[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What defines left vs right? Is it social issues? Fiscal policy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (435 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
435 KB, 960x960
What defines left vs right?

Is it social issues?
Fiscal policy?
Involvement of government?

The lines between authoritarianism and libertarianism are far more clear cut (involvement of government), but what is the *real* definition of the difference between right and left wing in politics?
>>
>>74783465

>What defines left vs right?

Simple it's ideology, the right is about defending the social order while the left is about defending new delusions about somekind of new man.
>>
Left = government intervention to promote equality. Right = government intervention to promote hierarchy, or give even more to people who do well in the idea that these are the people who should lead society.

Liberalism = government should avoid intervening whenever possible. Values freedom above all.
>>
>>74783465
>Implying Libertarians and Max Spinners don't belong in the trash can
>>
>>74783465
Left: Feminine

Right: Masculine

Everything else is just an abstraction of that.
>>
who's the guy on the top right of the chart.

where are the Christian democrats?
>>
>>74783465
>>74783465
goood meme pic
>>
File: axeswithnames.gif (6 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
axeswithnames.gif
6 KB, 500x500
>>74783465
>>
>>74783465
There's egoism at the bottom? What's the other?
>>
>>74787185

this
>>
>>74787185
Interesting. That actually is fairly accurate, at least in the US.
>>
>>74783946
I hate the left as well but we should come up with an actual definition to it, rather than just branding them delusionists (even though they are).
>>
>>74783465
The left v right spectrum and the quadrant scales are pretty flawed.

A single line continuum from libertarian/anarchism that continues to get more authoritative and collectivist regardless of social issues is the correct graph. I wish I could draw it out I have it in my notes somewhere.

t.
went to weekend long lecture from professors of economics and political science
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.