[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maria Strydom "accidental death" on Everest - she was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12
http://www.baka.com.au/national/australian-woman-and-dutch-man-die-on-mount-everest-20160521-gp0r6l.html
>Australian academic Maria Strydom and Dutch mountaineer die on Mount Everest

OK /pol/. This chick recently made the news about dying - but I couldn't help but ask "why".

I looked up her research biography - just look at it.

Pic related.

>corporate governance,
>executive compensation,
>governance of financial institutions,
>corporate finance,
>capital markets research including imperfections and anomalies,
>earnings quality,
>regulatory changes and
>behavioural accounting/finance research

I smell murder guys. This is just too coincidental. She's studying how to fix the financial system.

Anyone got lectures or papers - she might have created something that just "vanished" and reappeared somewhere.
>>
>>74700492
Yeah this should be a lesson to everyone trying to create or fix something world changing. You should never go on trips like this or "accidents" will happen
>>
>>74700492
Everest kills. Sounds like her and her husband were unprepared for the mountain. Im all for good conspiracies but this is just literally two retards trying something they weren't ready for and they paid the price
>>
>>74700492
CLIMB THE ICE
PAY THE PRICE
>>
>>74700676
Well I am in that boat right now.

Like I don't know what the fuck people can do in a world that is brainwashed or murdered in 1984esque ways.

YOU DO IT TO YOURSELVES NWO/BANKS. NOTHING BUT DOOM.
>>
>>74701547
>Sounds like her and her husband were unprepared for the mountain

Sure were, they didn't have weapons clearly.

I love being a level 2 citizen though.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: everest-corpse-1[1].jpg (51 KB, 580x373) Image search: [Google]
everest-corpse-1[1].jpg
51 KB, 580x373
>>74700492

Like 15-20 people die every year in the Everest. Everybody knows women suck at climbing.
>>
>>74701672
climb the mountain
could die be careful
>>
>>74700492
>vegans can do anything
>she wanted to prove vegans were not weak

>also I am strong womyn
>Everest 29,000 ft
>death zone 26,000 ft
>her highest climb Aconcagua 22,838 ft

What is high altitude climbing?
""""never been in the death zone"""" so lets just tick the highest off the list first.

http://monash.edu/news/show/lecturer-faces-new-heights
>>
>>74701672
CLIMB EVEREST
PAY SEVERANCE
>>
>>74701672
PAY THE IRON PRICE
>>
>>74701672
YOU GOTTA PAY THE TROLL TOLL
TO GET INTO THAT BOYS HOLE
>>
>Australian academics

stopped reading right there
>>
>>74700492
Do you fags not understand how climbing the Everest works?
You will be walking by literal scores of frozen bodies. Nobody ever even picks them up just because of how much of a hassle it would be.
Mount Everest is fucking dangerous.
>>
>>74703640
>muh ashkenazi master race
>>
File: Green_Boots.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
Green_Boots.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2736
>>74703841
pic related
Tsewang Paljor here has been lying their since 1996. He has become such a casual fixture to the landscape used for climbing Everest that he has gotten the nickname Green Boots. Some times the weather forces climbers to step right over him to get through.
>>
>>74700492
She just sounds like your typical thirty-something rich girl who wants to "experience" new things and decides to "climb" fucking mount everest (which basically means being roped all the way by sherpas).
>>
>>74703841
No you problematic sexist pig! Womyn can do ANYTHING they put their minds to!
<33333

for real tho, so many people think climbing everest is a "mental challenge" that anyone who is in reasonably good shape can accomplish if they have adequate mental fortitude. This is simply not true, you need years and years of experience, and climbing a couple 12 thousand foot peaks is not enough And then the die, or worse, put the lives of others at risk.
>>
How do you fake altitude sickness, a stroke, and snow blindness?
>>
>>74704198
That's really creepy

More stories please
>>
>>74700492
>More dead dumb white people

Don't these assholes realize they missed the end of the exploration age by at least 100 years? There's not point LARPing as an adventurous colonial conquering peaks. None of these faggots bother to actually climb one of the unconquered peaks still left on earth. I want to see someone attempt some more of the Baffin Mountains.
>>
>>74703640
>cause it won't happen to me right.

>>74704391
On the face of it.

That's why I looked deeper.
Then I found she had the same exact degree needed for this world.

And now she's gone.

Funny coincidence considering they are going for the kill. The panama papers people. Download it - find the closest one - destroy target.

Only hope.

Every rich person is on it.
>>
>>74703484
kek. I just started watching that yesterday. On season 3. Good so far.
>>
>>74705687
>Don't these assholes realize they missed the end of the exploration age by at least 100 years?
Nice shill.

I was clearly more worried about that degree and her "accident"

She had to have died unnaturally.

They are killing dissenters now. The king is murdering his citizens.
>>
File: everest.jpg (18 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
everest.jpg
18 KB, 400x300
>>74703260
>her highest climb Aconcagua 22,838 ft
Aconcagua isn't even a technical climb. And altitude sickness can happen to the most experienced. I climbed over 6000m one year with minimal problems but the next year was wheezing for my breath at under 5000m. Everest isn't the most difficult mountain by a long shot but it's still not something for the minimally experienced. Too many people do it for bragging rights and think their money will solve any problems they have up there.
>>
File: 1411027059576.jpg (26 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1411027059576.jpg
26 KB, 413x395
>>74703591
kek

But still.

This shit is FUCKED.

>>74705116
By owning the media.
>>
File: 1463676088733.gif (121 KB, 500x542) Image search: [Google]
1463676088733.gif
121 KB, 500x542
>>74700492
nothing of value was lost you faggot.

pick related
>>
>>74705458
Francys Arsentiev’s story is particularly poignant because unlike Fischer or Paljor, she was alive when climbers first found her in distress. She’d become the first American woman to reach the summit without supplementary oxygen on May 22nd 1998, but became separated from her climbing partner and husband, Sergei, as the two descended.

Arriving back into camp on May 23rd to find that Francys wasn’t there, an exhausted Sergei turned around and headed up the mountain to rescue her. On his way up he passed a team of Uzbek climbers who’d abandoned their own summit attempt to help Francys down as far as they could, but they had been forced to give up when their own oxygen ran out.

“‘DON’T LEAVE ME,’ FRANCYS MURMURED TO O’DOWD.”

Neither Francys nor Sergei made it back to camp that night. The following morning, climbers Ian Woodall, Cathy O’Dowd and their team were amazed to find what they’d thought was a body still alive. “Don’t leave me,” Francys murmured to O’Dowd. But immobile and slipping in and out of consciousness, she was already beyond rescuing....
>>
>>74705116
Actually, there might be many ways.

Medication "mistakes" for starters.

She did alot of degrees(mental stress) and took vitamins - no doubt she probably took something that murdered her.

Aspirin?
>>
>>74706163
After spending nearly an hour with her in temperatures of minus 30, Woodall and O’Dowd were forced to turn around. In her book Just for the Love of It, O’Dowd writes: “I had never encountered anything like this. I had passed bodies, I had had friends not come back, but I had never watched anyone die. Nor had I had to decide to leave them.”

Of Sergei, they had seen nothing but it later emerged he’d fallen to his death trying to reach his wife. Like green boots, Francys’ body lay right next to main North Col route for years, passed by hundreds of climbers going to and from the summit.

In 2007 Woodall returned with the express intention of moving Francys’ body out of sight, covering it with an American flag and placing a note from her family on the corpse.
>>
>>74706160
For you jews anyway.

Fuck off she had no value. She could have stopped the end of this forced revolution that is about to occur. Just like the 1920's.
>>
File: 1456185182023.gif (2 MB, 263x270) Image search: [Google]
1456185182023.gif
2 MB, 263x270
>>74706286
ok faggot, your sheckles are showing
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 755x696) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 755x696
>>74701672
>>
>>74704198
Surprised someone hasnt stolen his boots already.
>>
>play stupid game
>win stupid prize
>>
>>74706518
>ok faggot, your sheckles are showing
Oh right, because the communists are not pushing anything now right?

Who pushes it the most?
Who did that last time?

Jews.

Repeating the same mistakes again.
>>
>>74706603
>stupid game
What game? The climb or commerce?
You commies don't learn if commerce.
>>
>>74704391
Speaking of, the Sherpas are the real fucking amazing thing about Everest. They climb that mountain up and fucking down for a living and you rarely hear of one perishing.
>>
nothing good ever happens on a mountain
>>
>>74706801
This.

They do it for a reason too.

Know what it is?
>>
>>74706968
NEVER

Don't sail that ocean, swim by the sea in calm.
>>
>>74707089
Though watch out for great big waves.
>>
>>74707031
Well money obviously.

Speaking of, during the 2014 earthquakes in Nepal all the dead in Everest were Sherpa's. Why? Because they were the ones not only climbing the fucking mountain but also carying all of the gear for the climb.

I never considered climbing Everest something to brag about when 80% of the work is done by the Sherpa's.
>>
>>74705687

Found this awesome video thanks to your post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCSzwnUczcw

cheers
>>
File: 1463544199068.jpg (210 KB, 964x644) Image search: [Google]
1463544199068.jpg
210 KB, 964x644
>>74706163
Thanks for the feels
>>
>>74700492
I guarantee you that the banks did not give a single fuck about another soft sciences major rehashing some left wing politics for the millionth time. What seems more likely is that another spoiled white girl lived in a bubble for her entire life that made her think she was far more capable than she actually was, hence her decision to engage in dangerous activities to prove bullshit political points.
>>
>>74706801

There was a crisis a couple of years ago where a bunch of them died during an avalanche. They went on strike and things got pretty ugly
>>
>>74707243
Righto.

But what's the proportion of the people that made the climb?

Also why is there a "top" unlike the commerce system.
>>
>>74707294
I know you Aussies get hard-ons for this sort of thing. The Baffins are my favorite mountain range, and Mt. Thor is my favorite mountain. I plan to go one day, though probably not to climb.
>>
>>74705687
>>More dead dumb white people
That climb mountains for the hell of it.

Yes, so dumb.
>>
>>74709052
Like those that discovered the new world.
>>
>>74707969
>I guarantee you that the banks did not give a single fuck about another soft sciences major rehashing some left wing politics for the millionth time
>implying it was left wing

Could be from either side.

Someone said something logical and reasonable and someone didn't want that.
>>
File: long-lines-up-everest_fe.jpg (61 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
long-lines-up-everest_fe.jpg
61 KB, 800x450
>>74709052
>>74709132
I think I clearly implied that exploration is good, but LARPing on a conveyor-belt of rich tourists isn't exploration. It's just a more dramatic version of wearing a sarong and doing Yoga in Bali in order to have a "global experience".
>>
>>74709709
>I think I clearly implied that exploration is good, but LARPing on a conveyor-belt of rich tourists isn't exploration.
So personal exploration is not good?

That is, within the physical environment?
>>
>>74709894
Its not an "accomplishment". She was more of an explorer writing new banking code than she was for climbing Everest.
>>
>>74709894
And we're all personally impressed by different things. For me there are hundreds of more interesting places than Everest. I'd rather go to Greenland, learn Greenlandic, make some friends, and club a seal for meat on a 3 week hike, than only climb a peak and take some pretty photos.
>>
>>74700492
>Monash

looks like a fucking alcho

I honestly doubt it.
>>
Around 800 people try to climb everest annually. About 15-20 of those die in the attempt. That's a 2-3% chance that, even after whatever prep work you put in, your ass is going to be mummified in the ice if you underestimated it or just have a bad climb.This death isn't that unusual, just another person who wasn't ready for the mountain. It's already been pointed out in this topic but everest is getting littered with trash and corpses and these are being used as markers.

>>74706554
He's dead near the summit man. I don't think people who are climbing everest have any interest in extra (stolen!) luggage all the way down, and most certainly aren't stupid enough to take on the extra weight.
>>
>>74706554
no niggers on the mountain to steal shit
>>
>>74700492
if you want Everest news you read this mans blog. End of story. 4 people died this year. Pretty good actually.

http://www.alanarnette.com/blog/2016/05/21/everestlhotse-2016-may-21-summits-frostbite-deaths/
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.