[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does it make you feel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: huxley.jpg (77 KB, 640x675) Image search: [Google]
huxley.jpg
77 KB, 640x675
How does it make you feel?
>>
like its time to buy a water filter
>>
>>74634189
Yes because fluoride has this effect
>>
Doesn't make me feel anything, because only boomers and whorish women are hooked on drugs of any kind.

t. millennial with guns and a shit ton of ammo
>>
I think Huxley's model of a dystopic future is far more likely than the tyrannical state in 1984. Uneducated people read Orwell in school and suddenly think it's the pinnacle of social commentary, even though Brave New World made much more poignant points a decade before.

I don't know what /pol/'s opinion on Christopher Hitchens is (I assume it's good) but he wrote an excellent foreword to the 2003 edition of Brave New World where he talks about how Huxley's predictions are becoming increasingly relevant and makes comparisons between it and 1984.

You can read it here:
http://blogs.ausd.net/users/thearchofthesky2013/uploads/thearchofthesky2013/ForewardbyChristopherHitchens.pdf
>>
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
He was an avid user of mescaline and lsd though.
>>
>>74634189
>>74634239
You're a seriously suggesting that the government purposefully infuses our water with chemicals that makes us complaint with fascism.

We have to make a new name, this pill is dank
>>
File: huxley-orwell.gif (1 MB, 750x5987) Image search: [Google]
huxley-orwell.gif
1 MB, 750x5987
We should learn to love our kike overlords its too late
>>
>>74634607
The future is both anon. It's as if the powers that be read both and picked the best from them.
>>
File: thefutureyouchose.jpg (271 KB, 1435x597) Image search: [Google]
thefutureyouchose.jpg
271 KB, 1435x597
The film WALL·E is a homage to huxley's narrative and is fairly red pilled. Although to know you need to know, you know? I guess the important thing is that these ideas are taught regardless of how subtly.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.