[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Class
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: American Caste System.png (76 KB, 2348x2348) Image search: [Google]
American Caste System.png
76 KB, 2348x2348
Hey fellow Murricans!

1. What class are you? (pic related)
2. What are your political affiliations?
>>
>>74800381
G2, I suppose? IDK, you tell me
>I research local property taxes and give estimates to financial institutions providing loans to people buying manufactured homes

I'm conservative
>>
>>74800678

That'd be G3, but on the upper end of G3.
>>
>>74800381
My criticism of this system is that he doesn't describe the higher echelons very well. For instance, a person who inherits alot of money and does nothing wouldn't exist on his chart as he described them.Is it E4? No because those are Strivers and are trying to go up. Then what's the difference between them and G2? Are they E3? According to his logic someone would go from G2 to E3 skipping E4?

His class system is shit. When I read his class system, I had to fucking revinvent an entire new class system that wasn't Marx. And it was tricky. Machiavelli of all people is the only one who understands Class the best because he recognizes the distinction between Elites and Gentry that's definitive. But even then....there was much to be desired.

All the knowledge in the world and I can't share it because nonfiction publishers don't take solicited writings.
>>
>>74801313

Technically it'd be E2 if it gave him sufficient clout over corporations that he owned, unless he had it uninvested. In which case he would be... underclass?

Machiavelli's distinction between Gentry and Elites anything like the distinction between Aristocrats and Bourgeois?
>>
>>74801614

It crosses into Functionalism which means I pay serious fucking attention. He was the foundation to finding out the truth about Class (Marx is flatout wrong.)

Machieavelli is among the most misunderstood thinkers because he talks about how degenerate Italians were in the Prince, so we assume that his judgments are judgments against all of men. In reality, Machiaevlli said Ideology is the only force that actually matters in politics because humans are degenerate and worthless without Ideology. When he died, Italy would never again be independent and it would be ruled by Hyper-idealistic Frenchmen and Spainards. So Machievilli talks about his society as a failure.

I hate to be a dick and pull the Trade Secret card but I as someone in the the "E2/Underclass" mark I'm fucking desperate.
>>
>>74802008

Well, I personally am sitting at the crossroads between moving to E4 or trying to move up to G2, so I can empathize with being in a weird transitional spot.

How do you feel about the current conflict between Islamism and the West given what you just said about ideology?
>>
>>74802337
It's a hopeless reconciliation based on what I've discovered. Has nothing to do with Race or 'mah Bell Curve.' But again, I hate to be a dick even if I honestly cop myself out. If I was secure, from whoever, I'd be alot more generous in general with everyone.
>>
>>74802566

You know, you should shoot for E3 or at least G2. You've got options, don't worry too much about time.
>>
>>74802826
Thanks...it's been a long journey trying to find my way into something. But one foot in front of the other.
>>
>>74802997

Good to hear.
>>
>>74800381
What about labor who has ownership?
Ownership and influence can from my perspective not be in the same category though comparing them to each other is fundamental in relation to contemporary class structures.
Ownership does not imply influence in relation to Elite Power-Brokers.
Influence does not imply ownership in general.

Using the pyramide as a metaphor is simplistic as both influence and capital is generated by the whole of individuals.

E2
Green
>>
>>74806570

If you're the working elite? Then you're typically defined as E3. If you're a laborer working for stock options? Then you're probably either L3 or G3.
>>
>>74807168
Thank you for defining me as E3, when I am arguing against the model.

What is elite for you, American?
>>
What's an electrician? Mover and shaker or skilled?
>>
>>74800381
>>74800794

What constitutes full caste status?

I'd say I'm either G2 or G3.

Conservative
>>
>>74807646

The Dulles. The Kennedies. The Bushes.

>>74807752

L2. Skilled labor.

>>74808165

Being above transitional level (ie graduating college which is G4) but not independent within your class.

For instance, a salaried engineer who works on other people's projects is a G3. A scientist who researches at his own direction is a G2. A CEO who works for a lot of money and has control over a major company is an E3. A wealthy trust funder who owns a controlling share of said company is an E2.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.