[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do humans have the tendency to go into extremes when it comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: LCimage.jpg (434 KB, 1600x1422) Image search: [Google]
LCimage.jpg
434 KB, 1600x1422
Why do humans have the tendency to go into extremes when it comes to political views? Most liberals I meet are full on retards who eat every last bit of the liberal dogma, but then again the same goes for most conservatives I meet as well.

Why is it so hard to realize that you don't have to slurp up every last drop of any ideology's teaching? A balanced, realistic world view consists of a combination of views borrowed from both sides of the great debate. No side is completely right or completely wrong, it just so happens that conservatist views are on average more accurate.
>>
>>74946589
>Why do humans have the tendency to go into extremes when it comes to political views?
Because it is literally human psychology to have a Herd mentality. That's why we support fascism
>>
>>74946589
lack of conviction and a desperate need for acceptance/to be on the "winning team"

people chimp out over sports, and the political arena surprises you?
>>
>>74946658
Not exactly how it works, m8. Existing in a group gives rise to essentially a more unrestrained form of thinking due to an over-arching idea that in order to conform with the group, you express amplified views of what you actually believe.
>>
>>74946589
>A balanced
What are some good liberal views?
>>
>>74946589
Most people I've met are actually quite moderate desu
It's just the ones who get involved in politics fall into extremism
>>
>>74946589
> A balanced, realistic world view consists of a combination of views borrowed from both sides of the great debate

The fallacy of the middle ground.

Reality has a left wing bias.
>>
>>74947000
It is not about finding a middle ground. You can't find a middle ground between different ideologies.
Reality has also a totalitarian bias.
>>
>>74946871
Abortion, legalizing and heavily regulating drugs, the lack of the Patriot Act, anything that involves the government fucking off.
>>
>>74947208
>Abortion, legalizing and heavily regulating drugs,
degenerate
>the lack of the Patriot Act
The far right doesnt like the patriot act
>>
File: Anarcho Syndicalism.png (5 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
Anarcho Syndicalism.png
5 KB, 450x300
>>74947178

"Totalitarianism" is an exercise in eternal tail chasing. One totalitarian regime is overthrown and relpaced with another, ad nausem. History has show us this fact.

The only way to break out of the totalitarian loop is to flatten power relationships. Only the left can achieve this.
>>
>>74947312
I also forgot gay marriage (partnered with the conservative ideology of being able to choose whether or not you wed the two homos in question).
>>
>>74947406
>10 posts in
>proves op right
>>
>>74947449
>I also forgot gay marriage
Also degenerate
>>
>>74947406
There's was no single totalitarian state where this happened.
>>
>>74947581
At least it shows that some people value commitment.
>>
>>74947747
They can commit without the government issuing them a license
Marriage abortion and drugs should be left up to the states
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.