[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hiroshima: US President Obama Says He Will Not Apologize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 290x174
>Hiroshima: US President Obama Says He Will Not Apologize for Atomic Bomb During Visit to City
Well at least he did this right.
>>
Oh, is appeasing foreigners out of fashion these days?
>>
If the opposite were true...wouldn't we kind of hold a grudge over time? I mean, 20 or so Saudis took out the WTC and we still want to put a boot in the ass of the entire middle east. Imagine another country dropping two highly devastating bombs on NYC and Cali...and then decades later "lol u still mad, bro?" It's kind of fucked up not to be sorry for that, is all I'm saying.

AAAND perspective--yes I know the Japanese figuratively and literally raped Nanking/China. But that's not an excuse for our actions. At the deepest point, we developed a weapon of mass destruction first, and wanted to see what it could do, and did it. And also wanted to show others not to fuck with the big dogs, I get it. But at least process that it was a pretty fucked up point in human history. I also know that the Japanese suppress their takedown of China from that time, so I'm not taking sides...I'm just trying to be human, here...war is hell.
>>
>>74829607
the thing is, did Japan pressured him to apologize? why does he feel like he have an obligation to apologize something that never has to do with him? that's pretty un-American for a president. If he know doesn't have to, why does he bother exposing it to the public like some childish banter?
>>
>>74829607

>Nobel peace prize winner decides war is okay and doesn't apologize for it.
YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP.
>>
>>74830368
If you can't understand the difference between bombing japan in a calculated war move, and a bunch of sand niggers flying a couple planes into commercial buildings than this argument isn't worth having.
>>
>>74829801
Stop being a cunt, Canada

All apologies for the Komagata Maru incident:
>On August 6, 2006, Prime Minister Harper
>On April 3, 2008, Ruby Dhalla
>On May 10, 2008, Jason Kenney
>On May 23, 2008, the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia
>On August 3, 2008, Prime Minister Stephen Harper
>On May 18, 2016, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
>>
>>74830368
Lets see...

1a. 9/11 was performed by our middle eastern allies -- possibly our greatest allies. They still deny it happened and have been trying to block the declassification of the 28 pages.
1b. The nukes were performed on our enemy. We don't deny what happened at all.
2a. 9/11 is still celebrated in a mainstream fashion by muslims. They often use the day to kill us.
2b. No American public figure celebrates nuking Japan. Its largely considered tasteless to do so. Even the edgy people who would joke about it, still don't actually celebrate the day it happened.
3a. Surprise attack on civilians outside of war. No apparent demands, no warning, not even particularly clear who did it.
3b. Warning was given in advance and opportunity for surrender was demonstrated ahead of time, and was during a war.

So no, not comparable at all.
>>
>>74832330
>why does he feel like he have an obligation to apologize something that never has to do with him?
excellent point all nigs have to drop slavery arguments and reparations demands instantly
>>
>>74829607
His visit is an apology

what are you daft?
>>
The bombing is one of the things we should apologize for.

The whole "they would fight to the very end!!" bullshit has been refuted a long time ago when several leading figures revealed that peace terms had been accepted by Japan MONTHS before the bombing that were basically the same as what were accepted afterwords.

Not only was the bombing of the two cities unneeded, so were the last 6 months or so of the war. (meaning that only if you take into U.S soldier deaths, we should have ended it before then)
>>
>>74830368
You're forgetting the Nukes were a consequence of our grudge against Japan (Pearl Harbor). Hence they can't really hold a grudge against the Nukes or else our grudge against Pearl Harbor has also not been fixed.
>>
>>74829607
If they had, Japs would drop the bombs on entire world. They were that ruthless during the war. So fuck them, Pearl Harbor would be mashroom field. The US at least ended it with 2 and made sure not to destroy historical monuments. That was kind of them.
>>
>>74829607
>visiting Hiroshima to begin with

stop dicking around Obongo
>>
>>74832945
source?

i think you are either making this shit up or are parroting somebody that did

or you're some fucked up America-bad-traitorous-paid-too-much-for-a-bad-education-that-won't-even-get-me-30k-a-year-so-now-i-gotta'-hope-bernie-gets-elected-faggot
>>
Idk these days even Obama is a little too right wing for me. I think he owes and apology. Trudeau apologized recently for not accepting some random indians on a boat like a hundred years ago so I think the Americans must apologize for Hiroshima.
>>
>>74832945
You dumb cunt, why would you apologize for something you didn't do? The only people you could expect to apologize for that are dead.

Fucking faggots and their apology culture.
>>
I just think an apology shows human empathy and respect. Honestly at this point it's the elephant in the room and they might as well just get it out of the way instead of making it awkward.
>>
>>74833444
> too right wing for me.
still a left wing apologist. He's on his last term, so he's just experiencing a senioritis phase at the moment. He just want to go full blown with his ego before he walk off that office, but instead, he's been looking like an idiot in this past year. don't beleive? You should check his ridiculous FB videos.

I still dont get why does he feel the necessity to bring up the apology if he doesn't want to. It seems like most people in Japan dont give a shit. Unless their gov is pulling some string http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/05/13/national/majority-see-no-need-for-obama-to-apologize-for-atomic-bombing-of-hiroshima-and-nagasaki-japan-times-poll/#.V0LLD5ErKUk
>>
>>74833444
>Trudeau apologized recently for not accepting some random indians on a boat like a hundred years ago

What a disgusting coward.
>>
He's only not apologizing because they're a first world country with no blacks, Muslims or oppressed minorities.

They carry more than their weight in industry, science, medicine and art.

They're not helpless gibs, they make their own shit, and Obama can't feel empathy for any group like that.
>>
>>74830368
PEARL HARBOUR
E
A
R
L
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-23+at+05.31.19).png (237 KB, 663x886) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-23+at+05.31.19).png
237 KB, 663x886
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't his apology already get rejected by the PM during one of his visits years ago?
>>
>>74832330
On the contrary, Japan has official stated they don't want an apology, but it's complicated.

Japanese citizens overwhelmingly think an apology from the US is in order. The government however has been asked to apologize for so many things that they would rather deny. If they received an apology from the US, there would be more pressure on them to dole out apologies.
>>
>>74829607

>Obama: The scars of slavery are still with us today.
>Obama: Oh Hiroshima? LOL fuck those mutants.
>>
File: 1463903083889.jpg (122 KB, 672x960) Image search: [Google]
1463903083889.jpg
122 KB, 672x960
Look bottom line is I dont want Obongo to bow down to the emperor and eat his ass. A simple "OUR BAD BRUH" and move on.
>>
oh shit its confirmed. HE AINT SAYIN SORRY. WEW LADS.
>>
File: BARAK HUSSEIN OBAMA.jpg (75 KB, 1536x798) Image search: [Google]
BARAK HUSSEIN OBAMA.jpg
75 KB, 1536x798
>>74829607
>Obama Says He Will Not Apologize for Atomic Bomb During Visit to City
He won't apologize for the upcoming nuclear destruction.
>>
if usa apologize i expect kikes to apologize for holocaust.
>>
>>74834514
yes, it clearly stated that was unnecessary to call out such apology. It's also an insurance to keep the right wingers at bay too.

>>74834643
with that being said, would it be better to not make a statement about it? What he just did, just simply rubbing salt in an old wound.
>>
Japan attacked pearl harbor -- a military base.

The USA bombed innocent civilians.

I think the USA should formally apologize for killing the innocent civilians.

And I am a Trump supporter, not some Bernie bot.
>>
>>74833444

those jap cunts brought it on themselves, they should apologize to us for needing to use the cock sucking thing.
>>
>>74835140
>innocent civilians
in a total war
kek you such a fucking cucks you weabos. Japs killed your POWs by thousands, they killed milions of chinks and used koreans as cannon fodder. It was a total fcking war and civilians fueled it by working in industry and by supporting emperor. They never showed remores about them slaughtering civilians. grow a pair cuck.
>>
>>74833154
Rare!
>>
It was total war, bad shit happened on both sides.
There's no need to apologize for individual events, especially now that all the leaders from that era are dead and gone.

I think our actions of helping Japan rebuild after the war, and our on-going cooperation speaks louder than any apology.
>>
File: 1450661645319.jpg (167 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1450661645319.jpg
167 KB, 640x640
>>74832599
>>
>>74832945
>Azuma turns back to his conversation with the young guide.
>“Some people blame the United States for dropping the bomb,” he tells the guide. “But I think if the Americans hadn’t dropped the bomb it might have been even crueller. The Japanese government was calling on everyone to fight — even women and children — if the Americans invaded. To fight with home-made bamboo swords! Can you imagine?
>“Maybe dropping the bomb was immoral, but we did surrender after that.”

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-07-31/after-bomb-survivors-die-who-will-be-hiroshimas-memory-keepers

Younger Japs want an apology, but the older people who experienced the war know what was going to happen.
>>
>a war ending strike, trading thousands of lives for millions had WWII continued
vs
>9/11, terrorist attack on a non-wartime nation
>>
>>74829607
pretty based Tbh with you lads
>>
>>74832430
The bomb brought peace though, so Obama is living up to it.
>>
They want an apology? Fuck 'em. I once met a very old bloke who fought the japs in Burma and New Guinea. He was a commando. He said the japs were brutal, cruel bastards who would torture their captives and brutalise the local population.

The same japanese asking for an apology probably don't even know what the imperial japanese forces did to earn their reputation. It's a fairly well-known meme that modern japs aren't told much about the war.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.