[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I can be v& in my country for typing half a dozen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12
>mfw I can be v& in my country for typing half a dozen words
How can they call it free speech?
>>
If I go to jail for what I say or what I write, then I was destined for jail.

I don't try to avoid the cops. I just know that the way I go through life is the way I want to go through life, and if I get booked for it, then the world is too fucked for me to want a part of it.

That's how I rationalize it.
>>
There are many things internet users are prohibited from doing. For example, The Tonal Diares, P.T.5 Island, and many urls are off strictly forbidden. Try to spread the word about some of those things and you're as good as dead.
>>
File: 156156156.jpg (51 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
156156156.jpg
51 KB, 499x499
>being arrested for 4chan
>>
>>74912871
If you want freedom you have to be willing to fight for it.
>>
>>74913007
>If I go to jail for what I say or what I write, then I was destined for jail.
>I just know that the way I go through life is the way I want to go through life, and if I get booked for it, then the world is too fucked for me to want a part of it.

Don't those notions contradict or am I just interpreting that wrong?
>>
>>74912871

What words ?
>>
File: 1463947478344.png (666 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1463947478344.png
666 KB, 720x540
>>
>>74913149
[/spoiler]If you want freedom you have to have a good backing and plans[spoiler]
This is "satire."
>>
>>74913217
Almost any incitement to violence or terrorism.
Like, announcing your future attempt at a new highscore.
>>
>>74913445
Are you fucking mental?
>>
>>74913517
wut?
>>
>>74913711
You don't have to post that on 4chan to get arrested you turbotism.
>>
>>74913768
I know.....
What is your point though?
>>
>>74913445
Are you trying to say that incitement to violence or terrorism should have no legal repercussions?
>>
I've actually come to the point where I'm very cautious about what I post. It all goes into a database too, eventually it will probably be used to bar people like us from employment.

We don't have freedom of speech anymore. It's freedom of speech with a wink and a nod.
>>
"Some of you guys are alright, don't go to X tomorrow"

Is a lot more than 6 words, OP.
>>
>>74913878
No, I'm saying they should get you put under supervision, not detained or arrested.
Less use of active force, more passive.
>>
>>74913212
You're interpreting it wrong. I was born on this world and I will go through it the way I think is right. If jail is where I end up, then that's where I was always meant to go by virtue of the fact that I consider all of my choices "right".

Of course, I'm not excusing criminality in society. I'm still an upstanding citizen and I respect all those around me.

But in the end I also uphold freedom of speech and thought. If the world I live in suddenly no longer upholds these things, my choices were always destined to lead me to jail. I refuse to compromise my morals for a corrupt world.
>>
>>74913117

What are those things you mention?
>>
>>74913117
Nothing shows up when googling those, what the hell are you talking about anon?
>>
>>74914020
"I'm gonna shoot up _____"
"i'm going to kill ____
Not really
Also this is for example.
>>
>>74914108
precisely
>>
>>74914020
'Some of you guys are alright' is exactly 6 though
>>
>>74914108
>Nothing shows up when googling those
you're dead as a doornail, m8
>>
>>74914155
So then what are they fagget
>>
>>74913117
Don't even start me on the Grifter bro.
>>
>>74914037
A statement like >>74914020 causes actual damages in lost revenue for businesses/ costs of hiring extra security, even if the threat is never realized.
It's absolutely reasonable to detain and arrest people for making incitements to violence and terrorism.
>>
>>74913445
That is a threat, much like if you said in public place "I have a gun and I'm going to kill you all"
America DOES have freedom of speech unlike Finland where you can get sanctions for "hate speech"
>>
File: 1463842010918.jpg (14 KB, 552x539) Image search: [Google]
1463842010918.jpg
14 KB, 552x539
Whats going on in here?
>>
File: image.png (173 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
image.png
173 KB, 500x650
>>74913117
Well fuck, now I'm intrigued. What are those forbidden things of which you speak?
>>
>>74914426

Should I bring up how freedom fo speech is nonexistent in France ?
>>
>>74914344
but it also causes damages to the government for the cost of detaining the person, plus the fact that it can distract law enforcement from REAL crimes happening
>>
>>74914426

We probably also have hate speech, we just don't know it yet. It's sitting in a database somewhere waiting to be used against us.
>>
>>74914552
You don't. I actually had to check it out because your universities constantly talk about it, but no America does not have concept of hate speech at least in same level as Europe. And you better keep it that way.
>>
>>74914518
The point of detaining/ arresting people is to discourage those behaviors, not to reduce damages. Otherwise, there would be no point in arresting people for any crime.
Obstructing other people business is a real crime.
>>
File: slide_8.jpg (61 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
slide_8.jpg
61 KB, 960x720
Basically, it's like this
>>
File: slide3.jpg (39 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
slide3.jpg
39 KB, 728x546
>>
>>74914660
Dont know about your country or your source on the US not having hate speech laws but there are deffinetly laws against hate speech here. Whether written or not you wont get away with talking shit about minorities for long here.
>>
>>74915170
>words can cause physical harm
wut
>>
>>74915170

>free speech
>physical harm

Wew.
>>
File: slide12.jpg (101 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
slide12.jpg
101 KB, 728x546
>>
>>74915170
>free-speech
>limits
>>
>>74915354
>>74915355
Pretty sure it's similar as this but not as strict, as in this case it's any kind of hatred, but in America it's incitement to violence.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incitement_to_ethnic_or_racial_hatred
>>
>>74915170
K, that's one. Here's a more complete list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions

False Advertising for example, will get you in trouble. Saying you're a doctor and committing fraud are not protected. All reasonable and any society would view the restrictions as protection from assholes, not something that curtails their "rights".
>>
What the minimum amount of words needed to get you imprisoned?

I can't do it in less than 4 in English, but it's not my mother language:
>I'm gonna kill [name of POTUS]
>was the holocaust real? (in Europe)
>>
>>74915170
>Words of Power are real. I really am a wizard
>>
>>74915354
fictional story of how they can

>be 5 years old
>idiot
>go to movies alone because mommy is drunk again
>decide to see shriek, famous meme movie
>go into lord of the rings instead
>crowded shithole
>opening day
>sit on a strangers lap to see movie
>see fire on screen
>yell "FIRE!!!!"
>everyone runs out
>2 people trampled to death.
>police take me to meme jail
>they found the Pepe in my pocket
>also something about yelling fire
>beaten for lying by police
>beaten for lying by my mom
>beaten for causing death by Pepe
>I'm sorry Pepe.
>>
>>74915721

In France, saying " I'd vote for the FN " or saying anything positive about this party can get you in trouble.
>>
>>74915721
You can use the imperative form like so:
"Kill Obama"
bye, everyone.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>74915170
>free speech
>limits
>>
>>74914078
He's probably functionally illiterate or something. The first thing he meant to say was the turner diaries and its not illegal or banned online. Not sure about the 2nd thing
>>
>Cops should ignore people who say they're going to blow up buildings because detaining them could slow down their day
Are you fucking kidding me?

Yeah free speech is extremely important, but if Mohammad here says on Facebook that he intends to detonate fucking pipe bombs at school, he should probably be stopped.
>>
>>74914660

You can kind of sense that "hate speech" is a big no-no here. I know Obama did some hate speech laws back in 2008-2009 but I don't know if they've been challenged yet.

Basically it works like this - the government can't really prosecute you for it but every other single entity in existence can expel or punish you in some way. So it's essentially the same thing.

But as this anon said >>74915328 brown people are so sensitive and demanding that it's only a matter of time
>>
>>74916323
Was a response to
>>74913445
>>
File: sand chimp.jpg (61 KB, 369x530) Image search: [Google]
sand chimp.jpg
61 KB, 369x530
>>74915966
Should americans vote for trump

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/vote-for-trump

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/trump-were-in-your-heart

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/good-goy

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/lets-make-america-great-again

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/emperor-trump

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/vote-for-trump
>>
>be hungarian
>ask the readers of a major online news site whether the government is terrorist
>not arrested
>erect a styrofoam statue of the PM in public, knock it down and kick its head around
>not arrested
>deny the holocaust on Facebook
>not arrested
>chat with the mailman about why muslims, gypsies and faggots should be exterminated
>not arrested

Boy, it sure is horrible living in this oppressive authoritarian dictatorship! If only we could have as many freedoms as people in the west!
>>
>>74912871
>I can be v& in my country for seeing a picture
How can they call it free?
>>
File: candidates_2016.jpg (99 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
candidates_2016.jpg
99 KB, 700x700
>>74916538
>I know Obama did some hate speech laws

Jesus Christ, my fellow American. Obama is the head of the executive department, he enforces laws. Congress makes laws. The Judicial branch decides if they are legit. Obama did not make any laws, at best he could veto a bill.

Talk shit anywhere else but this is the politics board, you dumb dumb.
>>
>>74913007
>Destined

Opinions discarded
>>
>>74916802
>9gag
>>
>>74913217
He said "half a dozen", so I'm guessing:

GAS THE KIKES
RACE WAR NOW!

Good luck, I'm behind 7 layers of satire so the feds can't touch me.
>>
>>74917029
you and I both know it did not originate from 9gag but someone posted it there where it was roached with their logo and someone posted it here, and I save it and reposted because I'm a lazy faggot with a small picture collection. I'm sure why that is relevant, we're discussing the limitations of free speech not copyright.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.