[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me why Obama is in Vietnam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_20160523-160154.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160523-160154.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
Can someone tell me why Obama is in Vietnam?
>>
To improve relations with a strategic partner?
Its not rocket science
>>
>>74892377
Because the US is trying to encircle China with allies to prevent it from having total hegemony in east and southeast Asia.
>>
>>74892377
his duties and responsibilities are pretty relaxed right now considering he's getting out soon.

it's not as if the POTUS ever makes any real decisions anyway.

this is his farewell tour. he's shaking hands, taking photos, waving for the camera. he wants to walk out of office and be known for his prowess in foreign relations or something.
>>
Vietnam is like your natural ally of the region.
They and South Korea are the two countries who loves Murrica the most, they are your little brother countries.

In north Korea's case, you could even be the abusive older brother and tell them to cut off their penis' foreskin(and you did), and 95% of their males will do as you ask.
It's that extreme.
>>
>In north Korea's case
I meant South.
>>
China has been making moves to expand territory and influence for a while (just recently just look at the South China Sea). This is the US' effort to control their expansion. They think by strengthening alliances in asia, they can control the sleeping giant
>>
>>74892377
So you can have cotton shirts
>>
File: CeGj2ugWEAAecbJ.jpg (64 KB, 800x420) Image search: [Google]
CeGj2ugWEAAecbJ.jpg
64 KB, 800x420
>>74892700

Yeah, Cuba plays a vital role in that strategy!
>>
File: 1461604936782.jpg (28 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1461604936782.jpg
28 KB, 460x276
He just removed the arms embargo we had on them for the last 50 years. There is an obvious pattern of normalizing relations with cold-war era communist enemies in his final year.

Keep in mind TPP will MASSIVELY benefit Vietnam. Surely he's there to do business, but idk the specifics.
>>
File: guns outlawed.jpg (87 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
guns outlawed.jpg
87 KB, 640x720
>>74892377
To sell them guns that he doesn't want us having.
>http://archive.is/rmvVJ
>>
>>74892377
So he can title himself "Vietnam veteran"
>>
So why did we even invade Vietnam?
>>
To apologise
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.