[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For Egypt 804, why didn't the passengers have any Fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 20
For Egypt 804, why didn't the passengers have any Fucking parachutes!? They are saying now that a lot of people might have been alive the whole time while the plane was falling into he ocean! They could have been parachuting out the plane and a lot of passengers could have survived!

And why aren't these planes armored? They should be able to take a hit from a homemade bomb that can barely do any damage!

Will there be an actual detailed investigation for this like there should be!? Where is the Fucking Root Cause Analysis!
>>
>>74584407
>why didn't the passengers have any Fucking parachutes!?

Because you'd land in the sea.
>>
>he doesn't understand how air crash investigations work
>>
>>74584407

This so-called 'missing' Egyptian plane is yet another false flag. Looks like they're running out of ideas, that's why they've kept on recycling plane-related false flags for the last few years. Also, they were 66 people on the plane. There might be another 6 in there somewhere to add up to 666, but even if there isn't, 66 is still a significant number to the Cabal (according to my research, at least). A lot of weird things happened in 1966. According to Chinese astrology, 1966 was a Fire Horse year and Fire Horse years are supposed to be unlucky/turbulent/cursed. The Cabal takes things like astrology and numerology VERY SERIOUSLY, because they know the true nature of reality. On the subject of numerology, there is a mathematical substrate to the universe, it's a level of the universe that is pure mathematics. It's why things like the golden ratio are found in nature. This is what numerology taps into and the Cabal knows this. Also, production for 2001: A Space Odyssey began in 1966 and the film Rosemary's Baby is set in 1966 (1966 is even referred to as 'Year One' in that film, for some reason). Rosemary's Baby was made by Roman Polanski, who is a MAJOR insider. Oh, and the Church of Satan was founded by Anton LaVey on June 6, 1966 or 6-6-66. I'm sure there are many other things, but I can't remember them right now. Anyway, numbers are just energy..... like everything else. Whether that energy is used for helpful purposes or harmful purposes is up to us.
>>
>>74584601
I believe it is standard procedure in all passenger airlines for all seats to have flotation devices.
>>
File: 1463594665023.jpg (36 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1463594665023.jpg
36 KB, 447x444
>>74584699
>>
The reason parachutes aren't included on planes is because if the pilot can't negotiate the plan safely to the ground you're dead. If you think you're going to be able to not only acquire your parachute but also know how to safely use it and also have time for it to correctly deploy all while your plane is critically compromised by a bomb and spinning towards the Earth you're a fucking moron.

It would be impossible to move in that thing at all. As soon as you unbuckled your seatbelt you'd either be thrown to the back of the plane or out the breach.
>>
File: christianwhat.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
christianwhat.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>74584407
Why are you retarded?
>>
>>74585035

>out the breach

And that's why you wear your armed parachute for the whole goddamned flight.

www.idontwanttodie.com
>>
They could design the planes skeleton so that if a bomb in the cargo hold went off it wouldn't effect the integrity of the structure, but with how rare bombings are its better to take the hit and focus on efficiency
>>
>>74585035
they arent included because theyt are illegal to have onboard a plane in the usa without regulations tthx faa saving lives
>>
>>74584699
Kek. Nice shitpost stralia
>>
>>74585992

>Implying that I'm not being serious
>>
>>74584407
>Giving a bunch of idiots parachutes so that you an have falling corpses scare the shit out of people
>>
>>74584699

Astrology is REAL. The so-called 'horoscopes' that you read in newspapers is NOT 'astrology', it's bullshit. But astrology itself is REAL and it is a SCIENCE (and a VERY ANCIENT SCIENCE at that!). The rulers of this world take astrology VERY seriously because they KNOW what the true nature of 'reality' itself is. The rulers of this world do not COUGH if it isn't astrologically beneficial to their agendas. The rulers of this world do NOT want you to take astrology seriously. Everything in this universe is made of vibrational information fields. When the vibrating fields of information that a planet is made of collide with the vibrating fields of information that you are made of, we call this phenomenon 'astrology'. There is nothing 'supernatural' about astrology, we can describe the phenomenon called 'astrology' in a purely scientific language, it's just that astrology is a subtle phenomenon that occurs at levels of the electromagnetic spectrum that are beyond visible light - and that is why most people cannot perceive the phenomenon called 'astrology' (because we live in a physical world and astrology is a non-physical phenomenon..... like almost every other phenomenon in existence).
>>
>>74584699
math is the language of the universe doesnt mean you can control it just read it

>>74585362
you fucking serious now ???
>>
>>74586707
Never go full retard
>>
>>74586196
I know you're not serious because you simply rely on the fact that there were only 66 passengers on board. While this is a relevant number to the Cabal, you completely misdiagnose the most essential correlation that they would have involved with this case. 1966 was an important year, but not because of the Fire Horse, but rather that it was the year that the CIA developed the first digitally operated bomb. (It's a well known fact that the C in CIA was chosen for its symbolic representation of Cabal, not Central as it was played off as). The main detail in this new bomb operation is that despite what movies may make you think, there were only two wires needed to ignite the bomb, those being red and green respectively. This allowed for a simpler operation system but was almost meant to represent the colors of Satan, specifically his image as a green goat headed man mixed with the red human body of ye old times. That means that when these bombs blow up they are not actually praising Allah but actually praising Satan, thereby trolling Islamists and sending them directly to hell for blaspheming in the worst way possible. It was all part of the plan this entire time. The United States policies have actually been designed to promote these suicidal damnations for the past few decades.

Sorry, but you discussing the significance of the 66 passengers is just irrelevant in light of this information.
>>
>>74587224
See
>>74587220
>>
>>74584407
>how long do you think it takes for 200 people to leave an aircraft
>not knowing you would get pulled into the tubine and shredded in pieces if leaving the doors
>where do you put 200 parachutes
>now knowing you would need 200 ejection seats
>how to get rid of the roof of the plaine
>not knowing you cannot breath on 37000 feet
>not knowing the diffrent pressures in the plane and outside would knock you unconsious

american education
>>
>>74584407
One of the more subtle troll posts on /pol/ today
>>
>>74584699
>Also, they were 66 people on the plane. There might be another 6 in there somewhere to add up to 666

In Australia, 66+6 = 666
>>
>>74586707
Time Cube empowers wisdom above all gods and educators. I am the wisest human of all, for I have absolute proof of 4 simultaneous 24 hour days in a single rotation of the Earth. God is 1-day, Science is 1 day. My 4 days disproves 1 day god and evil lying 1-day educators. Students are dumb and stupid for ignorance of Time Cube. Cubeless word allows the evil to rule and the liars to teach. You've ignored the Time Cube and you shall suffer its curse, as did all the past civilizations. Prepare for a hell you created. The 4 quadrant corners of the Earth sphere rotate as a quad spiraling helix - thus creating 4 simultaneous days per each rotation and 4 simultaneous years per 1 orbit around Sun. Greenwich day is of stupidity. Academia and religion are as entities which transgress upon the Cubic values of life unity. Human god has quarter value as 1 human has 1-corner face. Educators are teaching doom. I charge academia, religion, media and government with a criminal act of collusion and conspiracy against children. USA on a path to cannibalism. I plan to sue academic institutions for multi- millions of dollars for their endangering the lives of children through brainwashing and indoctrination stupidity. I am seeking sharp attorney interested in a case that transcends the excitement of the Scopes Monkey Trial. Academia empowers stupidity, indicting educators criminal. Students must free their brain and organize as a power force to stop the plunder of Nature byword corrupted professors. Just as the clock face has 4 quarter corners, an Earth hemisphere has 4 quadrant corners. Those 4 different corners equate to 4 different Worlds, with each having its own separate day, own separate year and a separate human race. If only the dead people who god did not save, could return and give their opinion of a god.
>>
>>74584407
OP can you please tell me your age just for some research purposes.
>>
File: image.gif (494 KB, 387x305) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
494 KB, 387x305
>>74586707
I don't want to be interested...
...but I am.

Continue please, anon.
>>
friend of mine worked for air egypt before

okay, here's the deal with airbusses and boeings

airbus planes are fly-by-wire, meaning that a small joystick is sent to a computer, and a computer interperates those movements and moved the flaps, wings, etc

the computer does 99% of the work, everything except plot it's own course and it needs a pilot to move the plane

he said egypt air has shoddy maintenance

i'm willing to bet a major mechanical failure, or electrical problem

if that computer shuts down, you have NO CONTROL AT ALL OVER THE AIRPLANE, AND YOU WILL GO DOWN,

boeings are STILL being built with a fallback analog wires and pulleys system, so that in the event of a major failure, the pilot can still glide it down for a safe landing.
>>
>>74584699
route 66
>>
>>74589217
Fly by wire systems exist because of how uncontrollable giant planes get if you try to control them manually. If a large passenger plane is falling, no amount of pilot force is going to be able to control anything.
>>
>>74589217

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4PuNOeUDYE

this vid explains it all

which is why i still fly southwest and american, and will cancell my flights if i have to end up on an airbus
>>
>>74588274
>>74588533
wanted to see if this was pasta this is what i got

>spooky
>>
>>74585035
why doesn't the plane just have a huge parachute attached to it then? You can pull the cord if it starts to crash and it'll just float safely down.
>>
Wait, the logo for Egypt Air is picture of Ra? How have the Muslims not decapitated all of the executives already?
>>
File: large (1).jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
large (1).jpg
71 KB, 500x500
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/egyptair-804-plane-crash-doomed-8017048

Weird thought. Arabs smoke so fucking much. What if someone brought one of those shitty chinese vape pens to smoke in the bathroom and it blew up on them
>>
>>74589834

yes, because a 6 ton object can be floated down

go back and take physics 101, please
>>
File: when bane crashing the plane.png (363 KB, 838x911) Image search: [Google]
when bane crashing the plane.png
363 KB, 838x911
>Cairo International Airport.

I think it's happening.
>>
At that speed, a bomb that disrupted any significant portion of the plane's integrity would result in the plane shredding itself the rest of the way. Especially given how radical a "turn" it made, which was probably the plane at least coming apart into multiple pieces post-explosion.

Parachutes would be a moot point.
>>
>Rapidly spreading fire

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, AHMED, PUT AWAY THE GOD DAMNED VAPE PEN
>>
>>74589643

Timecube's website went offline in 2015, though you can still look it up on the Internet Archive. >>74588274 is straight from the front page.
>>
who wants to bed $200 it was a snackbar

how long until an ISIS video gets posted?
>>
>>74590252
physics here, you dont know what the fuck you are talking about. just need a bigger parachute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50cpPAVoxJQ
>>
>>74590510
this
>>
>>74590285

Which, incidentally is why it's designation is (CAI) instead.
>>
>>74587444
>>where do you put 200 parachutes
>>now knowing you would need 200 ejection seats
>>how to get rid of the roof of the plaine
>>not knowing you cannot breath on 37000 feet

Also an air temperature of around -52 degrees at that elevation. And being flung into that air at almost 900kph unprotected.

The air pressure is 1/5th of what it is at sea level, but that would still be a hell of a wind chill.
>>
>>74588274

the guy who came up with the theory was on TV back in the day, and he was literally

>if you respectfully disagree with me, you're evil, no other reason you would disagree, you are evil

it was literally the tin-foil equivelant of today's SJW "sexist" whenever you disagree with a woman

however, if this man wants to come back and explain facts and proofs that backup his claims, then i will agree, but if he is going to say you are "evil and vile" for disagreeing with him, he isn't worth the time
>>
>>74590285
You would know, Chaim.
>>
>>74590650

>comparing a military excersize where the aircraft is in stable flight and not falling at a rapid rate, not to mention soldiers who train for months to be able to do this without being hurt when they hit the ground to passengers

kek
>>
>>74589419
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_control_modes

You need to do some reading on how modern Airbus and Boeing planes are controlled.
>>
>>74590650
The most important thing is making sure your fittings and seams could hold up to the stress.
>>
>>74590823
The video illustrates heavy objects be air dropped and parachutes arresting the fall. He was responding to a guy who claimed you can't "float a 6 ton object down". The passenger's training would be irrelevant.
>>
>>74590252
Stop being a faggot Ahmed. Mad I foiled your plane crashy plan?
>>
>>74591654

dude, a plane isn't a fucking top-fuel dragster, a parachute ain't gonna do shit when the plane is BREAKING APART
>>
>>74590510
it doesnt matter if it was a snackbar or an technical error isis will claim it anyway to show how stronk they are
>>
>>74590823
>Train for months

Lol bro, airborne school is 2 weeks 5 days, and the first week is just pt.
>>
>>74589411

No.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_from_the_Sky:_Flight_174
>>
File: 1445199729651.gif (844 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1445199729651.gif
844 KB, 200x150
>>74584407
>ocean
>>
File: p01nw79c.jpg (38 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
p01nw79c.jpg
38 KB, 624x351
Why don't the put parachutes on the plane itself like so?
>>
>>74595515

thats a single engine 4-seater aircraft that probably weighs like 1,200lbs

compare that to a plane that is twice it's size that weighs 7 tons
>>
>>74595515
>Stopping an 80 ton plane flying at roughly 520 mph with a parachute

Good luck with that pham
>>
>>74596608
Get 80 parachutes
>>
>>74596679

520mph

the parachute would tear apart
>>
>>74596608
*MTOW for the A320 is 78 tonnes, not 80

But yeah, you get the idea
>>
>>74596738
Apollo capsule chutes deployed at like Mach 2
>>
>>74584407
>And why aren't these planes armored?
This is a great point. It's feasible economically. Blast resistant luggage hulls.
>>
>>74584407
>jumping out of a falling plane

Good fucking luck with that
>>
>why no parachutes on a plane

Because the airline companies don't want to spend too much money on civilizian lives. Apparently, saving them isn't really worth that much of a foolproof plan. Even if hundreds die, they don't have to pay much in family death fees and will still be making profit by the end of the day.
>>
File: isisrael.jpg (157 KB, 654x886) Image search: [Google]
isisrael.jpg
157 KB, 654x886
>>
What if we disallowed luggage on airlines ? You just ship your shit next day air
>>
>>74596916
It's not a great point, it's a stupid fucking point.

Planes are inherently lightweight and made of aluminum. You can't armor a plane to make sure it won't fall when it explodes. You're not going to cover a plane in reinforced steel or some shit.
>>
>>74597004
What are (you) implying
>>
>>74597159
what are you thinking ?
>>
>>74597247
That we are gonna have to shut this down.
>>
>>74597038

>not knowing that the shit can get lost in shipping

because some people fly for business reasons and are usually only there for a few days and then leave 4-7 days later

>never heard of business conferences
>>
File: download (4).jpg (5 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
5 KB, 243x207
>>74597038
So not only will everyone be delayed by a day, airlines will have to order, schedule, and fly an extra aircraft for every flight just to deliver bags? Not to mention the increased ticket costs.
>>
File: 1421253203971.jpg (291 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1421253203971.jpg
291 KB, 700x700
>dat feel when inside an airplane 30K off the ground and you can hear the tiny little shifting and shakiness of the walls

Flying is fucking stressful. All I ask for is a parachute safety feature at some point.
>>
>>74597159
that their system fucked up or that they wanted to test it further :^)
>>
>>74597621
gooooood good goy. harmless.
>>
>>74584407
i don't think its a bad idea. I'm sure there can be some logistics.

if the plane is slowly falling, evacuate from a door, use parachutes that deploy automatically once outside of the plane.

if the plane is falling quickly, unlatch the top of it and eject everyone, again using parachutes that deploy automatically when you're outside the plane. thus you can be unconscious and you'll be good.

then you have to survive in the ocean? at least theres a chance of that. have an inflatable raft that automatically searches for people with the parachute back pack on. have the rest of the parachute detach and sink. I'm sure there's logistics to combat this. I think the real issue is $$$ and acknowledging that crashing is possible.
>>
>>74597699
What else would it be ? Such a great nation wouldn't harm anyone for political reasons, you know it.
>>
>>74597469
I travel 200k miles a year by air for business. And it never quite feels normal. I think we relate OK to things like driving because the brain has an analogy "This is like running, just faster". We have nothing to relate to flying.
I just have a drink, trust in the odds (it's pretty damn safe, statistically) and know that if the Big One comes it won't last too long. Better than a slow death from cancer.
>>
File: allahu akbar.gif (993 KB, 317x178) Image search: [Google]
allahu akbar.gif
993 KB, 317x178
>>74597804
A large part of me really wants this to be Israels fault.
>>
>>74597469
I wish they would put 550 people that think a parachute would save them on an A380 and then crash the plane with no survivors, so that the rest of the parachute-fags would see how useless it is.
>>
>>74597875
This. It's just fucking unnatural. I don't take solace in safety statistics either because one catastrophic thing goes wrong then you're dead, and it will be terrifying
>>
>>74597926
If it is, it's not like we're ever gonna hear about it
>>
>>74597875
My friend tried to tell me that as long as it's over land, the plane would come gliding down rather than falling straight to a fiery death. That still doesn't make me feel safe.
>>
>>74598056
Well, if the plane can glide odds are you got a pretty good chance. Water or land makes no difference (key point) with RIGHT pilot. See Miracle on the Hudson and the Gimli Glider.

Very few un-bombed aircraft crash from cruise. The only one that comes to mind quickly is the idiot Air France pilot that killed a fuckton of innocents over the Atlantic because he panicked and forgot you push FORWARD in a stall. Flew a perfectly functioning billion dollar jet into the water.

Planes can take a shit ton more than the people in them. A few times a year you get people with broken arms and legs and necks from unexpected severe turbulence. The recent one coming from South American to US had photos where peoples heads had smashed fucking holes in the overhead bins. That's a lot of Gs! The plane was undamaged. Pro Tip: Over the ocean, stay in your fucking seat with the belt pulled tight. I caught a stew one time, we slammed into a large downdraft, she floated, I pulled her into my lap, and we got quite close on the pullout. Near Greenland IAD to CDG, United.

If you subtract landing in bad weather, planes pretty much don't crash. I don't fly into bad weather at the final destination, period.
I makes the odds of getting hurt about the same as winning the lottery.
>>
>>74584407
Every single time, every single fucking plane that crashes some chucklefuck suggests parachutes.

1. This isn't Looney Tunes, parachutes aren't magical easy to operate devices with a nice little touch screen that lets you choose how hard your landing is.
2. When you're landing in the sea you've still got to deal with surviving that, assuming you don't kill yourself hitting the ground.
3. When you're parachuting from 30,000ft+ you create all kinds of problems. The plane loses pressure, you can't fucking breathe, it's cold as hell, if you open your parachute too soon you're going to die.
4. Parachutes aren't magical lightweight devices. One for every person on the plane would probably kill more people than they saved [the additional weight might just be enough to fuck up something else.]
5. If you're taking off or landing, you're fucked. Good luck jumping out of a plane that loses it's wing at 200ft.
6. If you're moving around aggressively [i.e. wing falls off at 31,000ft] you're fucked
7. If you're blown into multiple pieces [i.e. bomb at 31,000ft] you're fucked
8. If you're in a situation where you don't know whether to risk a landing or bail out, you're fucked.

It goes on and on like this. Say both engines fail over water - are you going to parachute into the sea, or try to land with the plane? Your odds would actually be better inside the plane.

They don't armour planes because it would add cost and weight. Weight in particular could contribute to killing more people than it saves.

It's far more cost effective to stop bombs getting onto planes in the first place [which doesn't mean TSA security circus.]
>>74597130
You don't have to armour the entire plane, he was specifically getting at cargo holds.

They looked into it if I remember right and I believe the conclusion was that it might've been possible, but wouldn't be cost effective and would be a pain to implement especially since it [obviously] works a lot better on a 747 than a Beech 1900.
>>
>>74584699
15 French citizens, 1+5=6
>>
>>74598780
Links for referenced events:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli_Glider

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_Flight_1549

https://weather.com/news/news/american-airlines-flight-turbulence#/!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_447
>>
>>74589834
General Aviation aircraft often do.

Larger aircraft would need such an obscenely large parachute as to make it uneconomical, not to mention that if the hypothetical thing accidentally deploys at low altitude it could slow the plane enough to cause a crash, but not enough to make it a survivable one.
>>
File: worldwide_plane_crash_stats.png (248 KB, 1071x619) Image search: [Google]
worldwide_plane_crash_stats.png
248 KB, 1071x619
>>74598056

You shouldn't be afraid of flying, it's by far the safest form of transport.Tens of millions of flights take off every year without any problems.
>>
>>74598946
Defending not anti crash measures for civilian planes just makes you look like a jew.
>>
guys, i did the research, there was no plane, it never crashed because it never took off
>>
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 640x870) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 640x870
>>74584407
There will be more planes going down. You'll see.
>>
>>74585035
This.

Next OP will ask why they don't make the plane out of the same material as the blackbox
>>
>>74599237
There are plenty of anti-crash measures. Entire labyrinths of aviation regulations exist.

These ones would do nearly nothing at best, bankrupt airlines and kill people at worst.

The most cost-effective anti-crash measure is not taking off in the first place, but then you've got to drive, and then you're going to die in a car accident instead.

(Actually, I remember some arguing about whether to require babies be seated [and thus parents buy extra seats] invoking the situation that if this was required then more people would drive, increasing rather than decreasing the overall number of dead babies.)
>>
>>74599520
>most cost-effective
shit, cut out that "cost", it should just say "Most effective"
>>
File: 1377068285224.jpg (82 KB, 612x587) Image search: [Google]
1377068285224.jpg
82 KB, 612x587
>>74599520
>bankrupt
>thinks words is the same as actually having safety measures
>cost

I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
A flight attendant said she was "going down" the aisle with the drinks or whatever and I had to pull an all-nighter in the airport, I heard those words and started hyperventilating
>>
>>74584407
Because most crashes occur at landing. The next most often occur at takeoff. No time to jump and deploy parachute.
>>
File: cia.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
HE DIDN'T FLY SO GOOD
>>
>>74599720
>thinks words is the same as actually having safety measures
You violate those words and you're not selling your plane in any country with aviation regulations, flying that plane across any national borders, or keeping your airline open for business.

The airline industry as a whole bleeds money, especially now with the expectation of low fairs and abolishing of price regulation in the 70s. It's the anti-Jew of commerce.
>>
>>74599980
>anti-jew

Yes, we know you hate that
>>
>>74584407
because skydiving altitude is 1/3 the height of cruising altitude
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=typical%20skydiving%20altitude
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=typical%20cruising%20altitude
>>
>>74598780
>I caught a stew one time, we slammed into a large downdraft, she floated, I pulled her into my lap, and we got quite close on the pullout.

Gonna need greentext on this.
>>
>>74600041
To be honest as a planespotting wanker I'd rather it'd stayed regulated.

TWA and Pan-Am could've been spoonfed good routes, cool little airlines like PSA could've been kept alive, oil price changes would have less effect, and stuff like Southwest could take advantage of loopholes that let them dodge fair regulations provided they're operating relatively short routes.
>>
>>74598958
Kek.
>>
>>74587444

>Not knowing how to spell plane
>American education
>>
>>74600224

no, fuck that

deregulation actually created a shit-load of jobs, yeah it killed a bunch of airlines but a number of new ones popped up

southwest was founded as a protest to airline regulation, and they flew only in texas until deregulation happened, and the wright ammendment (which expired almost 2 years ago) made it so they can't fly to states that don't directly border texas, the work-around they did was to change planes in new mexico, loisiana, oklahoma, etc,

now they can fly direct to anywhere from love field, so, they aren't a land-locked airline anymore
>>
>>74584699
>the plot thickens
>>
File: 1461631640785.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
1461631640785.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1600
>>74584407
>be completely untrained
>be able to secure a parachute harness
>be able to secure the harnesses on your family members
>be able to open the emergency exits during an attack/nosedive/panic
>be able to orchestrate a 70 person jump from 30,000 feet (2-3x the height of a recreational jump)
>be able to not drown when landing in the middle of the sea with a giant parachute on top of you
also
>parachuting out of a jet aircraft, ever

Muzzies aren't the problem though, it's the passengers/airlines fault for not having parachutes or attack-proof craft.
>>
>>74600448
>but a number of new ones popped up
Almost all of them copycat LCCs, and almost all of them operating generic twinjets, and I'm willing to hazard that most of the jobs created to replace those lost run at a far lower pay grade to boot.

If you want flying bus companies, woo deregulation, if you're a planespotter it's poison. What colour of tail do you want your 737 or A320 in?

If you think that Legend Airlines is fungible with TWA or Pan Am, you're mad.

(I oversimplify, some of the best planespotting-y years came after deregulation with all the cute little startups just before the big names started to die or merge, but nowadays it's fucked, which I'm tracing right back to deregulation and increasing ETOPS times as the big two reasons.)

Having Southwest type carriers skirt the rules while TWA skims off the top of business passengers is the best of both worlds from a purely plane-spotting perspective, even if it gives economists aneurysms and upsets holidaymakers.
>>
>>74600224

also

>planespotting

literal autism

>standing near an airport watching planes take off and taking pictures

seriously, get a life m8
>>
>>74600880

>wanting government regulation in the free market

leave it to a bongistani to want government controll

sorry, i prefer LESS government regulation in the free market, fucker
>>
>>74584699
the tot phickens
>>
ISIS JUST CLAIMED CREDIT FOR THE BOMBING

"there's more to come, Washington, you're next"
>>
>>74601047
It's brilliant though, because it's a literal autism hobby it's impossible to have it be ruined by encroaching politics and such.

At least from the hobby side of things. From the aviation side of things, Economics wants it fucked.

>>74601204
It's an industry already riddled with government regulations in terms of safety.
Furthermore I see strong nationalist arguments for it. Pan Am and TWA were as much symbols of the USA as Coca Cola and McDonalds. In the USA for the most part they were strangled by mismanagement and internal competition, but [especially in Europe] the risk from external competition is much greater.

Faced between losing a national airline like BA, and violating free market principles by introducing subsidy or regulation, I would choose the latter. A national airline is one of the trappings of statehood.
>>
File: big guy.png (128 KB, 682x1016) Image search: [Google]
big guy.png
128 KB, 682x1016
>>74590650
bigger parachute?
better get a bigger guy
>>
>>74596679
you're doing it wrong the plane is going at 520 parachutes per mile, you would need at 80 miles per plane it's been proven that mile is strongest parachute per hour.
>>
>>74601670

you know there's an airline THAT IS LITERALLY NAMED "AMERICAN" and the planes have the stars and stripes on the entire back half
>>
>>74601670

we also used to have a strong manufacturing economy, now everything is made overseas, and there's nothing that will bring those jobs back

that was then, this is now

what's your point?
>>
>>74601897
I also know that in spite of this, it never had the symbolic value of Pan Am.
[I was also partial to the old logo and livery: Reminded me faintly of Amtrak, which helped build an image.]

Not that it matters so much nowadays anyway, Eurowhite messes that barely evoke flying let alone nationalities.
>>
>>74602051
My vague point is that perhaps greater regulation and protectionism could protect certain sectors to the exploitation of others, with a specific focus on airlines.

It's implicitly conceded that it's too late now [hence why I framed it as "It'd stayed regulated..." instead of "It should be re-regulated."] for it to be worthwhile since the old airlines and aircraft designs are dead.
>>
>>74584407
Plane was shot down by Israels new ground to air missile, it's just a live test, nothing to worry.
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.