[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cars are Degenerate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79
File: Suburbia_by_David_Shankbone.jpg (191 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Suburbia_by_David_Shankbone.jpg
191 KB, 800x600
>buy overpriced mcmansion an hour from my work
>pay monthly insurance, constant repairs or maintenance for hundreds of dollars, buying oil or fluids or new parts, annual registration
>spend an hour each morning and evening in stressful traffic while morons try to play bumpercar with me
>cops always watching, waiting to give you a ticket for speeding or illegal parking
>come home, nothing to do, nothing around but other houses and other people who never go outside
>kids complain they're bored, want a 40 minute ride to their friend's house
>get back in car, drive them there, drive home, drive back later, drive back home
>kids want a new gaming console, say there's nothing else to do
>haven't had a night out in a month, closest bar is a 30 minute drive, friends all live 30-90 minutes away
>have to buy a car for jimmy and susan when they turn 16
>grateful so I don't have to be a taxi driver for them anymore
>have to buy a car for the wife because she has to work, too. Can't afford the 1500/month mortgage otherwise.
>buy a TV and a few cable subscriptions because nothing else to do in the evenings, the commute tired me out
>gain 50 lbs, look pregnant, brain turns to mush
>start enjoying sitcoms, wife addicted to soap operas
>buy 100k shekel RV for the annual camping trip, drive it through traffic both ways until you get to the crowded RV park full of retirees and college students there to party
>park it on a dirt lot, stare at neighbors' asscrack, eat shitty hotdogs
>kids and wife are all too fat to hike since they drive everywhere and never get exercise
>ahh the outdoors
>drive it home, kids all go to their own rooms, wife in other room on her tv and I'm in living room on mine
>peaceful, happy family, perfect white picket fence life

Cars and suburbs are degenerate. They're the cancer causing people to be fat, lazy, and stupid. A devoid wasteland with shitty chain restaurants and a stripmall connecting the dozen developments of identical oversized plywood houses.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3778x2518) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3778x2518
Cars killed the city
>>
>>74580887
large cities are also degenerate though. Pretty much every conservative philosopher/writer ever has commented on how shitty they are

see: new york , LA, chicago

Suburbs are degenerate BECAUSE they extend the city's evil reach out into the country side.

But now, this barely matters, because the Internet has turned the whole world into one big corrupt city regardless of location
>>
>>74580718
Homosexuals, trannies, race mixers, cultural marxists are degenerate.
Cars are a glorious invention from white people.
>>
>>74580718
I walk 10 minutes to work. Feels good not falling for the oil jew, the insurance jew, and the japan jew.
>>
>>74580718
look at the idiot who can't get a drivers license
>>
>>74581103
>that city
>large
I would say it doesn't have 100k people, plenty to be big but still have a close enough comminity
>>
>>74580718
Have you ever been inside a crowded bus? If not, THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP
>>
>>74581299
I wasn't referring to the city in your image. That's just a small/medium sized town

I mean the huge multicultural tower of babel style ones with skyscrapers etc.
>>
File: 1463558433460.jpg (90 KB, 1024x762) Image search: [Google]
1463558433460.jpg
90 KB, 1024x762
>>74580718
OP is a poor faggot who cant afford a mcmansion or car
>>
>>74580718
I live in Cihangir its near the center and basically the hipsteristan of Istanbul. I hate the crowds, the bars, the condescending pricks, junkies, roaming band of kurds, the noise etc.

I always liked the american suburb concept tbqh. Perfect for an introvert
>>
File: image.jpg (279 KB, 1200x845) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
279 KB, 1200x845
>>74581419
Oh yeah those breed apathy and shadyness
>>
>>74580718
Really, its the reliance on cars that have mad things bad. If public transit was more prevalent and not attached to a taboo for some reason then roadspace would be much more efficient and less of an eyesore.

As for citys themselves... Well its a complex issue. Im all for carefully handled population density, however miles of urban sprawl is not the way to handle it. If we could shrink citys down to a reasonable size and build up instead of out, then i believe they too could be made great again. Basically have more, smaller cities. instead of one super city like NY.

Or make a hive city like the tsu "two mile high" tower. No messy roads, manufacturing makes up the tower base. Conserves space for wilds and farms around it.
>>
>>74581531
in a way, 4chan and anonymous forums are like one of those cities in terms of its ability to breed apathy and shadyness
>>
>>74580718
Buy an old corolla
>>
>>74580718
Which is worse spending money on an overpriced mcmansion or spending twice as much to rent an overpriced city apartment?

Spending your money on buying a car or spending all of your money on taxis, busses and subways?

Traveling to the woods once a month in an TV or never going to the woods at all because you can't afford a parking spot for your cuck car, much less an RV?

Kid's getting fat because you drive everywhere or kids getting fat because it's too dangerous to walk anywhere?
>>
File: 1455748424840.jpg (828 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1455748424840.jpg
828 KB, 1600x1200
>>74580718
Suburbs in the US could be fixed with just some zoning changes.

They need to allow more mixed commercial and residential, so gathering places form. Right now you cannot have mixed zoning in low density areas. It prevents the creation of local pubs/shops/restaurants where everyone meets up at the end of the day. Instead as an American you need to drive a few miles to get anywhere.
>>
Cycling is the most blue-pilled daily commute:
- keeps you fit.
- reduces stress.
- keeps your city center white.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1333
>>74581585
that's true. 4chan is like a whorehouse's bathroom
>>
Suburbia is a symptom, not a disease.

If the cities kept order and built housing that was affordable, more people would choose to live there.
>>
>>74581813
>>blue pilled
>>
File: image.jpg (885 KB, 1280x1792) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
885 KB, 1280x1792
>>74581932
It is a disease. look up euclidian zoning, it's directly responsible for suburbs, keeps housing expensive in the us, undermines landowners building freedom (making it all identical cuckboxes) and makes streets dead
>>
America has become far too reliant on cars to get everywhere and now we're paying the price.

The reality as I see it is that nothing will change. With the soon-to-come technologies of self-driving cars and cars which don't rely on gasoline, car culture will explode again, but in a very different way than it did initially.
>>
>>74580718
Individual transport is what made capitalism possible. The more flexible it gets the greater will be the capitalism it generates. Everyone, especially city fags, who is against cars is against evolution of mankind. We would still be cave dwelling nigger fucking Neanderthals.
>>
>>74581216

Have one. Using public transport and biking/walking because driving is stressful, bad for health, and expensive. Sold the car. Window motor/pulley randomly broke and it cost $300 to fix. That was the last straw. Transit pass is 100/month. My insurance was 60/month, god knows how much the gas and repairs came to.
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 1024x768
>>74582451
how do cars help capitalism?
>>
>>74582451
If OP is saying the existence of cars is bad, that's stupid.

But we are too reliant on cars. They pollute and encourage urban zoning which is spread out and stops communities from forming.
>>
>>74581375

>bus

Rail is superior. Buses are nothing but a larger, multi person car and are dangerous and shitty. Everyone should be able to walk to a rail stop that gets them in walking distance of where they need to go. Buses are shit.

Oh no, said the scandi autist, people within an arm's reach of me?!
>>
>>74580718
>choosing to move to somewhere an hour away from work, half an hour away from other civilization despite knowing how annoying it would be
>complaining about cops waiting to catch you doing things you shouldn't be doing anyway
Poor choices were made too soon.
>>
File: image.jpg (936 KB, 1824x1368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
936 KB, 1824x1368
>>74582720
>projecting on op this much
>>
Gotta agree, OP. That why I think it's important to try to live in a town that was founded prior to the advent of the automobile. The community planning is often much better, with schools, main street, and parks all within walking distance or a short drive from the surrounding homes.

Unfortunately, these towns are often expensive to live in because they are in areas such as the northeast or new england, in which property taxes, land, and all that stuff is very expensive.

Still, it makes for a better place to raise a family, then in some planned-community in a town filled with strip malls that 15 years ago was nothing but empty farm land.
>>
>>74581578

NYC isn't bad except for the liberals. Very walkable, functioning subways and transit, rails in from the suburbs. They're pretty well set up.

If we built up instead of out, the city would have less footprint which means less countryside and wilderness converted to human containment zone. Less roads and subsurface parking, which means less road maintenance, less dead space, less pollution, less heat island effect. Look at Mexico City, the sprawlingest of sprawls. It's shit. Takes away the best aspect of cities--proximity to shit you want to do. Also the more dense a city is--the more up it is rather than out--the fewer roadsides and alleys and abandoned stripmalls for druggies and criminals to lurk. Fewer streets makes it easier to keep them all well lit and clean.
>>
>>74582700
This
>>
File: image.jpg (941 KB, 2834x2044) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
941 KB, 2834x2044
>>74582700
Rail is superior af, much more aestethic too
>>
>>74582578
>Majestic as fuck Zeppelins probably won't return as normal transport in your lifetime

Feels bad man, they should remake one as a comfier version of a long cabin cruise, it would be glorious.
>>
>>74581732
>spending twice as much to rent

Around here it isn't unusual to have a mortgage over a thousand a month, and don't forget cost of homeownership like insurance, property tax, and maintenance which are HUGE expenses. If you distribute that over a monthly basis, it drastically raises the cost. Meanwhile an apartment around here goes 900-1200/month. It's actually way cheaper.

>dangerous to walk

Heh. Oh no, the paedos around every corner! Better stay inside and gaym all day to keep safe. You're pathetic. You're surrendering your nation to an unfounded fear. I've walked everywhere, all hours of the day and night, and nothing ever happened to me. I also carry something nice in case I meet any trouble. There's really nothing to be afraid of, so stop falling for the fear mongering you nancy.

I've also lived in small, walkable towns that are small village level safe and the kids can still walk everywhere, to stores and parks and school and friends. STILL superior to suburbs.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 429x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 429x343
>>74583136
well, don't build too tall, else you get them commieblocks. mid rises are the way to go
>>
>>74583136
Exactly. Glad im not a long crazy idealist on this.
>>
>>74583339
I prefer skiing to work
>>
>>74581813
>blue-pilled

Uh. Colors m8. Those are all good aspects.

Cycling keeps the fats and the pollution away. Less car traffic enables foot traffic which supports local economy, so office workers walk to a cafe for lunch instead of driving to a drive through because the roads are clogged with 50 mph death machines.

Cycling is fantastic. Doesn't cost much in infrastructure/maintenance, reduces pollution and accidents, keeps everyone in shape.
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 1000x746) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 1000x746
>>74583343
An /n/azi said that the hindenburg cost, adjusted for inflation, 40 million. a 747 costs hundreds of millions. I think we might get them air cruises some day
>>
>>74583339
Way more expensive though, and the government must be involved in their construction because no private company will or can tackle underground rail on their own.
>>
>>74580718
Suburb is the only way to win the nuclear war
>>
>>74582616

Cars have a time and a place. People in the country (actual woods and farms country where most people are farmers) need them. They're also fine for a now and then vehicle or to haul stuff (which I strongly support car sharing/uber for.) But they are retarded as an everyday commute vehicle and only encourage this "drive until you can afford it" suburban mentality that has destroyed the landscape. Where I grew up used to be all orchard and farm. Then the suburbanites came, tore it all down, and turned it into housing developments as a suburb for the city that is an hour away. It's filthy and ruins everything that was good about america. Also means less local, family farmer produced produce, which is fucking delicious compared to the water-tasting grocery store produce. No wonder people don't eat fruit and veg when that's all they have available.
>>
>>74580887
Do you think a city could exist where inside the 'city circle' (like in that picture) it is illegal for any sort of motorized vehicle to drive, emergency vehicles and other special vehicles excepting? The only way I can think that would play out without being too much of a pain in the ass for the citizens would be a tram system for citizens and a separate tram system for cargo delivery.
>>
>>74582720

m8 that's just the writing style, I obviously didn't opt for that. I did live in a place like that age 16-18 though and saw what it put my parents through. They were always exhausted and nerve wracked from the commute, and when I started driving I got a taste of it and noped out of there. Bumper to bumper as a daily grind...nah.
>>
>>74583939
overground is good too, subway is unecessary unless it's a very dense city
>>
>>74582578
some examples
>They are desired goods, and an affordable investment and therefore encourage production, but also research and development to make this product more competitive.
>They make workforce movable, thus enable better distribution of them.
>They allow people to move wherever they want to meet their needs which encourages competition of local production and services.

>>74582616
You think you can cancel one line in the calculation and you get the desired output. This isn't going to happen. It will have different effects than you think. Furthermore, there is no replacement for cars. The level of freedom they provide aren't met by any other mean of transport.
>>
File: 4a8259427562956.jpg (158 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
4a8259427562956.jpg
158 KB, 1000x667
>>
>>74580718
your home and it location/population is the problem in that scene, dingus
>>
>>74580718
>OY VEY! Having the freedom to go wherever you want at a moments notice is degenerate goy! You should have to talk to the state before you go anywhere and get their approval!

Fuck off chaim, you're not fooling anyone
>>
>>74583339

Rails are so nice. And whereas a bus may go anywhere and you're subject to the busdriver's minwage skill to not kill people, a rail always runs on the same predictable track and makes predictable stops. No car-bus collisions to worry about. If you're not on the rail you don't need to worry about being hit.

rails are aesthetic. I hope in the future all personal vehicles in urban-suburban-town areas are abandoned in favor of an expanded rail network. Hop on, hop off. Comfy as fuck.
>>
>>74580718
buying used cars is the only correct answer. not a single dollar of mine goes to those bank jews, and i can get whatever i want! you can also get your son a used shitbox, and it can help him learn about mechanics and how to fix up vehicles. thats how i learned
>>
File: steering-room.jpg (669 KB, 1120x600) Image search: [Google]
steering-room.jpg
669 KB, 1120x600
>>74583866
Yeah, they were ahead of their time actually.
With modern tech we can make one way better.
Create a frame with a very strong but very light aluminium alloy, replace previous wooden structure parts with stronger but lighter carbon fibre, helium instead of hydrogen in more tightly sealed gas bags, low number of passengers creates less weight and more comfort, interior decked out in classical/steampunk styling. Fuck yes.
>>
>>74583504

I kinda like commieblocks and chinkblocks. The view from the 11th+ story of a tall apartment complex is pretty nice, the way you can look at all the ant-size people on the street below, and I like taking the elevator (or stairs if you want a workout.)
>>
I cycle 5 mins to work. I live and work in an area that is 95% white. It's changing fast. The darkies will rent my investment properties.
>>
File: rcns_a_10055653_o_art001g.gif (101 KB, 600x565) Image search: [Google]
rcns_a_10055653_o_art001g.gif
101 KB, 600x565
>>74580718
The real degenerate thing going on is that kind of city planning.
People cut themselfs of their roots and get into autistic pseudo communities called suburbs with shit connection, nature and culture.

One wonders if that's not planned by someone
>>
>>74583939

They have above ground rail as well, raised or street level. And the govt builds highways and roads already, so it's the same thing. What's your point?
>>
>live hour outside city
>drive hour into work 3 times a week
>34mpg so about 25 bucks a week on gas
>do all maintenance on car because i'm a man
>fluid changes are about 35 bucks ever 2 or 3 months. I go through a set of summer tires every summer because immature, 400bucks
>leave house at 8am after a 5 mile run or weight work out routine so not fat.
>get home at 6pm to meal prepared by aryan stay at home mom.
>discuss day with blonde children around the table
>go outside and do stuff

To be honest, if i could do it all over again I would probably live in the city. I don't mind the 2 hours a day.. i catch up with news and think about stuff for work. But to blame the car for being fat and bored is pretty silly, the only reason you are fat and bored is because you are lazy and stupid.
>>
File: meanwhileinamerica.jpg (409 KB, 969x789) Image search: [Google]
meanwhileinamerica.jpg
409 KB, 969x789
>>74580718
>>74582572
>>74581932

The suburbs literally created the amerifat meme

I fucking hate our auto centric transportation system, save for a few cities in the northeast, the US is severely lacking in public transit

pic related
>>
>>74580718
I live a minimal life.
Eat cheap curry with rice
Walk to Office
Don't use personal phone for making call. Ask colleagues for emergency.
Shit on street
Live under Flyover
>>
>>74580718
> driving 1 hour to work
Kek
>40 mins to friends house
Like im gonna drive my kid to the other side of the country
>closet bar 30 mins away
Hahaha fucking americans everything is fucking far away
>>
>>74584776
My point is that rails, while a nice option for transportation, are super difficult to build.
Even above ground rails are a clusterfuck, the Washington DC metro just created a new above ground line and it took forever and a lot of money and politics.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3456x2304
>>74584198
your first point on research and development is good. On the other hand, all that development are towards a bad goal, and that is a car centric society.

However your second and third point on more mobility is not true, the workforce can move just as freely on good mass transit. This in turn would be easier if cities weren't suburban sprawls, which exist widely because of cars. Besides, most of the workforce does not move because of work more than from home to work and work to home.
>>
>>74584997

Listen, I'm as right wing redpilled as they come, but the reason why we get a mushroom cloud of bullshit everytime we have a transportation project is because the Koch brothers try to hate fuck it

They want to keep us on oil dependent transportation, and transit is way too fuel efficient
>>
cars arent degenerate, you cant be truly free if you dont have a personal motor vehicle

public traffic is for cucks
>>
File: city.png (52 KB, 860x571) Image search: [Google]
city.png
52 KB, 860x571
>>74584122

I want this so much, to evict cars from city centers. With exception of a few one-lane streets for the rare disabled or emergency vehicle and delivery vans. Like pic related. Rails to and between residential zones, and inter-region rails to go to the next city over.

In many american cities you have a fucking highway that cuts right through the city, creating a barrier that can't be walked across and killing the economic function of the city. Shit needs to stop.
>>
>>74584388
>the freedom to go wherever you want at a moments notice

Like...say...being able to use your feet rather than an expensive machine to get around?
>>
File: bill.jpg (57 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
bill.jpg
57 KB, 500x380
>tfw live in rural wooded area near mountains with decent plot of land and a group of neighbors I'm tight as fuck with
>tfw only 30 minutes from work
>tfw I can go out back innawoods and shoot my guns any time I want
>tfw my puppers can go outside and run around freely like they were meant to
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 500x461
>>74585215
easy for you to say in a country where everyone lives a km from eachother and there are like a thousand people
>>
File: Beirut-Wonder-Forest.jpg (319 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
Beirut-Wonder-Forest.jpg
319 KB, 690x460
>>74585391
This so much.
Your planning shiet would be a clear improvement to many modern cities. If people are forced to move by themselfs they would also get less fat and socialize more in such a slowed down invornment
>>
>>74584866
>I don't mind the 2 hours a day.

Because my idea of fun is sitting in traffic or wondering if the cunt on the cell is going to ram me and kill me.

You have stockholm syndrome. You cannot honestly tell me you'd rather white-knuckle a steering wheel in heavy traffic at 60 mph on a 5 lane highway for two hours a day than say, chill and read a book while a rail zips you where you need to go, or be able to spend an extra 20 mins in the morning and evening chatting with your kids because daddy has a more reasonable and easy commute.
>>
>>74580718
>be African
>have to walk 30 miles for a drink of water
>skeleton body build
>no cars
>dead at age of 30

Why don't you move to africa OP?
>>
Here's the Miami transit system kek
>>
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 1100x718) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 1100x718
>>74584388
>freedom to go wherever you want

>get in car
>30 minutes for every mile because of traffic
>fat because you never walk
>can barely walk the lenght of the parking lot
k den
>>
>>74584997

Okay, but the highway and road systems didn't build themselves in a day. A rail is more difficult per foot to build, but you need a lot less of it than you do streets. And having everything more condensed saves on infrastructure ultimately because it's all the less miles of roads and streets and streetlights and drainage systems and electric grid and gas pipes and sewage piles and water reserves and pipes you have to build and maintain. The rail is like buying chicken breast instead of mcburgers. Seems to cost more but when all is said and done has saved you money and made your life better.
>>
>>74582578
You don't have to shop at the same stores and eat at the same places. Literally freedom
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2250x3000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2250x3000
>>74585391
saving your pic, bretty good
>>
>>74585215

I could simply rent a car when I rarely need one. Otherwise it's more FREE to have a walkable city, because it literally costs 0 dollars to walk or bike somewhere, meanwhile a car costs money just to sit in your driveway. Being able to simply walk somewhere, or walk to a rail and ride it where you wanna go, is way more free than having to pay pay pay pay pay pay pay for cars and repairs and insurance and gas and ten other kinds of kikery. Being able to move around at little to no cost is freedom.
>>
>get car
>need to pay $400/month on insurance on top of payments towards the ownership, repairs and gas

You would have to be a retard to buy one unless you're rich.
>>
>>74584998
I've used both for driving to work for years. If you think your time is valuable you will cut on public transport except it fits perfectly your needs which is a rare exception tbpfh phamigliya

I've even experienced the last case when I lived with my gf. However, I'd not choose this option anymore. It makes you too dependent on public transport and you won't do longer trips because in comparison they became too much effort. You're giving up freedom.

Development has also negative sideeffects. Think of your shiny smartphones. Their development isn't candy either. You've suicidal workers who glue them together in China. You've miners who mine rare metals and get killed for your Ghz. You got landscapes ruined. You have to produce power for the power consumption of your internet and porn addiction etc.
>>
>>74585837
very little traffic in my commute to be honest. If i lived in d.c., nyc, or la it would be different, but i'm in a smaller city so no bumper to bumper.

I would say i don't have stockholm syndrome as i have the option of working completely remotely, so somewhat willingly drive in 3 days a week.

I'm quite relaxed, doing 80mph down the highway while listening to NPR or thinking about work.

My commute plus my running/work out time is my alone time
>>
>>74586294
What is rich to you? 40k a year?
>>
>>74586294
>2016
>not being rich
nigger you're doing it all wrong
>>
>>74585557

I have all of that 50 miles north of NYC.

You're not special, the vastness of America is mind boggling.
>>
>>74586423
That's double my income right now desu
>>
File: 1462504658292.png (1 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1462504658292.png
1 MB, 640x640
>>74580718
lols then LIVE BITCH!!!
>>
>>74586517

>£16,000 per anua

t. NEET lyfe
>>
>all of these jealous burgers will never live in a comfy European city and walk/cycle everywhere
>they will never know the convenience of cheap and accessible public transport

must feel bad
>>
>>74586108

Hey, sounds like you are describing a city, friend, where there is an ever evolving plethora of choices for housing, neighborhood, stores, restaurants, and entertainment.

Rather than living in the suburbs with a fucking stripmall that has the same chain restaurants and big box stores as the stripmall down the other way and the other way. Drive as far as you like, you'll just reach the walmart 50 miles the other direction rather than the one in your suburban housing township.
>>
>>74586487
>50 miles
still too close to the liberal city people
100 miles north master race
>>
>>74586294
>rich
Lmao
>>
>>74586294
I make 50k a year and pay all that easy.

Not disagreeing with the notion that our city infrastructure needs some serious work and needs to cut down on the amount of cars and roads, but its not exactly hard to have a car. fuck I knew kids back in high school who worked part time jobs and were able to get and maintain used cars.
>>
>>74586677

I like being on the Metro North line, easier to get to work. I don't like driving into Manhattan. I don't like being close to Albany or Newburgh either...higher mixer rates per capita than the worst parts of the city. You DO have Dinosaur BBQ up that way though, which us nice.
>>
File: 1461092214487.jpg (864 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1461092214487.jpg
864 KB, 1280x1707
>>74585391
>no fucking private vehicles carpeting the land
>increase space between buildings, give the town some breathing room
>building code, no grey and glass bullshit
>public tram for those who really need it
>small (ie moped size) for goods, requests can be put in to use larger vehicles if moving large heavy shit that just can't be moved otherwise (and make the system not ball crushing or asinine, we don't need dmv tier bullshit just want to keep the place looking nice)
>parks, events, etc, etc
Now how do you stop the biggest disaster of all; Too Many Fucking People?
>>
>>74580718
Cars post 2004 are degenerate
The suburbs are a way for whites to escape from shitskins
>>
>>74586629
no, £14k @ £6.70 an hour :/
>>
File: 1463520973158.png (922 KB, 900x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463520973158.png
922 KB, 900x1000
>>74580718
>Cars are degenerate because I can't drive.
t. The Alt-Right
>>
Fuck off Nazi scum.
>>
>>74586654
I don't understand what your argument is
>>
The most numale thread of 2016?

Possibly.
>>
>>74581743
>Right now you cannot have mixed zoning in low density areas.

Maybe you should move out of your shitty state then?

Don't speak for the rest of the nation just because you chose to live among faggots.
>>
>>74586851

Just your accent alone is a job qualification here, I've never met a bartender in this town who made less than $1,500 per week. If you're white, you're welcome to migrate Neville.
>>
>>74584921
BUMP

Literally the only reason i own a car is because public transit is near non existent in florida
>>
>>74580887
that looks comfy as fuck

we all need to learn to BUILD WALL like that
>>
>>74585391
How will food and other necessities be delivered to said city? Would people carry them in? what about emergencies? sometimes transportation to the middle of a city is necessary
>>
>>74586832

Comfy dog is comfy. tfw you will never have functional canals in your city to transport people and goods.

>too many people

Evict niggers. Oh, found some space! But really, just build up. Build out with time, but do so responsibly with sufficient rail network.

>>74586850

Whites abandoned the beautiful cities our forefathers handed down to us to fall to shitskins. White flight was a mistake. We need to take the cities back and force the shitskins to live in the horrid ghettos called suburbs.
>>
ITT a bunch of pampered east coast trust fund babies and commieblock europoors complain about people having the freedom to do what they want and are unaware of how fucking big the United States is because all their countries fit in just one state (excluding Russia, but Russians don't bitch about suburbs)
>>
File: 1357121559174.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1357121559174.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>74580718

you know... most of your pitiful greentext could be eliminated by moving out to the woods with a top tier heavy duty diesel.

but by all means continue to live in the suburbs, work in the city, and feel sorry for yourself.
>>
File: 1451162183390.png (55 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1451162183390.png
55 KB, 625x626
>>74580718

WHATS WITH THE ANTI CAR SHILLING TODAY!?!?

>WHATS WITH THE ANTI CAR SHILLING TODAY!?!?
>>
>>74581929
karlsruhe such a nice place to live. i like most big cities in germany. currently living in frankfurt. everything is super close and we dont have gettos or no go areas either not even at night.
>>
>>74586968
Thanks m8, whiter than snow.
Industry is dead here, i'm learning welding soon too but even that will only take me up to £16k/yr. I fell for the trades meme
>>
>>74586294
>young males get cucked for driving more than any other gender/age group
lmao
>>
>>74584443
The problem is the degenerates of society public transport attracts.
>>
>>74587148

Drive them to the edge of inner city zone. Some trucks will be permitted on the same small streets the cops, ambulances, and gimps use. Like 1% of the current existing traffic. Other anon said use smaller trucks, vans, and carts, and I like that. No need for walmart size trucks when you have a bunch of smaller individual stores rather than...walmart.
>>
File: 1455398746764.jpg (52 KB, 480x386) Image search: [Google]
1455398746764.jpg
52 KB, 480x386
>>74586949
The majority of the US is like that. The only places that aren't are cuckzones like seattle and denver.
>>
>>74586650
I will never know the convenience of cheap and accessible public transport because I don't live in a cesspit of human shit.

I cannot fathom what cityfags see in their chosen habitats. You're all fucking odd.
>>
>>74587171
>build up
eh, I think only the center of the town should have taller buildings and even then nothing ridiculously tall. Towns are so much nicer looking when sky isn't broken up all the time.
>>
>>74580718
You are a vegan aren't you?
And a burnie supporter.
nailed it, didn't I?
>>
>>74586979

Same here fellow floridabro
>>
See, I feel like we're using cars for the wrong reasons

If I'm correct, a lot of people in Europe, especially Italy, drive just to drive. It's stylish, it's comfortable, and there's something great about going 80mph down a straight road at night

When driving starts to go to shit is when it becomes a hassle. When you no longer drive for mostly pleasure and instead all work. If there were a way to make it so driving is purely a luxury I'd love to see/hear it
>>
>not moving into a nice suburb to protect your family from degenerates and shitskins
You sound young.
>>
>>74586741

I could buy a car if I wanted to right not but I prefer to not waste my money.

If you make 2k/month you're spending at least 25% of your earnings on a car. Not worth it. It's best to save and invest your money, and then buy one later.
>>
>>74580718
You could have summed it all up by just saying "I'm too poor to buy a car."
>>
>>74587399
you would have to allow those mobility scooters. every old or slightly overweight person would get one to get out of walking the long distances
>>
>>74580718
but you can literally choose to not do any of that

no one will force you to buy a car and live in the suburbs and wageslave every day, but many people choose to do that because of the undeniable comforts it provides

what a meaningless post
>>
>>74587391

Anon, if normal whites used public transport, then public transport would be full of normal whites. Currently with white flight all the whites became carcucks and all that was left on transit were the nigs. If we all used rail and tube, the rail and tube would be full of whites. Duh. Also all those transit tickets would pay for more cops to better police the stations and railcars to take the niggers to jail.
>>
>>74587148
>How will food and other necessities be delivered to said city?

It's utopianism m8, reality comes second to feelings.
>>
File: Amsterdam.jpg (946 KB, 850x565) Image search: [Google]
Amsterdam.jpg
946 KB, 850x565
Such beauty.
>>
>>74580718
Op is Agenda 21 shill
>>
>>74587500

Omnivore Trump voter m8. Just tired of surrendering so much time and money to the gasoline jew. Only thing suburbanites have to show for it is a big empty house surrounded by nothing but other houses. Nothing to do that isn't a far drive, eventually you stop doing anything and just watch TV.
>>
>>74587325

>young males get cucked

that's all you need to say, tbqh
>>
>>74583343
they actually tried this in germany post war but it failed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CargoLifter

Atleast they build the biggest hall in the world.
>>
>>74584675
Helium is a less effective lifting gas.
>>
File: 1463462468179.jpg (47 KB, 445x604) Image search: [Google]
1463462468179.jpg
47 KB, 445x604
>>74580718
ÖV Masterrace
>>
File: ShowImage.jpg (157 KB, 758x530) Image search: [Google]
ShowImage.jpg
157 KB, 758x530
Fresh air, good exercise. What a life.
>>
>>74580718
>Cars are Degenerate
what are you some fucking commie
>>
>>74587800
What do people in cities do that is apparently worth living 2ft from several other people and having no space to yourself?
>>
>>74584998
this is from frankfurt. thaugh we dont have these historical trains anymore. are u a germany fanboy?
>>
>>74587608

I concede scooters and even door to door parking for the disabled. In a system where you either walk to your destination or walk to a transit station, we'd have far less fats to begin with. Cars enable fats. Just look at drive throughs. I've lived in places people, and I've watched them do it, drive their car down their driveway to fetch the mail. If they spent even half an hour a day walking as commute we wouldn't have the fat epidemic we do.

I have no problem providing closer special parking and restricted street access for people who are actually disabled.
>>
File: Leinster-Mews-W2-5-1024x682.jpg (238 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
Leinster-Mews-W2-5-1024x682.jpg
238 KB, 1024x682
Sitting outside in the evenings with a glass of wine, and your kids playing outside.
>>
>tfw just returned car and no longer am beholden to the car / insurance racket

Feels good, fuck I hated maintaining a car and paying a couple grand a year for insurance
>>
File: 4a8259427562956.jpg (226 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
4a8259427562956.jpg
226 KB, 1024x768
Without the car, a small village of 1,000 people will need its own shops, recreational buildings, and so on, because regular travel to the local town takes too long. So the village becomes self-supporting, communal, and interesting.

With the car, everyone can just drive to the nearest supermarket and buy all their shit, so the local village economy dies.

Small towns and villages in that situation are killed by the car.
>>
>>74587608
>Implying you should encurage these fat scooters.
If they can't reach food they should starve
>>
>>74587876
I know, but it's balanced out by having a lighter craft frame, plus it's safer than hydrogen. If they wanted to they could just make the whole ship bigger overall, that would make it even more awesome.
>>
File: street-scene-barcelona-spain-01.jpg (351 KB, 1576x1113) Image search: [Google]
street-scene-barcelona-spain-01.jpg
351 KB, 1576x1113
Walking around the city a lunch-time, just because it's a pleasant experience.
>>
>>74580718
>Geography of Nowhere by James Howard Kunstler

Great book if you like reading in to things like this
>>
File: cuckshed.png (350 KB, 419x617) Image search: [Google]
cuckshed.png
350 KB, 419x617
>>74587876
It's also in short supply. I doubt we could create an entire transport industry centred around it.
>>
>>74586294
I spend the equivalent of 300 dollars a month for the car ownership, insurance and fuel.
>>
>>74585391
The disabled should be sent to euthanasia camps instead of given cars
>>
>>74585999
>I'm poor and live in a favela, that means cars are evil!

How can monkeys even type?
>>
>>74586294
>paying for insurance
>paying for gas

Don't tell me you're this cucked
>>
>>74580718
You nailed it, OP. Suburbs are fucking cancerous and unnecessary. Especially with the advent of tele-commuting and things like that.
>>
File: MapofEmergingUSMegaregions.png (610 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
MapofEmergingUSMegaregions.png
610 KB, 1200x800
>>74586129
cool image, I saved it

here's a cool link and an interesting image

http://missingmiddlehousing.com/
>>
Americans will never know what it's like to walk to a pub, spend the evening visiting different bars and restaurants, and then walking home.
>>
>>74587970

>no space to yourself

Stop being fat. Most cities easily have 1 or 2 bd apartments, even 3 bd ones. One for you, one for male children, one for female children...what more do you want?

As for what they have: dining, shopping, culture, festivals, other people, social events and social clubs (not nightclubs, though those also exist.) Museums, shows, sports clubs, a variety of gyms, plays, a variety of workplaces and offices (small towns sometimes there is just one major employer, like The Factory or The Mill.) You have great architecture, nice parks, interesting neighborhoods to walk in, access to a hundred other neighborhoods all with unique culture and feel. Rather than cookie cutter suburbs with only a few chain restaurants around.
>>
>>74588255

Transit pass is $100 for local and $175 for regional a month. Heh, guess who wins? Instead of giving all my money to the gasoline jew, I can give it back to the local economy for local goods and services.
>>
>>74588500
>what more do you want?

The extensive property on which to place workshops, to sit around in, to walk around. The extensive nature that is literally one step off the end of the drive.

>As for what they have: dining, shopping, culture, festivals, other people, social events and social clubs (not nightclubs, though those also exist.) Museums, shows, sports clubs, a variety of gyms, plays, a variety of workplaces and offices (small towns sometimes there is just one major employer, like The Factory or The Mill.) You have great architecture, nice parks, interesting neighborhoods to walk in, access to a hundred other neighborhoods all with unique culture and feel. Rather than cookie cutter suburbs with only a few chain restaurants around.

Sounds shit. You just wonder around and consume bollocks then complain about someone spending a bit of cash on a car.

Fucking numales.
>>
>>74587908
Isn't Zürich the offical best Öv city or something. I think I read that somewhere
>>
File: 66d3289175.jpg (95 KB, 800x504) Image search: [Google]
66d3289175.jpg
95 KB, 800x504
>>74587793
why do all american buses look old?
>>
>>74588448

That's cool as balls man. If you had a rail network within those metropolis regions it'd be amazing, new discoveries every inch of the way and a whole ocean of opportunity. Leave the city confined to the city and the country to the country.
>>
consolidate into the cities, goyim. leave your open spaces and nature behind. spend more money on housing and activities!
>>
>didn't but small on a big plot of land
>that stuff not too expensive
>if it was maybe you should learn how to fucking drive right or get a better job to accommodate your shit tines
>maybe you shouldn't work I'm an office downtown or anywhere with a start time after 7
>10% over the speed limit no one gives a fuck
>tend the garden, get lumber, work on the vehicle you don't know how to fucking use, invite your parents for coffee
>make them work you fucking idiot
>nope
>reward them for their hard work
>stay off the highway, let them crash, maybe you have a tow behind they could pass out in
>let them borrow the beater
>they should've been biking
>you can offset that because rural is cheap and your wife has more important family roles
>no seriously nigger, if you need 2 jobs for a mortgage when the kids are clearly past needing care you done fucked up immensely
>the rest of that shit is ridiculous
Maybe you're just living wrong. The suburb dream and living downtown with junkies, cops, faggots and what have you are all fucking nightmares.
I'd wager a disproportionate amount of /pol/acks that have moved out are living somewhere quiet already. What the fuck are you on about? Calling shit degenerate so you can feel satisfied with your houses that led you needin a roommate and a bus pass? Fuck outta here
>>
>>74588835
>to walk around.

Your backyard? A little grass cage? You could have an entire city as a backyard.

>workshops

Fucking why

>extensive nature

>nature
>suburbs
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

>sounds shit

Enjoy watching television and drinking bud light, I guess.
>>
File: charger.jpg (53 KB, 808x386) Image search: [Google]
charger.jpg
53 KB, 808x386
>>74588455

Yeah, we like having to call a kike personal injury attorney for auto neglience lawsuits

We also like getting fucked in the ass for auto insurance claims by the insurance companies, repair and body shops, as well as law enforcement
>>
>>74588990
What's wrong with living near cops you faggot?
>>
>>74588934
>Implying driving over an hour to work on a highway to a business park, then home to tract housing is 'nature'.
>>
>>74587288

I'm a Chef and make 10x what your potential earnings are. Cost of living is very high here, but as a foreigner you're pretty much guaranteed a bartending job here. It's a college town, 18-22yo women are suckers for foreign accents.

Come here and make some money.
>>
>>74589063
No it's several acres of mostly trees and grass with a house on it.

>Fucking why

Says it all really. And I don't live in a suburb, you cityfags really are odd.
>>
>>74589149
I have neighbors with horses and cattle. Not quite the same as your Arab bulls, but it's nature
>>
>>74588500
>implying anyone can afford to live in those 1/2 bedroom apartments conveniently located near scenic museums, night clubs, and restaurants that isn't an ad executive since all the real-estate suitable for domestic millionaires has been bought up by foreign billionaires, effectively forcing everyone down the line to knock themselves down two standards of living all so they can afford to live in the city, nullifying any benefits you gained by living in a city.

Congratulations you're living pay-check to pay-check so you can afford rent in a neighborhood conveniently located near a load of bars and restaurants you can't afford to frequent without driving yourself further into debt.
>>
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 620x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 620x414
>>74588042
I just found that pic on /n/ and saved it. It's a pretty nice train.

And germany does urbanization pretty nicely, one of the best city plans was hobrechts berlin reorganization. And the german tenment apartments(i forgot the name, nits-something) are a pretty good solution imo.
>>
>>74589087
its because this country is mostly gay and likes it in the ass by anyone and every thing. the cuck culture has taken over jewmurica. there will be no revolution because we are faggots. the end inst near its long past, grease up that asshole for hillary boys.
>>
>>74580718
I never thought you guys had it so hard
>>
File: -bus3.jpg20131118.jpg (54 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
-bus3.jpg20131118.jpg
54 KB, 534x401
>>74588888
Because that's a picture of a bus that was taken about 20 years ago also Queen City metro it snow in the keep buses in service for a pretty long time as it is generally more economical to repair them than to replace them but this is what they look like now
>>
>>74588888

nice cepts
>>
File: 4a8259427562956.jpg (150 KB, 729x400) Image search: [Google]
4a8259427562956.jpg
150 KB, 729x400
>>
>>74584198
You're right but it's not positive. Cars are one of the worst manifestations of capitalism. Have people spent huge sums of money on a product that is bad for the rest of society and the environment. At least stuff like phones or jewelry is not that bad for the rest of us.
>>
>>74581929
I live a few km north of that. breddy gud.
>>
>>74582949
looks cool from afar, wouldn't want to set a foot in it.
>>
>>74589063
ALL HAIL KEK MAXIMA XUEEN OF NUMALE
>>74589109
>2016
>doesn't like loud music
>doesn't like drinking whiskey while drivig around mowing the enormous lawn
>doesn't like Roman candle fights
>doesn't like fires in the gravel driveway
Enjoy paying someone to infringe on your freedom
>>
File: 1406635150962.jpg (157 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1406635150962.jpg
157 KB, 501x585
>>74590200
They need more niggers and muslims.

They need to be culturally enriched
>>
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 1200x734) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 1200x734
>>74588888
Checked, but damn that was wasted
>>
>>74588448
Louisville is included in that map but Lexington is not given the growth between Lexington and Cincinnati it should probably be factored into the Great Lakes region
>>
File: nicearangement.jpg (574 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
nicearangement.jpg
574 KB, 1333x1000
>2016
>not living like everyone else
>ISHYGDDT
>>
File: hoers.jpg (67 KB, 600x457) Image search: [Google]
hoers.jpg
67 KB, 600x457
>>74580718
We must return to horseback, lads!
>>
>>74590911
that is depressing to look at
>>
>>74584939
Fucking lol
>>
File: image.jpg (499 KB, 2048x1448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
499 KB, 2048x1448
>>74590565
>having to cut your grass everyday or you will be fined
>>
>>74584939
>day in the life of a poo
>>
>>74591083
Says who?
>>
>>74590151
nice counting
>>
File: hemad.jpg (22 KB, 370x300) Image search: [Google]
hemad.jpg
22 KB, 370x300
>>74589648
You seem triggered friend.
>>
>>74591083
I can burn it once a summer and no one gives a fuck. It's just fun you idiot
>>
File: P5181054.jpg (1 MB, 3968x2360) Image search: [Google]
P5181054.jpg
1 MB, 3968x2360
who /small city masterrace/ here?
>>
>>74580718
holy shit end your life. Its a great advancement in human inventions. How the fuck is that degenerate
>>
>>74586294
> be me
> $410 insurance a month
> v8 4.6 litre gas guzzler
All so I don't have to listen to the chinks on the subway.

And worth every cent.
>>
File: 1459975258602.jpg (62 KB, 449x600) Image search: [Google]
1459975258602.jpg
62 KB, 449x600
Buy a fun car to drive.
>>
>>74589558

But that's bullshit. There are literally 1 and 2 bd apartments downtown that go for 1000-1600 per month. I mean right downtown. If you go out a 10 minute transit commute time, you get the 900-1300 range.
>>
>>74580718
Well anon, the reason we moved out of the cities was to get away from the niggers.

Suburbs are quickly built, modular, and easy to move away from once the diversity moves in
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2304x1728
>>74591415
what's with canadians and fire?
>>
>>74583343
look up airlander
>>
>>74584675
Helium is extremely uneconomical for large scale applications like that. Also a less effective lifting gas.

That said, hydrogen can be made sufficiently safe with current technology.

Steam punk setting probably would look kitsch, would suggest minimalistic 60s or japanese styles.
>>
>>74581123
Spot on
>>
>>74580718
Not understanding how transportation technology is vital to the advancement of our spiecies

Wew lad
>>
>>74580718
>buy 20 acres of extremely cheap land in the middle of nowhere
>build house to your specifications for half the price of a McMansion
>drive into work is only 30-40 minutes, work office job from home 2-3 days of the week anyway
>build garden, perimeter fence, workshop, shooting range, etc create your own compound
>supplement your food supply with your grown food and raised livestock
>no degenerates or niggers for miles
>after paying off land you have an asset that will only continue to rise in value as the city/suburbs grow slowly towards you

Living in the country sure is great.
>>
File: IMG_20160128_171950.jpg (238 KB, 1024x853) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160128_171950.jpg
238 KB, 1024x853
>>74591870

My first accident was either burning a hay bale or lighting my hand on fire. You have to let fire do its magic. If you put it out the fire wins
>>
File: DSC_0992.jpg (132 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0992.jpg
132 KB, 750x500
>>74584988
RIGHT? Laughed my ass off, everything I could ever want or need is within biking distance, flat terrain too!
>>
>>74583339
>being reliant on the state to travel

Wew
L
A
D
>>
>>74588448
At least 3 of those megacities are at risk from rising sea levels.
>>
>>74585979
Comparing cities of vastly different size, age, design and culture

If you need to ask why Miami doesn't have a rain system like Moscow you don't know enough about cities to discuss it
>>
File: i7kb-5PO5WmvcTROGzig7AnfWyM.jpg (42 KB, 634x367) Image search: [Google]
i7kb-5PO5WmvcTROGzig7AnfWyM.jpg
42 KB, 634x367
>>74584675
>>74592095

>steampunk
>Japanese
>minimalistic 60s

Fucking terrible.
Art Deco or bust.
>>
>>74592526
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_railway
>>
>>74593119
Looks pretty good!
>>
>>74590386
I'm not arguing to win. Cars have negative side-effects. True. But they are part of human evolution. It doesn't make leaps just steps. Their impact is so huge, that you can't think how the last 100 years been without them. All the problems cars cause are the problem our future generations need to tackle. If they're capable of it, then their are screwed. This, however, I won't think will happen.
>>
>>74580718
>People are cucked by their own kids and have absolutely no spine
>This is because of cars

This is some serious mental gymnastics is what it is.
>>
>>74587592
that i can agree with. unless you're in a spot where you need one right away for your commute through mountain backroads like I am.
>>
File: 1095 - 4yR7aHB.jpg (67 KB, 653x590) Image search: [Google]
1095 - 4yR7aHB.jpg
67 KB, 653x590
>>74592945

Miami should have a bigger tranist system
>>
>>74593284
*not
>>
>>74580718
public transportation got sold out in the 20s to ford and the likes...the us system is so fucking old it should be an embarrassment for murricans. trains, busses..all look like from the 70s...
>>
>>74588455
We all do this in College, then dread the suburbs but go there anyways.

Also, I walked to the pub in my suburb, it was a 1960s burb and not too spread out, but I took wierd shortcuts to walk to the bar, I probably was literally the only one hwo does that tho
>>
>>74589087
>i can't drive

a lot of people don't have those problems because they pay attention and don't hit things when they drive
>>
File: 4a8259427562956.jpg (370 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4a8259427562956.jpg
370 KB, 1920x1080
>>74593119
Nothing wrong with steampunk. It's the aesthetics of the Victorian era on steroids.
>>
>>74592526

You know all the roads you drive on are built, maintained, controlled, and patrolled by the big evil state, right laddo?
>>
>>74594191

Except that I've been hit (hint: that means not at fault) twice in the past goddamn year

sorry for not being as lucky as you are
>>
>>74581932
>affordable.
You mean for nigs, muslims and latinos to live there?
>>
>>74594360
open your eyes melvin
>>
File: Swiss.jpg (2 MB, 3827x2505) Image search: [Google]
Swiss.jpg
2 MB, 3827x2505
>>74592315
Sounds like a nightmarish existence.
>>
>>74581932
>the government needs to build housing
>there is room for housing in cities.
The reason cities cost so much is because there is a huge demand and very little supply.
>>
>>74594360
It's called #blessed
>>
>>74591760

How the FUCK is your insurance that much? I pay $100/month on a brand new car.
>>
>>74595075

COMFY
O
M
F
Y

Award for comfiest city. Would live / 10.

I have experience living in backwoods as well like anon described...I have relatives who live that way. It sucks. You end up driving an hour to walmart twice a week because there is nothing else around but a corner market that sells expired food for 3x the price of the walmart shit. Nothing to do, nothing but drugs. Not even woods to /out/ in because it's all owned by someone and they'll shoot you. You get your little spit of shitty woods as a cage, and there is NOTHING else around. It's fun for a few weeks, and then you get tired when all you can do is sit on your back porch and drink beer. Also no good jobs around, so you make 20k a year at best.
>>
>>74584939
Suburbs are so stupid.
If you aren't walking or cycling to your place of work/study, you are doing it wrong.
Just rent an apartment near. Time is more important now, also not being unnecessarily stressed. There's nothing you need in a big house, if you want your own yard, just take a bus to a near park and go jogging there.
>>
>>74595117

Nigger infill. Tear down the roads, install a compact rail system that eliminates 90% of paved road surface. Tear down the surface parking lots, build there. Build up. Wow! So much space.

>>74595358

Function of where you live, what you drive, where and how far you drive.
>>
>>74595694
>if you want your own yard, just take a bus to a near park and go jogging there
The point of having a yard is to be able to build it up and care for it as you see fit. Plant new things, remodel it to serve a better purpose than just staring at it, etc. You can't do that with a public park without getting into trouble most of the time.
>>
File: Kotor 01.jpg (622 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Kotor 01.jpg
622 KB, 1600x1067
>>74595676
I've lived in New York so I understand why people prefer the outback but I'd rather kill myself than go back.
>>
>>74587455
If you work in a city, your best choice is to live near your workplace, and reach it cycling or walking.
Suburbs are retarded, unless your job place is there or you work at home.
>>
>>74584682
Nothing like the depressing view of a commieblock to make you want to kill yourself.
>>
>>74595839
Not sure if your gardening hobby is worth an hour of commuting. For me, it isn't
>>
>>74595694

Paraguay anon gets it. Backyards are shit...it's the same every time, and all you can do is shove a few tomato plants or some crappy pansies on it. At least in the park it's big enough to walk and often has a lake or professional landscaping. Park > any backyard ever.

Agree with you on stress and time. Driving is so stressful. I'd rather relax and be comfy and read while a rail conductor whisks me to my destination, and I don't have to worry about someone merging into my side without looking, or rearending me because they're on the phone, or a deer jumping in front of me, or shrapnel on the road blowing my tires out, or the car breaking down, or fetching gas, or red lights and traffic jams, or cops, or anything else. I just sit and chill and read. Or maybe eat some chow to save time or browse the net.
>>
File: CUCK-182.jpg (120 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
CUCK-182.jpg
120 KB, 400x397
>>74595075
>building your own manor with nought but your blood and sweat, far away from the degeneracy, corruption, and bustle of the city is nightmarish

Eurocuck detected.

>>74595676

I'm talking about a country ranch a few miles off a major state highway and 30 mins away from a city tops, not a mobile home erected on a small plot in the methlands.
>>
>>74594268
>not driving an extreme monster truck or tank off road everywhere
Wew lad.
>>
>>74595788
>being forced to use homeless travel
>>
>>74595975

>wake up in comfy commieblock
>prepare self, leave
>take transit to city
>???
>amazing new sights every day and people everywhere to talk to

Pic: replace the shitty surface parking with a park and community center.
>>
>>74584122
Lots of cities in Europe are like that. Only people allowed to drive are delivery people and taxis who drive old crippled ladies.
>>
>>74580718
>doesn't have his own car

Thread discarded
>>
>>74580718
100% agree here.

I work in IT, make enough money to do anything i want, and people keep wondering and mocking me for not having a car.

I mean, why whould I?
>my work is 15min cycling away from my house
>shopping mall literally 2min walking from my home
>we have excellent public transport here, bus station in front of my door and i can go anywhere i want even faster than a car.

give me 1 good reason to own a car.
>>
>>74595975
You aren't seeing it right. People who live in those kind of appartments don't care how it looks outside.
What if you make your appartment luxurious and modern inside, with the money you aren't spending on a big house?
Asians all live in apartments which all look the same, but you enter their apartments and they have the best furniture, latest computers, and decoration (ofc, providing they have money)
>>
>>74595839

>gardening

That's why you drive two hours a day, anon? Gardening? you some sort of faggot?
>>
>>74595975
There are commieblocks and then there are Western banlieus.

The commieblocks are superior because commie engineers understood what city planning and urban greenery was for. Your photo looks like some degenerate Western banlieu.
>>
>>74584988
>Hahaha fucking americans everything is fucking far away

Thats because we have lakes larger than your fucking country, clog head.
>>
>>74596292
If you're living in a commieblock, there's a really, really good chance that you don't have the extra money to fix it up and make it nice.
>>
>>74582344
I always find it amusing how socialists hate the personal choice to have zoning laws that don't turn the area into a nigger jungle.

Why do they want to live somewhere next to a fucking restaurant and no lawn. Why do you want to make others live like that?
>>
File: city_state.jpg (87 KB, 800x504) Image search: [Google]
city_state.jpg
87 KB, 800x504
>>74580887
>there was a time when everyone could walk to work
>there was a time when everyone knew their neighbours
>there was a time when members of the community cared for each other
>there was a time when nature and man could coexist
We need to go back
>>
>>74584921
Good. Public transit is for leftist beta faggos. What kind of jew let's the govt determine when and where they can travel based on some public private service? I'd rather get raped by niggers
>>
>>74596307
>you some sort of faggot?
asked the cyclist
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.