>>74975279
How important do you think you are to the system?
>>
>>74981893

Some places have automatic gratuity which is retarded. Tipping should be optional. They usually do this for larger groups so the server doesn't get stiffed, but still. Knowing you'll get a 20% tip means you can slack and have no repercussions
>>
File: 1455946813004.jpg (49 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1455946813004.jpg
49 KB, 500x667
>paying somebody extra for doing their job.
>>
I haven't read this article, but I expect it is a good start for understanding the system. (Looking at you, europoors)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratuity
>>
@ >>74982305,

>>74982088 is Canadian so its okay, he will never understand.
>>
>>74978517
>WEE WOO WEE WOO FLAT RATE TIPPING BEANER ALERT

CANT INTO MATH THEREFORE EVERYTHING IS SAME TIP

>WEE WOO WEE WOO
>>
>>74975217
>>74976625
>>74977730
>>74979328
>>74980507
>>74980854
>>74981285
>>74981587
>>74982004
>tipping percentage meme
You faggots perpetuate the shitty entitlement these retards get while working food service. Give 'em a few bucks regardless or give them nothing. I'm not doing math for a fucking steak. I actually had some bitch get offended because she only got $5. Fuck you. See if you get anything at all next time.
>>
>>74982489
this was all in hells kitchen places tbqh. Waiters did not slack at all really nice people
>>
>>74982483
How important do you think the average waiter is? I'm the customer, my money (collectively) makes or breaks the business. If a rude waiter turns me off from your establishment, that waiter is a liability, not an asset
>>
>>74975105
>Pay our employee for us! If you don't, then you're a bad, bad goy! Very bad! Just think of his family! The poor guy works so hard and you refuse to pay him! It's all your fault!

This is pathetic. Tipfaggotry needs to be outlawed. They should be forced to pay their waiters a proper wage.
>>
>>74974916
I only tip if service is acceptable. Don't do your job well? No tip. Don't like it? Find a new job.
>>
>>74982580

Percentage is just a cultural thing that's been around for a while. If you want to be different who cares

>>74982609

Never been to New York so I don't really know how their system works
>>
File: 1463683272535.png (423 KB, 932x1476) Image search: [Google]
1463683272535.png
423 KB, 932x1476
>>74982580

The percentage is based on the fact that if the food is more expensive, the job requires more knowledge. Your server knows more about food and wine pairing if it's a nice steakhouse etc. and can educate you if you so desire. They also are expected to know the proper steps of service and can guide you through a nice experience instead of just dropping shit off at your table and handing you a budweiser.
>>
>>74979143

>If tips don't cover at least minimum wage, the restaurant has to cover the difference.

And if they get enough in tips, the restaurant can pay them nothing and be perfectly covered by minimum wage laws (this literally happened at a restaurant I worked at in high school). It's a fucking stupid system in which restaurants fuck the customers straight up the ass and the waiters are just the poor fuckers that lube up the dick and get yelled at for it.
>>
>>74975105
Reminder that most tips arent going for the waiters they are going for the owner. The waiters still getting minimum wage whether you tip or not.
*tips kipa*
>>
>>74982180
They get paid a minimum wage that is much lower than the untipped wage. They are expected to make up the difference. The employer, by law, is required to make sure the employee makes at least the untipped wage after their tips. However, having to be compensated for low tips will almost always lead to being fired after the first time.
>>
>>74974916
>Work as a server in America
>Expect all customers are obligated to tip regardless of service given by the server because the server makes assumptions based on the customer's race, gender, appearance etc
>If they don't tip and visit the establishment again the server feels they are justified to fuck with their food, have them wait long periods of time for their drinks and food while neglecting the table
>If a customer tips but the server still doesn't like them for some reason be it they have noisy kids or something they still give the customer sub par service
Face facts, no matter how much you "tip" someone, if they don't like you they will fuck you over. That is human nature.
>>
>>74975374
Seriously? What if your bill is 7? You don't round it up to 10?

What I don't like about the tip thing is waiters brag how they make 200/night but think not tipping 20% is a sin since they have to live, lol
>>
>>74982763
I agree BUT, most places would rather have a bad server with experience than no server, its what we call a "warm body" someone who can do the job but isn't good at it.Other servers usually "carry" them.
>>
>>74975409
it's not even accurate they still have to get paid min wage if they don't get enough tips
>>
>>74974916
What kind of retard would tip?

They're already being paid for their job
>>
>>74983053

Restaurants that do that are shifty and the owner is a prick, but we're talking about a very competitive market with razor thin margins when you factor in all the costs. The guy probably had debt out the ass and his balls in his throat.
>>
>>74977396
Mohammad pls.
>>
>>74975105
>permitted to bypass
stopped right there. They have their own category of minimum wage laws and have you server faggots are too stupid to understand that if between your hourly and tips you dont come out to the tipped employee minimum wage per hour, your employer legally has to compensate you the difference when you report it to them.

Learn and exercise your rights because nobody else is going to do it for you.
>>
>>74983061
This is UNTRUE in the USA. If the owner takes tips its essentially stealing from the employee
>>
>>74983053
That is actually illegal. There is a minimum wage for tipped workers, it is just a lot less than untipped workers. Getting caught doing this is a bad thing, as is confiscating tips.
>>
>>74983439

It's not if they pay a fair wage, but it gets horrendous reactions. Look at Amy's Baking Company.

Anyone else remember that fun?
>>
>>74976625
>35% Ate at a fancy resteraunt
Do poor people really think this? No, the tip scales with the price of the meal, meaning 15% of $40 vs 15% of $400. 20% max, unless you are a ludicrously wealthy dumbass trying to gain attention and admiration for flaunting your wealth.

God damn, I hate poor people.
>>
>hundreds of replies
>all he had to do was crop the image above where it says "MERCHANT COPY" at the bottom of the receipt, wait a couple months, and post his troll image again

welcome, summerfags

now get the fuck out

>>>/b/
>>
File: NickelDimed.jpg (297 KB, 1400x2100) Image search: [Google]
NickelDimed.jpg
297 KB, 1400x2100
You don't really,really, have to tip. If the waiter knows the law they can make the boss pay the money when the season for taxes comes. But most people don't know it so they get fucked by the boss.

Want to read about the life of poor ignorant amerifags who make up the majority of hte population.
>>
File: tip-jar-court-room1.jpg (39 KB, 358x400) Image search: [Google]
tip-jar-court-room1.jpg
39 KB, 358x400
>>74974916
The sooner everyone quits tipping the sooner restaurants will have to budget wages for their staff in and reflect the actual prices on their menu, like they should have been doing all along.
>>
>>74983544
Find me some sources. I know if any of bosses took my tips i'd deck them. Amy's Baking Company?
>>
>>74983873

Google it, newfag. It was huge on 4chan and the Internet in general a few years ago. Gordon Ramseys show, kitchen nightmares.
>>
I work at a country club and make $8.25/h plus tips.

I make $8.25/h most nights, because rich people don't fucking tip.
>>
>>74980794
Applebees is most likely.
>>
>>74977068
Good point.
Give waitstaff a commission and fuck tips.
>>
>>74984041

It's a country club retard. Rich people tip, but not when they pay for it in dues. This is an actual case of "don't like it? get a new job."
>>
>>74975217
Rules for sensible tipping:
0% - terrible service, more of an insult than leaving nothing, done to show how displeased you were
0% - acceptable service, nothing deliberately done wrong but slow inattentive wait staff
0% - average service, you received the minimum level of service you could reasonably expect
0% - great service, the wait staff put extra effort in to improve your experience (e.g. making sure you are happy with your meal, refilling drinks within 10 minutes of them being empty)
0% - exceptional service, the wait staff have either gone balls out to meet your every need or you've caused them to go to extra trouble (e.g. dropping silverware, spilling drinks or moving you to a different table at your request)
0% - large groups to make up for the added difficulty of remembering who ordered what and rearranging the restaurant

I'm not the one paying for your wage, your fucking employer is. If that's not enough, either ask for a raise or find another job, you lazy piece of shit.
>>
File: 1366009340217.gif (1023 KB, 265x260) Image search: [Google]
1366009340217.gif
1023 KB, 265x260
>>74974916
I never tip...I love answering the door of my house for pizza and giving them exact change. then I just stand there with a blank look on my face not saying anything while they wait for the tip until they feel so awkward that they slowly walk away
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.