[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stalinesque new architecture for apartment buildings in Los Angeles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 20160524_091527.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160524_091527.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
Pic related is a relatively new, Stalinesque apartment building in my area of West Los Angeles. Why are Americans being herded like sheep into ugly soulless units. What happened to architecture? Every cute craftsman home that gets torn down ends up being replaced by an ugly white stucco and glass box.
>>
>>74964301

>inhabitants
>almost exclusively niggers or mestizos

People who don't belong to the white race don't really have an understanding of architecture.

Its Persians, Whites and the Japanese who really enjoy building stuff.
>>
>>74964460
Whites invented Stalinesque architecture wtf
>>
>>74964301
Actually it's LeCorbusier architecture. Stalinesque would be with smaller windows and at least 18 storieys tall.
>>
>>74964675

>Whites

You sure it wasn't just jews trying to reduce the cost of building housing units for the goyim?

Why build many homes, 5 stories tall with red roof tiles and spacious apartments when you can mass-prefab concrete lego blocks and then build ugly X shaped "projects" as you call them in America?
>>
>>74964894

Fun fact: The newest apartment building in Vienna was constructed back in 1831, out of dried faeces and wood.
>>
>>74964675
Stalinist Architecure was beautfiul. Brutalist was shit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalinist_architecture

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalist_architecture
>>
>>74965158

>Stalinist

>cheap copy of the Brandenburger Tor
>visions of grandeur after finding Hitler's Germania plans

pls.

>>74965005

???

...lol?
>>
>>74965312

>Now you realize that the picture is the enterance to an agricultural exibition

The enterance to the agricultural exibition is more glorious than the ''monuments'' of Germany.
>>
>>74965312
Stalinist predates WWII.

It's basically neoclassical.
>>
>>74965538

Looks like garbage imo.

I prefer Hitler's style of Roman architecture, but a bit more heavy on the flat surfaces.

>>74965506

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>74965793
Hitler's is actually a blend of Egyptian and classical.
>>
>>74964301
Lol, I actually live near here. By the Palms station. Welcome to the New America comrade.
>>
>>74966326
Yes it's by pico and Bundy by the vacant strip club. And this is in West LA, supposedly the good part of town!
>>
>>74964301
Bland buildings for bland people.

Same in my country (Belgium), pretty much every new house or new block of apartments is a stale, soulless, boring, cubic, dull piece of shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 640x640
I Wish Art Deco would make a comeback already.

Why did it die out in the first place?

>mfw most buildings in LA from the 30s and 40s were built in this style
>>
>>74964834
I thought Europe had beautiful architecture and doesn't build this garbage?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.