[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did they mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: Houthis_Logo.png (10 KB, 354x369) Image search: [Google]
Houthis_Logo.png
10 KB, 354x369
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>74728807
i dunno
>>
>>74728807
It means Saudis are going to get their shit kicked in
>>
>>74728807
Hdhdhaggsgsjdnlaldbdjcjfnd

In a nutshell
>>
my Swedish is kinda rusty currently, I wouldn't know
>>
>>74728807
Green text are halal
Red text are haram
>>
>>74728807
How about a translation? I can't read German.
>>
>>74729048
Shut up, Ivan
>>
>>74729134
It's Jānis, Mahmet.
>>
The first one reads "Allah Akbar"

Then

"Al-mut lamrikah
Al-mut lasranil
Al-l'nah 'la alihud
Al-nas.r allaslam"
>>
>>74729261
Is this a fundamentally good message?
>>
"Burn it 420"
>>
>>74729435
I'm persian. It's basically a message in solidarity with the Khomeinists of Hezbollah and Tehran. They're part of their axis
>>
>>74729578
Am I wrong for sympathizing with Iran?
>>
>>74728807
God is the greatest
Death to the USA
Death to Israel
God's curse upon Jews
Victory is for Islam
>>
"Allahu Akabar"
"Death to America"
"Death to Israel"
"Curse the Jews" (or some shit"
"Victory to Islam"
Your average propaganda
>>
>>74729024
top kek
>>
>>74729788
Hi!
>>
>>74729671
I do to some degree myself as do most Iranians. I don't like theocracy but American hegemony has been terrible for the middle east and stopped it moving forward. Sometimes this is unintentional result of befriending certain governments. For example the Saudis

Khomeini had a strategy to bring the Middle East under Iranian influence and it involved making external enemies of the USA and Israel. It didn't really work because Arabs hate Persians and Sunnis hate Shia. Even the houthis took a long time to become friendly to Iran.

The Iranian government continues the rhetoric but is moving away from it. They've befriended the secular KDP in Iraq and the secular Baathists of Syria. Right now Iran exerts control over Baghdad, Damascus, Beirut, Sanaa. Dubai, Oman and Kabul will easily cross over and perhaps Jordan one day.

If the Saudis can be removed without it turning into Syria then we have dealt with 95% of the problems of world islamic radicalism.

Obama is transitioning to normalizing relations with Iran. It'll happen in time. It almost happened under president Khatami back in the 2000's but drastic fallbacks after Bush and Ahmedinejad were elected. It will improve in time.
>>
>>74729725
>>74729788
Wow, uncommon.
>>
>>74728807
Hope
>>
>>74729671
Iran must be the only sandnigger country that is capable of being something more than playground for jihadist and or Usa's politics.
I mean have you been to Iran, its very decent on the middle eastern standards.
>>
>>74729725
>>74729788

I will explain something here. Persian is a very extreme language in some regards and this stuff isn't as literal as it seems. "marg bar America" transliterates to 'death upon america' but in context is closer to 'down with america'. It's not literally calling for death. The hardliners know this is antagonistic so they love this phrase, but it's very popular in Iran and they chant it for everything.

You see this in all persian phrases.

we say something lke "i'd sacrifice myself for you' meaning 'I adore you'

or "you can step upon my eyes' meaning great thanks"

persian doesn't transliterate well into english it will be very nonsensical and extreme.
>>
>>74729982
Thank you for you answer.
>this is unintentional
I don't think so, sadly. Maybe in past, but right now nothing look unintentional. Radicalism is a great way to keep Arabs forever stuck in their own ass, and Arabs themselves are dumb enough to play to the tune of West.
>>74730195
Iranians are pretty cool.
>>
>>74730553
I go back to Iran pretty frequently still. The pace of change blows my mind. In my father's youth everyone was illiterate in our village and my father was one of the very few that went to school. When I was young in the 90's it was all dirt roads and very few cars. There was rubbish everywhere because people didn't understand this new product called plastic doesn't degrade like previous organic material.

In the past 10 years though. Despite the sanctions now everybody has a nice phone, every family has a nice car, every family has a computer and illegal satellite tv to introduce them to the world. New houses are much bigger and sophisticated. My generation all went to university and our village has many doctors, engineers and some scientists in biology and cosmology. This has been happening in many places in Iran. This all happened under sanctions so I can't think what will happen in the next 10 years.
>>
>>74730275
But that's arabic, not persian.
>>
>>74732670
yes but they're from Persian khomeinist slogans
>>
>>74732670
from the wiki

>The group's flag reads as following: "God Is Great, Death to America, Death to Israel, Curse on the Jews, Victory to Islam". This motto is partially modeled on the motto of revolutionary Iran, which reads "Death to U.S. and death to Israel".[68] Both Houthi supporters and leaders stress that their ire for the U.S. and Israel is directed toward the governments of America and Israel, rather than Americans or Jews as individuals. "Regarding the words 'Death to America', we mean American politics, not the American people", says Hussein al-Hamran, head of Foreign Relations for Ansar Allah.[4] Ali al-Bukhayti, the spokesperson and official media face of the Houthis, has also rejected the literal interpretation of the slogan: "We do not really want death to anyone. The slogan is simply against the interference of those governments [i.e. U.S. and Israel]".[69]
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 330x790) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 330x790
>>74729134
>expecting Ivan the potato man
>is no Ivan
>in Latvia
>is secret police
>>
I will never understand how people can decipher arabic. Shit looks like scribbles a 3 year old would write.
>>
>>74735075
agreed. Worst language ever
>>
>>74728807
is this what REDACTED documents look like in genie language?
>>
>>74735075
it's far easier to read than english. At least the letters represent the sounds they have and you can read any words. English reading and writing makes very little sense. I could teach you to read Arabic script in less than a week but english takes a long time to learn
>>
>>74734763

Come talk about future european elections
>>
>>74728807
"God is great"

"Death to America"

"Death to Israel"

"Curse the Jews"

"Victory for Islam"

It's all the same rhetoric you find in any disenfranchised Muslim country. In this context, they (the Houthis) see the Saudis as complicit with the US/West and consequently revile them by extension.

>>74729261
you made some mistakes, nice try though man.
>>
File: gal3_014.jpg (85 KB, 733x431) Image search: [Google]
gal3_014.jpg
85 KB, 733x431
>>74735075
you're underestimating the language. Arabic calligraphy can be beautiful. This picture is composed entirely of words in arabic.
>>
File: document.png (89 KB, 612x938) Image search: [Google]
document.png
89 KB, 612x938
>>74735330
yep, here's an official document.
>>
>>74735482
no this is specifically khomeinist slogans.
>>
>>74735769
I've seen them used in a lot of other places man. The sentiment is echoed throughout disenfranchised areas of the middle east. The slogans are very general.
>>
>>74729788
Religion of peace
>>
>>74728807
Looking at those red bunny head symbols, I assume they ask for Playboy magazines.
>>
>>74729788
Rare flag
>>
>>74729048
Muhammad
Sucks
Goat
Dick
PBUH
>>
>>74729261
a polish arab.

dafuq?
>>
>>74728807

kebab with lamb
spicy chicken kebab
vegetarian falafel kebab
kebab and drink combo
kebab and 3 year old girl
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.