[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did a movie with such bad criticism and negative user reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 275x183
How did a movie with such bad criticism and negative user reviews #1 in the box office?
>>
>>74974367
Clearly the bad reviews were because of misogynists conspiring to spam the dislike button.
>>
Silent majority dont listen to media or care for it
>>
https://youtu.be/dqjzquzFSMg
They credited Ben Garrison at the end of the movie
>>
>>74974367

Probably the same way a guy who is more racist than Hitler is going to be President.

Such angry little birds, indeed.
>>
File: 1440528007000.png (147 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1440528007000.png
147 KB, 1000x1000
>>74974367
It's a CG kid's film based on an extremely popular and kid-friendly game. You think parents think twice about taking kids to see a kids' movie? They just want to spend time with their kid without having to really do anything and then have something to talk with them about afterwards at dinner without being totally awkward.
>>
>>74974572
>trump
>racist
give me proof RIGHT NOW or fuck back off to reddit
>>
Is this available as a HDRip yet?

I'd go watch it because it's finnish, but it's a kid's movie and I don't want to look like a pedo.
>>
because of meme magic.

PRAISE
KEK
>>
File: red.0.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
red.0.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>74974471
>>74974367
>>74974514
>>74974552
>>74974572

Now what is the symbolism? Some lines of evidence that Red and the Birds represent Europe or at least Germany:
In one of the opening scenes Red is awakened to a small blue and white striped bird kicking a soccer ball against his house. The bird’s plumage is the exact same color and pattern as the Argentinian flag, the team Germany defeated for the 14 World Cup. Ok, maybe nothing, but what about Red and his friends Chuck and Bomb being Red, yellow, and black…the colors of the post-war German Flag.

As for the Pigs: Besides the Pigs being green and green being the color of Islam (The Prophet’s favorite color, the color on almost all Islamic Flags, the color of the clothes of people in Paradise, etc), there is a quick scene towards the end of the movie that depicts the liberal “Coexist” sticker we are all familiar with. Except in the movie all religious symbolism has been removed except for…the Crescent Moon of Islam.

If that’s not enough, towards the end of the movie Bomb desperately tries to get mad so he can self-detonate and destroy a bridge. He thinks and chants “Pigs in planes” and finally explodes. Is this a reference to 9/11?

On top of the clear anti-immigration politics displayed by the violence and deceit of the Pigs, the use of the eggs as the central conflict seems to suggest a connection to the lower-than-replacement birthrates that are plaguing White populations all across Europe.
The movie also dog-whistles a strong pro-family pro-masculine message. There are no single-moms on Bird islands, monogamy and dual parenthood is a universal standard and value in the homogenous Bird Island society. Likewise it is the Masculine energy of the Germanic Trio that rallies the Bird society to war against the Pigs. There are no major female characters, only the female anger management oddball who ends up literally shitting out egg-bombs at the Pigs during the final pitched battle.
>>
>>74974367
Finally, maybe this will inspire a slew of video-game movies.
>>
>>74974693

Once again, sarcasm takes on Poe's Law, and once again sarcasm gets rekt.
>>
File: 1430706879100.jpg (273 KB, 911x1149) Image search: [Google]
1430706879100.jpg
273 KB, 911x1149
>>74974572
>Hitler
>Racist
Racism is real, there are different races, it's not the same as racial discrimination, don't be a jew and try to change the meaning of words.
Racial discrimination =/= racism.
>>
>>74974367
>How did a movie with such bad criticism and negative user reviews #1 in the box office?

because people went to go see the movies before the reviews, faggot. Ever thought of that?
>>
It's a colorful and fun movie for kids based on a well-known IP, of course it's going to make a shitton of money.
>>
the fire rises
>>
>>74974893
Anything would be better than all this cape shit.
>>
>>74975561
What do you think is the deal with it. I feel like there is always one cape shit film showing at all times.

Are people literally still children?
>>
>>74974572
Horrible b8...
>>
>>74974367
I never pay attention to the reviewers.
>>
>>74974845
>expecting liberal biased media to give this a good review
>>
>>74974367
Because media doesnt matter, and with a 6% trust rate opinion polls its not surprising this happens.

The media just likes to echo what the dumb majority thinks, but when its off the mark the intentions and funded media outlets buying these opinions off begin to show underneath the surface.

It's in their best interests to have things like these fail. Even kids movies sending the "wrong" message.
>>
>>74974572
You're not much on independent thinking, are you?
>>
shilling with skype emojis.

thats why i saw it atleast.
>>
>>74975887
Hollywood has stagnated and is increasingly focusing on over hyped blockbusters to make its money.

I remember when the first Spiderman and Xmen film came out. I was 10. I was excited they were making them, but I didn't think it would last. Now they just keep rebooting them and adding more explosions.

As for why people like them so much, I really can't say. Perhaps people feel helpless and capeshit helps them feel better.
>>
>>74974845
>Except in the movie all religious symbolism has been removed except for…the Crescent Moon of Islam.

m8 there's a star of david right fucking there
>>
>>74976605
I haven't even watched any MCU movies except the first two Iron Man ones, lol.
>>
>>74976951
No, they changed it to an X in the movie.
>>
>>74977138
I enjoyed Iron Man 1 actually, but after that it lost its appeal.

Seriously right now the market is just saturated with so much of it, and that's just the cinematic universe. Now they're flooding TV with it too. I'm surprised people aren't sick of it yet. And they plan on doing even more.
>>
File: Alluh Ackbar trigger.jpg (165 KB, 960x957) Image search: [Google]
Alluh Ackbar trigger.jpg
165 KB, 960x957
>>74974367
People hate the truth, but love controversy.
>>
Thinking of going to see this movie before the Trump rally tonight. It wouldn't be weird, right?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.