[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do /Polacks think of Joe McCarthy? Was he based, or just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 1101540308_400.jpg (45 KB, 400x527) Image search: [Google]
1101540308_400.jpg
45 KB, 400x527
What do /Polacks think of Joe McCarthy?

Was he based, or just fucking stupid?
>>
>>74657064
He was right about it all.
They released documents that proved it.
>>
He was right about nearly everything, and yet he is still mocked by the left today.
>>
>>74657064
He was right and history and current events have proven it.
>>
As a Polak, I have never heard of this guy.

You sure bro you have correct data for that question ?

Please,stop making an idiot of youreslf and get back to making makaroni el italiano
>>
He might have been a rampant alcoholic, but many great men were.

He did what he thought was right, and left it in the Congressional Record.
>>
File: M60A3_Panzer.jpg (280 KB, 1554x1023) Image search: [Google]
M60A3_Panzer.jpg
280 KB, 1554x1023
Violated the First Amendment in virtually every way, scum that should have been executed.
>>
File: Soviet_Soldier_Poster_1158.jpg (26 KB, 277x391) Image search: [Google]
Soviet_Soldier_Poster_1158.jpg
26 KB, 277x391
>>74657064
>>74657693
>>74657824
>>74657939
I was taught to think he was a bad man. I shit you not it was in the curriculum. In fact, I remember writing a paper in middle school about the similarities between the Salem witch trials and the red scare.
>>
>>74657064
Lol he was a retard. "HURR, DURR. Commies everywhere".
>>
>>74658284
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_McCarthy#Fame.2C_notoriety.2C_and_personal_life

it's not wrong, he accused the Secretary of Defense, the President and many other good Cold Warriors of harboring communists. He was an awful person and communists never were even a minor threat to the USA.
>>
File: lenin.jpg (70 KB, 209x307) Image search: [Google]
lenin.jpg
70 KB, 209x307
>>74658589
>communists never were even a minor threat to the USA.
>it's an underaged b& who doesn't know shit about the Cold War post
>>
bit of both.

He started the red scare merely as a political tactic to get reelected, and caused way too much undue fear of any kind of unity. what's that? those workers want to get together and fight back against a boss treating them unfairly? that's communism.

but, in the end, he turned out to be right, whether he really knew it or not, given how things have turned out today
>>
>>74658284
I had to write that essay too when studying "the crucible" even though I personally agreed with mccarthy
>>
>>74658589
School should be about teaching children to research and think for themselves. An essay question like that is leading and encourages group think. Irony on multiple levels.
>>
File: sorry.jpg (7 KB, 236x214) Image search: [Google]
sorry.jpg
7 KB, 236x214
>>74657941
>Makaroni el italiano
Thanks retard I never knew I was Italian

I'm asking for opinions so stop being such a dry arse
>>
>>74659591
You and the boy in the pic have something in common: you're both potatoes
>>
>>74657693
Source?
>>
>>74659202
I think the underlying propaganda is something like
>Fear drives people to commit atrocities
>Fear of groups of people is always unfounded
>So you should all bottle your fear up when something seems off or you'll be on the wrong side of history
The first argument is dubious and I've never seen any evidence the second is always true.
>>
>>74657064

He was a fool and his brand of witch-hunting is exactly what /pol/ hates about SJWs. To celebrate him would be hypocrisy.
>>
>>74657064
Read "Blacklisted by History" and "The Venona Papers."
>>
>>74657064
History teacher here

How do I redpill my students about based Joe

You are basically supposed to teach kids that he was an idiot and against the first amendment

How can I factually show them that he was right and what he was doing was justified without getting fired?
>>
>>74659890
The thing I got from my "education" was that people who point our big problems in societies are selling you snake oil and just want to benefit themselves. Also, I gathered that conspiracies are ridiculous.
>>
>>74657064
Textbooks and liberals love to talk about "muh red scare" and mccarthyism as if it was a wild goose chase and paranoia.

The part they fail to mention is that he was right about 99% of people he said were communists.
>>
>>74659980
Witch hunting=/=commie crushing

Communists don't believe in free speech anyway. If you allow them to exist they will eventually destroy the society that has permitted them. They are worse than cockroaches and deserve to be treated as such.
>>
>>74660056
It's probably too late for them. The best you can do is present the propaganda in a pros and cons way while making the pros seem more appealing
>>
daily reminder the 1950s comic book burnings were instituted by left-wingers like Frederic Wertham who accused comic books of racist and fascist rght-wing authoritarian propaganda.
>>
File: better call hoppe.png (199 KB, 479x240) Image search: [Google]
better call hoppe.png
199 KB, 479x240
>>74660246
That's why they need to be physically removed.
>>
>>74660246
This. You can't tolerate ideas that threaten the foundation of the country.
>>
>>74660056

Show them how his cynical smear tactics are being utilised by the regressive left right up to this day. You hit two birds with the one stone - you put to bed an embarrassing historical figure of the American right while simultaneously redpilling them on the SJW left.

>>74660246
>>74660437

>Witch hunting=/=commie crushing

I agree, he engaged in the former not the latter. Banning unconstitutional or anti-democratic organisations is necessary for a free country - Germany does it very effectively without compromising fundamental rights.

McCarthy went way, way beyond that though - to the point that an accusation of being a communist became a meaningless, thought-terminating cliché.
>>
>>74660665
hmm thats an interesting approach
>>
>>74659822

http://mobile.wnd.com/2000/02/4020/
>>
>>74660056
You don't. You red pill your students by teaching them that history books are interpretation of a variety of sources. When they are reading something about the past, it is an interpretation of the events or records of events that is inseparable from the author. Teach them how to fish. Don't be a faggot and shove it down their throats.
>>
>>74660859
that sounds nice in theory but in reality 85% of them are too stupid or already too brainwashed to see the truth
>>
>>74661022
It's sad that we're at that point.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.