[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't we just let immigrants do 100% of the scienti
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 19
File: michio-kaku-0314-mdn.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
michio-kaku-0314-mdn.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
Why don't we just let immigrants do 100% of the scientific / technological work for us? Michio Kaku says our educational system is terrible and regular US citizens are too dumb to handle STEM jobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qty1xqvQBrA
>>
He was trying to make the point that we need to fix our k-12 education system, not that we should rely more on immigrants. He's right. Too many HS graduates are not even legitimately college-ready when they get out.
>>
>>74703009

No, he literally says US citizens aren't smart enough to do these jobs and that the American scientific establishment would collapse without immigrants.
>>
Because they have no incentive to assimilate. I don't care about your race because ethnicity is what wars are faught over, not race per se. I don't want these people to stay in my country just because they make liberalism look good on the face of it. It doesn't work in the long run, and everyone knows this.
>>
>>74703176
Yes, because our education system is shit.

You are clearly the kind of American he's talking about. You don't have the slightest clue what point he's even trying to make.
>>
>>74702857

Too dumb = Too expensive
>>
>>74703410

Did you even watch the video? What you're arguing is what the other guy was talking about, not Michio Kaku. Michio Kaku said HB1 visa immigrants aren't taking jobs from Americans because Americans can't do their jobs and he didn't say the solution is to fix our education system, he said the solution is use our HB1 visa to bring in immigratns who can do these jobs.
>>
invite everyone

dont teach citizens anything
>>
>>74703559

*H-1B
>>
>>74702857
>>74703176
>>74703559
Educate yourself, you stupid faggot
>http://www.amazon.com/Limits-Possibilities-Schooling-Introduction-Sociology/dp/0205142001
>http://www.amazon.com/Diverted-Dream-Community-Educational-Opportunity/dp/0195048164
>>
File: 1252795856041.jpg (82 KB, 552x532) Image search: [Google]
1252795856041.jpg
82 KB, 552x532
>>74702857

It's funny how everyone seems to agree that the US education system sucks and then turn around and say teachers aren't paid enough or appreciated...

Why appreciate someone who's doing a terrible fucking job? That's where the problem is, the system is made by clueless bimbos for clueless bimbos. The dumb girls I went to highschool with are now teaching at my highschool and I'm not even thirty.

We can fix the education system through privitizing but before that we need to separate sports and academics, make it a 50/50 gender split for teachers and only hire teachers above the age of 30 so the teachers are at least in theory more mature than the students.
>>
>>74703559
I watched the video a while back. The man was talking about the fact that our schools don't prepare kids for college, especially in STEM fields. Just because you have a chip on your shoulder related to immigration doesn't mean the dude thinks we should be abandoning American kids.
>>
>>74703716
communism infiltrated public school.
>>
>>74703716
Implying it's the teachers who suck and not the administration
>>
They exist to be cheap labor for corporations

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/the-bogus-high-tech-worker-sho/
>>
>>74703796

>The man was talking about the fact that our schools don't prepare kids for college, especially in STEM fields.

That's not what he's talking about at all. You're either not remembering what the video was about or you just misunderstood it, but either way, Michio Kaku didn't say anything about schools needing to be fixed to prepare kids for college. His point in that video is very single-mindedly emphasizing how important the H-1B visa is and how these immigrants are the only ones who can do these jobs.
>>
File: just.png (56 KB, 157x146) Image search: [Google]
just.png
56 KB, 157x146
>>74703866
>everything left of what I like is Communism

Get real hoss. Liberal sympathies are a big part of Academia, no doubt, but our schools are a long way from enforcing Communism.
>>
File: 2012-PISA-rank-6nC.png (136 KB, 416x1349) Image search: [Google]
2012-PISA-rank-6nC.png
136 KB, 416x1349
>>74703716
The US education system is fine

the only people that bring down the scores are niggers and spics
>>
>>74703919
This
>>
>>74702857
i like kaku but this vid is from 2012. is it even still relevant?
>>
>>74703968
Are you fucking retarded? I played the video for two seconds and heard "educational system" like 5 times right off the bat. The man is CLEARLY referring to the problems we face educating young people in this country because of our unacceptable educational system.
>>
Michio Kuku is a fake scientist.
>>
>>74702857
>Michio Kaku
literally who? our colleges are the best in the entire world
>>
>>74703559
Why don't American companies train American citizens for these jobs then? Companies are trying to exploit cheap foreign labor, cutting corners to save money. It saves them money to go around laws this way. It's not because they can't find any domestic employees, or that unreasonable wages would have to be paid to attract the require domestic talent. It's because companies are exploiting these foreign temp workers and treating them like local sweatshop workers.
>>
>>74704001

this. same goes for crime stats
>>
File: 1463879974237.jpg (19 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1463879974237.jpg
19 KB, 480x480
>>74704147
Too bad our primary education is shit and the students who get into the those best colleges in the world come from America's private and prestigious high schools that cost more to attend than a state university
>>
>>74703919

Why not both? Stupid administrations hire stupid teachers.

>>74704001

If it's fine we wouldn't get so many complaints about it. It sucks. It could be doing way better. We all know that.
>>
>>74704241
even our public, lower-tier universities are quite decent
prestige is nice but not necessary
>>
>>74703996
pretty naive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX3EZCVj2XA

it's truly this simple.
>>
>>74704102

You have some weird agenda in your mind that you're superimposing on him when his message is clearly "we need genius foreigners." Like I said, the other guy who talks after Michio Kaku is the one arguing your point, not Michio.

>America has a secret weapon! That secret weapon is the H-1B, without the H-1B the scientific establishment of this country would collapse! Forget about Google. Forget about Silicon Valley, there would be no Silicon Valley without the H-1B. And you know what the H-1B is? It’s the Genius Visa! Ok. You realize that in the United States 50% of all P.H.D. candidates are foreign born. At my system, one of the biggest in the United States, 100% of P.H.D candidates are foreign born.
>So don’t tell me that science is the engine of prosperity, you remove the H-1B Visa and you collapse the economy!
>In the Wall Street Journal editorialized in the Congress who wanted to ban the H-1B, saying they will take jobs away from the American people. The Wall Street Journal said: β€œLook, there are no Americans who can take these jobs, these are at the highest level of high technology.” They don’t take away jobs from Americans they create entire industries
>>
>>74704068
>i like kaku

Why? Isn't he just another TED talk tier talking head?

>>74704326
Because it's full of niggers/spics

white kids aren't even the majority anymore.
>>
>>74704241
Is there a problem with that?
>>
>>74703716

I don't believe that teachers should necessarily be paid more, but it's kind of obvious why low teachers salaries would result in shit teachers. If you're a smart young grad who just got a degree in a demanding STEM field, why would you choose a 50k teacher job with terrible prospects over a job in the industry that would have you earning six figures within a couple years?
>>
>>74704241
Some state schools are among the best colleges in the world. The US currently has a STEM worker surplus. Kaku is just full of shit as per usual.

http://spectrum.ieee.org/at-work/education/the-stem-crisis-is-a-myth
>>
>>74704410
And you conveniently ignore the part where he repeatedly says "educational system," completely ignore the part where he repeatedly complains about the "educational system"

Stop doing that. It is so dishonest and stupid. You are blatantly misrepresenting this man's argument in order to advance your own agenda.
>>
File: STEM-article-Swathi.jpg (55 KB, 922x683) Image search: [Google]
STEM-article-Swathi.jpg
55 KB, 922x683
>>74704410
which is a retarded point because that's not what the H1-b system is about

It's about getting cheap code monkeys from India

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/04/the-myth-of-americas-tech-talent-shortage/275319/

You seem like one of those really low information goys that believes everything he sees on television.
>>
>>74704418
> white kids aren't even the majority anymore
kek, where do you live, you poor fag.
>>
But we literally already do that
t. I live next to UIUC
>>
>>74702857
isn't that rich, some japanese gook demanding that THIS country needs to take in more immigrants.
>>
>>74702857
You just need private schools as far as I can see, focusing on STEM and all that jazz.
>>
>>74704623

He never once says we need to fix our education system. He says repeatedly we need the H-1B visa.
>>
>>74704326
>If it's fine we wouldn't get so many complaints about it
Most who complain about our system always bring that ranking up whenever the issue comes up. None of them saying why the numbers are like that in the first place. Take away all that minority garbage, and suddenly the USA is competing with European and Asian nations, and have a crime rate that is similar as well. Latinos are aids, and blacks are cancer, the USA is infected with both.
>>
>>74704723
Then you're clearly fucking retarded and only hearing what you want to hear. He says clearly that the problem is the educational system. God, you are so dumb.
>>
>>74704857

>Then you're clearly fucking retarded and only hearing what you want to hear. He says clearly that the problem is the educational system. God, you are so dumb.

Not an argument.

He never once says we need to fix our education system. He says repeatedly we need the H-1B visa.
>>
>>74704368
True, four-year institutions in America are good, but it means fuck all for the aggregate of incoming students who come from high schools that do not properly prepare them for university standards. I don't think a university should offer remedial courses as many do. I don't think a university needs programs to integrate low-achieving students.
They need to GTFO higher education and go to trade school. Why suffer being a shitty student when you can head to the top of vocational work? Our government doesn't seem to understand this and wants everyone, literally fucking everyone to have a bachelor's degree.
>>74704448
Yeah, the problem is public schools not being held accountable for its failure to produce students of high enough calibre to enter university without needing remedial courses or handholding at the expense of taxpayer money. A high school degree should have prepared them for the work force or freshman year of college.
>>74704571
I was just pointing out that elite high schools on the east coast have costs and rates that are higher than state schools. I think four-year colleges in the U.S. are the best in the world.

Again, our HIGH SCHOOLS are fucked up beyond belief
>>
>>74703410

This. There is nothing wrong with White or Asian student material per se, they'd be more than capable of learning everything required in a field like CS. But your problem in education is too much affirmative action and dropping the standards so that even the people who shouldn't be in college in the first place can meet them. This has led to the point where the fresh graduates in CS do not know how to program at all. I worked in SF for several years and I was a part of the team creating interview questions for the potential candidates and also interviewed them: about one in eight even passed the preliminary test which was for the entry level position. The reason why H-1B visas are a thing is because there's little to no local talent to fill the jobs, so they look for people from abroad to fill said jobs.

Fix the shitty education system, get rid of affirmative action, raise the standards so that stupid apes and women won't be able to pass even out of pity and people will start respecting the local degrees more.
>>
>>74702857
Well half the country can barely grasp evolution, so he's not wrong.
>>
>>74704639
You can find article after article on this stuff jsut by googling

The sheer laziness of people that support H1Bs is astounding.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-20150802-column.html

http://fortune.com/2013/08/05/the-myth-of-americas-missing-software-engineers/

http://spectrum.ieee.org/static/the-stem-crisis-is-a-myth-an-ongoing-discussion

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-shortage-of-scientists-and-techies-think-again/

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-real-truth-about-the-stem-shortage-that-americans-dont-want-to-hear-2013-5

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/the-stem-shortage-myth-a-reality-check-for-it-employers-and-employees/

you can find article after article after article

the US is in no need of more nerds

All more nerds means is lower wages for the nerds currently here.

>>74704695
In the US
>>
>>74704723
About 0:20 in the OP vid, he said the US has the worst educational system of the industralized world.
>>
>>74704919
Kill yourself.
>>
>>74704934
It's true

All the democrats believe in racial equality
>>
>>74702857
Michio Kaku is also afraid of his neighbors who greet him in the elevator, A+ class sperg fucktard.
>>
>>74705027

That isn't the same as saying we need to fix our education system. He doesn't say why it's the worst and he doesn't say anything about changing it in any way. His point is all about how we need the H-1B visa.
>>
>>74704990
http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-the-scandal-of-engineering-visas-20160226-column.html
>>
>>74703996

I'm graduated HS in 2011 and a large portion of our assigned English was SJW tier shit. We studied like one Shakespeare play per year and the rest was all on the topic of feminism and oppressed dindus.

And this was in a "good" school system in an affluent county where many of my classmates went to Ivy League or otherwise top ranked Universities.

Given this, it's hard to deny the existence of a left wing indoctrination agenda behind public schooling.
>>
>>74704990
what city or town kek
>>
>>74705136

>I
>I'm

fuck
>>
>>74705115
Even the NRO, the biggest cucks on the planet don't believe in it.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/378334/what-stem-shortage-steven-camarota
>>
>>74703796

It has nothing to do with our education. It has to do with the fact that our schools are such multicultural shit holes that kids are getting distracted by other kids who don't give a shit.
>>
>>74705184
Dallas

90% Mestizo 10% black
>>
>>74704700
way to misrepresent everything all at once.
>>
>>74705200
http://www.sciencemag.org/careers/2016/03/displaced-american-stem-workers-spur-senate-hearing
>>
>>74705080

source?
>>
>>74702857
So we let in STEM immigrants who are already educated, as a way to fix our education system?

Just how retarded are you?
>>
>>74704923
>I was just pointing out that elite high schools on the east coast have costs and rates that are higher than state schools.
That's true but it's also not really relevant here. People being sent to exclusive private high schools and the like are being groomed for the very top levels of society. You don't need to be the son of a senator to become an entry level engineer or PHD candidate in physics whereas Kaku is somewhat imply you do.

>Again, our HIGH SCHOOLS are fucked up beyond belief
That's also true but again it's also not super relevant. We can't place all of our college graduates with the shit compulsory education system we have, improving it would only exacerbate the problem and make Kaku even more wrong.
>>
File: 1338794842659401797.png (193 KB, 870x656) Image search: [Google]
1338794842659401797.png
193 KB, 870x656
>>74705271
shut up cuck

Japan took in like 2 Syrian refugees last year

Yet somehow they're just fine without all the Muslim intellectuals.
>>
>>74705054
And all the republitards believe the bible is a historical text.
>>
>>74703176
brain drain is terrible for 2nd and 3rd world countries
it's odd how lefties don't see it
>>
>>74705184

Miami is only 14% white. South Florida is like 40% white I think.
>>
File: 1784947897.jpg (419 KB, 1479x1479) Image search: [Google]
1784947897.jpg
419 KB, 1479x1479
>>74705136
>brother is at a community college
>earning his A.S. degree in welding
>needs to take English, History, Speech and Biology courses for general requirements
>Yeah, I suppose that's good and all, you need to be a well-rounded and well-informed citizβ€”
>GENDER IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT, WHITE PRIVILEGE IS A SOCIAL DISEASE, AMERICAN IMPERIALISM DISPLACED AND KILLED MILLIONS OF PEOPLE OF COLOR, WHEN SPEAKING TO A MINORITY OR WOMAN, KEEP YOUR VOICE LOW AND DON'T TRIGGER THEM
>brother's face when
For fuck's sake, just let him weld pieces of metal together
>>
>>74705383
http://www.itworld.com/article/2718456/enterprise-software/are-scientists-lying-more-than-ever-.html
>>
The jap hires H1bs that get paid much less than Americans with similar (or better) education. H1b hires have less leverage to move employers in accordance with the rules of their Visas. Whereas an American MIT grad has tons of offers and is more free to leverage them than an H1b and can negotiate higher pay.

The jap is not addressing the cost-saving issue and instead trying to grandstand politically.

Money is at the root. This jap chose to make a political statement instead.
>>
>>74705383
that's because Japan is a homogenous society so everyone is like-minded. here in America you have like 4-5 different major ethnic groups on campus fighting with each other causing distractions for other students. that's the same reason countries like Denmark have been so successful in the past.
>>
>>74705487
The "muh well-rounded" argument is fucking stupid. It's literally just an excuse to extort money from college students and shackle them with debt for life.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 878x666) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 878x666
>>74703176
Yes I agree...

Fuck this gook smug asshole
>>
File: Indians cheating on exams.jpg (622 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Indians cheating on exams.jpg
622 KB, 2048x1536
>>74705386
The Cruz missiles do

>>74705504
>more East Asians and South asians
>more fraud

makes sense
>>
>>74705383
he's simply applying the principals that brought the US to prominence.
>>
>>74704990
>>74702857
>>74705541
read this:

http://www.eagleforum.org/publications/psr/apr16.html
>>
>>74702857
American education system is a joke, especially when it comes to math and science. It's about time we cut all useless liberal art classes and focus on the stuff that actual matters.
>>
>>74705386
this doesn't sound nearly as stupid anymore in light of all the fairy tale bullshit the left believes in
>>
At my school here in Florida we'd have like 2 loudmouth Sicilians and a couple black kids and a latino making a ruckus and being distruptive for the whole class. It's incredibly distracting. So it's not much of a surprise that students don't do well in these multicultural shit hole schools we have. Some of the best schools in the country are high percentage white.
>>
>>74705591
Not being well-versed in American history, how American government works and how to be an active citizen is one of the reason why the American people are so subjugated into complacency.
>>
>>74705541

I got paid as much as my American colleagues, I doubt you know what you're talking about senpai
>>
>>74705764

Most people just learn that shit like an hour before the test and then forget it all afterward.
>>
>>74705639
I would say more millennials more fraud makes even more sense.

>>74705754
Of course it does. Especially in light of how much muh jewish fairytales bullshit has gotten blown the fuck out in modern decades. Exodus is a total lie, Jesus almost certainly never existed and neither did Moses, David or Solomon. The most hilarious part though is that the flood myth isn't even the jews' - they just stole it from the Mesopotamians and chopped bits off of it.
>>
>>74704700

Its not his fault that North East Asians are more intelligent than your average white american.
>>
>>74705752
You'd have to keep music and art programs, it's the US' second largest export.

be damaging a lot of the economy.
>>
So what are your stances on the H1B visas then?
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 245x250
>>74703009
>>74703410
>>74703796
>>74704102
>>74704623
>>74704857
>>74705039
What are you? How do you make it through the day with out accidentally killing yourself?

There is NO way you could watch the video and think what you do.

There's no way you're white. No way.

You're almost certainly an Asian, a Hispanic, or some other kind of filthy fucking immigrant. Who of course is come fully packed with its own superiority complex

Hang yourself waste
>>
>>74705919
Students don't put what they learned in civics or government into practice. Some private high schools have field trips where students visit their state's capitol building, meet congresspeople and listen in during a bill proposal or something of the like. All super fucking as shit, but it's important to be involved in that.
The public schools can barely afford textbooks from this century.
>>
>>74705669

banning Chinese immigration?
Hating East Asians in general?
Replacing the white population with pooinloos?

>>74705937
And you'd be wrong

asians have no concept of truth and love cheating.
>>
>>74703919
Implying it's not the 100 million black and Hispanic students who have intractably low genetic IQs who make the schools bad. Sure thing bud, it's the administrators.

If you took out the blacks and Browns, America would be ties for 3rd worldwide in acerage IQ. And our colleges are the best in the world without question.
>>
>>74703559
>Michio Kaku said HB1 visa immigrants aren't taking jobs from Americans because Americans can't do their jobs and he didn't say the solution is to fix our education system, he said the solution is use our HB1 visa to bring in immigratns who can do these jobs.
he's wrong.

http://spectrum.ieee.org/at-work/education/the-stem-crisis-is-a-myth
>>
>>74702857
He's right, you know?
>>
>>74706226
>butthurt boomer faggot
>>
>>74706465
Can't wait for East Asians to purge all filthy inferior IQ gaijin from this planet
>>
>>74706622

You spurn out degree holders but that doesn't make them a capable software engineer or developer if they know very little about programming. The education standards have changed massively while the private sector's hasn't.
>>
>>74705764
it's better to simply end the majors for these subjects but keep the classes open than let 170k history majors graduate every year to fill spots at fast food joints.

also, even after taking classes that address these very topics, you get sjw's and marxists coming out of universities.
>>
>>74705487
lol in the same boat as your brother
>>
>>74702857

he's right /pol/. we lost
>>
>>74706996
the h1b visa program is about money, not competency.
>>
>>74704695
There are white kids every where. Blacks are still the minority despite your living in the inner city because you're poor.
>>
>>74707287

So explain me this

>>74705825
>>74704933

The fact is that your average CS graduate today doesn't know nearly as much as an European CS graduate, which has everything to do with your education system.
>>
>>74705416
they dont care about immigrants.

they care about letting them in so that they do all the shit jobs, pay taxes and support their free shit programs.
>>
>Bring in H1B poo in the loos
>Poo in the loo comes from a dog-eat-dog low trust society
>Poo in the loo only hires other poo in the loos
>Whitey is shut out of the job market
>Whitey starts asking for dibsmedats
>Dindu says "welcome to the club."
>USA becomes a dog-eat-dog low trust society

Am I the only one who doesn't want 3rd world values in my country.
>>
>>74705346
Opie and Jimmy.

Jim Norton lived in the same building as Kaku, and whenever Jim tried talking to him, he'd yell and shuffle away like some retard.
>>
>>74707642
>The fact is that your average CS graduate today doesn't know nearly as much as an European CS graduate, which has everything to do with your education system.
That sounds like a sweeping generalization. Probably because it is.
>>
>>74702857
Well yea, it makes sense

Since only americans are dumb enough to pay kaku the absurd amount of money he makes for theoretical physics, aka bullshit

>what if we built a spaceship out of anti-matter
>kaku thats the fucking stupidest thing i've ever heard
>don't worry, it's THEORETICAL
>>
File: 1461929871890.png (228 KB, 378x372) Image search: [Google]
1461929871890.png
228 KB, 378x372
>import turd worlders to save cash
>unemployed locals everywhere
>immediately blame the victim
>start insulting them and demoralizing
>people begin to believe the lies

Standard Jewish trickery.
>>
File: 1437712508946.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1437712508946.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
>>74707642
>The fact is that your average CS graduate today doesn't know nearly as much as an European CS graduate
You must be delusional.
>>
>>74707907
You also forgot
>come from shit-tier country
>gubmint kills you if you cause trouble
>gubmint also openly corrupt
>but you turn a blind eye
>come to first world country
>never oppose authority
>turn blind eye to everything
>think gubmint can solve all problems

Non-whites in America disproportionately support gun regulation, in fact the only demographic that very consistently supports gun rights is rural whites. Guess which demographic is getting replaced?
>>
>>74703716
Public schools used to do better because they had not been run by government for that long and had every aspect of a private school. To make schools good again just privatize and trim all the fat of useless people in schools doing jack shit.
>>
>>74708070

You work in the field for 11 years and review the applicants once in a while, see for yourself. There's a fuckton of CS degree holders who are incapable of producing the simplest of programs and it's a major issue in the industry. It has everything to do with your education system and nothing else.
>>
You already do pretty much
>>
>>74703716
>only hire teachers above the age of 30 so the teachers are at least in theory more mature than the students.

I remember in my high school we used to have a teacher in her twenties with great tits... She used to fuck one of the gym teachers during school and try to be friends with most of the Chads and Stacies...

You are not wrong
>>
>>74702857
Why does this gook give a shit about the US anyways?
>>
>>74708313

>higher standards, fewer people getting into dem programs because college isn't as big of a meme in Europe
>zero AA, at least in Finland
>Master's or more is generally the standard to become employable

Do you know the first thing about programming? Have you done a CS degree in an American university? Explain me, why can't the fresh graduates program themselves out of simple interview questions like "print numbers from 1 to 100" or create a simple database?
>>
>>74702857
Michio Kaku should have died in an internment camp.
>>
>>74705591
Well-rounded is a left over from when "liberal arts" meant something. As in you were a free man. No one is strictly a slave anymore. We learn "liberal arts" in grade school.
>>
>>74708469

America's education system is fine. If you factor out black and hispanic test scores, US test scores will be on the same level as any western European nation.

solution: create a tiered school system where white and asian students go to college prep schools and black and hispanic students go to trade schools. Every creed and every race has it role and has its place
>>
>>74709031
so rude :(

why you guys hate Japanese?
Japanese in US having lower crime rate and higher IQ than white americans.
>>
>>74709560
We do not hate the Jaoanese, just revisionists who think US internment was about harming the Japanese not protecting them from getting their skulls smashed in by good ole boys.
>>
>>74704410
>We NEED them
>but the countries they come from don't need them

How does this make any sense from a leftist's perspective?
>>
All asians are to busy eating rice, driving sports cars and sniffing shitty panties to give a shit about science.
>>
>>74708547
I'm aware that there are some incredibly incompetent degree holders but that doesn't make what you said any less of a sweeping generalization. Everyone I know from college that majored in CS landed a job that they had no problems excelling in.
>>
>>74710209

Asians memorize and copy things. but they cant invent and create things from scratch. Their lack of creativity is their Achilles heel.
>>
File: Farage.jpg (143 KB, 735x845) Image search: [Google]
Farage.jpg
143 KB, 735x845
>>74710073
>How does this make any sense from a leftist's perspective?
WE GLOBALIZED NOW EVERYONE IS EVERY COUNTRY NO BORDERS
>>
>>74710436
Tell that to the guy who created Supar Mario Bros.
>>
>>74704418
>>74704534

Yeah and Mrs. 22-Year-Old Huffington Post Reading Liberal Girl is the one in the system who's pathological altruism is making them focus more on those poor little minorities.
>>
>>74710556

Well then how come Nintendo has made nothing but rehashes of Mario or Zelda? I'll be honest don't know much about the gaming industry since I don't play Chinese video games.
>>
>>74710249

Fine, I'm sorry for making a generalization but there's still a disproportionate amount of incompetents compared to a graduating total. Which would lead me to believe that there's something wrong in your education system.
>>
>>74710969
This nigger knows what's up.

I only play video games from South Africa. Don't know about nipnongese games.
>>
>>74705825
Wait why are you back in Finland then? Why didn't you get promoted at the company like your American colleagues?
>>
>>74711107
There's obviously a lot of things wrong with it but I don't see the solution to it being to import people who have the exact same problem of not really understanding their job. Based on your experience I'm sure you've seen at least a few examples of the quality Indian code that gets produced when outsourcing and replacement starts happening.
>>
>>74711370

Because I left after landing GC and making enough money, I'm half-retired these days. The doors to the States are open if I want to return.
>>
Yeah I'm sure it's a coincide that he wants a safe border for Japan but doesn't want the same for the US.
>>
>>74711544

The company I worked for wasn't involved with outsourcing for incompetent monkeys, but I've heard my share of horror stories. There's zero reason for them to be in US, even the incompetent grads could do a better job than them.
>>
>>74711981
Well then we're more or less in agreement on this issue. The US is obviously capable of producing quality technical workers but the economics of it simply aren't attractive to the technical or education industry. The real problem will be when it starts to hamstring the defense industry's ability to stay ahead of the competition, but that's too far in the future for anyone to worry about now when there's money to be made.
>>
>>74702857

That faggot unironically believes in free will.
>>
>>74710455

fuck hes got a cheeky smile
>>
>>74711719
So how do you feel knowing you came here, boosted our county and our economy, then went back to your country to retire?

Wouldn't Finland have done better keeping you at home, building up their own economy?
>>
>>74708951
Master Program is the standard in Europe because your bachelor degrees are worthless. Also European education is subsidized by the state which means the quality of the education is lowered since anyone can then enter and their is no incentive to raise standards.

Also your just flat out lying about the competency of our CS graduates. I'm currently in my third year at a high tier CS college in the US and all of my classmates are working for high tier companies like Google or starting their own startups. I've been to universities in the Europe, more so at KTH in Sweden. The students I met their had half the CS skills me and my US classmates had. But I know your just baiting because printing "numbers from 1 to 100" is something my 14 years brother could do.
>>
>>74712664

Why would I ever want to pay taxes to this shithole? The refugee fiasco last year just proved me right about our shit politicians and sheeple people. Besides, I paid far less tax than I would have in Finland with a same salary (and let's be honest I wouldn't have got the same salary here). Gamed the system a little, all legally of course.

>>74713210

Should've said Master is the standard in Finland, bachelor's is far from useless in UK or Germany or France. And you can keep spouting memes about the superiority of US education but the painful truth is that it's pretty fucking shit. Neither was I baiting about applicants not being able to solve printing 1 to 100, I've seen folks fail that many times. Your CS graduates not being able to program is a massive problem and it's not just me saying it.
>>
food tech/bio tech = the future.

stem jobs are as useless as lawyers and wymyn study.
>>
>>74713210

And just so we're clear, very few people here attend university in comparison to US. Entry is based on merit on entry exam and past educational success, not family name or money. Those who can't get in attend polytechnics or trade school.
>>
>>74714206
In the realm of those countries a bachelors degree is useful, but its not demonstrably as good as a bachelors from the US. I also am not trying to put forth some sort of American education exceptionalism. I recognize that CS has become a meme in the states, but our CS education and graduates are far from shit. We are the hub for CS in the world. We house all of the major CS businesses and people flock from all over to go to uni here for CS. Every year the US graduates more top tier CS graduates than any other country.

I am not inclined to believe their is some sort of education epidemic from some minor anecdotal evidence.
>>
File: ChjhL-mWMAAs0yr.jpg (55 KB, 600x589) Image search: [Google]
ChjhL-mWMAAs0yr.jpg
55 KB, 600x589
what he really said
>>
>>74714504
>not family name or money
that kind of back door admission is only for Ivy leagues which comprise only 2 of our top 10 CS colleges. I'm also not arguing that countries like yours don't produce quality CS graduates, I only try to argue the overall trend that an American education is usually the most valued education when it comes to universities. Although I do admit that we are slipping.
>>
>>74702857
You can tell he hates White people. They all have the same look in the eye.
>>
>>74702857
>John Miano and the Center for Immigration Studies
>No empirical data to support a claim of employee worker shortage

No labor shortages

High-tech companies often cite a tech-worker shortage when asking Congress to raise the annual cap on H-1B visas, and have succeeded in getting various exemptions passed. The American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), described the situation as a crisis, and the situation was reported on by the Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek and Washington Post. Employers applied pressure on Congress. Microsoft chairman Bill Gates testified in 2007 on behalf of the expanded visa program on Capitol Hill, "warning of dangers to the U.S. economy if employers can't import skilled workers to fill job gaps". Congress considered a bill to address the claims of shortfall[61] but in the end did not revise the program.

According to a study conducted by John Miano and the Center for Immigration Studies, there is no empirical data to support a claim of employee worker shortage. Citing studies from Duke, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, Georgetown University and others, critics have also argued that in some years, the number of foreign programmers and engineers imported outnumbered the number of jobs created by the industry.

It's a giant scam to displace Americans by the Democratic Party.
>>
>>74702857
Our education system is fine. We have way too many (non-asian) minorities to expect to compete with homogeneous 1st would nations like Japan, Korea, and many European countries; despite all the /pol/ memes about Europe currently getting cucked by mudslimes, the percentages just aren't as bad as the US yet. Whites are bordering minority status in many states here... in particular in the south, where the education systems results are the worst.

As long as we still have suburbs with schools that are ~90%+ white, we will be fine. We do not need everyone to be educated at the same level as you see in countries like Japan, as most of our citizens are too fucking stupid to compete at that level and should be in trade schools anyway. We just need our elites to be able to flourish in decent schools and not be dragged down by the rest, which is still happening. As things get worse and whites become minorities in more areas of he US, obviously we will get into trouble, but not yet.
>>
>>74702857
>H-1B visas to address labor shortages was erroneous.

Paul Donnelly, in a 2002 article in Computerworld, cited Milton Friedman as stating that the H-1B program acts as a subsidy for corporations Others holding this view include Dr. Norman Matloff, who testified to the U.S. House Judiciary Committee Subcommittee on Immigration on the H-1B subject. Matloff's paper for the University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform claims that there has been no shortage of qualified American citizens to fill American computer-related jobs, and that the data offered as evidence of American corporations needing H-1B visas to address labor shortages was erroneous. The United States General Accounting Office found in a report in 2000 that controls on the H-1B program lacked effectiveness. The GAO report's recommendations were subsequently implemented.
>>
>>74702857
>several studies from Hal Salzman, B. Lindsay Lowell, Daniel Kuehn, Michael Teitelbaum and others have concluded that the U.S. has been employing only 30% to 50% of its newly degreed able and willing STEM workers to work in STEM fields.

>A 2012 IEEE announcement of a conference on STEM education funding and job markets stated "only about half of those with under-graduate STEM degrees actually work in the STEM-related fields after college, and after 10 years, only some 8% still do".

Studies carried out from the 1990s through 2011 by researchers from Columbia U, Computing Research Association (CRA), Duke U, Georgetown U, Harvard U, National Research Council of the NAS, RAND Corporation, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rutgers U, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, Stanford U, SUNY Buffalo, UC Davis, UPenn Wharton School, Urban Institute, and U.S. Dept. of Education Office of Education Research & Improvement have reported that the U.S. has been producing sufficient numbers of able and willing STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) workers, while several studies from Hal Salzman, B. Lindsay Lowell, Daniel Kuehn, Michael Teitelbaum and others have concluded that the U.S. has been employing only 30% to 50% of its newly degreed able and willing STEM workers to work in STEM fields. A 2012 IEEE announcement of a conference on STEM education funding and job markets stated "only about half of those with under-graduate STEM degrees actually work in the STEM-related fields after college, and after 10 years, only some 8% still do".

Ron Hira, a professor of public policy at Howard University and a longtime critic of the H-1B visa program, recently called the IT talent shortage "imaginary," a front for companies that want to hire relatively inexpensive foreign guest workers.

Michio Kaku is a fraud and a liar.
>>
>>74704326
>If it's fine we wouldn't get so many complaints about it. It sucks. It could be doing way better. We all know that.

you can't look at the results in aggregate, you have to look at them by race. You couldn't expect low IQ races to be able to compete with asian nations. When our asian/white population starts to get dragged down because of the shit tier minorities, THEN we can start to complain about our education system.

Obviously people complain about it because it looks terrible when you include all of the low IQ idiots into the statistics. Those people should be in trade schools to begin with - in fact if anything sucks about our education system its that we do not recognize low IQ students as such and force them into trade schools at an early age. Thats the only way we could be doing better.
>>
File: 1459674604289.png (293 KB, 460x528) Image search: [Google]
1459674604289.png
293 KB, 460x528
>>74702857
>Flood White Countries with 3rd world young cock.
>Where da white womenz be at

H-1B Age discrimination

In Fiscal Year 2014, 72% of H-1B holders were between the ages of 25 and 34, according to the USCIS "Characteristics of Specialty Occupation Workers (H-1B): Fiscal Year 2014", Table 5 of the report denotes that only 3,592 of the 315,857 H-1B visas were approved for workers over the age of 50.[91] Computerworld has reported on H-1B age discrimination within the program, and in the case against Disney World's H-1B replacement tactic, age discrimination is an aspect of 2015 court filings.
>>
>>74703716
Education sucks because teachers cant hit kids anymore. Even when I was in high school 10 years ago the students were fucking awful to the staff and I don't see public education being fixed unless ran like a prison to keep all the fucking monkeys in check
>>
>>74702857
Americans are dumb because they always fall for the STEM meme. Engineering and math are the only fields in STEM that have opportunity left, but every loser goes into Comp Sci thinking they're going to be the next Bill Gates or make games, when Pajeets are doing the actual work.
>>
>Program has resulted in exploitation of both visa holders and American workers

The H-1B program has been criticized on many grounds. It was the subject of a hearing, "Immigration Reforms Needed to Protect Skilled American Workers," by the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary on March 17, 2015. According to Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa, chairman of the committee:

β€œThe program was intended to serve employers who could not find the skilled workers they needed in the United States. Most people believe that employers are supposed to recruit Americans before they petition for an H-1B worker. Yet, under the law, most employers are not required to prove to the Department of Labor that they tried to find an American to fill the job first. And, if there is an equally or even better qualified U.S. worker available, the company does not have to offer him or her the job. Over the years the program has become a government-assisted way for employers to bring in cheaper foreign labor, and now it appears these foreign workers take over – rather than complement – the U.S. workforce.”

According to the editorial board of The New York Times, speaking in June 2015, loopholes and lax enforcement of the H-1B visa program has resulted in exploitation of both visa holders and American workers.
>>
>>74717577
What an incredibly stupid comment.
>>
Literally more than half the k-12 students in the US are room temperature IQ black/browns.

Gee, I can't imagine why our education system isn't producing geniuses.

I guess we need to do a study to prove white racism is at fault.
>>
>>74702857
>implying (muslim) immigrants know how to build anything other than a sand castle
>>
I dont have a problem with H1B because I'm not one of the assburgers on here who fell for the STEM meme

I'm not even against immigrants for economic raisins. The jobs they're taking will be automated in the next decade or so anyway. I just don't want the crime they bring. I used to live in a nice area of upstate NY that is turning into little Mexico because of NYC and their sanctuary city bullshit bleeding out into here.

Another future problem will be when automation advances further, and if we keep up with this population boom of unregulated immigration we're never going to be able to support all these people.
>>
>>74707735
They care about the immigrants because the immigrants vote for them and for no other reason.
>>
>>74717859
Good argument.
>>
>>74717577
This is the stupidest comment in the thread so far. None of us had any delusions of being the next Bill Gates or a game programmer. We went into it because we were told it was a good chance to get a job that would support a middle class life, unlike any number of much easier and less math-intensive majors like Wymyn's Studies or Sociology.
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.