[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone asks you who the greatest president in recent (1950-present)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 16
File: 37_richard_m_nixon.jpg (236 KB, 800x452) Image search: [Google]
37_richard_m_nixon.jpg
236 KB, 800x452
Someone asks you who the greatest president in recent (1950-present)

Do you play it safe and say Kennedy or Eisenhower

Do you go full retard and say Carter or Johnson

or are you enlightened and say Nixon
>>
Nixon and give reasons why.
>>
>>74915385
The tapes
>>
>>74915303
Nixon is basically pre-trump
Trump 0.1
>>
OBAMA FOR THE WIN.
>>
>>74915303
go absolute retard and just say
Donald J Trump
>>
File: Polk.jpg (3 MB, 2079x2500) Image search: [Google]
Polk.jpg
3 MB, 2079x2500
I say Polk
>>
>>74915385
>ended the vietnam clusterfuck
>broke the china/ussr alliance
>took US off gold standard, effectively uncapping the US' ability to export inflation and draw in wealth from other countries
domestically, he wasn't as great for the US.

>>74915532
it'll be nixon > trump > the rest
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 500x446) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 500x446
the only thing Nixon did wrong was get caught
>>
File: 1432025801357.png (765 KB, 1001x1001) Image search: [Google]
1432025801357.png
765 KB, 1001x1001
>>74915644
>who is the greatest president post-1950
>says president before 1950
Good taste, though.
>>
>>74915303
Carter was medium, and was hit by bad luck. But not worth calling full retard on that.

GW Bush was a weak president controlled by Cheney.

Nixon - worse than Carter or Johnson, but Hillary seems to make him look good. I worry that Hillary if elected would be the worst ever.
>>
>>74915896
All presidents past Ike are shit
>>
File: 1401914894828.png (3 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
1401914894828.png
3 KB, 186x186
But who is the worst US president?
>>
>>74916138
Buchanan
>>
>>74916138
Bill Clinton for the brazen corruption.
>>
File: waking up was a mistake.png (226 KB, 468x345) Image search: [Google]
waking up was a mistake.png
226 KB, 468x345
>>74916138
Johnson
>>
>>74916138
Lincoln of course.
>>
File: James_Buchanan.jpg (196 KB, 627x682) Image search: [Google]
James_Buchanan.jpg
196 KB, 627x682
>>74916138
James "fag-master" Buchanan
>>
>>74916138
obama
>>
>>74915303
He exported all of our jobs to the chinese, he was a neocon
>>
Nixon was the "least shill" of them all
>>
Reagan
>>
>>74915303
>not immediately picking Jackson, author of the trail of tears, abuser of whites, and duel master
>ishygddt
>>
>>74916699
Whores* fucking auto correct
>>
>>74915934
>Swede liking Carter and shitting on Nixon
Go fix your own country before you try talking down to the only super power, sven
>>
>>74915303

Nixon was alright on certain things (The power of the Israel lobby, etc.); however, let's be honest, taking the U.S. off the gold standard was a mistake.

Notice how we started courting Saudi Arabia and saw the rise of the petrodollar at that point.
>>
> He Was a Crook
> Hunter S. Thompson
> June 16 1994
>
> Richard Nixon is gone now, and I am poorer for it. He was the real thing -- a political monster straight out of Grendel and a very dangerous enemy. He could shake your hand and stab you in the back at the same time. He lied to his friends and betrayed the trust of his family. Not even Gerald Ford, the unhappy ex-president who pardoned Nixon and kept him out of prison, was immune to the evil fallout. Ford, who believes strongly in Heaven and Hell, has told more than one of his celebrity golf partners that "I know I will go to hell, because I pardoned Richard Nixon."
> I have had my own bloody relationship with Nixon for many years, but I am not worried about it landing me in hell with him. I have already been there with that bastard, and I am a better person for it. Nixon had the unique ability to make his enemies seem honorable, and we developed a keen sense of fraternity. Some of my best friends have hated Nixon all their lives. My mother hates Nixon, my son hates Nixon, I hate Nixon, and this hatred has brought us together.
> Nixon laughed when I told him this. "Don't worry," he said, "I, too, am a family man, and we feel the same way about you."
>>
All memes aside, its definitely Reagan
>>
who was that cunt who died like 20 days into his term? i think he might be my favourite.
>>
>>74916903
> It was Richard Nixon who got me into politics, and now that he's gone, I feel lonely. He was a giant in his way. As long as Nixon was politically alive -- and he was, all the way to the end -- we could always be sure of finding the enemy on the Low Road. There was no need to look anywhere else for the evil bastard. He had the fighting instincts of a badger trapped by hounds. The badger will roll over on its back and emit a smell of death, which confuses the dogs and lures them in for the traditional ripping and tearing action. But it is usually the badger who does the ripping and tearing. It is a beast that fights best on its back: rolling under the throat of the enemy and seizing it by the head with all four claws.
> That was Nixon's style -- and if you forgot, he would kill you as a lesson to the others. Badgers don't fight fair, bubba. That's why God made dachshunds.
>>
>>74915303
>Do you play it safe and say Kennedy

Fuck he was overated. Had he not left his brains in Dallas, he would have taken the burden for America in Vietnam. Instead Johnson ended up as a fall gui. It ate him up. He might have been a brute but he had a conscience and he hated knowing that American boys were dyeing due to the situation he was in.

Johnson was the best due to his domestic issues (inb4 race baiting). Take a look at most of the public college campuses and still many of the primary and secondary schools. The majority of the buildings are probably the result of his education initiatives and the Great Society.

In short, no president since has really given that much of a shit about the common American (except maybe Carter and he doesn't qualify as the greatest president in recent years for many reasons) - certainly not Nixon, definitely not Reagan or Clinton.

>>74916200
dis nigga is educated and right but the rest of you will prolly ignore this.
>>
>>74916944
William Henry Harrison

Didn't wear a coat on a cold rainy day at his inauguration and died
>>
>>74916138
James "Not my problem, here ya go Lincoln" Buchanan.
>>
>>74916976
> Nixon was a navy man, and he should have been buried at sea. Many of his friends were seagoing people: Bebe Rebozo, Robert Vesco, William F. Buckley Jr., and some of them wanted a full naval burial.
> These come in at least two styles, however, and Nixon's immediate family strongly opposed both of them. In the traditionalist style, the dead president's body would be wrapped and sewn loosely in canvas sailcloth and dumped off the stern of a frigate at least 100 miles off the coast and at least 1,000 miles south of San Diego, so the corpse could never wash up on American soil in any recognizable form.
> The family opted for cremation until they were advised of the potentially onerous implications of a strictly private, unwitnessed burning of the body of the man who was, after all, the President of the United States. Awkward questions might be raised, dark allusions to Hitler and Rasputin. People would be filing lawsuits to get their hands on the dental charts. Long court battles would be inevitable -- some with liberal cranks bitching about corpus delicti and habeas corpus and others with giant insurance companies trying not to pay off on his death benefits. Either way, an orgy of greed and duplicity was sure to follow any public hint that Nixon might have somehow faked his own death or been cryogenically transferred to fascist Chinese interests on the Central Asian Mainland.
> It would also play into the hands of those millions of self-stigmatized patriots like me who believe these things already.
> If the right people had been in charge of Nixon's funeral, his casket would have been launched into one of those open-sewage canals that empty into the ocean just south of Los Angeles. He was a swine of a man and a jabbering dupe of a president. Nixon was so crooked that he needed servants to help him screw his pants on every morning. Even his funeral was illegal. He was queer in the deepest way. His body should have been burned in a trash bin.
>>
File: 0.jpg (113 KB, 664x950) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
113 KB, 664x950
>>74916200
>>74916466
>>74917246
So was he gay or just extremely flayboyant?
>>
>>74916138
Buchanan
>>
>>74915303
What was so bad about Carter?
>>
>>74917339
He was completely indifferent to the obvious signs a civil war was coming

As in, completely indifferent
>>
>>74917417
Stagflation
>>
>>74916396
Obviously that is wrong
>>
>>74917301
> These are harsh words for a man only recently canonized by President Clinton and my old friend George McGovern -- but I have written worse things about Nixon, many times, and the record will show that I kicked him repeatedly long before he went down. I beat him like a mad dog with mange every time I got a chance, and I am proud of it. He was scum.
> Let there be no mistake in the history books about that. Richard Nixon was an evil man -- evil in a way that only those who believe in the physical reality of the Devil can understand it. He was utterly without ethics or morals or any bedrock sense of decency. Nobody trusted him -- except maybe the Stalinist Chinese, and honest historians will remember him mainly as a rat who kept scrambling to get back on the ship.
>>
>>74917465
For example:
>believed the South’s secession wasn’t legal, but the federal government didn’t have the power to stop it.
>his inaction literally allowed the confederacy to be able to rival the US
>led the US into a recession pre-civil war
>>
>>74915303
>>74915385
>>74915470
>>74917487
>>74917465
>>74917417
>>74917341
>>74917339
>>74917301
>>74917246
Anyone who doesnt say FDR is a either a right winger blind by partisnan or a moron
>>
File: jONES sAIUAN.gif (3 MB, 480x350) Image search: [Google]
jONES sAIUAN.gif
3 MB, 480x350
>>74916138
Anyone who doesn't say Lincoln or Wilson is objectively wrong.
>>
>>74917246
Sure
>>
File: 1463786774133.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463786774133.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>74916138
Obongo. He somehow still surprises me with his sheer ineptitude.
>>
>>74917796
They are objectivily the best
>>
>>74917555
> It is fitting that Richard Nixon's final gesture to the American people was a clearly illegal series of 21 105-mm howitzer blasts that shattered the peace of a residential neighborhood and permanently disturbed many children. Neighbors also complained about another unsanctioned burial in the yard at the old Nixon place, which was brazenly illegal. "It makes the whole neighborhood like a graveyard," said one. "And it fucks up my children's sense of values."
> Many were incensed about the howitzers -- but they knew there was nothing they could do about it -- not with the current president sitting about 50 yards away and laughing at the roar of the cannons. It was Nixon's last war, and he won.
> The funeral was a dreary affair, finely staged for TV and shrewdly dominated by ambitious politicians and revisionist historians. The Rev. Billy Graham, still agile and eloquent at the age of 136, was billed as the main speaker, but he was quickly upstaged by two 1996 GOP presidential candidates: Sen. Bob Dole of Kansas and Gov. Pete Wilson of California, who formally hosted the event and saw his poll numbers crippled when he got blown off the stage by Dole, who somehow seized the No. 3 slot on the roster and uttered such a shameless, self-serving eulogy that even he burst into tears at the end of it.
>>
>>74917487
Stagflation happened during Nixon's presidency then into Ford's. Carter was blamed for the gas shortage/high gas prices. However, the economic conditions that happen during a president's term very very rarely are actually caused by the president. For instance, Bush isn't responsible for the 2007-2009 crisis but it's often said to be his fault.
>>
I want to say Kennedy just because muh assassination. He seemed like a good man.
>>
>>74917626
Even if FDR wasn't a meme...

>Franklin Delano Roosevelt, commonly known as FDR, was an American statesman and political leader who served as the President of the United States from 1933 to 1945
>>
Benjamin Franklin, invented electricity and is a dead president on money
>>
>>74915303
Best Presidents in the past 30 years: Clinton and Reagan

Prior to that, Kennedy.
>>
>>74917941
Whats so bad about that? Shows he was popular. And talk about memes cough cough trump
>>
>>74917796

>Wilson
>Federal Reserve

>Lincoln
>Isn't it obvious?

Kill yourself.
>>
>>74918092
Reagan started the amnesty slope that made sure a conservative victory like his would never happen again.
>>
Over the last 50? Well, Eisenhower wasn't in the last 50 so I'd say Nixon
>>
>>74918138
You obviously deserve cancer those were the best Presidents without Lincoln we wouldn't have ended racism and without Wilson we wouldn't have the Fed
>>
>>74917865
> Dole's stock went up like a rocket and cast him as the early GOP front-runner for '96. Wilson, speaking next, sounded like an Engelbert Humperdinck impersonator and probably won't even be re-elected as governor of California in November.
> The historians were strongly represented by the No. 2 speaker, Henry Kissinger, Nixon's secretary of state and himself a zealous revisionist with many axes to grind. He set the tone for the day with a maudlin and spectacularly self-serving portrait of Nixon as even more saintly than his mother and as a president of many godlike accomplishments -- most of them put together in secret by Kissinger, who came to California as part of a huge publicity tour for his new book on diplomacy, genius, Stalin, H. P. Lovecraft and other great minds of our time, including himself and Richard Nixon.
> Kissinger was only one of the many historians who suddenly came to see Nixon as more than the sum of his many squalid parts. He seemed to be saying that History will not have to absolve Nixon, because he has already done it himself in a massive act of will and crazed arrogance that already ranks him supreme, along with other Nietzschean supermen like Hitler, Jesus, Bismarck and the Emperor Hirohito. These revisionists have catapulted Nixon to the status of an American Caesar, claiming that when the definitive history of the 20th century is written, no other president will come close to Nixon in stature. "He will dwarf FDR and Truman," according to one scholar from Duke University.
>>
File: 1462919297499.png (453 KB, 763x1065) Image search: [Google]
1462919297499.png
453 KB, 763x1065
>>74918130
We're talking post 1950, leafposter

>>74918138
pic related. Lincoln established that the US can restrict their citizen's natural rights at its leisure. He was a tyrant.
>>
>>74918315
What do you mean? FDR was way older than 50
>>
>>74918092

Reagan was fucking awful, and is responsible for the horrendous state of the GOP today.

He tried to compromise on illegal immigration. Any compromise on something that threatens to fundamentally alter the face of America is a huge betrayal of the American people. Unsurprisingly, amnesty happened, border security didn't.

He also, while Governor of California, helped to popularize "no-fault divorce," which has been disastrous, caused divorce rates to spike highly, and contributed to a very large number of single mother households (Which translates to more votes for the left, more crime/property violence, etc.)

Reagan is a shit.
>>
>>74915303
Donald Trump.
>>
>>74917626
>>74917796
>>74917837
Its obviously TR prior to 1950. After that its Ike or Nixon
>>
>>74915385

Nixon was /pol/: the president

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTPyE6f7GnQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBmFnIruDig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD593z4kzXU
>>
>>74918511
I'll add Truman as well
>>
>>74916138
Probably James Buchanan (set the stage for the civil war). It could also be Andrew Johnson (fucked reconstruction all to hell), Herbert Hoover (not in my opinion, though he's blamed for the great depression, even though the president has virtually nothing to do with the economy), Ulysses S. Grant or Calvin Coolidge (both were straight up absentee presidents, like W's second term, but worse), or Franklin Pierce (for also helping set the stage for Jame Buchanan to fuck everything up and lead to the south seceding).
>>
>>74918511
What about Clinton? He actually lowered the debt. Nixon and Dwight made the debt go up.
>>
Nixon, the last great liberal new deal president. Proposed a basic income to guarantee food and housing to all American citizens, and cared for the environment. Funny how modern day right wing morons look up to him as a god and liberal faggots think he was satan incarnate
>>
>>74918273
>>74918532
It was all gibberish, of course. Nixon was no more a Saint than he was a Great President. He was more like Sammy Glick than Winston Churchill. He was a cheap crook and a merciless war criminal who bombed more people to death in Laos and Cambodia than the U.S. Army lost in all of World War II, and he denied it to the day of his death. When students at Kent State University, in Ohio, protested the bombing, he connived to have them attacked and slain by troops from the National Guard.
> Some people will say that words like scum and rotten are wrong for Objective Journalism -- which is true, but they miss the point. It was the built-in blind spots of the Objective rules and dogma that allowed Nixon to slither into the White House in the first place. He looked so good on paper that you could almost vote for him sight unseen. He seemed so all-American, so much like Horatio Alger, that he was able to slip through the cracks of Objective Journalism. You had to get Subjective to see Nixon clearly, and the shock of recognition was often painful.
> Nixon's meteoric rise from the unemployment line to the vice presidency in six quick years would never have happened if TV had come along 10 years earlier. He got away with his sleazy "my dog Checkers" speech in 1952 because most voters heard it on the radio or read about it in the headlines of their local, Republican newspapers. When Nixon finally had to face the TV cameras for real in the 1960 presidential campaign debates, he got whipped like a red-headed mule. Even die-hard Republican voters were shocked by his cruel and incompetent persona. Interestingly, most people who heard those debates on the radio thought Nixon had won. But the mushrooming TV audience saw him as a truthless used-car salesman, and they voted accordingly. It was the first time in 14 years that Nixon lost an election.
>>
File: Anon gets tricked tw(...).jpg (1 KB, 16x125) Image search: [Google]
Anon gets tricked tw(...).jpg
1 KB, 16x125
>>74918370
Well I mean if we're all just shitposting here
>>
>>74918697
I cant see it
>>
>>74918580
no he didnt. tards who dont know anything about the U.S national debt need to shut up

no president EVER has lowered national debt. there was a budget surplus that was achieved through cutting welfare payouts. millions on it couldnt get it and that was thanks to the republicans but clinton agreed to it and didnt veto
>>
>>74918696
>>74918696
Interesting read, but You'd have to have a couple feet of Jewish dick inside you to honestly believe he wasn't a great president, no matter how nasty he may or may not have been.
>>
File: Cuckservatives on a plane.jpg (86 KB, 999x656) Image search: [Google]
Cuckservatives on a plane.jpg
86 KB, 999x656
>>74915303
George W. Bush because he kept us safe.
>>
>>74919000
A budget surplus lowers the debt idiot you dont know shit
>>
>>74918696
>>74919063
It's just an awesome read.

Nixon is credited with winning (before his impeachment) the war in Vietnam, which the democrats are said to have completely abandoned afterwards.

He's also said to have started the process of opening China to the world, which I guess is a good thing.

These are some pretty great achievements, but at the same time he was the only president to be impeached for paying goons to break into and bug his political opponents' offices. Kind of a paranoid/dirty move if you ask me.

Here's the link to the whole obituary if you're interested. I'm tired of copying this shit over.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1994/07/he-was-a-crook/308699/
>>
>>74918265
A Fucking Leaf
>>
I've always been a fan of Nixon's.

Maybe it's the fact that he's the first president I remember.

Maybe it's a respect for a man who despite be such a introvert and loner forced himself by sheer will to the top of the pyramid in a business that requires you to be an extrovert.

Or maybe it's that I feel bad that a person who could rise so high could fuck it all up for himself.

Or Maybe it's because he was so red pilled and knew how to play the russians against the chinese, the left against the right, his staff against each other; and judged himself by results instead of how hard he tried.

But Nixon.
>>
Does Truman count?
>>
>>74919831
Nixon purposefully prolonged the Vietnam War for years in order to win election.

Fuck Nixon.
>>
File: bernie laughing.png (1 MB, 1624x1377) Image search: [Google]
bernie laughing.png
1 MB, 1624x1377
it's FDR you fucking autists. He saved the world from turning into mad max and killed the nazis while still being in a wheel chair.

after that probably sanders if he gets universal healthcare and neetbux passed.
>>
>>74917865

I was always amazed at the left's obsession over Nixon.

Starting when he proved that media-darling-leftist hiss was a spy, the left decided to "get Nixon" and never stopped until he was dead.

In fact, as your quote shows, they didn't even stop then.

It takes a certain type of manlet to keep hitting a dead man, but I expect nothing more from the hippie generation.
>>
>>74916985
>Calls Kennedy overrated
>praises the guy who only got reelected to further Kennedy's policies

also
>Great society
>successful
>not the real reason why black people are so poor today

People who unironically like LBJ have brain problems
>>
>>74919990

Not exactly true. he tried to cut a deal with the president of SV prior to the 68 election in order to get an advantage over the dems.

Johnson knew about it because he was bugging everyone (irony, oh where is thy sting).

Once he was in office, he wanted to get the hell out as soon as he could; but there was the prestige of the nation to worry about.
>>
>>74918577
>Coolidge
>Not Harding

Its like youre trying to make me angry
>>
what about Andrew "sever a kike in half" Jackson
>>
>>749200098

Speaking of autistic, what part of "1950-present" didn't you understand?
>>
>>74920098
Autist
>>
Johnson was a fucking badass politician, Vietnam or no. Read his biography
>>
>>74920098
FDR was a commie and owned by kike bankers. He was essentially the soviet "popular front" in America. He betrayed our country by leading us into a war we did not need or want. The true American patriots of his era were Charles Lindbergh, Henry Ford, and the America First movement.

Bernie lost to Hillary Clinton, don't make me laugh
>>
>>74919306
Bill didn't use the surplus to pay off the debt
>>
>>74915303

yeah but Nixon allowed himself to be suckered into removing himself from office, what a cuck
>>
>>74918532
>Nixon was /pol/: the president

if Nixon was /pol the president he would have shot J Edgar Hoover and his boyfriend dead the second he laid eyes on them
>>
>>74920098
>He saved the world from turning into mad max

we should all hate him extra for this

living Road Warrior in real life is all of our dream
>>
>>74915303
Best Presidents since 1950?

1. Eisenhower
2. Bill Clinton
3. George H.W. Bush
4. Ronald Reagan
5. Lyndon B. Johnson
6. JFK
7. Obama
8. Nixon
9. Jimmy Carter
10. Gerald Ford
11. George W. Bush
>>
>>74920259
>keep hitting a dead man

it was the British behind attacking him
>>
Reagan.. Nixon had Kissinger who ruined the Us standing in the World
>>
The greatest was Trump, and I came back from the future to testify, that wall is HUGE and Mexico paid for it.
>>
>>74919000

Not true actually. Andrew Jackson PAID OFF the national debt.

You remember him. He's the guy they want to take off the $20 because he was mean to the indians.
>>
>>74920098
> implying Sanders will ever be president
> implying that even if he was able to be president, he wouldn't be just as shitty and corrupt as every other president who promised change and a transparent administration

Ok, whatever works for you. Sanders is just like the other politicians, where he uses the rich as the epitome of all evil in the US, and tells his followers to hate them. Trump does the same thing with mexicans. It's the same shit, just packaged differently, because there is really only one way to win the presidential election (yet Sanders still isn't able to do it because people see through his bullshit).
>>
>>74920435
Harding is up there too, but so are Taylor, Fillmore, Tyler, Hayes, and Van Burren, but I didn't think they really merited mentioning. One of the good things about Harding was that he was only president for 2-2.5 years as he was (most likely) poisoned by his wife because of his constant infidelity (I think she fed him something he was allergic to). Coolidge took over then did another term.
>>
>>74918389
Sadly this.
He was a great leader in his time, and he did everything that a leader should have done. He united the right and he reached across the aisle.

Unfortunately, in the long term, the rightwingers that he brought into the party were a very destructive influence (the hardcore religious right and the RINO neocons). By reaching across the aisle, he allowed the left to frame the discussions so that now, even the moderate right is considered "far right" while literal communists are considered "centre left".

Reagan was a great leader, but he was definitely naive about politics.
>>
>>74920835
It was a smart move. Legally, if he had actually been impeached and removed from office (which almost certainly would have happened), Ford wouldn't have been able to pardon him (that is the only exception to the powers of the president to pardon people convicted of federal crimes). This way he was at least able to remain a free man. That said, Watergate was largely a non-issue, but all the shit Nixon did in covering it up was a huge fucking deal.

>>74920988
Drop George H. W. Bush a couple levels.
>>
>>74918389

Spoken by someone obviously too young to remember the carter years
>>
>>74921117
George Washington, (Thomas Jefferson), Abraham Lincoln, Alexander Hamilton, Andrew Jackson, Ulysses S. Grant, Benjamin Franklin: one of these things is not like the others (Jefferson is on the $2 bill, so I hesitate to include him). Jackson just isn't on that same level as the others. Grant as a president definitely wasn't, but as the chief general of the Union Army, he was almost as influential as Lincoln in ending the Civil War. Hamilton was instrumental in setting up the Department of the Treasury, so it makes sense that he would be on money. Jackson just wasn't super influential. He had a major win at the Battle of New Orleans in 1813 (War of 1812), however, the war had already ended at that point. As a president, he was average. He's just not the same level of importance as everyone else on money.

That said, adding Harriot Tubman to the $20 is also stupid because she also isn't at that level of importance. My picks would be Martin Luther King Junior (very important, plus would partially shut the left up), Henry Clay (never president, but super important as a politician from something like 1810 to the early 1850s, he was responsible for a number of political compromises that prevented Civil Wars at several points prior to the end of his career and many posit that had he been in the Senate in 1860, the Civil War wouldn't have happened), Eisenhower or Patton (both very influential generals in WWII, the former also being one of the best presidents in the past 100 years).
>>
>>74920098
FDR was literally the beginning of the progressive NWO movement. He and Woodrow Wilson were the progenitors.
>>
>>74922626
Jackson was only put on the dollar for irony's sake I would imagine. Why else would kikes put someone who hated their fucking guts on a note?
>>
Nixon created the Department of Energy
Was likely connected to the cabal that got rid of Kennedy.
He didn't end the Vietman war, he extended it.
He hitched himself to Henry Kissinger and got Jewed in the end despite not liking them.

Nixon was a shit.
>>
>>74916138
W I L S O N
I
L
S
O
N
>>
File: 1463159364504.jpg (24 KB, 245x187) Image search: [Google]
1463159364504.jpg
24 KB, 245x187
>>74918265
>racism
>ended
>>
>>74917626
>fought against hitler
Kill yourself Trudeau.
>>
>>74915303

Reagan is objectively the best modern president America has ever had.

He wasn't a perfect president. But he was the best.
>>
File: nixon.jpg (121 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
nixon.jpg
121 KB, 768x432
>>74915385
He called out the Jew
>>
>>74922894
His being against a national bank makes it super amusing, honestly.

>>74923156
Wilson was about average, honestly. He was an idealist who's ideas often didn't translate well to policy (League of Nations anyone?). He did have some successes, though. The 17th Amendment (direct election of Senators, instead of the local Representatives selecting them), the Federal Reserve (I know that lizard people and jewish shapeshifters being involved with the Fed is a meme on /pol/, but the Fed has helped reign in inflation and repair recessions in a quicker manner and had a undeniably positive impact on the US), and tried to veto the Volstead Act (based on the 18th Amendment, it was the actual act that outlawed alcohol).

>>74923463
No he isn't. Many of the things his administration did are responsible for destabilizing large regions of the world (Iran being taken over by islamic extremists for instance due in part to Iran-Contra), he was basically the cause of what is today the prison-industrial complex by supporting and signing things like the Sentencing Reform Act, the Anti Drug Abuse Act, and other measures that made drug use more dangerous and made regular people into criminals then into prisoners, and many other things. On top of all this, Reagan was suffering from Dementia and was honestly just a puppet during his second term. Finally, Reagan (the actual president) would look like a liberal compared to how today's Republicans want to remember him. He had some good things, but he had also had some severe problems, I couldn't consider him the best in modern history. I we count 1952-1960, I would say Eisenhower is the best, if not, I would say Clinton.
>>
>>74917626
>FDR was right wing
kek
>>
>>74915303
Reagan because he was able to unite America in a way that made people talk about America with the same wistfulness as they did during the Greatest Generation.
Trump is doing the same.
>>
>>74925102
>Druggies
>Regular people
And no while we fucked the middle east up a bit during Reagans campaign it was mainly due to Russia already trying to occupy it and us reciprocating.
>>
>>74925476
They are. Homeless drug addicts make up an incredibly small portion of the drug using population, but you wouldn't know it because of how they are portrayed in the media. Most drug users (even of heroin or crack) are middle class and often work white collar jobs (called functioning addicts). Because they would be fucked if people found out they used, they hide it, hence many people seem to think they don't exist. That said, the war on drugs has been an objective failure. It rerouted money from drug consumers (that will never go away no matter what) to organized crime syndicates, increased the prison population by a few hundred percent (therefore wasting even more money to keep them imprisoned for nothing other than basic drug possession), and wastes millions upon millions of dollars yearly on policies that do absolutely nothing to reduce drug use (but actually just make drug use more dangerous and damaging).

> it was mainly due to Russia already trying to occupy it and us reciprocating.

No, we could have not been involved. Instead we funded and armed islamic extremists (like the Taliban and Osama Bin Laden), which led to many middle eastern countries who were largely secular (looked like free countries) turning into the muslim hellholes they are today.
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.