[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
St. Constantine the Great is celebrated today, and it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: Brng9h7nf8aKZQtuUFvSx4wG.jpg (188 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Brng9h7nf8aKZQtuUFvSx4wG.jpg
188 KB, 800x600
St. Constantine the Great is celebrated today, and it's important to once again reflect on the current situation of the city he founded. The greatest city of history: Constantinople.

How would he feel about its present state?
>>
File: Hagia_Sophia_09.jpg (143 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Hagia_Sophia_09.jpg
143 KB, 800x600
Will you be there when the demolishing of the Hagia Sophia minarets happens?
>>
>>74640134

May it happen in my lifetime.
>>
Remove roach
W H E N
H
E
N
>>
>>74640134
I will.

I have vowed to ensure that Constantine's city is recovered before my death.
>>
>>74639987
really nice pic,where is this?
>>
>>74639987
>How would he feel about its present state?
they still haven't rid themselves of those mudslime rapefugees
http://history.stackexchange.com/questions/21414/how-were-muslim-turks-treated-in-byzantine-empire
>>
Ezio Auditore should have done more tbqh
>>
File: 1463012947042.png (463 KB, 1056x4224) Image search: [Google]
1463012947042.png
463 KB, 1056x4224
It would've happened long ago if the Brits and Frenchies didn't side with the Turks during the Crimean war.

>JUST
>>
>>74641788
If I remember correctly, York.
>>
>>74642169
Greece wouldn't be independent at all if it wasn't for Britain in the first place.
>>
File: 1456773219125.gif (2 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1456773219125.gif
2 MB, 260x260
>>74642169
Meant for : >>74640134

My bad.
>>
>>74642176
It's in york, i believe even on the spot where he was proclaimed emperor.
>>
File: Byron_1813_by_Phillips.jpg (89 KB, 733x944) Image search: [Google]
Byron_1813_by_Phillips.jpg
89 KB, 733x944
>>74642305
Brits certainly helped, though it was a race between many fronts on who would claim Greece as an ally (its geostrategic value was incredibly important at the time). Lord Byron is pretty based.
>>
>>74642744
>Greece thinking sodomites are based

This checks out
>>
>>74639987
He was a god amongst men RIP
>>
>>74639987

He would be pleasantly surprised to see so many old Byzantine works still standing and he would appreciate the Ottoman additions

Compare Istanbul to other cities, it's had a charmed life
>>
If you never have before, read an account of the morning the roaches finally breached Constantinople's walls and reached Hagia Sophia, where the woman, children, and very elderly were assembled to hear the final mass ever said there.

The roaches burst in and began raping nuns, beheading priests, and using the heads of infants to put out the candles, before looting and destroying the mosaics and icons.

The descriptions (from both sides, btw) are so lurid it will literally make you sick. IT finally ended around 4pm when their military commander took to the altar to say "Enough for one day, this place belongs to allah now."

If the average Christian cuck knew this story-- or what happened to the Venetian gvner of Cyprus that prompted Lepanto led by Don Jon of Austria-- they would not believe it.

The details of that are one of the most hideous things...they end in the man being flayed alive and his skin stuffed with hay and then being placed high atop a mast-- all after the roach had offered terms of honorable surrender.

And the Jews and the cucks try to rewrite this, just like they try to rewrite what the savages did in Spain and take away from the glory of the victory of Isabella and Ferdinand.

Interestingly, after they conquered Constantinople, do you know what one of the first thing the roach military commander requested?
More Jew administrators to be sent to constaninople to assist in organizing the looting, the enslavement and sale of males and females, etc..

Highly, highly recommend reading every account of the fall of Constantinople. These days, you don't even need a good library most are probably online and in English.
>>
>>74642169
>Brits and French

Yea, becasu they helped us just becasu they've liked us very much. Not for anything like that their country's interests.
>>
>>74639987
Happy feast Greekbro

Kontakion. (Tone 3) On this day Saint Constantine and blessed Helen, his mother, have revealed the Cross, the Wood worthy of all veneration. For the Jews, it is dishonor; but faithful rulers have it as a weapon vanquishing their opponents. For our sakes hath it been shown forth as a great ensign, dread and most awesome in war.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.