[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christianity is not compatible with capitalism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
For 1000 years Christianity banned usury and frowned on people who amassed wealthy, but why do modern Christians think usury and wealth is ok? From the Bible they tout so much...

Matthew 19:24

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” 25When the disciples heard this they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”…

The New Testament contains references to usury, notably in the Parable of the talents:

"Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.."
—Matthew 25:27

"…Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow. Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?"
—Luke 19:22-23

The following scriptures teach about lending:

"Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."
—Matthew 5:42

"And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked."
—Luke 6:34-35

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

So yeah... The Orthodox still adhear to Jesus's teachings about wealth. Usury is a big nono and its a the cornerstone of capitalism.
>>
stop spamming this like it's the greatest argument ever. It's fucking retarded.

sage
>>
>>74624906

I've posted it on 4 threads tonight yet not one single person has actually replied to it. Is there no argument against it?
>>
>>74625029
You're retarded, quote the entire page, Jesus asks the guy why he didn't invest what was entrusted to him (where as the others did).

The parabol is literally stating he got mad at the servant for not being involved in usury.

Either way it's really an allegory to make use of your available skills, knowledge, resources and abilities given to you buy God to Give God glory (love God and others/make disciples in which ever way God leads us).

The bible says God gave people freedom to choose so how is it ungodly to choose or allow others to choose capitalism of there own free will?

Do you slap the drink out of every alcoholics hand? Just because some grown mad with what God has given us is no reason to restrict others from enjoying the blessings God has bestowed
>>
>>74624805
Matt 25 6 The man who had received five bags of gold went at once and put his money to work and gained five bags more. 17 So also, the one with two bags of gold gained two more. 18 But the man who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.

19 “After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’

21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

22 “The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’

23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

24 “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’
>>
>>74625029
Also an allegory of the kingdom. Notice how Jesus often talks of the kingdom of God and how his people will be there with him and even the thief who died next to him will dine with him. Well here you have the master in the parabol (representing Jesus) telling his servants that since they do well with what they are given they will be entrusted with running part of his kingdom.

There's also a proverb saying something like "even a son is treated like a servant until he comes of age"

And I think it is applicable to that parabol.
>>
>>74624805
>>74625029

I think everyone agrees with this
>>
>>74624805
read this book
>>
The whole bible is just one big scam for Jews to rip you off of your money by pretending you shouldn't worry about it. Remember that the new testament was written by Jews just like the old. It's in their nature to lie and cheat others for their own benefit.
>>
File: COME AT ME BRO.png (316 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
COME AT ME BRO.png
316 KB, 600x399
>MFW jesus turns over all the temple vendors stalls and says "GET OUT MY HOUSE"
>>
>>74624805
thanks dad
>>
File: conspiracy.jpg (43 KB, 700x335) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy.jpg
43 KB, 700x335
>>74628266
The real spirit of capitalism
>>
File: The Vicar of Christ.png (342 KB, 482x552) Image search: [Google]
The Vicar of Christ.png
342 KB, 482x552
>>74628483
>mfw when that statue is surrounded by poor niggers like God willed it
>>
>>74624805
Because the issue is abstracted when massive banks are the ones distributing loans. At the very least, you are correct that personal loans should not be given out with the expectation of receiving interest back. At least not any more interest than would compensate for inflation.
>>
>>74624805
Protestantism aka biblical Christianity (inb4 cafeteria catholics post strawmans) is compatible with Christianity

Read Max Websters Spirit of capitalism and the protestant work ethic
>>
>>74628364
retard as hell
>>
inb4 it's all the kike's fault
>>
>>74624805
Here's my take on it. As far as I have been able to piece together, the ancient denouncements against usury (the Greeks as well independently) were based on the observation that those who were borrowed to would always be screwed over by the high interest rates, and there would never be any mercy from the ancient jew. Nowadays, however, we have laws against predatory lending, and prohibit banks from lending to people they know won't be able to pay back the sum, so those issues have in reality disappeared.
>>
>>74630612
Well kikes made these batshit crazy christians and islamists.
So ya it is the kikes fault
>>
File: 1460871826174.png (56 KB, 748x1922) Image search: [Google]
1460871826174.png
56 KB, 748x1922
>>74628770
>>
>>74626744
This

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-hlF9aDZjlA
>>
>>74624805
A rich man can't go to heaven because the only man allowed in heaven is a dead man.
>>
>>74628770
You're missing the rest of the picture.
>>
>>74624805
>Usury is a big nono and its a the cornerstone of capitalism.
Usury is a financial system whereas capitalism is a economic system. you can have one and not the other
>>
File: white_mime.jpg (12 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
white_mime.jpg
12 KB, 236x236
if christianity isnt compatible with capitalism how come jesus rose from the dead in 3 days just 2 save the population of america from their sins of being born freely in a land of freedom where capitalism is the way, the truth, and the life?
>>
File: abf.jpg (155 KB, 960x686) Image search: [Google]
abf.jpg
155 KB, 960x686
>>74630686
>defends usury
>national debt at nearly $20 trillion
>therefore owes $250,000 just for being American
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.