[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FDR and the New Deal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
So what does /pol/ think of FDR's "New Deal" policies? Did they help or hinder America, and how do they affect us today?
>>
undeniably helped america. before social security, the elderly in this country often lived in extreme poverty. the goal of social security was for senior citizens to live out the rest of their days with some comfort and semblance of dignity.

as far as accomplishing stated goals goes, there hasn't been a single more successful policy this country has enacted since.
>>
>>74638634
Did he infringe on individual rights?
>>
>>74638760
if you consider taxation an infringement on individual rights, then yes, he did. also, you're likely stefan molyneux and about to throw "not an argument" at me as well.

if you think society/civilization is a necessary give and take between autonomy and responsibility, then you likely fall on the side of thinking that social security was a policy that delivered great results and was worth the public investment.
>>
>>74639058
What do you think of Lindon "niggers voting democrat for the next 200 years" B. Johnson?
>>
>>74639122
The Fair Housing Act is terrible
>>
>>74638426
democrats giving out free shit whats new
>>
>>74639122
by all accounts, he was a really colorful personality. so I guess he had that going for him. as far as his policies go, I can't say I'm very familiar with much else aside from his pushing of the civil rights act. very small beans compared to FDR and the new deal.

I'm not sure why LBJ is mentioned so frequently alongside FDR. FDR was a transformational and legendary American president. LBJ I see as more of a Reagan/Clinton, in terms of, here's a guy a lot of people liked, but who isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>74639436
They stopped associating themselves with the klan.
>>
FDR was a badass, still think he should have joined the axis.
>>
>>74638426
Why do you all think of his shot down "Judicial Reform Bill"?
>>
>>74639561
That was impossible, USA was run by ashkenazi-jews who immigrated from Eastern Europe
>>
Of course it helped america in the shortrun. But fuck keynsianism. We've been hooked ever since.
>>
File: kikes won again.png (42 KB, 743x321) Image search: [Google]
kikes won again.png
42 KB, 743x321
>>74639561
FDR was a fucking kike proxy.
>>
>>74638426
Undeniably bad and extended the depression.
Of course the myth exist over reality in most people's minds.

We are also Still dealing with the fallout of some of his policies namely the practice of employer provided health insurance which was a reaction to his war time wage controls.
People getting their insurance through this thrid party leads to substantially higher prices.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V6YMbC9TPGk
>>
>>74640221
I thought it was Wilson the 14 points globalist. Wilson introduced the income tax.
>>
>>74638634
>undeniably helped america. before social security, the elderly in this country often lived in extreme poverty. the goal of social security was for senior citizens to live out the rest of their days with some comfort and semblance of dignity.

what you mean venerated, financed and tolerated by there families?

What a tragic end of days bud.

Nah social security is a ponzy scheme
>>
>>74639058
>if you consider taxation an infringement on individual rights

It's not about our opinion, it<s about what the constitution says and logically the constitution should not have contradicting statements
>>
>>74639508

maybe explicitly but they still have people working in accordance with them.
>>
File: pol skinhead.png (57 KB, 1044x774) Image search: [Google]
pol skinhead.png
57 KB, 1044x774
>>74640569
From what I see, the Klan has been taken over by degenerate """Nazi""" , retarded, skin-heads.
>>
>>74638426
FDR was a dictator and an honorary kike.
>>
>>74638426
The New Deal marked the end of the Golden Age of America, what until then had been a nascent republic built on solid classic liberal principles became a state-sponsored oligarchy unlike the rest of European countries. What began with the New Deal now approaches its end game: Trump is Le Pen, Sanders is Corbyn and Hillary is Merkel.

You're every bit as decadent as we are. Welcome to Europe, America.
>>
File: 29p8ejb.jpg (34 KB, 357x522) Image search: [Google]
29p8ejb.jpg
34 KB, 357x522
>>74641063
/thread
>>
>>74641063
The Judicial Procedures Reform Bill of 1937 (frequently called the "court-packing plan") was a legislative initiative proposed by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt to add more justices to the U.S. Supreme Court.
>>
File: La Pen.jpg (35 KB, 413x768) Image search: [Google]
La Pen.jpg
35 KB, 413x768
>>74641259
Speaking of Le Pen...
>>
Because of government dictating monetary policy, the stock market was extremely inflated (lol sure Brits we'll lower our interest rates for you what could possibly go wrong) to the point where working class families owned stocks. When it came crumbling down, government intervention (New Deal) did in fact help, but only to clean up a government created (or at least exacerbated) mess.
>>
File: new deal.jpg (40 KB, 438x250) Image search: [Google]
new deal.jpg
40 KB, 438x250
dont forget the unprecedented federal seizure of land.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.