[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NASA HAPPENING: Beijing and pajeet creaming themselves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: meanwhile_in_yantar.png (579 KB, 541x542) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile_in_yantar.png
579 KB, 541x542
https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-makes-dozens-of-patents-available-in-public-domain-to-benefit-us-industry
>“By making these technologies available in the public domain, we are helping foster a new era of entrepreneurship that will again place America at the forefront of high-tech manufacturing and economic competitiveness,” said Daniel Lockney, NASA’s Technology Transfer program executive. “By releasing this collection into the public domain, we are encouraging entrepreneurs to explore new ways to commercialize NASA technologies.”
>The technologies include advanced manufacturing processes, sensors, propulsion methods, rocket nozzles, thrusters, aircraft wing designs and improved rocket safety and performance concepts.
tldr:
NASA gave away 56 taxpayer funded patents [spoiler]for anyone in the world [/spoiler]
>was this approved by the executive branch?
> a veiled political maneuver?
>Ransoming our technological standing in the world for more congressional funding?
What are they up to /pol/?
>>
>>74696590
Pajeet is clearly shitting himself
>>
>>74696590
Maybe we'll get a president who cares.
>>
They're pretty much thinking pajeet, xin, and ivan are gonna start special projects with them!

When in reality they are going to run over NASA with better innovation and technology. Nice job globalization....
>>
what patents are they. probably nothing good.
>>
File: aerogel-insulation.jpg (55 KB, 537x730) Image search: [Google]
aerogel-insulation.jpg
55 KB, 537x730
say goodbye to this...

http://technology.nasa.gov/public_domain/KSC-12108
>>
>>74696778
>better innovation and technology

Pajeet's reliant upon sheer numbers to produce a diamond from a pile of shit.
Xin doesn't understand things, he imitates.
Ivan might be pragmatic but he's also a step behind the West in terms of industrial capabilities.

All three are also notorious for cutting corners.
>>
File: nasa-lectric-propulsion_1024.jpg (47 KB, 1024x415) Image search: [Google]
nasa-lectric-propulsion_1024.jpg
47 KB, 1024x415
...and this

http://technology.nasa.gov/public_domain/NPO-18192-1T
>>
>>74696590
The technology in patents are already public knowledge. Other countries already have access to the documents (and so do you). Patents are only protected by US law within US territory. Other countries are not bound by US patent law. This move only allows US companies to take advantage of the technologies and compete with other countries that already possess the technology.
>>
File: 1463821919189-pol.png (14 KB, 166x166) Image search: [Google]
1463821919189-pol.png
14 KB, 166x166
Nice. I'm a globe-earther now.
>>
>>74697097
>>74697265
Why would putting detailed information about these in the public domain mean saying goodbye?

If anything it will encourage more businesses and private researchers to experiment with them
>>
How does giving away all our secrets put us at the front of the competitive market
>>
>>74696590
the chinese and indians don't give a fuck about patents anyways
>>
>>74697484
But why did they hesitate on this until now?
>>
File: 1463783986610-pol.jpg (74 KB, 599x563) Image search: [Google]
1463783986610-pol.jpg
74 KB, 599x563
>>74698694
This. I can't fucking understand why would a govermental R&D agency even hold on to some patents when they should just give all these patents out to the world and get help from private corps. Nasa is even trying to help private space agencies to get to mars.
>>
File: 1456286819718.jpg (56 KB, 720x676) Image search: [Google]
1456286819718.jpg
56 KB, 720x676
>>74697484
this.

also

/thread
>>
>>74696590
I don't think you understand how patents work. They already release the information to everyone, but only retain the right to market it. Now they're saying that they don't care if companies get to grow from these patents, which is entirely reasonable. Pajeet and his chink friends already has access to this information, and these kind of people don't tend to give a shit about patents to begin with.
>>
>>74698962
All the patents were more or less work-in-progress. They just got bored with them/saw no intrinsic value of holding on to them. It's a fucking goverment agency. Everything they do is byrocratic mess.
>>
>>74699241
OP doesnt understand trade secrets from IP
>>
>>74697114
ironically imitation is all Xin needs to do.

Most people seem to forget, but one of the key reasons we were able to win on the western front was sheer production. While the russians suicide zerg rushed on the east taking the brunt of the causalties, the US was able to crap out tons of materiel due to being generally untouchable in terms of being able to be attacked and having production destroyed or reduced.

Now whats scary is that Xin has both the Human and physical capital with possibly an even worse disregard for human life. Because if China goes to war with us, Xin has alot more to gain from winning than we have from losing.
>>
>>74697484
>>74698925
True, but We're ceding our own property rights on these things. We wont be able to negotiate on their behalf in future deals
>>74698554
Than I'm sure you wont wind if we take a break from keeping ivan and co off your clay
>>
>>74699740
When will the Soviet zerg rush meme end? Soviet victory was undeniably due to their sheer production capabilities. Why do you think the record holders for most plane/tank/etc are Soviet? And the fuckers had to take the brunt of the casualties when you're fighting 80% of the German armed forces. You Murrikans and the rest of the allies only had to deal 20% of what's left of Germany's armies, and the Soviets STILL got to Berlin first.

If you're gonna talk about human aves being the only reason why the Soviets won, then why the fuck did Rhodesia win all those battles despite being outnumbered some 5 to one, like that one battle where there were some 169 Rhodesians versus around 10k nigs. By your zerg rush logic, the nigs should have won, right? By the Rhodesians did with only one or two dead.

Not to mention, the Germans and allies had overall numerical superiority over the Soviets.
>>
>>74700731
Dumbass thats what im saying, I agree with you, if it was just USA and UK vs the germans we wouldnt have done as well. Point i'm saying is that the chinese have both the production capabilities of the west combined with Worse-than-Soviet disregard for the life of their soldiers. Chinese are even more replaceable because of their sheer numbers and war would actually open up the job market and help redistribute overcrowded populations similar to how the GIs returned and moved post WWII
>>
>>74701097
I'm sorry, but with your flag and that "russians zerg rush" thing kinda set me off since those combined usually lead to an uninformed opinion about the military capabilities that the Soviets have.
>>
File: lambrightPLAN.jpg (121 KB, 1024x654) Image search: [Google]
lambrightPLAN.jpg
121 KB, 1024x654
>>74696777
>http://technology.nasa.gov/public_domain/NPO-18192-1T

I care
>>
>>74702385
part of my platform
>>
>>74696590
That's good considering the Chinks are planning for an expedition to the Moon in 2025/2030

http://www.popsci.com/china-aims-for-humanitys-return-to-moon-in-2030s

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Asia/Story/A1Story20110304-266468.html
>>
>>74696590
>>74698787

The United States deserved it for cutting
NASA's funding and crippling international
cooperation, based on 'National Defence'
concerns.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.