[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
America, home of the moderately average!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: average ameritard.png (5 KB, 405x427) Image search: [Google]
average ameritard.png
5 KB, 405x427
>A school board in North Carolina has unanimously given initial approval to a policy that would stop allowing its high schools to name valedictorians and salutatorians of its graduating classes because that kind of “competition” is apparently hazardous to students’ health.

>Under the new policy, the schools would use the Latin honors system that’s used in colleges, giving a “cum laude” designation to students with a 3.75 GPA or higher, a “magna cum laude” designation to students with a 4.0 to a 4.249 GPA and a “summa cum laude” to students with a 4.25 GPA or higher.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/435639/north-carolina-school-valedictorian-banned

Literally people hate the idea that someone else may be achieving a higher grade than them, so instead of trying to be better they would prefer to have everyone become a special snowflake.

GG America, as a nation you are effectively dumbing yourselves down, how long till retards who get a 3.0 GPA get a special title so they don't feel like morons?

Also inb4 "Muh slippery slope fallacy"
>>
File: 1286945416608.gif (1019 KB, 175x131) Image search: [Google]
1286945416608.gif
1019 KB, 175x131
DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING READ YOU SHITPOSTING FAGGOT
KILL YOURSELF LMAO
>>
Fuck off aussie cunt
>>
I went to school in NC and we used both Latin honors and valedictorians. Guess a lot can change in five years.

>Benton said he thinks this change will also stop students from being tempted to fill their schedules with easier classes to pad their GPAs in pursuit of a “valedictorian” or “salutatorian” title.

This moron actually, factually believes that you're going to be valedictorian without taking and thriving in nonstop AP courses. And people like him get to decide how schools are run. Fantastic.
>>
>>74623624
Such coolness and edginess!

>>74623625
Nah mate, fuck that, how about you get me a beer from the fridge cuntie!
>>
>>74623827
One of the valedictorians of my high school actually took only one AP class whereas I took like...5? She was a dumb but wealthy and attractive girl so I guess that's not surprising.
>>
>>74624656

I attended a public school in Westchester County NY for a year while our home was being finished and there was a "dude" in all my classes who wouldn't do any assignments and would basically sleep or stare off into space but they had to keep pushing him forward because he would ace every exam and regents test sometimes doing them upside down and writing with both hands to fuck with people. He aced the PSAT upside down and did every section in 4-5 minutes. The principal came into class and berated him for his poor grades and then stated he could make up wasting everyone's time by representing the school at the national level. The "dude" asked him if he was Jewish and when answered with a yes told him no and to leave him alone. I wonder what happened to him.
>>
>>74625377
holy nigger im from westchester, what town? im from rye
>>
>>74623543
Honestly, as a teacher, it's helpful to me not killing myself in my classroom. I pick a standard or two to lower every other year anyway. Sometimes I toss whole lesson plans out the window because niggers apparently can't be held accountable for their own actions and the SJW principal thinks we are "failing them". So if whole states can lower their standards, that'd be great, I'll just teach fucking EVERYTHING at a third grade level.
>>
>>74623543
>American Public School
>Actually meaning anything
The whole system is a fucking shit show that punishes those who actually apply themselves.
>>
I had a 4.8 GPA, 4.0 unweighted, and was still only like rank 20 out of 700 students. 4.25 for summa cum laude is a joke.
>>
>>74623543
jesus shut up. why so many retard aussies posting this inconsequential bait lately? you must be a mudblood or a self-hating white. cant decide which is worse. warning: Australia has been infiltrated
>>
>>74623543
The whole country of America is just a giant safe space.
>>
>>74625555

Bronxville but our boat was at Derecktor in Mamaroneck and I partied in Rye as well.
>>
>>74626385
wow dude thats pretty cool, where in rye? downtown? I lived near osborn and the rye golf pool.
>>
>>74625807
Can you explain the GPA system to me, burgerbro?

What's the highest there is?
What do you need for pleb universities and what do you need for top tier ones?
>>
>summa cum laude
>>
>>74626483

Some houses past the school along the tidal marshes.
>>
>>74626657
At my school the highest you could get was a 4.0 through regular classes. However, we also had honors which were weighted and let you get up to a 5.0. The did not take into account difficulty of the class, so shit like Honors English counted to same as Honors Physics.
Getting into college was mostly based on ACT or SAT as long as you were an AB student. I got a 32 on my ACT and got a pretty sweet deal to a public university. Woman and minorities have lower standards and get shit for free but they won't publicly state it.
For example, with my 32 ACT I would struggle getting into MIT but a black girl could easily get in with a 28.
>>
>>74627111
So all that shit about the system favoring niggers spics and women is true I guess.

Sucks to be a white male nowadays, mane.
>>
if school districts pull shit like this when my kids are going through the system, I'm going to rip them a new one.

t. high school valedictorian who later graduated with honors from a top 50 university.
>>
>>74627827
Oh it totally favors them. One girl got a massive scholarship at the school's award ceremony. I helped her write her college application essay, she couldn't even form a coherent essay.
>>
File: 1463727364740.jpg (10 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
1463727364740.jpg
10 KB, 231x244
>>74623543
>tfw still have our gunz
>>
>>74627111

Why are you guys even going to college, then? The affirmative action destroyed the degrees once it started happening in earnest. There's a reason why many tech companies opt out for for H1B-workers instead of hiring local talent; there is no local talent. Worked in SF for a software company for several years and many of the recent CS graduates couldn't pass the interview test for the entry level gigs because you've been lowering the bar over and over again so many times that you are accepting 80 IQ nigger trash into the ranks who are barely capable of writing a Hello World in two languages. There are some places of education that spurn out capable men and women, but those are hilariously few compared to the amount of people living in your country.
>>
>>74626783
summa don't
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.