[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Attacking a Cop in Louisiana Will Be a Hate Crime if Gov. Signs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1463940078.jpg (40 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
1463940078.jpg
40 KB, 700x393
>Louisiana's hate crime law already protects vulnerable minorities from attacks based on their race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation, but state lawmakers want to add another group to the mix: cops.

>The state's House and Senate have already approved the measure — dubbed the the "Blue Lives Matter bill" — and it just needs the signature of Governor John Bel Edwards in order to become law. Edwards is expected to approve the bill, which also covers firefighters, paramedics, and other first responders.

>The phrase "Blue Lives Matter" became a counter-slogan to the Black Lives Matter movement, which grew out of the officer-involved killings of Eric Garner in New York and Michael Brown in Ferguson in the summer of 2014. The incidents — and subsequent grand jury decisions not to indict the police officers responsible — sparked outrage and protests across the US.

>Some police advocates assert that the Black Lives Matter movement has fostered an anti-law enforcement climate, though the evidence used to support that claim is murky. The number of "ambush killings" of police officers has declined in recent years — the Washington Post found that about 9.5 such incidents have occurred each year across the country since 2000 — but by March of 2016 there had already been five.

>According to the National Law Enforcement Memorial Fund, a total of 124 officers died in the line of duty in 2015, a 4 percent increase from 2014. But only 42 of those were shot and killed, and fatal shootings of officers actually fell 14 percent between 2014 and 2015. The overall rate of officers being killed in the line of duty remains far lower than it has been in previous decades.

https://archive.is/iAPHb
>>
>>74818063
I WANNA BE A KANG
>>
>>74818063
As much as you shouldn't attack the cops, giving the cops ANOTHER legal precedent with which to charge you (and now a hate crime no less!) is probably a bad thing.
>>
>>74818063
Hehehehehhehe, I think it's kind of dumb but hhehehehehehehehehehheeh, can't wait to see what happens.
>>
>>74818063
>cops wont abuse this at all
>>
How can a suicide attempt be considered a "hate crime" against anybody other than the perpetrator?
>>
File: image.jpg (244 KB, 638x1059) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244 KB, 638x1059
Probably a good idea.
>>
>>74818063
Louisiana is full of prejudice redneck honkeys getting mad at blacks for being black

It's /pol/: the state pretty much
>>
Why does it matter if the cop got shot? It's stupid that they differentiate between killings and fatal shootings. A dead cop is a dead cop, I don't care if niggers haven't shot them as much.
>>
ITT people defending rampant police corruption and overreach of their powers
>>
I hope it passes.
>>
>>74818063

Does that mean fuck the police is now hate speech?
>>
>>74819093
>>74819093
Imagine that, it's perfectly fitting for a newly elected D-Bag [Who has also just fucked over a huge portion of the locals by removing all movie-related tax incentives].

This state is ridiculous.
>>
>>74818063
Hate crime laws are retarded anyway. I'm glad the concept is being abused and turned inside-out. You get charged with an extra crime because the state didn't like your motive? Talk about thought-policing.

I hate powertripping cops too, but I hate powertripping liberals even more. Maybe it'll get them more years in prison. Good riddance.
>>
>>74818063
Good for the cops kinda sad that they have to beat them with their own stupidity but what can you do in this day and age.
>>
>>74818447
Oh you mean just like black lives matter idiots?
They have only themselves to blame what happens next trying to shit on the cops and hoping your skin color saves you from equal and honest justice is retarded even for blm nigs.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.