[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why was the 90's so carefree /pol/? https://www.youtube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: 90.png (580 KB, 861x572) Image search: [Google]
90.png
580 KB, 861x572
why was the 90's so carefree /pol/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cjdz3c31ZM
>>
>>74714847
people will say that exact same about the 00's in 5 years
>>
90s to esrly 2000s
>>
>>74715057
After 2007, they won't.

This is when social singularity was achieved.
>>
I do kind of miss the times when cameras were a novelty and not completely ubiquitous
>>
>>74714847
This makes me so sad and angry. I never had friends in highschool, I never had people tell me they'd miss me, so why do these shitters? I feel like I missed out on what was supposed to be the best time of my life. Fuck.
>>
>>74715057
>9/11
>2008 economic crisis
>beginnings of 10s-era SJWism
Probably not
>>
>>74714847
>>74717035
Rose colored lenses.

It's human nature to look at the past and feel "things were better back then". It's probably because we tend to selectively remember good times more than bad times, and after a while you start to forget the things that made you feel bad and thus you mostly remember what made you feel good.

It's easy to justify because it's easy to say "well X is what makes now bad, X didn't exist back then" but then you forget that Bad Thing Y existed back then but Bad Thing Y doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>74717310
If OP was telling us about the video that might be true. Look at it. Watch that video and then tell me things weren't better.
>>
>>74714847
>tfw aussieposter posts vid of high school you used to go to
>>
>>74717384
I had an iPhone 3GS senior year of high school (09-10) and I took a lot of similar candid videos back then. If you watched them you'd probably get a similar feel.

I deleted most of my pictures and videos taken back then because of storage space (I had a 32 gig 3GS then funneled down to a 16 gig 4 so I was constantly battling for memory, this was before iCloud became a thing and even then you're only allotted 5 gigs which is almost nothing) but I kept the more important ones.

Even today kids are probably recording the same kinds of videos on their camera phones. Anon, I hate to be that guy but if you're basing your entire logic on seeing a video that depicts a style of life that you didn't encounter in high school then maybe you were kind of a loser back then.
>>
>>74717927
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjdDPooH-bs

>autistic manchildren, le lightsaber fightz!
>shy, introverted girls who never approach guys
>generally boring atmosphere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0B9y4DoZZQ

>chill, likeable bros you'd hangout with
>girls are engaging and fun
>you genuinely feel like you wanna jump in and congratulate these folk

>y-yea guys i-it's just nostalgia!
>>
File: e8a5w9s.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
e8a5w9s.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>74717310
No seriously, you all need to figure this out.

You are interpreting the experience of that time through the lens of technology.

Those who say the novelty of cameras equipment back then was really preempting peoples reactions to shit. Now people don't have reservations to tell you to fuck off one way or the other.

Take a look at George Godley, flirting creep:

in the 90s, a vritual god: https://vimeo.com/geogodley/europetravelogue

more recently, a complete tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuweFGUDJbc

and today, well, a total degenerate: https://vimeo.com/150903455

The man himself (and the times) probably haven't changed as much as the technology you are understanding the past with and our reaction to it.
>>
>>74717927
Yes I know I was and still am a loser when it comes to social interaction. My little brother is will be in the last year of highschool next year and he's super social. You won't fucking believe the stories he comes home with. He has LBGT alliance bracelets on his arm, supports otherkin bullshit and is super popular in his class. That is what's cool now. Things will never be the way they were again.
>>
>hilarious memes 24/7
>kids already mastering post-irony
>instant instant entertainment, be it old or new
>girls horny as hell
>free society

kids today have it good
>>
>>74714847
You have a warped view of the 90s. Id guess you didnt grow up in that time. They werent some fairy tale of love and happiness.
>>
File: 1422068386993.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
1422068386993.png
65 KB, 285x276
>>74714847
>5:17
>I'm going to miss you a lot
>and you're going to write to me everyday

I didn't ask for these feels.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 239x211
>>74714847

Kill me ..
>>
>>74718719
Did you have a lobotomy done, dude? He was always a fucking retard. "virtual god?" Kill yourself. Also, why the fuck did it not occur to you that he aged 20+ years in the mean time and THAT might have something to do with why girls don't like his as much?

I feel like I'm surrounded by complete idiots most of the time.
>>
>>74714847
90's were so carefree because it was so easy to be ignorant, with the increase of the internet everybody pushes every event world wide into your face
>>
File: image.png (139 KB, 917x871) Image search: [Google]
image.png
139 KB, 917x871
I wish I could redo high school
>>
>>74714847
High school? They all look like they're in their 20s. Fucking xenoestrogens.
>>
>>74718931
>They werent some fairy tale of love and happiness.

Exactly. Everything was hardcore, no hurty-feely shit. No one gave a fuck about things like social justice or trigger warnings etc. Even nerds back then weren't fucking playing with MLP or some girlie shit.
>>
>>74719117
It was this but also there were less problems to be aware of. People literally believed it was the "end of history" and all major political questions were resolved as everyone would gradually conform their countries to the American/European liberal democracy model. Poor countries were still bad but they would get better as they industrialized through globalization. As well, computer technology was finally so advanced it would lead to full education for all and a literal global consciousness facilitated through the internet. People even still believed we would continue to explore space, like as an inevitability with permanent bases on moon/mars in the next 50-100 years.

When I think of the "slacker" personality type in the 90s, well, that seemed like a reasonable way to react to the world. Everything was handled and taken care of, so why not chill out and enjoy it? Today, people are nervous and freaked out as it's obvious that things are not being taken care of and there are going to be some big problems coming up.
>>
>>74714847
>Tfw you didn't call all the hoes at your high school honey
>>
comfy vid
>>
>>74719377
Yeah but pop culture then was gritty because we found it entertaining, because the real world was doing well and we could indulge in darkness as a novelty. Our pop culture today is happy and friendly as a reaction to the fact that people can't deal with reality.
>>
>>74719117
How I wish I can go back to being carefree and ignorant.
>>
We are so fucked right now. What the fuck happened? lol
>>
>>74719240
You want to repeat the same awful memories over?

You're not any different. You're still a loser.
You'd still be the loser if you did it over.

I just want to nuke my whole hometown, and hunt down anybody who might possibly remember.
>>
>>74719240
no you dont
>>
>>74714847
Good music, great games and people still had imagination and innovation.
No fucking PC culture bullshit.
>>
Also we were younger.

There was hope in the future.
>>
>>74719492
No you dont, we have to at least rescue this world for our children. Then we can enjoy it with them.
It wasn't our fault, but its not theirs either and we're better than just letting it all go to shit.
>>
>>74714847
The government hadn't yet brought 'diversity' into white neighborhoods aside from major cities. We had not yet let in tens of millions of Mexicans and other third worlders, the police state was just getting its legs and the Internet was young so the Jews had to control people's minds by tv, movies and local efforts.
>>
>>74719870
There is hope again, if that fails its war time.
>>
>>74719675
>>74719705
High school wasn't some awful experience for me. I wish I could redo it and be able to experience what a high school social life was like.
>>
>>74719810
pc culture revved up in the 90's dudeski.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (8 KB, 236x172) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
8 KB, 236x172
Ya the 90's were perfect

Just look at the columbine graduation in the 90's

oh wait
>>
>>74718778
>Super social
>Super popular

invest in a thesaurus
>>
>>74719919

>The government hadn't yet brought 'diversity' into white neighborhoods aside from major cities.

wrong, this started in the 1970s with affirmative action. You just weren't old enough to notice it yet

also the mexicans came in the 1980s, schools were fucked before the millennium began
>>
File: 1439467327634.jpg (185 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
1439467327634.jpg
185 KB, 580x435
>>74714847
People are being contrarian. Factually speaking the 90s were incredibly peaceful for americans. In between cold war and 9/11, economy decent, fun cars were cheap.
>>
all the people in that video are chads and stacys they have fun and enjoy life no matter what generation they are born in
>>
Posting in a Things Were Better Back Then thread.

1987: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA

2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8n11y2lxrE

You're lying if you think people haven't changed.
>>
>>74719353
This, mawfucka. I was looking through my girlfriend's mom's HS yearbook from the early 80s. There were dudes in there who looked older than me at 17 than I do at 25. Girls all look the same as they do now, though.

I really think we are basically farming cucks and traps with all the xenoestrogens and pissed out, unmetabolized birth control hormones in the water supply. It's just happened so gradually, we barely noticed.
>>
>>74720334
>>
>>74720123
>oh boy that guy I don't know said a word TWICE while he was hungover and it was early in the morning!
>I better call him out on it right now!
>I am so smart! Hey mom, come look how I told this person they suck the way you always tell me! Hahaha!

Fucking hang yourself you human waste.
>>
The Soviet Union fell and technology was advancing
>>
>>74720334
shut up you pathetic r9k fagohod
>>
Education hadnt become a full blown marxist training camp yet
>>
>>74720455

or, more likely, gentrification occurred. Our grandparents were factory workers and soldiers, our parents may have started there but moved onto white collar jobs. Kids don't go outside as children anymore (due to stranger danger) and thus their bodies are just smaller in the first place
>>
something happened in the late 90s where people became more materialistic and bitchy, then in the mid-2000s social media totally changed the way people talked and made people self conscious and narcissistic
>>
>>74720495
right because you're not one of those people who constantly says super. It's the new "literally" and it's extremely grating
>>
>>74719353

this. what the fuck
>>
>>74720433
or, you know, filming people isnt a novelty. follow cute vine boys if you want to see people responding happily to being randomly filmed
>>
>>74720631
I haven't talked with my voice to anyone in weeks you god damn retard.
>>
>>74714847
No fucking cell phones everywhere, all the time. You made plans, you kept them, you didn't surf your phone on fucking dates -- you talked to people.
>>
Looks like from the YouTube comments the guy who filmed this video is dead. He was my age when he died in 1995. Huh.
>>
>>74719380
>>74719475
Some heavy shit in this thread.
>>
The most obvious change is in demographics. the US was still 80 percent white in 1995. It's 60 percent white today 20 years later.
>>
>>74714847
>cheap oil
>collapse of the soviet union
>china much less meaningful.
>sand nogs recently put into their place
>>
People didn't discover internet in mass.
>>
>>74721303
And that was really regans fault
fuck california
>>
>>74714847
Bill Clinton. I think the 80's were better though.
>>
>>74716944
College is the best time of your life
That and being single or divorced
>>
>>74719353
This is what people used to look like before growing up on pokemon and power rangers. These are the children of usa cartoon express. The greatest generation.
>>
>>74720604
I don't think you know what gentrification means.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.