[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Programmers BTFO! http://pastebin.com/CCi8Q72Z http://www.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: JBrad.jpg (49 KB, 200x249) Image search: [Google]
JBrad.jpg
49 KB, 200x249
Programmers BTFO!

http://pastebin.com/CCi8Q72Z

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/22/opinion/sunday/to-write-software-read-novels.html

Highlights:

"We had been paralyzed. The minute we tweaked one bit of logic, we realized we’d fouled up another. But our music major moved freely. Instead of freezing up over the logical permutations behind each A and S, she found that these symbols put her in the mind of musical notes. As notes, they could be made to work in concert. They could be orchestrated."

"On a subsequent project, our problem was pointers. In programming language, a pointer is an object that refers to some master value stored elsewhere. This might sound straightforward, but pointers are like ghosts in the system."

"It took me 18 months to become proficient as a developer."
>>
>>74775672
my last comp sci exam is tomorrow but I don't think I'll show up after reading this

switching to English literature next semester
>>
>>74775672
Man was not meant to be crunching numbers and following through predesignated pathways like goyim.

Within the abstraction of though and a mind governing it as through music we evolved to perceive the universe and through such means will the future of physics and maths evolve.

Math nerds, jewish physics and textbooks full of constants in a malleable universe is, were and always will be obsolete and an obstacle.
>>
>>74775672
As an electrical engineer who is pretty well versed in programming this is bullshit.
>>
>>74775672

A friend of mine got a 1st class Honors degree in Fine Art. His post grad degree was an MSC in Computer Science...

He's a very successful progammer.
>>
File: 1396119554051.jpg (14 KB, 180x246) Image search: [Google]
1396119554051.jpg
14 KB, 180x246
Let me guess, its another exception to the rule article.
>>
>>74775672
TFW when programming has become the new non-degree requiring mainstream job of the 21 century.
>>
>>74778361
>>74778361
Because of this Im doubting the usefulness of my comp sci degree when EVERYONE will eventually know how to program.
>>
File: 1463455641175.jpg (92 KB, 720x541) Image search: [Google]
1463455641175.jpg
92 KB, 720x541
>>74775672
>And that vastly female musician turned programmer that that realized she could manipulate code as easily as changing keys on a piano and embarrassed entire offices full of stuffy non-progressive males in only three months?
>Alberta Einsteinenberg
>>
>>74775672
>"On a subsequent project, our problem was pointers. In programming language, a pointer is an object that refers to some master value stored elsewhere. This might sound straightforward, but pointers are like ghosts in the system."
That's not what a fucking pointer is. If you wanted to explain it "an address to somewhere else" would be sufficient.
>>
this isn't that impressive. I studied graphic design and highschool and I'm starting programming classes next semester. No shit, liberal arts people can have creative talents in other fields.
>>
>>74779149
Depends on your comp sci degree is shit or not. If it's literally just software development and programming I suppose it would be pretty useless.
>>
I can't believe people are paid to write this shit.
>>
>>74775672
>pointers are like ghosts in the system
What the fuck is this nigger talking about? How are pointers even remotely like that?
>>
>>74775672
Sounds like a shitty programmer to me
>>
CompSci majors aren't exactly critical thinkers. I'd put any musician or philosopher above some CompSci dweeb in any field any day of the week.
>>
>>74775672
this sort of nonsense is what management bound programmers pull out of their ass to convince normie execs they know what they're doing.

they develop a Steve Jobs spiel. It's the only way to make a fortune in Silicon Valley. Pull the wool over everyone's eyes.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.