[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USING A SMARTPHONE MAKES YOU A DEGENERATE >You are handcuffed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1451111187597.jpg (87 KB, 749x570) Image search: [Google]
1451111187597.jpg
87 KB, 749x570
USING A SMARTPHONE MAKES YOU A DEGENERATE

>You are handcuffed to your phone at all times
>The merchant laughs as he collects the copious amounte of shekels from your bill every month
>You cannot be in any social situation without nervously playing with your dumb phone
>You look like the average millennial degenerate walking around like a zombie looking at your phone

If you use a smartphone often you are part of the problem. The cellphone has caused you to become a social retard, unable to communicate with people normally, or even participate in any activity without constantly looking at your phone , like a heroine addict looks for his next score. You cannot enjoy any special moment without ruining it by taking narcissistic selfies to post on your degenerate social media accounts to show everyone how incredible you are/how much fun you're having. You also look like the humpback of Notre Dame with your bad posture.

>Please leave the right wing if you are a smartphone zombie - the left has plenty just like you.

Dont fall for the smartphone jew.
>>
i bought a $20 button phone on monday to replace my iphone.. already feel better
>>
Smart watches are worse. Literally a permanent distraction from doing something useful
>>
>>74637223

Smartphones are communication devices.

The problem comes when people treat them as toys.
>>
>>74637223
It's ridiculous, at least with a computer you're looking at a screen bigger than a thumb nail and not pecking on a 1"x1" keypad.
>>
>>74637223
I don't know desu.
Maybe you guys are just boring. We never have this problem in my group circle, I think I checked my phone once when I was out last night.

I think the major problem is that computers+ smart phones since early age produce dull uninspiring people who always expect entertainment to come from the outside.
>>
>>74637409
Close but not quite. Smartphone are above all a tool. Can be used anyway, communication, entertainment, learning. What matters is what you use it for and that you do it in moderation. Also have a decent fucking posture, being the phone up to your eyes, don't look down.
>>
>>74637223
My smartphone is one of the handiest tools I have so no thanks, though I do think using your smartphone at social events is degenerate.
>>
>>74637223
>>You are handcuffed to your phone at all times
only if i consciously choose to be
>>The merchant laughs as he collects the copious amounte of shekels from your bill every month
nope, my phone is unlocked and i'm with a budget carrier
>>You cannot be in any social situation without nervously playing with your dumb phone
again, nope, this is entirely within my own control
>>You look like the average millennial degenerate walking around like a zombie looking at your phone
no arguments detected

is there any resonable argument against carrying around a device that lets me contact my friends and family, functions as a map, a calculator, a camera as well as keeping me connected to the most vast aggregate of information in the entirety of human history that doesn't come down to "hurrr i don't have enough willpower to avert my eyes from it in social situations" or "da joos"?
>>
sony wants to remind you that the xperia z line of phones is way cooler than gay iphones and stupid samsungs, don't be gay or stupid, get a xperia z
>>
https://medium.com/@tristanharris/how-technology-hijacks-peoples-minds-from-a-magician-and-google-s-design-ethicist-56d62ef5edf3#.e7r5rxnyf

Companies design their apps in ways which attempt to capture the gambling nature of slot machines.
>>
File: 1463670361253.webm (3 MB, 638x476) Image search: [Google]
1463670361253.webm
3 MB, 638x476
>>74637223
i bought a chineese smartphone and only pay 4€ every month
i'd say i'm not the favorite goyim they have
>>
I still have my iphone 4 in perfect working condition.
>>
>>74638359
I was using galaxy 2 till about a year ago.
>>
http://www.ina.fr/video/I10257139

People are vicious by nature, and vice makes you predictable and manipulable.
>>
I use a burner phone I bought from a gas station for $15. I hate phones and I refuse to spend $600 on a piece of tech that represents what I hate about modern society.

Problem is, women treat me like I have cancer when they see it. It feels like this is one thing you just have to have to get laid. I don't get laid, though, so I don't really care that much.
>>
Am I degenerate for browsing /pol/ while clubbing?
>>
>>74637223
That poor old granny is probably fearing for her family, and doesn't understand what is happening to them.
>>
>USING A SMARTPHONE MAKES YOU A DEGENERATE
Please contain your autism when you post publicly, or at least make specific arguments such as: If you use an iphone unironically, you're a degenerate.
|you can't even put pictures onto it without going through Cloud services.
|The only things it's well-built for are internet/cloud based.
|Its security is black-or-white: you can have a self-destructing encryption lock, or else you can have a leaky icloud account.
|No legitimate file management; no ability to maintain your own media; no way around Apple's shitty privacy/user-rights policies; very little freedom.
|Basically a dumbed-down smartphone for the naive and careless
The only reason you'd use one is to avoid having a shitty Android phone. If you own an Android, it's obsolete already- unless it's Samsung or some trendy new brand of chink-phone. Either way, it may be upsetting that smartphones are making social gatherings seem more antisocial; another way to be upset, is, that there are SO MANY 'tards that don't know what the technology they're using is.

>You cannot enjoy any special moment without ruining it by taking narcissistic selfies to post on your degenerate social media accounts to show everyone how incredible you are/how much fun you're having. You also look like the humpback of Notre Dame with your bad posture.
Why would you be concerned about that shit? When, look; everyone in that picture is wondering why their nudes and private messages are being passed around - these are people, zombified, realizing "those updates I've been skipping for weeks *were* important" like the uninformed wagecucks they are. Internet-reliant tech is fickle, get hacked. Admit it: you only bought in when you were overprivileged.

>Someone please tell me how to escape this money trap
>How do I become popular
>leik how can i do the thing where your phone does the thing
OP is not far from the truth, though. Portable screens are a fucking plague, for the uneducated.
>>
My Galaxy is turned off for the weekend, all holidays, and five pm every evening apart from three on a friday.

Anyone important to me has my landline. This baffles most people under the age of 28.
>>
>>74640049
>clubbing
Yes

Smartphones are one of the best inventions in the world. Fast Internet in your pocket. GPS, alarm, calendar, calculator, mail, handy notes like "It's going to rain tomorrow" without even doing anything. People are just using them wrong, like with many other things. Fucking hate people who can't put their phone away for a few minutes when they're talking to someone.

Take guns as an example. Protect your loved ones, your country, apprehend criminals... or kill children, commit mass murders, rob the elderly. They are just tools. It's how you use them that makes a difference.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.