[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psycho-Pass future?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (545 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
545 KB, 1600x900
With all that's going down in our society along with technological progression will this be closer to reality?
>>
>>74676666
>quad
Oh fuck
>>
>>74676666
holy molly
>>
File: 1414126200024.gif (849 KB, 245x138) Image search: [Google]
1414126200024.gif
849 KB, 245x138
>>74676666
Dayum lad, you just doomed us all.
>>
>>74676666
In order to have crime coefficients we would need to have a far more advanced understanding of both the chemical side of psychology and psycho-analysis.

I think the idea of being able to point a reading devise at someone's brain and figure out if they are a danger is pretty unlikely. That will only show you one side of them. You'd also need to have a trained psycho-analysis ask them the right questions.

As for the other cool technology in the show:
*Virtual 3d avatars: We are actually working on that. My friend's dad is actually working with a company to develop this. Imagine something like Second Life but brought up to date with modern PC power and designed to be done with things like Occulus Rift.
*Holographic clothing: Current Hologram technology is very good at standing still and not very good in motion. Even if we made you a holographic shirt it wouldn't be able to morph well when the textures are always changing as you touch it, the wind blows, etc. Come back in 30 years and ask again.
*Hyper Oats: We are already sort of doing that but we don't tell the public because they freak out about GMO stuff. Ever had a russet potatoe? That's basically what I'm talking about. They grow 5 times faster than regular potatoes, have more calories, extra nutrients. The only trouble is they don't taste as good as regular potatoes.
>>
>>74677193
Soooooo is this a "Utopia"we want?

>Sliding
Are the Jews hiding this?
>>
>>74677326
>In order to have crime coefficients we would need to have a far more advanced understanding of both the chemical side of psychology and psycho-analysis.
It's left sort of ambiguous if someone's crime coefficient is actually a reading of their mental state or if it's just an arbitrary judgement made by SYBIL that's presented to the public as an absolute measurement.
>>
>>74677326
From what you describe it certainly seems possible that this could develop in 50-100ish years or something. Assuming we stay on tract in terms of progression in tech and psychology.
>>
>>74677563
I didn't want to mention SYBIl because spoilers.

But if you want SYBIL just wait until it's standard for all cops to have cameras on them. They can have a stand by of trained psycho-analytics that can look through the camera and give the cop advice in real time.

The brain reading scan is still not even on the radar.
>>
>>74677810
>They can have a stand by of trained psycho-analytics that can look through the camera and give the cop advice in real time.
Considering how little training they give cops on conflict resolution I don't see this ever happening.
>>
>>74678556
The thing I would be worried about is the cost.

A cop doesn't need a psycho-analysist all the time, only when he is called in. Let's say 1 psyhco-analysis can handle 15 cops at once.

The thing is think about how much you would have to pay this guy: he needs to be qualified in
*general psycho-analysis
*criminal psycho-analysis
*the ability to read and interprete brain scans the cop can send him with a device

And for every 15 cops you need one of them. Not to mention that the camera and brain scanning devices would be expensive too.

Historically what holds back technology from being mainstream is economics. We had VR technology in the 70s! But there was market for it so it got pretty much development. It was only when video games became a multi-billion dollar industry that investors we were willing to fund it. This is also why hologram technology has had no real development, there's no market for it, escpially since as I said holograms can't move very well so the video game industry doesn't want to fund it.
>>
>>74680605
>The thing I would be worried about is the cost.
Presumably automation will bring the cost down. I wouldn't be surprised if programs that are very good at interpreting mental states in people based on things like body language and tone are in every airport in 10 years and everywhere else in 20.
>>
I don't know about Sibyl, but we're already living in a society where people are becoming increasingly helpless, unable to handle stress, and have all their needs taken care of
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.