[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christian Religion Bashing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: DarkAges-Science.jpg (34 KB, 560x516) Image search: [Google]
DarkAges-Science.jpg
34 KB, 560x516
le meme Christianism slowed down scientific progress and the world would have been better without it
>aka the reason why I can't stand 9gag

What does /pol/ think about this popular belief ?

How to explain to degenerate liberals that their laws and morals are the legacy of Christianism ?
How to explain them that this religion was a medium for international diplomacy that unified western nations ?
How to explain them that it helped maintaining social unity amongst peasants and shaped our most basic cultural concepts such as family ?
>>
You explain what you just explain, but to yourself you also learn the valuable lesson that memes shared on the internet do not reflect real life behavior.
>>
>>74756157
Implying renaissance/enlightement/and modern era until the WW2 isn't christian

I'm sure you're a parisian cuck who love muslims dicks.
>>
>>74756669
No one imply this.... what the fuck do you even read anything here before you post
>>
>>74756157

>unified western nations
Aka collectivism, laid the groundwork for communism

>liberal laws and morals are the legacy of Christianity
How is this a good thing?

>shaping the concept of family
Families existed long before Christianity

Dead Jew on a stick/10
Try again Christ cuck
>>
File: 1459622220425.jpg (59 KB, 548x618) Image search: [Google]
1459622220425.jpg
59 KB, 548x618
>>74756157

Hello Schlomo Shcklestein
>>
File: 1453241031586.jpg (5 KB, 228x222) Image search: [Google]
1453241031586.jpg
5 KB, 228x222
What is really stupid about that 'dark ages' chart is that it implies ALL science only happens in Europe. During that time Arabic areas & India were making huge advances in math. China was making advances in chemistry and metallurgy. In Meso-America astronomy and, oddly enough, basic surgery skills were being developed.

The idea that world science stopped during Europe's Medieval period is retarded.
>>
>>74756157
Notice how that hole coincides with the fall of Rome.
If it were not for the churches copying and preserving all the writings of greeks, hindus and later arabs, the world would still be in the dark ages.

And then there is the fact that "the dark ages" as such did not exist but were a myth created during the Renaisance to distinguish themselves from those "backwards" ancient times, ignoring that they themselves were in many regards more backwards than the middle ages people. (Bathing for example)
>>
>An ancient book forces humans to be bad!

Yeah man! It was the book! Not the human psyche.
>>
>>74757116
> During that time Arabic areas & India were making huge advances in math.
Nice try Aladdin.
>>
>>74756299
welcome to France, a country filled with masochists feeling guilty to be white and denying their cultural heritage

just walk in any high school/college, I guarantee you more than 50% of the student think like this

>>74756669
Bordel , apprend à lire l'anglais avant de poster et arrête de passer ta vue sur twitter, ça t'apprendra peut-être à pas réagir au quart de tour connard.

Noraj de l'apprentissage

>>74756879
>Aka collectivism, laid the groundwork for communism
Do you know what a medium is ? Did I mention any causality relation here ? Is tehre something wrong in your head to not understand that religion can be a tool and that christianism was the most powerful diplomatic tool until the 18th century ?

>How is this a good thing?
It doesn't have to be. But it's like that, it's ours and we are stuck with it, so therefore it is good. Are maybe you think alduterism, sadism, etc... are good things ?

>Families existed long before Christianity
... Is tehre a need to respond to this ? seriously ?

try again american commies
>>
File: 4566321.jpg (34 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
4566321.jpg
34 KB, 550x550
/pol/ is a christian board m8
>>
>>74756157

this graph neglects to point out the red and pink sections represent a massive increase in cuckoldry. Well done enlightenment. lol
>>
>>74757833
and ? your point is britfag ?

I'm genuinly asking you how to reply to degenerate liberals who tell you this. It's not a toll.
>>
>>74757080
Fucking problem with you eastern european untermenschen, you see jews everywhere. You're probably from the most antisemitic place and earth and I respect you for that, but it's hard to have a serious conversation about religion with you.
>>
If it weren't for Catholic Christians crusading against the moslem horde we would be in a much worse situation. Surprise surprise war takes resources and MEN die.
>>
>>74756157
the reason that happened is that to have scientific advancement you need first for a small enough part of the population to produce enough food so that the rest can focus on science. In the ancient egypt/greece/rome free slaves from conquests made that possible but after the collapse of rome there was no longer enough free slaves to feed the population so we need first to develop our agricultre and thats exactly what happened in the middle ages. Oh also the fact that there was constant fighting didnt help the process of developing agriculture
>>
>>74758409
I take back what I said on eastern europe, you're based polfag. I think you can also highlight the role of faith in supporting the population during the plague which slowed down all sort of advancement in the middle ages more than anything.
>>
>>74757116
> coincided with the fall of Rome
Came here to mention this. Without any moral fibre to promote social cohesion, Rome fell to degeneracy.
>Le 9geg Christianity bad for muh progress
If you don't have a society anymore, you won't be able to have scientific advancement. The NSA prides itself on staying 5+ years ahead of world technology advancement. We can't access and benefit from that until we have world peace under a fair and just government (aka not the Chinese, Jews, or globalists).
Big pharma also holds back advancements to chemistry. There is no economic incentive to actually curing sickness, but rather pretending to. We have technology that can see at the sub-electron level and map out atoms, but is kept secret because
> hurr dur gotta take all shekels from goyim
So the thing is our technology is very advanced right now, but it won't be allowed to benefit society because of current power structures in place
>>
>>74757334
/pol/ does not read.
>>
>>74756157
How do you measure scientific advancement? What are the units?
>>
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8438210/Fall-of-Roman-Empire-caused-by-contagion-of-homosexuality.html
Christianity at least controlled the spread of degeneracy.
>>
>>74759309
>our technology is very advanced right now, but it won't be allowed to benefit society because of current power structures in place
le meme we still use oil because of motorists and oil producers lobby

I think "muh shekel" is a very valid argument for holding back technology. You just can't start selling technology if it's not profitable enough or if you have to close down thousands of factories, the world has to be balanced by some sort of system.

But while I see how the Catholic Church could have stopped scientific progress (Copernic) to preserve their legitimity/power, I don't think it played a major role in the technoligical dark age

>>74760031
If you try to argue about the figures with a degenerate liberal you will alwats loose. This people are not rational and more hypocrit than the people they accused to be so
>>
File: masonicdolla.jpg (26 KB, 250x260) Image search: [Google]
masonicdolla.jpg
26 KB, 250x260
I really dont see whats the problem, secularist yurotrash

now, Islam will guide you to a whole new age of enlightenment.

pick your bone with them, if you can

secularist yurotrash.
>>
>>74756862
>>74757721

My bad
i only read the title and looked at the pic.
>>
>>74761902
C'est rien mon gars, t'as vu la dernière video de Valek ?
C'est le plus redpilled des youtubeur frenchie que je connaisse
>>
>>74761113
Actually yeah, we are still using oil because of corporate interests.
We have the technology to suck kinetic or thermal energy directly from the Sun's core. That same technology can theoretically be used to created a microscope that map out electron interaction and orbit. By mapping electrons, you can see exactly how any two molecules will interact, and thus create a chemical cure to any disease by making sure your compound will interact only with the target cells or virus etc.
Corporate interest is globalist interest. They want nothing more than for everybody to stay calm, go to work, and wait for the elite to figure out how to turn them into permanent slaves
>>
>>74757116
>implying the decimal system didn't fuck us up and prevente the rise of the glorious duodecimal system
>>
>>74762603
having the technology is far different than having it operational. If you went back to the middle age do you think you could create a useful (not a toy) steam engine that didn't explode ?

As for the microscope... wtf ? Do you even wave–particle duality ? Or even observer effect ? Or maybe I'm just stupid and I need a link pls
>>
File: 1463926036354.png (34 KB, 470x512) Image search: [Google]
1463926036354.png
34 KB, 470x512
>>74756157
>That Y axis
>>
>>74756157
now that the christianity in west is declining, so does our civilization
>>
>>74763661
and where does come our new pope from ?... latin america... you're exempted from any irrelevant commentary brazil

can someone the most important inventions of the middle age ? maybe that could nail it
>>
>>74756157
What is considered a scientific advance ?

Until where I know the churches funded a lot of studies
>>
>>74763995
what?
>>
Start with this. It explains everything.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmgZ2dbyDXZ1U5xY2cvQ5Fjw2zmaRpD2_
>>
>>74763220
Yeah I'm familiar with the observer effect. Trying to visualize an electron with an electron microscope is like trying to gauge where a car is and how fast it's going by hitting it with a boulder and then checking where the boulder landed.
Using tesla waves to provide feedback is potentially much more accurate.
>>
>>74756157

That hole is from the fall of Rome and the rape and oppression of the Arab 'golden age'.

Shutting off trade on the Mediterranean basically fucked Europe for that time. Society is dependent on trade and constant raids for materials and slaves fucked Europe when it was weak. Christianity was one of the only things to hold together enough to defend the people. All of this leading to the crusades which were a defensive war. At least the first three were.
>>
>>74765124
>implying technological/scientific advancement is the result of mondialism
>>
>>74764554

I am ten seconds into this and I get the feeling its not going anywere good. Is this guy pretending to be a euforian or is it real?

>>74765260
Safe trade routes are the driving force beyond all others. One world government doesnt mean shit just that many people involved have some kind of system to make territory safe.
>>
>>74756157
>le meme Christianism slowed down scientific progress and the world would have been better without it
>What does /pol/ think about this popular belief ?
It's a superstitious belief with no bearing. I'm not even a Christian either.

>How to explain to degenerate liberals that their laws and morals are the legacy of Christianism ?
But it isn't. European laws are governed by secular held beliefs, at least for the most part. The only exception would be prostitution laws. Morals are inconsequential since nobody abids by them anyway.

>How to explain them that this religion was a medium for international diplomacy that unified western nations ?
Just tell them that a unified religion helped forge alliances, but also break them because the Vatican wanted too much, hence the Reformation.

>How to explain them that it helped maintaining social unity amongst peasants and shaped our most basic cultural concepts such as family ?
Social unity among the peasantry was based on family connections (i.e. legal matters tied to blood and name), although sharing religion and tradition helped people connect.
>>
>>74756157
> implying other part of the world stopped their scientific advancement too
> implying we didn't steal their shit when we got out of the dark ages
>>
File: inbreeding-gradient-europe-d.png (395 KB, 1251x945) Image search: [Google]
inbreeding-gradient-europe-d.png
395 KB, 1251x945
Christianity not only protected scientific texts but is reponsible for the modern nation state and no incest in Europe unlike the rest of the world. In short, it's the reason that Europe outpaced the rest of the world.
>>
>>74765124
people also seem to ignore all the technological and philosophical advances made during the dark ages. Like we somehow went from roving hordes to flying buttresses.
>>
Hello Deutschbag
>>
>>74765744
>European laws are governed by secular held beliefs, at least for the most part.
For the most part, Eurpean laws come from the Code Civil spread during the napoleonic wars, this text purpose was to unify french juridiction under one rule. You can go back as much as you like but at first their was the Roman laws which were heavily influenced by Christianism before the fall of the Empire.

>Morals are inconsequential since nobody abids by them anyway.
Explain how Chinese are perfectly ok with cloning animals while westerner have such a hard time only talking about it, also animal cruelty

>Social unity among the peasantry was based on family connections (i.e. legal matters tied to blood and name), although sharing religion and tradition helped people connect.
Do you know what polygamy is ? Tribal family ? Woman treated as objects, sold the second after their husband's death

>>74766784
name them
>>
File: Bash-early_concept.jpg (364 KB, 495x753) Image search: [Google]
Bash-early_concept.jpg
364 KB, 495x753
>>74756157

It's a good way to weed out the dumbasses in conversation.
>>
File: HEY GUYS LETS REVOLT.jpg (505 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
HEY GUYS LETS REVOLT.jpg
505 KB, 1024x768
>>74766901
>name all the technological advance in a 800 year span
>>
File: dark ages.jpg (1 MB, 967x3253) Image search: [Google]
dark ages.jpg
1 MB, 967x3253
>>74756157
>>
im glad the dark ages happened when they did

would have been a lot worse to have a dark age occur any later than that

can you picture what the world would be like if nothing bad ever happened? these things make humanity stronger as a result
>>
>>74756157
Say hello to the new dark ages of progress.
>>
File: c.png (650 KB, 587x600) Image search: [Google]
c.png
650 KB, 587x600
>>74764874
>tesla waves
wew lad
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 426x240
>>74756157
>explain
There is no explaining. These secular fags have literally built their own religion revolving around all this bullshit, and are dragging the West into the abyss with them.

>Go to a uncucked church
>Meet a qt3.14 grill
>Get married, have kids
>Get involved with the community and/or politics
>stock up on guns and non-perishable food items
>don't waste your money on stupid shit

This is how you beat the Jews and Marxists.
>>
>>74767695
/thread
>>
File: AYYTHEIST.png (110 KB, 816x1344) Image search: [Google]
AYYTHEIST.png
110 KB, 816x1344
>>
>>74756157
1. Christianity is sexist For one thing, Christianity did a myriad of good for women and children, The concept of marriage as a loving partnership between a man and woman, both of whom have some sort of equal value was unheard of. Women, while taught to be modest and submit to their husbands, also are required to be loved by their husbands. The Bible never speaks of a woman's place as inherently inferior to a man, she has different roles, but they are still equally valued by God and women played important roles in the early church.

2. The dark ages were terrible
Not entirely, the collapse of the Roman central authority actually did a lot of good in terms of society.
-with no more lati-fundi system of keeping slave plantations, and the disappearance of cities in favor of feudal lands, unemployment, a chronic problem in the roman empire, was eliminated
-with the collapse of trade and centralized government, income inequality was drastically reduced
-slavery as well virtually disappeared after Rome, and throughout the middle ages Christian theologians decried the practice as incompatible with Christian teachings
-The First universities were opened during the middle ages
-the scientific revolution was pioneered by Christians
3. "Degeneracy" was caused by Christian values of compassion for others
multiculturalism, modern feminism, social liberalism all occurred in the late 20th century, the same time Christianity began its decline in the West. Statistically, Evangelical Christians ie, those who most genuinely follow the Bible, are among the least likely to support gay marriage, and Black lives matter.
>>
>How to explain to degenerate liberals that their laws and morals are the legacy of Christianism ?
Which laws? Christianity had few morals until the application of Greek philosophy in the second and third centuries outside of the laws of Moses. Furthermore, Christian 'morals' encompass everything from slavery to freedom, as the Bible is not a consistent book, as well as being wildly ahistorical.

>How to explain them that this religion was a medium for international diplomacy that unified western nations ?
Ah yes, the glorious unification of the Thirty Years War, the Northern Crusades, and the multitudinous wars of religion throughout Europe's history. Secondly, Europe did pretty well in international relations outside of Europe, as evinced by the fact that many European states allied with the Ottomans, their colonial neighbors, and others outside the realm of Europe at one point in time.

>How to explain them that it helped maintaining social unity amongst peasants and shaped our most basic cultural concepts such as family ?
Again, I am not entirely sure what you are referring to. The family unit and the family structure is something that is not consistent within Christianity, and there is strong evidence to suggest that the nuclear family existed before the rise of any Christian religion. It will likely continue after Christianity has returned to nothingness, too.
>>
>>74767309
soap
paper
eyeglass
arabic numerals
university
mirror
gunpowder
blast furnace
hourglass
oil paint
chimney
quanrantine
corporatism and early taylorism

just stay a lazy illiterate fat-lazy-fuck amerifag

>>74767794
what doesn't kill me...

>>74768031
IQ is not representative of intelligence, or at least not all form of intelligence. IQ score is a manipulation to select the best slave to make the perfect worker livestock

>>74768295
you only read the title of the thread
right twitter cancer ?
>>
>>74768295
>religions
>peacefully coexisting
My sides have transcended the earthly plane.
>>
>>74757146
Exactly, and people forget that, during the late 18th and early 19th century, the social, philisophical, and cultural movement was Romantacism, a movement directly geared against the secular englightment which had brought about the French revolution and decades of war to Europe, this movement found inspiration not in the classical period, but in the middle ages
>>
>>74756157
> Y axis is just labelled "scientific advancement" without any units of data
>>
File: law.png (954 KB, 3564x1870) Image search: [Google]
law.png
954 KB, 3564x1870
>>74768726
>Which laws?
huh... Common laws, you know... like all of them ? marriage to name only one

>Ah yes, the...
for all conflict you quote I can name 10 or 100 more where the Vatican influence/Christianism helped Europe

>nuclear family existed before the rise of any Christian religion
and spread how... ???

>>74769043
you didn't read what this thread was about I think, or maybe you have a chronic lack of attention, stop watching TV
>>
I'm not religious but a lot of the hate christianity receives is the directl result of jewish media and academia.
>>
>>74766901
Notice Polygamy was never accepted in Christian countries, We never had a society that had harems, multiple wives, or Eunuchs
>>
File: angryjesus.jpg (103 KB, 546x500) Image search: [Google]
angryjesus.jpg
103 KB, 546x500
>>74756157
>>
>>74758405
But women are the real victims of war :^)
t. Hillary Clinton
>>
>>74769794
>huh... Common laws, you know... like all of them ? marriage to name only one

Marriage can and does exist outside of the context of religion. Are we to assume that tariffs on pickles exist because of Christianity? That laws governing copyright are somehow scripturally based? What a facile argument. Almost every moral that we consider Christian has its roots in earlier philosophy which the Christians bowdlerized.

>for all conflict you quote I can name 10 or 100 more where the Vatican influence/Christianism helped Europe
Then do so. Also those wars' main cause was religion, at least you must admit that.

>and spread how... ???
The same way any cultural meme spreads, through contact with others. There is no reason to credit Christianity for this.

Take a logic class or two and try again.
>>
File: muhGraphs.jpg (69 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
muhGraphs.jpg
69 KB, 640x640
>>74756157
> that picture
usually posted by people who are too stupid to understand its nonsense.
its faggotry over time, not science over time.

what are the criteria for scientific advancement and how can you calculate the slope of the curve for each period ?

>muh dark ages meme
universities are the product of the same dark ages you cry about.

>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medieval_universities
>>
>>74770125
>"Hi, my name is _____ and I don't know what Mormonism is."
>>
>>74770402
and those universities were populated by children of the ruling class who would inherit the power to keep everyone else uneducated and encourage the catholic church to take indulgences
>>
File: 1450847169379.jpg (121 KB, 763x768) Image search: [Google]
1450847169379.jpg
121 KB, 763x768
Notice all the genocides, wars and death happening in the modern, post Christian world, whats the death toll since 1900? 100, 200, 300 million?

If our modern, progressive society is one in which millions died in war or revolution, and one in which millions of unborn children are not only murdered, but their murder is paraded as a triumph of human progress, then I want no part of this
>>
>>74768604
women were allowed in the priesthood and then the catholic church covered it up

the dark ages were shit, and you're shit for equivocating and rationalizing about it

the scientific revolution was blocked by the church.

this is bait
>>
>>74770562
1 example in which only a sect of a breakaway heretical religion accepted it and it was hundreds of miles away from Christian countries.
>>
>>74769794
Civil law again is something not common amongst all Christianity and is again something that is not scriptually based. It was based off of Justinian's law code, which is the compilation of all Roman law. It is at best tangentially related to the teachings of Christ.
>>
>>74770590
How were there rich religious people then?
How was it then that all the early disciples of Jesus were poor? And Jesus championed the poor while lambasting Greed and the rich?
>>
>>74769899
Christians and Jews have been best friends for thousands of years. The people defending Israel the most are often the most ardent Christians. That is not disputable.
>>
>>74756157
It's completely false and anyone who believes this is a total moron. The church sponsored tons of scientific study during the "dark ages" which weren't actually so dark (the first renaissance was in the later middle ages).
>>
>>74756157
>le meme Christianism slowed down scientific progress
Why would that be just a meme? Christianity forced theology (totally useless subject) as no. 1 intelectual discipline for centuries.

>How to explain to degenerate liberals that their laws and morals are the legacy of Christianism?
Namely what? That bad people should have chance to repent their crimes? Puritanism?

>How to explain them that this religion was a medium for international diplomacy that unified western nations?
Didn't worked, t. Jiří z Poděbrad

>How to explain them that it helped maintaining social unity amongst peasants and shaped our most basic cultural concepts such as family?
Good point. Especially the bureaucracy for common folk helped us a lot in the long time, since Church effectivelly prohibited inbreeding. But I would not be so sure about shaping the concept of family. Family was already shaped by that time.
>>
File: capitalchrist.jpg (72 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
capitalchrist.jpg
72 KB, 480x640
>>74756157
>>74756879
>>74763661
>>
File: 1459097056205.jpg (542 KB, 1200x967) Image search: [Google]
1459097056205.jpg
542 KB, 1200x967
>>74766615

netherlands yes . oddly enough most of my family are retards
>>
>>74770674
As a percentage of global population though, those numbers are not more significant. You think it was atheists who dropped bombs on Dresden?
>>
>>74770753
They still accept Christ as their savior. It is still Christianity.
>>
>>74756157
change christian dark ages into muslims attempting to conquer europe
>>
>>74770729
1. If your first point is true, then it only supports my argument
2. The dark ages certainly were terrible, but again, the social problems the Romans had all went away, And Europe, while still Christian underwent the Renaissance
3. No it didn't it, Galileo's recant didn't suddenly stop scientific progress
Also, the biggest point is that Christianity somehow caused the Dark ages, no, Christianity did not cause the fall of Rome, Roman internal and external problems did.
>>
>>74771269
>Christianity did not cause the fall of Rome
>the massive schisms caused directly because of the Church and theological debates were useful

Read a book, child.
>>
>>74757146
>>74769022
>>74765124
>>74766784
>>74766901

those writings were kept by kings to keep their aristocrats educated and knowledgeable to keep their subject oppressed and illiterate. universities were and in many ways are still for the rich upper classes. even today if you can't afford to go to school, you have to get a predatory loan and employment still isn't guaranteed. my country is shit because of it.
>>
>>74771220
And its still only 1 sect, of Mormonism what accepted polygamy.
Throughout the bible, marriage is described as being between one man and one woman, from Genesis, to Christ's teachings.
>>
>>74771240
bullshit. we all know feudalism and civil wars were internal events. just because some middle eastern invaders came doesn't mean all of them were muslims and it didn't mean all of europe was in danger from having it's self-inflicted abuse in jeopardy from foreign abuse
>>
>>74771420
Explain how they contributed to Rome's fall
>>
>>74756157
Hey Pierre how the fuck do you measure "scientific advancement?"
>>
>>74771420
Which book should he read?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqzq01i2O3U
>>
>>74771546
Which Bible are you referring to? The one where Solomon was wise and had many wives? The one where women can be bought and sold? That Bible?

It doesn't matter how many sects of it there are. Is Mormonism Christian are not?
>>
>>74771632
>how does internal strife and conflict contribute to a nation's fall

Am I talking to a second grader? How old are you?
>>
>>74771651
Judging from his poor logic skills, any book would do.
>>
>>74771455
why would the rich set up schools and charities for the poor?
>>74771618
>implying feudalism was objectivly bad or good
it created a decentralized system of government preventing the tyranny of one king and localized government to an extreme degree, thats it, it worked for the time.
Wars will occur no matter what
>>
>>74756157
Relax. No one cares about Internet atheists' take on history, senpai
>>
>>74756157

>unified western nations

When?
>>
>>74756157
rome was christian allready. christianity didnt destroy it - barbars did
>>
>>74763661
Your civilization is already collapsed
>>
>>74771649
With le euphoric graph of course.
Modern science was brought about by both the enlightenment and the industrial revolution, the biggest social-economic event since the creation of agriculture. Clearly Christians had been actively preventing us from using steam engines in the 1300's
>>
>>74771661
>the people knew the planet was round

so why was the catholic church flat earthing?

>the university
>for the first time in the world you could go and study

who? the rich kids? oh right like they just allowed peasants in. like everyone was literate and it was a "land of opportunity" or some shit like that

>priest astronomer

yeah, because the church had a MONOPOLY ON EDUCATION

this video is shit
>>
>>74771710
God and the prophets didn't even want israel to have a king, and much of the old testament depicts them as failures, their own vices taking control of them.
I don't consider mormans Christians as they reject the trinity.
but back to the main point, In Europe and other Christian countries, polygamy was and is illegal and socially despised.
>>
>>74757833
>/pol/ is a christian board m8
No it's not. Atheism is redpilled. Worshipping a dead kike is not.
>>
>>74770900
>how were rich people religious

oh i'm sorry are you under the impression that there were no catholic monarchs ?
>>
>>74771803
So the council of Nicea brought the hordes of Atilla? The debates on the trinity prevented the already mounting social problems which had been around centuries before Christianity?
>>
>>74771420
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8438210/Fall-of-Roman-Empire-caused-by-contagion-of-homosexuality.html

i just read homosex did it
>>
File: fearofcommunism.jpg (54 KB, 599x449) Image search: [Google]
fearofcommunism.jpg
54 KB, 599x449
>>74757833
if /pol/ is christian

then /pol/ is blue pilled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZpJ7yUPwdU
>>
Wasn't the dark ages caused by raiders who kept burning book's and destroying cities while the Christians tried their hardest to keep the books safe and intact
>>
File: 1463680997182.jpg (48 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1463680997182.jpg
48 KB, 490x490
SPACE WIZARDS
>>
>>74772354
I'm under the impression that the idea that religion was used as a tool to oppress and placate the poor is fucking absurd.
>>
>>74772302
Try again. There is very little reference to Solomon outside of the context of him being wise, and it never said that him having multiple wives was bad.

And they still accept Christ as their personal savior. They cannot be anything other than Christian.
>>
>>74772458
No, the council of Nicea, as did Chalcedon and a litany of other councils, let the already fractious empire waste away into more internal fighting. Attila simply took advantage of this.
>>
>>74772640
>Peasant: You´re so much wealthier than me, MR.Nobleman!
>Mr.Nobleman; It´s because God granted me the right to be much richer than you
>Mr.Nobleman: But don´t worry! In heaven we´ll all be equal!

Works pretty well.
>>
>>74772640
then you're an idiot. religion has ALWAYS been used for that. open your fucking eyes.

how many republican nominees said that god told them to run for office?

bush jr said god told him to invade iraq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTm72CB2VCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dimU4Rv7f_Q
>>
>>74772192
>catholic church flat earthing
Do you really think that Catholic Church were american-protestant-stupid tier? See pic
>who? the rich kids? oh right like they just allowed peasants in. like everyone was literate and it was a "land of opportunity" or some shit like that
Peasants could go to monastery if they wanted to study. Also, rich is always better
>yeah, because the church had a MONOPOLY ON EDUCATION
No, because Church actually WANTED to give imbeciles education.
>>
>>74756157
>measuring scientific advancement
>not realizing the dark ages were caused by muslim and pagan invasions
>>
>>74756157
>Scientific advancement somehow went down at one point
when will this meme graph die
>>
File: dark_ages_myth.png (2 MB, 1386x4653) Image search: [Google]
dark_ages_myth.png
2 MB, 1386x4653
The OP chart assumes all science happens in Europe and nowhere else.
>>
>>74772831
So how did these councils cause the Roman military to decline? How did they contribute to mass unemployment? How did they cause the great migration wave of Germanic tribes into Western and southern Europe?
>>
>>74756157
1. Humanism comes straight out of protestant idealism and trends toward degeneracy
2. Refer to the Crusades, counter is schism
3. The divine rule of kings did indeed hold kingdoms together. Counter, all are equal in the eyes of god eg Magna Carta

Sorry, but Christianity invariably secularizes because it is factually incorrect and leads to degeneration.
>>
>>74773034
excuse me. i was mistaken.

saying that the earth was round is obfuscation when was there a trial of galileo

>the churches wanted to give them an education
oh, is THAT why they took indulgences and read prayers in latin?
>>
>>74773128
>muslim and pagan invasions

you mean christian kings in the middle of feudal wars hired mercenaries?
>>
>>74773255

Yes, because that's what happened shitskin
>>
File: 1463745470112.gif (922 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1463745470112.gif
922 KB, 640x360
>scientific advancement on the Y graph

tip tip tip
>>
>>74766615
how the fuck is iceland less inbred?
>>
>>74772954
>>74772900
I didn't know Jesus and his disciples were part of the rich white men council that decided how everything should be run for the next 2 thousand years. Jesus certainly was a super rich guy wasn't he, he never derided the rich or praised poverty and humility. And no rich person ever actually believed in God right?
And no rich person ever set up schools to educate the poor

What does Iraq have to do with oppressing poor people? the US never got any of the Iraqi oil.
I suggest you open your eyes man, the world isn't predictable like you want it to be.
>>
>>74773388
Because those councils lead to heresies, heresies lead to revolts and uprisings, which creates an exigency the Roman empire must quash. The mass migration is a response to the dearth of jobs, which was caused by the Roman empire not being able to pay everyone, because they were paying the Roman army to quell religious uprisings.

Logic is your friend. Use it.
>>
>>74759309
>No incentive to cure illnesses
Cure cancer so the worker drones can get back to work. Cure ADHD so little boys can be better cogs in the machine. Cure excessive agression so little boys can be better cogs in the machine. Cure Depression so people will be more productive. Increase stress limit through gene therapy so people can be more productive. Ted Kaczynski called, and it turns out that you're wrong.
>>
>>74773240
the decrease is that the knowledge and resources to keep stuff like roads and running water flowing was lost, largely because people stopped living in cities or traveling making this stuff useless.
>>
>>74770590
>encourage the catholic church to take indulgences

That's the Renaissance and Early Modernity you're talking about, not the "dark ages".
>>
>>74773955
oh right, because we have to apply jesus, a supposedly supernatural figure, to the temporal problems of mortals in regards to scientific advancement. it was so good of you to shift the goalposts around

>what does iraq have to do with oppressing poor people?

well, considering the majority of people who die in wars are civilians and the military is full of people who joined to get affordable college... maybe you're full of shit and should dance on a bear trap.
>>
>>74773504
Prayers were read it Latin, it must be part of a conspiracy to keep the poor stupid and has nothing to do with a deep Church tradition and having a religious language so church leaders could converse easily with each other across language barriers.
>>
>>74773955
It doesn't matter how wealthy Jesus was or wasn't. Jesus, if he actually existed, was a blank slate that everyone can apply their opinions. Again, it doesn't matter if rich people believed in one of the Christian gods or not, as long as they used him/them to oppress others. And rich people's handouts are not dignified.

George Bush said he believed that a god told him to invade Iraq. It was Christians at Abu Ghraib.
>>
How did advancement drop? Did people just forget things?
Also source
>>
>>74774214
prove it. show me some catechisms that pre-date the renaissance that don't advocate for crusades and admonish against "extra tithing"
>>
>>74756157
>Christianity is against religion muh Galileo muh heliocentrism!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%AEtre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micha%C5%82_Heller

Frenchanon, show them to degenerate illiterate liberals.

inb4, were you the one that yesterday poste about SSPX?
>>
>>74774346
>a conspiracy to keep the poor stupid

correct.
>>
>>74773997
Gladly,
So a military force able to quell a small religious dispute is obviously going to be just as adequate at fending off wave after wave of invading armies, and despite these revolts and invasions being years if not decades apart, because the Roman army had to quell dissent 100 years before Attila the Hun, their great grand-children were thus unable to fend off the Huns.
Brilliant
The Roman State was already in steep declien by the time of Constantine, the damage was irreversible, you can't just say it was Christianity's fault alone or in part for causing the fall of Rome.
>>
>>74774761
the trial of galileo happened.
>>
File: DSC_0146.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0146.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>74756157
/pol/ is a Christian board. Show me your Bibles or gtfo.
>>
>>74774550
You know, invasions.
Source: all the books you can find in this page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historiography_of_the_fall_of_the_Western_Roman_Empire

Plus, the Eastern survived because it succeeded in kicking out barbarians from the army
>>
>>74774346

If you let idiots selectively read the Bible without the proper background knowledge, you get Protestants
>>
>>74774259
We do have to apply Jesus here if your going to Insist that christianity, the faith which Jesus is the central figure, was solely created for the oppression of the poor.

Wars kill the poor most because most people are poor and those who are generally higher up on the chain of command, ie officers, generals and politicians are rich because that work requires an amount of education, and money to get elected. What do you think happens, the rich arbitrarily wage wars to kill off a lot of poor people for no reason?
>>
>>74775032

Canadians truly are the worst posters.
>>
>>74774905
>>74768217
>>74757833

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPpXY1aWKgI
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>74774904
You must be very smart.
>>
>>74773844
jayman is a retard and it's a meme map
portugal is "less inbred" than croatia but consider this:
it's normal to marry your cousin in portugal
in croatia, there was a long tradition of not allowing people to get married even if they were 6th cousins.
>>
File: keepemfightin.jpg (55 KB, 520x714) Image search: [Google]
keepemfightin.jpg
55 KB, 520x714
>>74775151
>i must teach about this prophet who helped the poor
>give us tithes
>follow this king with ties to the church
>for god and country
>>
File: plutarch.jpg (41 KB, 720x557) Image search: [Google]
plutarch.jpg
41 KB, 720x557
>>74775151
>>
>>74756157
If you can't explain it, then maybe you are wrong?
>>
>>74775259
what's that? you don't think evolution is real?
>>
>>74773998
I'm not a tinfoil hatter, but I'll play devil's advocate for a bit.

Cancer, ADHD, aggression, depression, and stress all can be extremely profitable when you're treating them but not curing them. It's the same reason they can charge $12 for a soda in the movie theater, you're already there, so if you want it then you pay whatever they tell you to pay. Likewise, if you're sick your options are pay for treatment or get worse:the longer they keep you alive but still sick the longer they can make money off of you.

There's no reason to believe there's a centralized, cross-industry conspiracy motivating this kind of shit. It's much simpler, just look at who actually stands to profit. The pharmaceutical companies don't give a shit about everyone else's workers, they can make more money off of an inferior product.

Another similar example is planned obsolescence of technology: look at apple. They design a computer or a phone, have slaves in China make millions of them, and have them break down in 5-10 years if not sooner while pumping out a new product every few months. It's not the most efficient thing for the people buying, it's not the most efficient thing for the people making apple's shit, but it's by far the most efficient way for the company to make money.
>>
>>74774802
>I have a set worldview, thus everything that occurs I'm, going to argue fits that view.
Ever consider that you're wrong? Maybe not everything is used to suppress the plebs?
The wealthy during the middle ages, secular and clergy didn't have the resources to open free schools for the poor and teach them to read. If you weren't aware, they would not be what we consider wealthy, often times feudal lords were not much better off then the peasants. and guess what, once there were resources enough, schools for the poor began popping up.
>>
>>74768217
>This is how you beat the Jews and Marxists.

You made me cry, anon. Best post ever read
>>
File: Cure_for_christianity.jpg (16 KB, 350x549) Image search: [Google]
Cure_for_christianity.jpg
16 KB, 350x549
Fuck you Christcuck paedophiles.

Why should we need to limit our freedom of expression just to be more tolerant to mudslimes? Religion is a mental illness and Islam is a condition worse than the rest. Freedom of speech is more important than your petty feelings related to your imaginary friend. Grow up, retards.

Christcuck leader's response to Mudslime attack:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/charlie-hebdo-pope-francis-says-those-who-ridicule-others-religions-should-expect-a-punch-9980192.html

Atheist leader's response to Mudslime attack:
http://www.salon.com/2015/01/07/richard_dawkins_goes_on_anti_islam_rant_blames_charlie_hebdo_massacre_on_entire_religion/

To be atheist is to be redpilled.
>>
>>74775582

ow the edge
>>
>>74758405
Silly. Crusaders did not attack Islamic Spain or the Ottoman Turks. The crusaders also attacked orthodox Byzantine and Russia.
>>
>>74775537
>maybe not everything is used to suppress the plebs

sure thing bro. there were never any books burned or people burnt at the stake. Karl Marx's hegelian dialectic about raising up the plebs is accepted everywhere. My pet hedgehog is an astronaut.
>>
>>74775485
Don't be fool. I am obviously joking: I know the process happened, but the meme "muh the Church reject science" is for fags.

inb4 I’m a mathematician, so do not start with the "muh religionfag always blame science because they don't understand it"
>>
File: Licheń_-_bazylika_14.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Licheń_-_bazylika_14.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>74775164
Edgy song for egdy teen atheists
>these comments
Such a cirklejerk

Dont forget that Jesus loves you, even if you're such a fuck.
>>
File: scientific-method-of-butthurt.jpg (60 KB, 818x465) Image search: [Google]
scientific-method-of-butthurt.jpg
60 KB, 818x465
>>74770590
>>74770729
oh look at that butt-hurt defense mechanisms and derailing attempt.
muh peasants rights
muh wimminz rights
>>
>>74775628
>ow the edge
Sorry I hurt your feelings Jamal.

jk get the fuck off this board.
>>
>>74772345
> Atheism is redpilled

(you)
>>
>>74756157
For the French here, view some videos by Terre et Famille, e.g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNnlYNQa4V8

That or take any great book of Jacques Le Goff.
>>
>>74775749
the church had a monopoly on education so the monarchs and aristocrats could stay educated and lord over the plebs. any rejection of science stemmed from upsetting the status quo because every knew discovery is a revolution.
>>
>>74775765
What's going on in this image?

My penis demands answers!
>>
>>74775582
Atheism simply has no future...

Atheists do not breed or have strong families. They enjoy the 'values' of divorce, homosexuality, abortion. Where are the Atheist birthrates?

Just not there. Atheism is a valueless system of rebellious pinheads like you.
>>
>>74775582
Atheist is a mental illness. There are more autistic people who are atheists than in any other religion. Coincidence, I think not, you communist faggot OP
>>
>>74775765
>beautiful church

yeah man, the money spend on that cathedral is helping so many poor people get educated. o wowz

>>74775765
>wimminz rights

there were women in the priesthood before the catholic church rejected them and actively admonished it
>>
>>74756157
But they did, Christianity in the dark ages was as bad or worse than radical Islam is today, people have very short memories and don't tend to read it seems.

Burning books, taking down monuments, killing thousands of people in gruesome ways, torturing, persecution, etc etc etc, all of these things were done in the name of Christ as they are done in the name of Allah/Mohamed now.

What you get now is a tame version of Christianity because of the religion numbness that has taken the west, the church and Christianity as a whole dropped the ball hard and people don't care any more, they have no credibility and are losing "believers" faster than they are gaining them.
>>
>>74775401
>i must teach about this prophet who helped the poor
Because Jesus literally told us to spread the word
>give us tithes
tithes are what funds the church and church activities, everyone knows this, its not a secret
>follow this king with ties to the church
who else would they follow? during this time the will of the peasants was generally irrelevant. During say, the 30 years war, soldiers were largely composed of professional mercenaries, not peasant conscripts
>for god and country
Propaganda is propaganda, people do and have used religion to justify their cause, it doesn't mean that that is the sole purpose of religion.
>>
>>74775582

>Religion is a mental illness
Oh, that's why it was present in every age. Everyone is stupid except you.

>Grow up retards
No thanks, I prefer not to grow up.

>To be atheist is to be redpilled.
You hope so.
>>
>>74775995
The Saint Vincent De Paul society does plenty for the poor.

Do you? Nope
>>
>>74775582
Europe was homogeneous when it was solidly Christian
its secular now and multicultural.
>>
>>74776055
>Oh, that's why it was present in every age. Everyone is stupid except you.
Religion is just the result of smart people taking advantage of dumb people that are scared of death and try to make a sense of life.
>>
>>74776043
lol tell me where in the new testament where it says help rich people or give tithes to a church?

he said help the poor, not give to churches.

>propaganda is propaganda
yeah, and it is the sole purpose of religion when justifying causes is the sole impetus of the continuation of religion
>>
>>74773504
Oh, that trail, what came in place becouse Gelileo say something like "If scripture is not compatible with what I say it must be changed", where Galileo, like a total retard, use ONE FALSE PROOF ("Tides are cused by Earth movement")and get BTFO by scholars. And WTF have Galileo (Heliocentric) to do with roundness of Earth?
>>
>>74775900
Poor argument Tyrone.

Mudslimes and niggers breed like rabbits. They breed even more than Christcucks, so according to you we should all give up, and convert to Islam and let niggers take over. Fucking despicable cuck.
>>
>>74756157
>HURR DURR WEEDA HAD FLYIN CARS N SHEEIT BY NOW IF IT WEREN'T FOR DA STUPID CHRISTIANS LOL

I can't stand this either. Christianity preserved science during the Dark Ages. The reason we had a Dark Age was because of the nigger-tier barbarian tribes that burned down Rome and fought each other's retarded kingdoms for centuries. No progress got done because the little government they had had no interest in science or thinking. The greatest scientists of the age were monks, friars and priests like Roger Bacon, and this would go on until the Renaissance, the era where most of the greatest scientists got their education in monasteries. Fucking retards.
>>
>>74775864
> Big Bang was discovered by a priest, Le Maitre

You are right, pal. Sorry.
>>
>>74776003
Hahaha no.

Roman life is definitely on the up and up. My parish has standing room only at all weekend masses. Just last Tuesday we had 125 people confirmed.

125 new entrants into Roman life. The Faith is growing in the onslaught of so called modern 'values'.

People are rejecting progressive liberalism.
>>
>It's a divide and conquer thread again
>>
>>74775692
>Karl Marx's ideas are not accepted everywhere
First off thank God and secondly, what kind of logic is this
these ideas aren't widely accepted, it must be a conspiracy, it can't be that the ideas are wrong.
>>
>>74776310
the fall of rome is more likely to be attributed to graft and nepotism than "pagan ruffians"
>>
>>74774905
>>74775760
Bless you German bros, I have a question for you, what is protestant Church like in Germany, don't most Lutheran Churches accept homosexuality?
>>
>>74776273
Okay you Godless apostate. Fine.

Take your chances raising a family in your progressive liberal society. Good luck with that.
>>
>>74776156
>In every age.

Please telaborate the "muh afraid of death", always my favourite argument to listen
>>
>christian bashing thread
>muslim flag
>>
>>74776483
Lutherans are gay as fuck.

They love divorce, abortion and faggotry.
>>
>>74775937
>Atheist is a mental illness.
Great argument. Now go and cure your sick child with prayers, then go worship your magic sky wizard when your child dies like a true cuck.
>>
>>74756157
What is the unit used to measure "Scientific Advancement"?
>>
>>74776273
> Implying that half of Africa isn't Christian
> Implying that Christianity isn't growing strong in Asia

Go being fag in another thread.
>>
>>74775995
Luke 7:36-50
the woman washed Jesus' feet with her hair and perfume, did Jesus condemn her for not using the money for perfume on the poor?
>>
>>74776613
Oh right, because the 'science' of Psychiatry and psychology are so much better?

What evidence is there for any mental disorder in the DSM-5?

No scientific evidence. Does ADHD have viable blood tests that can be reproduced? Nope. Modern 'mental health' exists to sell you pills.
>>
>>74776435
>>74776435
Yes I know, it was rotten from within, but the pagans who filled the power vacuum had no interest in science. They were the ones who ultimately chimped out and burned down the city itself. I'm just saying that the power and government structure was more responsible for the lack of scientific progress in Europe during the Dark Ages rather than what the 9fags claim. Kind of like how China was lost its scientific progress after having its civilization annihilated by the Mongols.
>>
>>74771034

Yes, you won't find an historian who uses the term "dark ages" except in quotes. There was a great deal of science going on, from clothing and manufacture, agriculture, power (water-powered mills and drilling) and more. And like you said, the "renaissance" happened about 300 years before most people believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_technology

is not bad.
>>
>>74776493
Don't worry pal, he won't have one. Liberalism is a modern illness and will die soon.
In 2200 we will be all dead, liberalism and marxism will be dead and the Church will be strong upon the world.
>>
>>74776003
>>74776347
Yes, Evangelical Christianity is growin as well, we were the only Christian group that grows in America and Europe and from 1960-2010 we grew 3 times faster than the word population and twice as fast as Islam, we stand at around 300-600 million
Christianity in China is growing rapidly, by 2030 there will be over 200 million Chinese Christians.
>>
>>74776723
Islam is growing in Europe. what is your argument? You still think we should submit to Islam like your fellow Christcuck suggested?

>>74776824
What are you talking about faggot? I'm taking the piss out of you christtards who think modern medicine causes autism and think talking to an imaginary friend is the best alternative for a cure.
>>
>>74777009
You know it. Amen.

My parish RCIA was chock full of young, attractive, wholesome, kind women. They want trad values, not modernism. They WANT to be mothers and wives.
>>
File: growing_strong_w1.jpg (295 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
growing_strong_w1.jpg
295 KB, 1920x1200
>>74777073
>>
>>74776613
magic Sky wizard, where did you learn that argument?
Also, do you actually think we try magic to cure sick people? we take them to the hospital like everyone else.
>>
>>74776711
Fedora tips+internet arguments wonxmlp episodes watched/women who rejected you
>>
>>74777271
>we take them to the hospital like everyone else.
Haha! Sure you do...

http://time.com/8750/faith-healing-parents-jailed-after-second-childs-death/
>>
>>74777185
>Not an argument. Can you read your own language?

Time 100 years and Europe will die, and the Church will stay. That's life: empires die, haters die, the Church remains.
Now please, go watching porn in \b\
>>
>>74776865

Funny thing about the barbarians, they were very quick to convert to Christianity, and they kept fucking up Rome anyways.
>>
>>74775582
>Fuck you Christcuck paedophiles.
>Why should we need to limit our freedom of expression just to be more tolerant to mudslimes? Religion is a mental illness and Islam is a condition worse than the rest. Freedom of speech is more important than your petty feelings related to your imaginary friend. Grow up, retards.

Christianity is a bulwark against islam. Go ahead and embrace atheism, then experience something 100x worse.
>>
>>74761113
Yeah, except where the people who legitimately aimed to make knowledge available to EVERYONE and acoid the "my shekels" clause would experience the medieval equivalent of being gunned down in the streets by, you guessed it, the grand cuck catholics that contributed to forcing every academic to be underground or spend centuries researching which hovel some dirty sand nigger socialist pissed in and how they can consume the remaining flecks of his holy semen

Jesus the french are as pathetic as ever,
>>
>>74777185
You don't understand the actualization of willpower.

There is great strength in prayer. You are just attacking everything traditional about our culture because it's popular to do so.

You're just another apostate rebel who thinks he is smart. You know what has a proven successful culture on this Earth for thousands of years?

Organized conservative religion.
>>
File: noreligion.jpg (62 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
noreligion.jpg
62 KB, 540x405
>>74776613
>Magic sky wizard

I think you have /pol/ confused with r/atheism.
>>
>>74771455
What if I told you that while oppresive feudal lords did exist, the lower nobility was just as much in shit as the peasantry they ruled over.
Further back then the fear of God and of Hellfire was ridiculusly strong, many people, nobility included tried to be genuinely just (like justice) people, and would not have deliberately kept people stupid.
>>
>>74777185
Islam is growing in Europe, what have Atheists done to stop it? Why is "refugees welcome" so popular in secular Europe and why are the most secular parties so in favor of mass immigration?
>>
>>74773826
huh
>>
>>74777230
So happy for you. My girlfriend wants to marry and have at least five children. I am just waiting to marry her and satisfy her dream.

That's how we will win the modernism.
>>
>>74756157
Here you go, OP.
http://www.cracked.com/article_20615_5-ridiculous-myths-you-probably-believe-about-dark-ages_p2.html
>>
>>74767695
/thread
>>
>>74757116
WE
>>
File: 1461745848488.png (378 KB, 440x442) Image search: [Google]
1461745848488.png
378 KB, 440x442
>>74776613
Atheism is the real bluepill.
>>
Daily reminder that Christianity is the ultimate redpill that unites the people in love of God, Nation, and Fatherland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hakb6S0IpgY
atheist cucks/jew shills can GTFO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAd72Gkfd4k
>>
>>74777657
Exactly so. We were raised during the rise of progressive liberalism. We watched them attack every aspect of our cultural traditions methodically.

And we see what it brings and we turn away and decide to have no part in it.

I found out an unexpected bonus of Roman parish life, the Sisters begin to play matchmaker after a fashion.

I couldn't imagine a Christian church without an organized Priesthood. And nuns.

Lutherans got it so wrong lol
>>
>>74777447
What's your point?

>>74777473
>Christianity is a bulwark against islam.
Is that actually what you believe?

Then why does your Pope think we should limit our freedom of expression to appease Mudslimes? Why do your leaders preach that we should be tolerant while atheist leaders know that Islam is the death of our society?

>>74777482
>There is great strength in prayer.
HAHAHAHA! Do you have any real proof of that? No? I thought so.

>>74777640
Because you Christcucks want to let them in to show your tolerance. Unfortunately you're the majority in western countries.
>>
File: Dawkins Pedophile.png (318 KB, 601x909) Image search: [Google]
Dawkins Pedophile.png
318 KB, 601x909
"Remember goy, there is no god. That's why 'mild pedophilia' causes no lasting damage. I got my dick fondled as a little boy which is why I hate God. Remember, no lasting damage."
>>
>>74777237
Yes, essentially, in 50 years time, all the mainline protestant churches that abandoned biblical teaching to stay relevant will die and all thats left in the west will be genuine Catholics. Orthodox and Evangelicals. We will have a Christian China and Africa to Save us from Islam
>>
File: 1374231119903.jpg (76 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
1374231119903.jpg
76 KB, 566x480
>christian dark ages
>not the COLLAPSE OF ROME AND DESTABILIZATION OF THE ENTIRE EUROPEAN CONTINENT THAT LEAD TO A HALT IN COMMERCE, TRADE AND EXCHANGE OF IDEAS
>>
>>74756669
uhh , I think OP is wanting to argue against atheists
>>
>>74756157
Ignoring everything else wrong, what are the units of measurement on that Y-Axis?
>>
>>74778052
The African Bishops were a true Godsend during the last Councils. They held the line and refused to budge for the more Libera European pontiffs.
>>
File: 1461783252653.jpg (95 KB, 862x1018) Image search: [Google]
1461783252653.jpg
95 KB, 862x1018
"Yes I browse /pol/ and am 100% White. Uh no I'm not religious wtf religion is the ultimate bluepill!"
>>
File: 1459204281007.png (194 KB, 1251x585) Image search: [Google]
1459204281007.png
194 KB, 1251x585
>>74756157
>not posted yet
>>
File: Dawkins BLM.png (138 KB, 1244x916) Image search: [Google]
Dawkins BLM.png
138 KB, 1244x916
Dawkins supports BLM.

Literally fuck off atheists. You are cucks by default.
>>
>>74777961
>Exactly so. We were raised during the rise of progressive liberalism. We watched them attack every aspect of our cultural traditions methodically.

Exactly. Now sit and watch modernism die. It will need time, but probably our grandchildren will be safe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tlsKBC6czQ

>I found out an unexpected bonus of Roman parish life, the Sisters begin to play matchmaker after a fashion.

Are you a nun?

>I couldn't imagine a Christian church without an organized Priesthood. And nuns.

Neither do I.

>Lutherans got it so wrong lol

Yeah but don't tell them or they will get offended.
>>
> ITT people rewrite history as Christianity never having any internal conflicts that centered solely around artistocrasy not bowing down to the church and the whole world getting fucked

> Claiming the crusades were anything but failed attempts to invade the sandniggers for anything other than drawing the attention away from thhe Vatican's shitty doings or other nobles (I;E the first 4 crusades) especially when you forget that the all holy church that protected all glorious memey morals ignored the sandniggers invading the Byzantine Empire because they didn't follow the right interpretation of mcsandkikeonastick
>>
File: 1463840185844.png (228 KB, 313x833) Image search: [Google]
1463840185844.png
228 KB, 313x833
>>74778003
>>Christianity is a bulwark against islam.
>Is that actually what you believe?

Meanwhile you are here calling christians cucks while the barbarians have taken over london

if your christcucks for fathers where here right now would laugh you right in your stupid face
>>
>>74778052
Completely agree, but I don't think Protestant will die. They "are wrong", but their faith is true and pure. Protestant are a bit fag, but they will save America from liberalism
>>
>>74777961
I really hope that the next generation after us will be super conservative

So, I'm a Born again evangelical protestant, what are your thoughts on that group?
>>
>>74776483
Well im actualy Polish catholic with small German root and im visiting Germany. I know German because my family values knowlege. I know something about the Situation in Germany tho. You cant call the east realy protestant its about 80% atheist and realy degenerate. But also has the most patriots. Bayern is probaly the most religious. The protestants in north west are the worst. Always voting socialist. They're the jew York of Germany. I see that protestants are more likely to become atheist, they dont value a lot of things.

Short Version: east are small but based, please nuke north west.
>>
>>74778365
I don't think Nuns would be browsing pol lol that would trip me out.

No, my local parish is a Shrine, and we have nuns in residence. They are very involved in hooking up younger Catholics lol.

Lots of activities and chances to meet a good, not woman who actually wants marriage without divorce and children.
>>
>>74778003
Yes, every Christian has the same political views, we all love mass immigration, every one of us and you can show that right?
>>
File: hj6QeWf.png (227 KB, 423x418) Image search: [Google]
hj6QeWf.png
227 KB, 423x418
Daily reminder that Christcucks are peadophiles.
>>
>>74778752

>reddit filename

checks out.
>>
>>74778294
Ever see secret of Kells?
>>
>>74778655
In all honesty I would look forward to a Reconciliation to the Reformation.

If Western protestors stopped protesting already lol and made steps to rejoin the True Faith, as it was meant to be practiced, with confessional, a dedicated Preisthood and global organization we could see a true traditional renaissance in the West.

A step forward, back to traditional family values.
>>
>>74778306
Meanwhile Evangelicals have the lowest support for BLM
http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2016/may/where-john-piper-evangelicals-stand-black-lives-matter-blm.html
>>
>>74778570
>Meanwhile you are here calling christians cucks while the barbarians have taken over london
Because Christcucks are the majority and they always want to show how tolerant they are.

>>74778747
>Yes, every Christian has the same political views, we all love mass immigration
Exactly.
>>
>>74778752
Not sure about the UK, but in America the Department of Education are the ones fucking all our kids.

Public school Teachers are actually the biggest pesos. Right behind family members.

The pedo Church is largely a meme.
>>
>>74756157
There's no y axis quantified. It's trash
>>
>>74778365
Amazing Mass, by the way.
>>
>>74778526
>crusades invading Mudshit countries that were recently conquered by Islam in an effort to take them back
>>
>>74778999
Yeah, I would like to have one church again, more so that we could have an established set of beliefs so you don't need to guess if a church actually believes the bible, we could know who the real Christians are or aren't. My problem is that I don't necessarily agree with every Catholic teaching, however I do accept that they are Christians so long as they accept Jesus and the bible. perhaps there could be a compromise that there would be a central church authority but some leeway at the local level.
>>
>>74779254
>mudshit coutries
>a succession of 3 empires that despite endless attempts to the contrary managed to beat back every christian offensive for the first 1000 years of its existence as a religion

I mean come on goyim I know sandniggers are disgusting but don't act like your pedo/pol/memepriests actually did anything beneficial
>>
>>74778003
>Is that actually what you believe?
>Then why does your Pope think we should limit our freedom of expression to appease Mudslimes? Why do your leaders preach that we should be tolerant while atheist leaders know that Islam is the death of our society?
First of all, not Catholic. Second, he is reported to say a lot of things, but if you read what he actually says it rarely matches.

>>74779140
>Because Christcucks are the majority and they always want to show how tolerant they are.
Lol no

>Brits among the least religious in the world: UK comes 59th in poll of 65 countries after only 30% of population say they have a faith
>>
File: Screenshot_11.png (18 KB, 212x489) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_11.png
18 KB, 212x489
>>74779140
>Because Christcucks are the majority

no they are not that is why they are loosing after 1600 years
>>
>>74779480
Some people deny confessional, though Christ commanded that we confess to one another. Some deny transubstantiation, claiming that there is no inherent power within the Divine Host. They claim it is merely symbolic. But then again, they have no Priests actually performing Mass.

Some don't like the Saints, though Protestants certainly venerate Luther and Calvin lol. The Saints stand as true historical example of how great men a day women found a path to God. Study of the Saints is a great history lesson.

Some dislike Papal Authority, though our Popes have an unbroken lineage back to Peter himself.
>>
>>74778590
Well there is a difference, I know this isn't really a thing yet in Europe but in America Protestantism is divided into mainline and Evangelical, mainline are the traditional churches like Methodists, Lutherans, Presbyterians. These groups are generally much more liberal in accepting gay marriage, abortion,, etc. and are dwindling in number, Evangelicals ,while having our own churches, are not so much defined by a denomination as by belief, we are Christians who most likely accept the Authority of the bible, that Jesus is the only path to salvation, and that it is important to spread the Gospel. There are Evangelicals who are members of mainline denominations, those who aren't, there are Evangelical Catholics. There is also the Southern Baptist convention, a mainline denomination that is, like other Evangelicals much more conservative and Evangelical in its beliefs. In America which is roughly 50% protestant, 25% Catholic and 25% everything else, about 25-35% of the total population is evangelical.
>>
>>74778716
Yeah, I would say the protestants (how many are left) in Europe really need an evangelical revival like what happened in America.
>>
>>74779997
Also, when I think of my favorite Evangelical I think of Bro. Dean colliding with Muslims :)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.