[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rand as VP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8
File: elites cant stand the rand.jpg (21 KB, 466x493) Image search: [Google]
elites cant stand the rand.jpg
21 KB, 466x493
Rand would be Trump's perfect VP
>progun and conservative as fuck enough to reassure those who think Trump may be too liberal
>passes legislation like a boss (best at it in my opinion)
>favorable to moderate liberals, would win libertarians so Gary Johnson can't spoiler vote, win conservatives that sided with Cruz
>would ease those who think Trump is hot headed or too authoritarian
>would win the Paul crowd from 08 and 12 that felt betrayed by the system

Do it Trump, best choice on the GOP side you could hope for. /pol/'s thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZLO9xVlZkw
>>
>5'8"
No thank you
>>
He's better off getting shit done in the Senate.
>>
File: rand on immigration.jpg (134 KB, 640x952) Image search: [Google]
rand on immigration.jpg
134 KB, 640x952
>>74642194
Also
>hasn't attacked Trump on fundamentals he advised
>wouldn't be opposing him at every turn
>keeps anti establishment candidacy Trump has kept up
>could lead prosecution of Hillary as he did before
>is respected by Sanders and Sanders supporters to help bring them in
>is opposed to socialized healthcare enough to assure others he won't allow full government control
>would scare the elites enough not to try and assassinate Trump
>would kill Hillary's VP in debates
>agrees on almost all of Trumps policies
>him agreeing to work with Trump would show him moving to a new election phase that'll attract people to give him a second look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXg27xXUAec
>>
File: jim webb running mate.png (190 KB, 1348x844) Image search: [Google]
jim webb running mate.png
190 KB, 1348x844
>>74642194
Any other VP's (next to Jim Webb) that would be an instant energizer for Trumps general election run?
>>
>>74642194

I like Rand. But he is too mopey. We need someone with an edge and high energy.
>>
>>74645423
Wouldn't that be the perfect balance ticket though?

Those weary of Trump from all sides opposing him would give a second look if Rand (or Webb) is the choice,

It's a powerful play that'll cement his campaign move to fully enter general election mode. It'd hit Hillary in the cunt with a shovel it's so hard a hit.
>>
>>74645642

Might not be a bad pick. I wouldn't doubt if this is the hardest decision of his life. This VP pick is going make or break the entire race.
>>
If this happened, I would be so happy
>>
>wanting a pseudo-conservative libertarian shill as vp
>>
File: he speaks they listen.png (947 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
he speaks they listen.png
947 KB, 1440x900
>>74645788
He just wins so much with Rand as a pick, especially narrating the coverage over it.

Rand on Trump
>I thought he was a Hillary sleeper bomb but I was wrong
>We had our differences but that was politics and he is a fantastic guy
>I really doubted him until I gave him a second deep look at him on policy, character, and past the media campaign trying to kill him

Trump on Rand
>Yeah we had disagreements but we have the same principals and policies
>Of course I can get along with him I'm a good negotiator and even my former foes are aligning with me
>He's experienced, anti establishment, conservative, liberal in government overreach
>You should see how he grilled Hillary, also Bernie is a co worker of his and respects him greatly

It does everything he needs to do;
puts far more pressure on Hillary and her past
moderates him without restricting him
appeals to never trump republicans and libertarian independents
appeals to moderate liberals
helps bring more people from the bernie exodus in
solidifies constitutionalism and negates vies of authoritarian tendencies that off put voters

Far more things than above as well, but it's such a powerful step forward I really have a hard time seeing why he wouldn't try to have Rand as his VP.

They did appear at the NRA event, haven't been very hostile or open with one another so it'd be a surprise pick but one that'd really get news coverage in a frenzy. He's incredibly respected and legitimate, as well as experienced and anti establishment. Everything Trump needs.
>>
File: 48628428.cached.jpg (63 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
48628428.cached.jpg
63 KB, 800x500
Trump/Gingrich 2016!
>>
>>74643014
I do think he is the best choice besides Newt. Newt is the best choice but he is too old so strategically its no good. I hope Newt becomes involved in some way on Trumps team however.
>>
>>74646777
Gingrich just ain't right.
>>
>>74646959
Newt doesn't appeal to the bases Trump needs to expand into though, it just reestablishes his root in coming into the establishment GOP.

What does Newt really help him go into in moving his electoral base?
>>
>lolbertarians

No thanks. I would like Trump/Walker but I will end up voting for Trump no matter who the vp is in the end...
>>
>>74642194
As much as I like him, no. He doesn't like Trump, and Trump accepting "help" of anyone that insulted him during this campaign would be a sign of weakness.

There are plenty of excellent choices for VP out there, but GOP potential nominees are none of them.

Let alone the fact Rand doesn't even have the same support as Kasich or Rubio. Didn't he get like 1 or 2 delegates in total? People didn't vote for him back then, people won't vote for him now.
>>
Rand "The Man" Paul is the objective best choice as Trump's VP
>>
>>74648046
MOON BASES OFC
>>
Paul is an open borders globalist. Trump might as well pick a black hispanic lesbian tranny with no legs if he's going to pick someone opposite from him.
>>
>>74642617
His height would only make Trump look more powerful when they stood side by side
>>
File: image.gif (765 KB, 499x649) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
765 KB, 499x649
>>74645816
Yes
>>
File: rand ben garrison.jpg (239 KB, 1023x932) Image search: [Google]
rand ben garrison.jpg
239 KB, 1023x932
>>74648436
>Ben Carson
>Chris Christie
>Most of the establishment now endorsing him

He burnt so many bridges that now repairing them is a constructive effort to move his campaign forward. Both haven't attacked the other on policy but rather tone and skirmishes to remain the top anti establishment dark horse in the race.

Rand placed better than most of the GOP runners, Cruz won the second most but obviously choosing him wouldn't add much to Trump's ticket and badly injure his campaign image.

Rand has tremendous support in terms of more than half of all other candidates that ran, and he has the most dedicated support next to Trump which is what will matter far more.
>>
Dick Black is my man.
>>
File: 2016 motherfuckers.jpg (133 KB, 700x436) Image search: [Google]
2016 motherfuckers.jpg
133 KB, 700x436
>>74648900
Again see this picture, him and Ron both advised building a wall and cutting immigration.

He's a national libertarian, and can also branch towards simmering Trumps policies while also unanimously agreeing with them.

Here he is talking about building a wall and reforming immigration.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/09/18/in-las-vegas-rand-paul-mocks-trumps-anti-mexico-sentiments-but-stays-timid-on-immigration/

Again, he also supports the Muslim ban.
>>74643014
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.