[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non-drinkers and alcohol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: noalcohol.jpg (20 KB, 330x363) Image search: [Google]
noalcohol.jpg
20 KB, 330x363
Is it safe to say that everyone who doesn't drink alcohol thinks it should be illegal?

I certainly think it should be illegal. In fact, part of the reason why I support Donald Trump for president is because he doesn't drink. Most drinkers are degenerates who can't handle alcohol.
>>
File: 606.jpg (134 KB, 1279x960) Image search: [Google]
606.jpg
134 KB, 1279x960
You're a coward.
>>
>>74583584

You're a drunk.
>>
>>74583584

And you're also a raging faggot.
>>
>>74583584
>can only delude yourself into 'bravery' with the liquid jew
>>
>>74582606
Never learned any history, eh? That's all been done before. Helped make the Kennedy family. Al Capone too. Was the centerpiece or organized crime for a decade.

But yeah, this time it will be different. let's do prohibition all over again!
>>
>>74584389

So you would rather live in a society full of unwanted pregnancies, drunk drivers and broken families?
>>
>>74583918

>I'm so sociable and outgoing. I have a beautiful aryan wife, 5 kids, a 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom house and a 6 figure job. I never feel stress and live a perfect balanced life. I have no social crutches and am completely emotionally independent and mentally healthy.
>I go on 4chan

pick one, only one
>>
>>74582606
>Is it safe to say that everyone who doesn't drink alcohol thinks it should be illegal?
No
>>
That's great. Opening my fourth beer in an hour. Don't fucking tell me how to live you motherfucker. I will die before I stop drinking.
>>
>>74583838
I'm not the one who supports banning one of the most ubiquitous substances in society.

>I don't like something therefore no one should have it

Get fucked fascists.
>>
>>74582606
>Is it safe to say that everyone who doesn't drink alcohol thinks it should be illegal?

No, are you retarded?
>>
>>74584570

You will die FROM drinking if you don't stop.
>>
>>74584590

You sound more of a fascist than I do, you cunt.
>>
>>74584591

Are you a drunk?
>>
>>74584817

He's made his choice, let him be
>>
>>74584890

No.
>>
>>74582606
everyone turns into a fucking faggot when they are drunk
>>
>>74584499
Obviously you have not learned anything. All that stuff and more was prevalent during prohibition.

Hey genious, you think pot should be legal? Get some schooling, junior.
>>
>>74585058

So you would.
>>
>>74585001

There's obviously a lot of drunks in this thread right now.
>>
File: 1458180662543.gif (450 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1458180662543.gif
450 KB, 300x169
>>74584963

>get's called a fascist
>n-no u
>has to have absolute control over other people's lives
>samefagging hard

Some people have serious issues and come from very bad places. Sometimes drinking is their way to forget about that. Some people are too poor or too fucked up to get anything out of a shrink. You can't go around telling people how to live and expect not to get shit, my friend. It's better to just leave them to their drink.
>>
>>74582606
> What is moderation
>>
>>74584877
I don't drink, ever

Also

>implying enjoying alcohol = drunk
>>
>>74585461
>implying enjoying alcohol = drunk

I bet you think anyone who shoots guns is a mass murderer to, don't you?
>>
File: 1462402052125.jpg (77 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
1462402052125.jpg
77 KB, 800x522
>>74585461
>>74585499
>>
>>74585611
>autism in action
>>
>>74582606
Read wat Nietzsche said about alcohol. Basically he was against it because it deludes people into believing a different reality, one where their problems don't exist and that everything is good, thus driving men to not improve or self-actualise themselves. I personally don't drink because I care about my health but I don't think it should be illegal.
>>
I rarely drink but drug prohibition is never a right answer t b h
>>
File: 1459219682607.jpg (55 KB, 306x430) Image search: [Google]
1459219682607.jpg
55 KB, 306x430
>>74585737
>>
>>74585407
I tried a shrink when I was in highschool about ten years ago and tried it again when about three years ago. Was on meds for a while but then they started forcing me to "voluntarily" have myself be locked up in a mental hospital. I stopped going and eventually they stopped calling. I'll take death by liver failure over confinement any day of the week. I work all week. I need to blow off steam in the weekends and there's no other way I can do it anymore. I don't have any friends anymore, not even online. Sometimes I think I'm going crazy.
>>
>>74582606
You guys are getting Lib hugging faget tier day by day.
>>
File: Bianca Perry 09.jpg (398 KB, 2600x1800) Image search: [Google]
Bianca Perry 09.jpg
398 KB, 2600x1800
>I'm contrarian and people that don't post on 4chan do [thing]
>I'm autistic and I throw a spastic manchild tantrum at the slightest hint of [thing]
>Therefore [thing] is DEGENERATE
>Everything DEGENERATE offends me

In other words, you're an adult with the mental age of a child roleplaying a conservative because it's what the rest of /pol/ does.
>>
I'm 22 and been drinking on weekends and that from around 16, between then and 19 i became a full blown alcoholic, I have managed to bounce from job to job just long enough to pick up some pay, I drink alone on the computer when I do drink and I don't drink the premium stuff either it's the 7.5% cider

I personally don't think it should be illegal but drinks that cater to alcoholics like 3 litres of cider that's 7.5% for only £2.50 should be banned or alcohol like that should be less assessable but that's just me and of course I don't blame my addiction on anything else than myself but strong, cheap, readily available booze can claw you down right to the bottom with amazing speed
>>
>>74582606

It makes literally zero sense alcohol to be legal and marijuana be illegal.

Both should be illegal.
>>
Only if we agree to also make being a faggot illegal. That means you, OP. You'll be on the other side of the wall when Trump is the president.
>>
Friendly reminder that even heavy drinkers statistically live longer than non-drinkers, while moderate drinkers live the longest.

Enjoy your heart disease soberfags!

https://psmag.com/the-truth-we-won-t-admit-drinking-is-healthy-4d3c7b12fa9a#.riogu4dqf
>>
>>74585913

Try to find something meaningful to do with the rest of your life, sometimes that helps you move on and gives you a reason to break the cycle, but you do have a point. For some people it's preferable to be the cause of your own demise and die young than to live life as a miserable sack of shit or in a padded room, these people and their choices should be respected.
>>
>>74582606
Are you the same fuckwad who make the very similar anti-pot threads?
>>
>>74583838
Can't trust non drinkers tbqh
>>
>>74582606
I haven't drank in 6 months. But I don't hate it. I just think we'd be better off if we made our own alcohols, and instead of it being designed to get you shit faced, make sure it has some potential dietary benefits.

I like to make a black tea mead with cactus honey and champagne yeast, and drink it unfiltered (just decanted).
>>
File: 12453131.png (28 KB, 175x230) Image search: [Google]
12453131.png
28 KB, 175x230
You want to give even more money to the Mafia anon?
>>
>>74586178

Who funded that study? The alcohol industry?
>>
My childhood was destroyed by having two alcoholic parents but even I'm not fucking retarded enough to actually hate an inanimate object.
>>
>>74586567
Damn Anon sorry
You sound
Based
>>
How about we stop banning things that don't hurt anyone but themselves. This is America.
>>
>>74586178
Correctional, I'd assume. The same way that statistically, pipe tobacco smokers live longer than non-smokers. Turns out people who practice moderation, tend to be smarter and more affluent.

Not to say drinking can't help bridge some nutritional deficiencies, but vodka and other spirits won't do that.
>>
>>74582606
>Most drinkers are degenerates who can't handle alcohol
I agree, but banning alcohol won't help with their issues. It would only stigmatize them.
>>
>>74586680
*Correlational
>>
>>74582606
Yes because prohibition worked perfectly and on one drank when it was illegal. You fucking moton
>>
File: 1463767191646-pol.jpg (370 KB, 563x700) Image search: [Google]
1463767191646-pol.jpg
370 KB, 563x700
I dont drink but god damn making it illegal? Do you want to increase crime and make the goverment larger?

Fucking U.S freedoms enemy #1.
>>
>>74586546
>In the largest prospective study ever conducted for alcohol, involving nearly a half million subjects, sponsored by the American Cancer Society (need I say, an organization not regarded as an alcohol industry stooge)
>>
>>74586680
I don't smoke but my great grandfather smoked a carton a day and lived till 98. Was a pretty active guy on his ranch till the end.
>>
I don't drink and I don't want to see alcohol banned.

I'd be ok with it be restricted more. Especially hard liquor. Maybe only available on the weekdays and before sundown.

I live in an area that has really bad drunk driving issues and it's beyond infuriating to see trash walk out of the local hard liquor store and immediately start downing the bottle while they are getting into the car.
>>
I drink a few beers every night and love a glass of vino with my meals but I still think alcohol should be illegal.

It's no different than drugs in my opinion
>>
>>74586273
I DO do something meaningful on weekdays, just not on weekends. I own my own house and have a stable job. I just don't have friends or love interests and most of the time don't want any. It's just that there are brief moments when I do miss some social interaction that isn't work-related. If that makes me a "degenerate" in anyone's eyes, especially on this shit stain of a board, I won't lose any sleep over it to be sure. Most of you probably still live with your parents getting fed straight from your mother's milkbags and eat the meals your stepfathers pay for. You don't get to judge me.
>>
>>74586920
Did he drink?
>>
>>74582606
> A bunch of faggots binge drinking means I can't enjoy a few beers, the occasional cocktail, or wine.
>>
>>74583838
Saudi Arabia bans alcohol.

Move there, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>74586680
>correlational
I don't think so, seeing as how it is specifically heart disease problems that it prevents. The idea that alcohol thins the blood and reduces stress.
>>
>>74587366

I won't have to once Trump becomes president.
>>
>>74587476
Lol my ass.

Fuck off Mohammed.
>>
I'm an alcoholic and I think it should be illegal.
Hell people want free speech to be illegal.
Why to pot smokers get shit on but drunks get a free pass?
I'm so of the hypocrisy of this shit-stained world.
>>
>>74582606
>Safe
Yes
>Accurate
No
Personal choice
>>
White mans burden. People who make a fuss about not drinking are generally annoying people with little life experience. I don't trust them.
Just have a small drink and shut up about it. Faggots.
>>
>>74587122

I'm not arguing with you, if work is what you've dedicated yourself to then that's good for you. I just don't like self-righteous faggots like OP who have never lived outside of the sunshine and lolipops of white suburbia going around telling people how they should live, seeing as they've never seen bad shit in their lives and are more sheltered than zoo animals.
>>
>>74587241
Maybe, but never saw him or heard he him talk of drinking.
>>
>>74587670
Thank god the white faggot is being bred out.
Maybe degeneracy will be too.
>>
>>74587476
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1990-04-15/news/9001310473_1_donald-trump-drug-czars-enforcement-efforts
>>
>>74587770

Seeing as the world is going to be left to pajeet, Tyrone, and Ping Lao, "degeneracy" is probably only going to get worse.
>>
>>74582606
He has a toast every once and a while, and let me guess you're a Muslim who wants a global caliphate and wants Sharia law. Stop trying to restrict other people's liberty you unamerican treasonous bastard. Get out of my country.

The founders would spit at you.
>>
Once you do other better drugs you wont want toxic alcohol anymore anyways
>>
>>74587901

You would have to kick every non-drinker out of this country, then.
>>
>>74585964

I was there m8. On the frostys or the 3 hammers daily. A life of moderate drinking is a better than being an alcoholic imho.
>>
>>74582606
You're either a religious zealot overly obsessed with other people's lives or your life sucks and you want to dampen the party for everyone else. It is my body and I should have the right to put in it whatever the fuck I want.

If you don't like alcohol and want highly restricted liberty leave and move to Iran you cuck.
>>
>>74587542

Is Trump a Muslim? Are all non-drinkers Muslim to you?
>>
>>74587895
Oh don't worry about that, the streetshitters are already digging mass graves the the massive casualties the oncoming heatwave will produce. They're dying in droves.

http://in.reuters.com/article/pakistan-heatwave-idINKCN0YB0UB
>>
>>74588104

Eat a bullet, you fucking alcoholic.
>>
Prohibition and fascism can't be any worse than what we've already got. You want to keep alcohol legal? Go vote for Clinton or Sanders. They obviously drink a ton of it.
>>
>>74588252
>everyone who drinks alcohol is an alcoholic.
I'm guessing you're not older than 19.
>>
>>74582606
True story, non-drinker bro! But there is no reason to make it illegal- it should be your very own decision- remember your own US- prohibition law experience, and all that mafia stuff.
>>
>>74588366
Read my link faggot. Trump is down with legalizing ALL drugs. And he owns a winery...
>>
File: Trump.jpg (8 KB, 284x178) Image search: [Google]
Trump.jpg
8 KB, 284x178
>>74582606
>>74588030
You dumbass, not everyone who doesn't drink believes in taking away the rights of others.

Not everyone owns guns but just because someone doesn't own a gun doesn't mean they believe in shredding the 2nd amendment. You don't have to personally partake in something to believe in other people's right to choose to do so.

For you to even suggest banning alcohol, is actually very anti-American as our founders all loved to drink. Actually wars were fought over alcohol, google the whiskey rebellion.

Donald Trump isn't going to ban alcohol you moron, he has his own brand of wine you dumb fuck.
>>
File: 1462790230795.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1462790230795.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
>>74588366
>>74588252
>>
>>74582606
It's never ever going to happen, alcohol is so ingrained in our culture and our history.

Remember how well prohibition went over? It would go over even worse now. It's not happening.
>>
>>74582606
I drank too much yesterday and wet the bed, what the fuck.
>>
>>74588798

How would anyone here know how well Prohibition went unless they lived during that time? All we know about it is what's mentioned in the history books, which are probably written by the alcohol companies.
>>
>>74588213

Nuclear war will end it all soon anyway. China is running out of water and is going to need to "reach out", and the more zealous and aggressive muslims become the more likely India and Pakistan are to launch their missiles and begin the annihilation of the human race.
>>
>>74587670
This, I remember when I refused to drink alcohol. I thought I was better than everyone else, truth was I didn't really have any life experience or friends to drink with.
>>
>>74588911
Haha yeah literally all history ever recorded in any book anywhere in the entire world was made by companies.

Jesus Christ how do people get this retarded? It is that hard to understand that when your inhabitants' rights are infringed upon they might get angry?
>>
>>74582606
We did make it illegal once, you retard. It was called Prohibition. We even made an amendment illegalizing it and look how that turned out
>>
>>74582606
As a trump supporter I have to say you are possibly the dumbest person on this board... for today.

Also he doesn't totally abstain, he just doesn't drink regularly.

Also our prisons are full enough as they are
>huur let's make another substance illegal one that will likely land many people in jail

We don't have the time or money to be housing tons more people in prison over alcohol infractions. You think marijuana arrests are bad?

If alcohol were made illegal the arrests would be 100 fold. Not to mention alcohol is fucking easy to make at home and to escape detection with.
>>
>>74582606
I don't smoke weed yet I don't think it should be illegal.
Don't group me into your band of faggots.
>>
>making something illegal that anyone anywhere can make as long as they have sugar (food)

Yeah I'm sure that'll work just fine.
>>
>>74583584
>in shape, great skin, non-bloated face alcoholic

this is what the jewish media wants you to believe
>>
>>74582606
I don't drink but why should it be illegal let idiots ruin there own body's
>>
>>74588531

> Donald Trump isn't going to ban alcohol you moron, he has his own brand of wine you dumb fuck.

Just because it says Trump on the label doesn't mean Donald himself endorsed it.
>>
>>74582606
I certainly dont drink a lot. A glass of whiskey or 2 a year, but i dont think its should be banned.
>>
>>74589269

Look out, they'll ban bread and baking to keep yeast out of our hands too.
>>
File: 06.jpg (41 KB, 463x402) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
41 KB, 463x402
Every noticed how a drinker can never let it go when they discover some doesn't drink?

Relax.
>>
>>74585814
>Russian
>"rarely drink"

How does it feel to have failed at being a Slav? I bet your family thinks you're retarded.
>>
>>74582606
Tell me Cassanova, what do you do for fun on Friday nights? Sit at home in your basement and play dungeons and dragons with your imaginary friends while lamenting those who go out and have a good time with other people?
>>
>>74582606
I have a condition called pancreatitis so I'm not able to drink alcohol. Now while I see the flaws that alcoholism causes in society I don't think it should be made illegal. Not only has history proven that prohibition doesn't work, telling people they can't do something never works with anything.

Education is the main factor, if you explore the reasons why people drink and/or abuse alcohol, you will see it's the same with any addiction.

Do I find loud alcoholics annoying like everyone else, of course but I'm not going to start policing people's action. I'll judge them because I'm not perfect but I sure as hell aren't going to preach to them.
>>
>>74589394
You mean like blazers?
>>
>>74585001
How drunk are you? Or, are you just this much of a faggot all the time?
>>
>>74589481

At least I wouldn't be puking in the toilet Saturday morning.
>>
I drink about 1/4 of a bottle in vodka every night. sometimes I overdo it and endup puking all day ;3
>>
>>74589581
Lol didn't deny it huh m8
>>
>>74582606

I don't drink. I think it's really pointless. But I really don't care if other people consume alcohol.

Though it's definitely annoying being around most people when they're drunk, and basically all social situations involve drinking.
>>
>>74589327
So you think he wants to see his own brand which he clearly makes money off of, go bankrupt?
>>
>>74589481

I've never played Dungeons & Dragons, but I imagine it requires more brain power than what the average drunk can conjure up.
>>
>>74582606
I don't drink, yet I have no problem with people who do.
>>
>>74582606
I'm someone who only drinks whisky as cough medicine when I don't want my coughing to keep the entire building awake. I think that alcohol shouldn't be illegal, but punishments for alcohol-aided crimes should carry a 3-4x harsher sentence, and repeat alcohol abuses should be punished with death since they're too useless
>>
>>74589208

So what?
>>
>>74589995
Are you really that bad with alcohol? You sound like an absolute lightweight. Drinking =/= drunk
>>
>>74582606
I am drinking right now, I like it
>>
>>74589995
You still haven't told us what you do for fun.
>>
>>74582606
What religion are you?
>>
>>74589995
after some time you cant listen to your master anymore and you need things to be told multiple times
>>
>>74590766

I'm not religious. I just have an interest in seeing society get out of this mediocre rut in which alcohol is partly to blame.
>>
>>74590588
I am a total manlet but still good at drinking
>>
>>74590883
>I just have an interest in seeing society get out of this mediocre rut in which alcohol is partly to blame.
You're an idiot and clearly don't understand how society works or what the roots of certain problems are.

Always remember correlation doe snot imply causation. Alcohol and the current state of our society are not linked or causal.
>>
When does drinking turn into degeneracy?

Is a glass of wine on Sunday okay? What about one 16-40oz beer a couple of times a week? Or 1-2 hard liquor per day? Is drinking once a month degeneracy?
Where do you guys draw the line?
>>
>>74582606
I don't think it should be illegal, because it would only lead to bootlegging and such. That said, consuming alcohol and becoming intoxicated is the highest sign of being a weakling.
>>
>>74582606
I do not drink.
Fuck off.
Like.
LITERALLY.
Fuck off.
>>
>>74582606
fuck no, i dont drink alcohol but it should stay legal. never gonna be illegal in belgium.
>>
>>74591104

If you guys were sober enough to read my OP, I pointed out that MOST drinkers can't handle alcohol. I'm not denying there are moderate drinkers out there, but they are few and far between. Read the crime reports, and you'll see that alcohol (or some other substance) was involved. It's a bigger problem than people think.
>>
>>74591268
[Citation needed]
>>
>>74582606
People who do nothing but act all high and mighty because they don't do drugs/drink/whatever, are pretty much as annoying as the faggots going around saying oh dude, I'm so high right now haha or ohhh shit I'm so wasted.

So pretty much each end of the spectrum are fucking annoying. Don't drink? No one cares. Drink? No one cares. Keep it to yourself, fag.
>>
>>74585964
It's not too late for you to kick the habit. You're still really young. Brain development doesn't stop until age 27
>>
File: WP_20160520_15_48_44_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160520_15_48_44_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 3072x1728
>>74585964
Hey pal, ol Britain pal, I need your help soon, I need you to be healthy and strong, there's a storm a comin', please ease off it m8.

Train right! Eat right! Sleep right!
>>
>>74591268
Didn't answer my question.
>>
File: Nancy Grace.jpg (9 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
Nancy Grace.jpg
9 KB, 290x174
>>74582606
Who the fuck cares? We've got one problem after another and you're worried about the boozers?
>>
>>74592172

I already did.
>>
>>74585964
Really m8, lay off high power shit My dad didn't, (graphic warning)
>>
>>74591442
I have a medical condition so I can't drink and I hang out with people that do. I rarely ever, if Ever came across anyone who gave me any shit for it. Maybe because it's not a moral objection but a medical people don't take offense and I never preach sobriety. I am offered drugs all the time too but most I choose not to partake but I'll still hang out as long as you're friendly. I try not to judge unless it endangers myself or themselves, like driving I'll speak up and try and talk some sense into someone.
>>
>>74582606
>I dont like it so it should be illegal

Literally the most fucking disgusting train of thought you could ever have. You hate liberty. You hate freedom. Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>74582606
>Dont drink
>try to impose your beliefs on someone else and tell them what they can or cant ingest into their own body

why dont you fuck off?
>>
>>74592822

No, what I hate is degeneracy.
>>
>>74589394
I don't give a fuck who drinks or who doesn't just don't trample on people's rights who choose to drink.

Well I do care if you've been drinking and you get behind the wheel of a car or if you're performing surgery or something like that, but other than that I don't give a damn.
>>
>>74592855

Sure, after you tell all other non-drinkers here to fuck off.
>>
>>74592878
Please give us a list of what all you consider degenerate I want to see your line of thinking as well as your motivation.
>>
>>74582606
That's right, roman emperors were degenerate
>>
>>74592936
In case you didn't notice several non-drinkers here have told you to fuck off. Stop with the mob mentality that all non drinkers must think and act the same.
>>
File: Alexander the gay lush.jpg (27 KB, 600x347) Image search: [Google]
Alexander the gay lush.jpg
27 KB, 600x347
>>74582606
Some of the best and most influential people in history were drunks.

>Ulysses S. Grant was a drunk, actually he was perpetually drunk even during battles.
>Winston Churchill was a drunk.
>Richard Nixon was a drunk, he was a damn fine President except for Watergate.
>The actress Judy Garland was a drunk.
>Buzz Aldrin (second man to walk on moon) was a drunk
Further notable people who were drunks are as follows:
>Vincent Van Gogh
>Betty Ford (wife of President Ford)
>Ernest Hemingway
>Senator Joseph McCarthy literally drank himself into an early grave
>Bill Wilson
>Boris Yeltsin, the man who ridded Russia of communism
>Alexander the Great - Historian's have long argued over the impact alcohol play in Alexander the Great's life. John Maxwell O'Brien, an Associate Professor of History at City University, New York, Alexander's writes in his book Alexander the Great: The Invisible Enemy, that Alexander suffered the "the classic symptoms of alcoholism." Alexander the Great's untimely death at the tender age of 32 was likely caused by alcohol. Greek historian Diodorus believes Alexander died after drinking a large bowl of unmixed wine.
>>
>>74593667

> were
> was

Key words there.
>>
File: GrantWhiskeyQuote.png (184 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
GrantWhiskeyQuote.png
184 KB, 450x300
>>74593667
To add to anon's list of famous historical alcoholics

Buzz Aldrin, astronaut and 2nd man on the moon
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, founder of the Republic of Turkey
Ludwig van Beethoven, German composer and pianist
Goran Bregovic, Yugoslavian singer
Lord Byron, English writer and poet
Winston Churchill, British prime minister in World War II
Cleopatra, last Egyptian pharaoh
William the Conqueror, first Norman king of England
Gerard Depardieu, French actor
Charles Dickens, English writer
Pat Eddery, Irish jockey
Elizabeth, Queen Mother of the U.K.
Benjamin Franklin, ‘Founding Father’ of the United States
Yuri Gagarin, Russian cosmonaut
André the Giant, French wrestler
Vincent van Gogh, Dutch painter
Ulysses S. Grant, General in the American Civil War and US president
Alexander the Great, conqueror from ancient Greece
Peter the Great, the Russian tsar of partying
Václav Havel, Czech dissident and president
Ernest Hemingway, American writer
Billy Joel, American singer-songwriter
Stephen King, American writer
Shane MacGowan, Irish singer of the Pogues
Ferdinand Magellan, Portugese explorer
Mickey Mantle, American baseball player
Karl Marx, German founder of communism
Nero, Roman emperor
Pablo Picasso, Spanish painter
Grigori Rasputin, Russian mystic and advisor to the imperial family
Babe Ruth, American baseball player
Selim II, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire
Frank Sinatra, American singer and movie star
Jan van Speijk, captain of the Dutch fleet and national hero
Jozef Stalin, leader of the Soviet Union
Jan Steen,
Piotr Ilyich Tchaikovski,
Nikola Tesla,
Tiberius, Roman emperor
Mark Twain,
Boris Yeltsin,

>Marcus Antonius (Marc Anthony),
Johan Sebastian Bach,
Hristo Botev,
Charles Bukowsi,
Graham Chapman,
Bette Davis,
Fyodor Dostoyevsky,
William Faulkner,
Gao Yang,
Paul Gauguin,
Mel Gibson,
Jimi Hendrix,
Giorgos Karaiskakis,
Lemmy Kilmister,
Jim Morrison,
Edgar Allen Poe,
Alexander Pushkin,
Kimi Raikkonen,
Jean Sibelius,
Orson Welles,
>>
>>74593806
They all made great contributions to history and the world would be vastly different and arguably a lot worse without them.

>>74593806
They're only no longer drunks because they're dead.
>>
>>74594257

Stalin and Marx made great contributions?
>>
>>74594450
they made a huge impact on the world, you don't have to agree with them to respect them
>>
>>74594450
Sure they transformed the world as we know it. Sometimes the world has to go through shit to come out clean on the other side.

Also you neglected the 90% of people on that list who all made positive contributions in the short and long term.
>>
>>74582606
I drink 2-3 glasses of wine at social gatherings and parties, helps me relax.

But I have never gotten drunk and don't intend to.
>>
Life without alcohol would be unspeakably bland and boring. There is no need to ban a good beer just because some faggots can't control their vice impulses.
>>
>>74594633

A lot of those mentioned I've never even heard of or they were just entertainers. At any rate, popularity has nothing to do whatsoever with what we're talking about.
>>
File: 1463604537250.jpg (25 KB, 490x313) Image search: [Google]
1463604537250.jpg
25 KB, 490x313
>>74582606
Wine drinker here. How is me drinking a glass and watching opera degenerate?
>>
I don't trust people who don't drink. They are either psychotic or serial liars trying to not let their defences down.
>>
>>74594727

> Assumes that only alcohol makes life worth living

Drunk logic
>>
>>74594776
>A lot of those mentioned I've never even heard

.... you cant be serious
>>
>>74594837
>. How is me drinking a glass and watching opera degenerate?

Not degenerate but thats SUPER GAY friend
>>
>>74582606
>I certainly think it should be illegal.
Because you're an anti-science moron.

Daily reminder that moderate alcohol consumption is MORE HEALTHY than not drinking, reducing several types of cancers.

Bottom line: moderate drinkers live longer than subhuman no-fun-alloweds like OP. Stay dumb, fuckhead.
>>
>>74582606
Well, I don't drink it and every post about alcohol just sounds like DUDE BEER LMAO to me.
So, at least you're right about me
>>
>>74594671
>But I have never gotten drunk and don't intend to.
muh control
>>
>>74595017

> Assumes alcohol consumption is the only factor in a person's longevity.

Just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>74585777

I think the internet has replaced alcohol in that regard. People can socialize with other losers instead of improving themselves in order to have real friends.

That along with the easy access of mountains of pornography reducing the need to court females.
>>
>>74594843

I don't trust people who do drink.
>>
>>74595404
The easiest way to find a spy at a party is to find the person who is not drinking
>>
File: Trip.png (383 KB, 1051x1920) Image search: [Google]
Trip.png
383 KB, 1051x1920
>>74582606
>I demand the government control people's lives further than they already do!

So what is the difference between you and one of your gun grabbers? You both want the removal of something from society that other people enjoy. Both of those things are benign, unless somebody abuses or misuses it. Both of you think you're morally superior to people who disagree with you, and both of you think people who disagree with you should be imprisoned for disagreeing with you. Hell, in your case you'd probably want them killed. You're everything you claim to hate.

What is the difference between you and them? Aside from the aforementioned fact that you'd possibly take their hostility towards socially acceptable things to capital punishment levels.
>>
>>74582606
Those who drink moderately have better immune system functioning than those who don't drink at all / teetotalers and those who drink heavily.

I'll be damned if you're going to take away my medicine. Fuck off.
>>
>>74595761

More drunk propaganda.
>>
Not a fan of alcohol nor how I feel when drunk.

Alcoholism runs in the family, so I find limited consumption to be a good choice.

However, I'm not an retarded extremist who wants to ban everything.
>>
I have a shot of vodka poured for me to drink moments away in your honor OP.

For all those who have alcohol nearby and are of legal age to drink, please join me in a drink in honor of OP.

May people like him never realize what ineffectual sheep and tools they really are.

Drink...
>>
>>74594956
Yeah go back to watching trailer park boys.
>>
>>74589394
Buddy, there's a difference between someone who doesn't drink, and someone who doesn't want ME to drink. One exercises their right to choose how they live their life in a legal manner. Another wants to strip me of MY right to choose. For you to not be able to see that, you must be pretty stupid.

Now if drinking makes people stupid, and you don't drink, what is your excuse for being so stupid?
>>
>>74595821
It's true though, google it, scientific studies support this claim. It doesn't mean to go out and get drunk, it just means moderate consumption of alcohol is actually healthy.
>>
>>74595988
>implying I watch any tv

grow up, turbofag
>>
>>74583584
enjoy your rotting dead liver :DDD
>>
>>74596053
>google it

That isn't how it works, even if OP is a retard if you make a claim YOU have to support it
>>
>>74595983

You'll never realize what damage you're doing to your liver and brain cells.
>>
>>74596149
They already have you dumb canuck cunt.

>>74586178
https://psmag.com/the-truth-we-won-t-admit-drinking-is-healthy-4d3c7b12fa9a#.riogu4dqf

Maple syrup is clogging up the gears in your brain.
>>
File: 1463713880241.png (445 KB, 610x690) Image search: [Google]
1463713880241.png
445 KB, 610x690
>>74582606
What a disappointing bait thread.
Given up on the "Guys... GUYS! Trump hates vidya!" tweet have we?
>>
>>74582606
If it weren't for alcohol we wouldn't have awesome ass moments like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE-DEt85uVU
>>
>>74596268
The liver can repair itself, and only 20% of people who have liver disease or damage develop cirrhosis, that's the irreversible liver damage. 80% of us will be fine and dandy.
>>
>>74596330
>They already have you dumb canuck cunt.

No, they haven't. Its not even teh same person who posted that link

To much of the VB today, eh fag?
>>
Not one bit of your pro-alcohol propaganda is going to change the fact that all non-drinkers want to reinstate Prohibition.
>>
>>74596070
>calling high western culture gay

You clearly are brainwashed
>>
>>74587476
omg that would be fucking hilarious. Trump banishes alcohol.
>>
File: feets_33.jpg (74 KB, 538x658) Image search: [Google]
feets_33.jpg
74 KB, 538x658
I have a problem. I have a severe attraction and lust to my best friend's feet. I find myself staring at them when he's barefoot around me. I desperately want to suck his toes and lick the soles of his feet.

Is there anyway I can ask him to let me do this or trick him into getting me to do it without scaring him away?

How would you react if your best friend confessed an obsession and admiration for your feet?
>>
>>74589394
at least they don't make stupid troll threads on 4chan.
>>
>>74596957
Shit fuck. Wrong thread. I've got more than one tab open.
>>
>>74584570
>Opening my fourth beer in an hour

Zuip eens wat sneller slet
>>
File: baltimore-riot-1861-harpers[1].jpg (271 KB, 690x465) Image search: [Google]
baltimore-riot-1861-harpers[1].jpg
271 KB, 690x465
>>74590883
Society was built on alcohol. The flames of passion in our hearts are fueled by it.

The revolutionary war might have been about ideas, but it was fueled by angry tavern goers.

alcohol intensifies emotion, creates and destroys life.

you have to be an under age faggot.
>>
>>74597183

> you have to be an under age faggot.

Yet another drunk making false generalizations.
>>
>>74582606
I don't drink, smoke or consume any drugs and I think they all should be legal to sell and consume. Cultural Darwinism
>>
>>74596957
Typical amerifat
>>
>>74596957
>>74597020
Fill him up with beer when you go out and go down on him when he's unconcious.
Yet another problem solved with Alcohol. Heil Beer.
>>
>>74597672

Actually, it's the reverse of Darwinism. The unhealthy and degenerate are intensifying, while the sober and moralistic are being bred out.
>>
>>74582606
No
We also tried banning alcohol and it didnt work
>>
>>74597870
Im saying if all drugs were legal, the weak would die in the streets from ODs and drug violence. Seems fine to me
>>
File: hopeborders.jpg (146 KB, 606x427) Image search: [Google]
hopeborders.jpg
146 KB, 606x427
>>74597537
No, what you are is a faggot who still sees the world in a false dichotomy.
also, false generalizations?
>"durr he drunk"
nice one.

You probably want alcohol to be illegal, yet you lack the moral courage to enforce such a law yourself, you would merely kneel and beg the strong to do your dirty work.

I bet you never even served in the military, carried a gun, or even punched someone. You sound like a Bernie supporter who begs for free stuff.

"I want free enforcement of Alcohol free zones"
"carry a gun? kick down doors?" "No, I'm against stealing and robbing people"

Pathetic, slave morality.
>>
>>74597959

So how does that prove not all non-drinkers are in favor of Prohibition?
>>
>>74582606
I don't drink for the most part. I had a glass of champagne and two beers last year.

I don't think it should be illegal. But I wish there wasn't a huge culture around drinking and a huge source of pride for many people. Its a beverage. You don't see people bicker which orange juice microbrew is the best, attack people who drink minutemaid, etc
>>
>>74597870
>he drinks, that means he a bad dude

ya sure.

You know good Christians drink beer, get drunk on holidays. Instead, you see people having fun, and assume they are sinful.

You must have puritan blood in your vain. The happiness of others makes you boil with rage.

I've only had sex with one women, my wife
I go to church every Sunday
and I get drunk every Friday.
>>
File: 1429123155377.png (14 KB, 530x492) Image search: [Google]
1429123155377.png
14 KB, 530x492
>>74598052
It doesnt. The first point of my post was to say no its not safe to assume all non drinkers want to ban alcohol.
The second part was to remind you of the fact that in recent history, we did in fact attempt to ban alcohol like filthy muslim countries, and it did not work.
Besides, why would you want to ban a unifying cornerstone of all great civilizations since the dawn of civilization?
>>
>>74597537
>Yet another drunk making false generalizations.

>Accuses others of making generalizations

>Not one bit of your pro-alcohol propaganda is going to change the fact that all non-drinkers want to reinstate Prohibition.

>all non-drinkers want to reinstate Prohibition.

>all non-drinkers

That's one big fucking generalization mate.
>>
>>74597959
It actually did work, though. The "Prohibition failed" thing is a meme they taught in history class to make you a good goy liberal who would vote for legalized drugs. Deaths from alcohol poisoning and shit went WAYYY down.
>>
>>74582606
Once I played a drinking game on /pol/, I took a shot every time I see the word 'nigger' in a /pol/ thread.

Gets me erry tiem
>>
>>74598411

> Besides, why would you want to ban a unifying cornerstone of all great civilizations since the dawn of civilization?

None of those earlier civilizations had the knowledge regarding the dangers of alcohol. Since we have it, it's about time we started to make a change.
>>
>>74582606
I became a recovering alcoholic, and haven't touched a drop in over two years.

Even one beer could put me back where I was. Alcoholism is horrible, but I don't think it should be illegal.
>>
>>74582606
>Alcohol
>not the the most basic form of corruption and crime in humanity.

Remember America's leaders try to prohibit alcohol at one point.

Alcohol is a drug. You're a junkie. Get over it.
>>
File: BenFranklin on alcohol.jpg (89 KB, 628x450) Image search: [Google]
BenFranklin on alcohol.jpg
89 KB, 628x450
>>74582606
Ben Franklin would laugh at you and he was not only a founder but vital to American history.
>>
>>74598785

I don't give a shit. Go fuck yourself, you drunk.
>>
>>74597870
Are you implying Benjamin Franklin and Alexander the Great were both degenerates who you view with scorn for their drunken ways?
>>
You drunks are basing your beliefs on some centuries-old quotes and documents. Non-drinkers are thinking towards the future.
>>
Alcohol is almost as bad as weed imo. I stopped drinking about 3 months ago and have never been more productive.
>>
>>74582606
There is something seriously off with people who don't drink, like, at all.

Now, with that being said, most people would be much better off not drinking at all. The world is filled with degenerates who don't have a single clue about how much they can take before turning into disgusting untermenschen, while others know that and still don't stop in time. These fucking animals are truly subhuman.

But if you are an actual human being, unlike 90% of people inhabiting this planet, not drinking ever is fucking stupid. There is no viable reason to do it.
>>
>>74599145
>>74598903

Its not about weather alcohol is bad for you.

Its that fact that you are a follower of slave morality who begs the strong to enforce your will.

People like you usually have zero military service, no background in law enforcement, and likely lack any facility in violence.

People like you are sheep. You sound like a Bern out who thinks people deserve free school and healthcare, but you would never help collect taxes.

This is why only veterans should vote. The weak should have no say in our society.
>>
>>74599489

Why would I support Bernie? He's less likely to ban alcohol than Trump.
>>
>>74599489
>It's not about whether alcohol is bad for you, it's about [ad hominem attack]
>>
>>74599702
I can 100% guarantee you neither Bernie, nor Hillary, nor Trump wants to nor would be able to even if they wanted to, to band alcohol. They would need to pass a constitutional amendment and if you know anything about how amendments are passed it's not happening.
>>
>>74599469
Здpaвcтвyйтe мoй пycкий coceд. Why would you stop drinking once you've started? World is full of shit, people are animals and nothing has a purpose.
>>
>>74599702
Trump literally sells alcohol you dipshit.

Why would he want to make something illegal, that makes him millions?
Why do you think they give out free Alcohol at casinos.

Ether way, you still don't understand why you are a weak and pathetic animal. This leads me to believe you are a 19 year old college freshmen, who probably looks at your classmates who enjoy themselves with scorn.

>>74599728
How so? He wants it to be illegal?
He obviously is too much of a little bitch to form a Army and enforce such nonsense, so he instead begs the strong to do a service for him.

He has yet to realize how the world works, and until then, he will keep making minecraft plans in his head about how much better he can make the world.

>oh boy, if I was in charge and made alcohol illegal, that would increase efficiency.

I've been to countries were Alcohol is limited or illegal. The people there fuck goats. Its where OP belongs, only he should be the goat.
>>
>>74599489
>People like you usually have zero military service, no background in law enforcement

It's a well known fact that those who enlist in the military or the police force are less educated and less intelligent than most people. You're not helping your case. I do however have experience with law enforcement only because I come from a long line of judges and lawyers.
Most police officers are incompetent fucks who screw up cases.

>This is why only veterans should vote.
Heh, yea that's never going to happen.
>>
>>74600213

> I've been to countries were Alcohol is limited or illegal. The people there fuck goats. Its where OP belongs, only he should be the goat.

You might as well send all non-drinkers there while you're at it.
>>
I'm drunk
>>
>>74600334

And so is just about everyone else here apparently.
>>
>>74600329
Nah, I don't have the means nor the will to force others to do stupid shit.

But if you hate alcohol, you are welcome to get fucked in the ass by Mohammad.
>>
>>74600334
Me too. Everyhing is till shit but somehow it doesn't matter so much anymore.
>>
>>74582606
I never drank a drop, but I've seen situations where some people need to drink at least temporarily. And my position is very straightforward - if you do this at home or in a bar - I don't care.
>>
Who wants to bet OP is not old enough to drink, and is just butthurt about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIGPO90xYG4
>>
>>74582606
No. I support keeping all degeneracy legal. The reason is simple: You will never stop people from being degenerate trash. Degenerate actions are a symptom not a cause. Tattoos, piercings, excessive drinking, smoking, interracial sex, you do all of these things because you're a shitty person, not the other way around. The simple reality is that you won't make degenerates good people by banning their outlets for degeneracy. Degeneracy is an untamable animal that will be unleashed in other, more destructive ways if the common outlets are taken away.
>>
File: 14219243568810.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
14219243568810.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>74582606
I never in my life did not drink alcohol. I'm a lost cause?
>>
Alcohol and cigarettes should both be illegal, marijuana should be legal but anybody who starts acting like a 420blazeit pothead should be sent to the guillotine desu.
>>
File: Grant.jpg (74 KB, 600x347) Image search: [Google]
Grant.jpg
74 KB, 600x347
If you ever had your way OP, America would not be great today. General Grant led the Union to victory and without him who knows what would have happened.

>He's the man on the $50 bill, the United States' 18th president, and he tops the list as the "biggest drinker of any U.S. president." Ulysses S. Grant is an impressive man. Before becoming President, he led the Union Army to victory as lieutenant general. Later, as president, he shepherded the United States through the Reconstruction Era. He did it all with a drink in his hand, or at the very least close by.

>Grant was driven to "binge drinking" during an early stint in the army. By 1854 his "alcohol consumption so alarmed his superiors that he was asked to resign from the Army." Grant's road to redemption came with the Civil War. He re-enlisted in the army and ended up leading it to victory. It is said that during the war he would sit back and drink whiskey.

Most notably

>When Abraham Lincoln was told to sack Grant because of his drinking, Lincoln responded by asking what brand of whiskey Grant drank so that he could send a barrel of it to every other general. Grant's choice of liquor was Old Crow Bourbon Whiskey. Grant continued to drink throughout his presidency.
>>
>>74600960
Why would you make alcohol and tobacco illegal?

What is with all these fuckers who want an over sized nanny state of a Government?

Do you idiots have nothing better to do than to worry your little selves over what other people are doing in their spare time to their own bodies?
>>
>>74588153
Ever hear of Trump vodka?

Also, Trump isn't trying to ban booze. But you want to, and that's pretty muslim-y. So once again, fuck off, Mohammed.
>>
File: 1384271589010.jpg (189 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1384271589010.jpg
189 KB, 1080x1080
>>74600914
25 years... Unmarried, I am working as an engineer. I live alone in a two-roomed flat. On the girls is also a problem ...
>>
>>74601135

> Assumes I'm a Muslim because I don't drink.

You're the one who should fuck off.
>>
>>74591268
>>74592420
>same shit argument used by gun control lobbyists
I love it. The OP's stupidity, I mean.

>>74600841
It's not [buzzword], though, stupid. see >>74595017
>>
>>74600110
Pyccкий cлoн - лyчший дpyг финcкoгo cлoнa. To not become a disgusting filthy animal? What can possibly be good about it? For me, it doesn't make me feel any better, it just numbs the mind and slows down the reaction.

And we're free to choose our own purposes.
>>
I still say everyone who doesn't drink alcohol is against it being legal. No amount of history or stories about famous drunks will ever change my mind or anybody else's.
>>
I basically don't drink
I'm 36 and I didn't have my first taste of alcohol until my 25th birthday and honestly it was just a few drinks, I didn't even get drunk
I don't oppose it on some morality reason despite my aunt literally drinking herself to death I'm just not a fan of the taste of alcohol, it always tastes disgusting
I don't want it illegal, in fact I think the private sale and manufacturing of it should be decriminalized
>>
>>74601208
I assume your Muslim because you want alcohol to be illegal. If you don't like booze, Saudi Arabia is perfect for you. Move there.

Or better yet, don't fucking drink it?
>>
File: 1385809019731.jpg (5 KB, 250x210) Image search: [Google]
1385809019731.jpg
5 KB, 250x210
>>74601135
Vodka - Gallic ancient drink. This drink can be consumed only strong people, it is very bitter.
>>
>>74601090
Sorry but alcohol and tobacco affect far more than the person consuming them.
>>
>>74601294
>I still say everyone who doesn't drink alcohol is against it being legal.
Are you asserting that those who don't drink and openly condemn the banning of it are lying about what they truly believe? What leads you to this assumption? What evidence do you have? Is that how you are? Are you a pussy who openly says to people you don't believe in banning it but scurries onto the internet to dump on us how you really feel? That my friend is called projection, your projecting your feelings onto others, and the fact that you don't realize goes to show how much of an idiot you really are.
>>
>>74600914
English doesn't use multiple negatives like Russian. One negation is enough, e.g. "I never have drunk alcohol" or "I have not drunk alcohol in my life".
>>
>>74601365

Maybe it's drinkers like you who should move out?
>>
>>74601478
How? If you smoke or drink in your own home how are you harming others? Are you saying people should lead their lives based on how other people feel about what they do in their spare time? Fuck what an individual wants because it might hurt someone else's feelings?

You're a dunce.
>>
File: 1385540880269.png (122 KB, 421x404) Image search: [Google]
1385540880269.png
122 KB, 421x404
>>74601495
You got me confused Finn. I never drank alcohol, never. I do not know the taste of wine and beer ...
>>
>>74599489
Here's the important fact that you're forgetting: All volunteer soldiers are braindead retards. They only join the military because they're either have no life aspirations, want to waste time before they have to go and join the workforce because they're lazy sacks of shit, or they're psychopaths that want to murder.
>>
>>74582606
Fuck off fagot.
Keep away from my guns and beer, nancyboi.
>>
>>74601623
Your logic is based on the assumption that most people drink and smoke alone in their own homes, instead of with other people. From personal experience I can say that's probably not true.

Smokers and drinkers are constantly putting others at risk with things like second hand smoke and drunk driving, while contributing absolutely nothing of value to the person themselves.
>>
>>74601878

Choke on a dick, fucktard.
>>
>>74601639
You should try wines, they are often guide good. Beers are an acquired taste, so they'll taste like shit for the first fifty times.

I taught myself Russian to impress a girl in st. petersburg. She was impressed but not interested. I wish girls were as pretty here as they are in Russia.
>>
>>74595052
im not him and i'm similar. love drinking but have never been fully "drunk", just really really buzzed. i hate not being in control of my actions/emotions, also the negative feelings of drinking severely outweigh the positives of drinking that little bit more to be drunks, which in my case, the positives are 0.
>>
>>74601532
Make me
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.