[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I, an 18 year old, have a question I'd like to ask everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 600x447) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 600x447
I, an 18 year old, have a question I'd like to ask everyone here who is under the age of 28 or so.

Do you recognize the thing in this image? Does looking at it it bring up childhood memories?
Memories of playing without supervision? Memories of playing dangerous, physical games that involved jumping, and running, and grabbing and pushing? Games that involved digging and building?

Those sort of childhood experiences seem to be slipping away. And I believe that "our" generation might be the last- what do you think?

In middle school I could bike to school without a parent. And I could bike to get ice cream after school without any supervision.

Now, my old middle school requests that every student takes the bus. And after school, every kid at the ice cream stand has a parent with them.

In middle school we could play in the woods (and on the pic related structure) at recess, with sticks and jumprope and physical contact games where you would try and grab people down the big metal slide...

Now, they have the playground be off limits during recess. They've banned jumprope after a kid tried strangling another kid. And contact games are banned in their entirety. And heavens forbid if you pick up a stick, let alone sharpen it on the pavement! (Something my friends and I used to do)

You might be thinking, "lol this faggoty 18-year-old is all grumpy about the future." But I'm worried - I'm worried that just in the short span of 10 years there have been such large changes in how kids are raised and the sorts of experiences they have.

So, do you have any good childhood stories? Any interesting ancedotes about how it was then and how it is now?
>>
Bump for political based childhood experiences
>>
File: 0000000000000000000.jpg (50 KB, 1174x500) Image search: [Google]
0000000000000000000.jpg
50 KB, 1174x500
>>74493623
when I was a kid in the 90s me and my cousins used to go trick or treating in Toronto without our parents good times man I am 26 now and I am sure that is something that will never happen again .
>>
File: 1463391648646.jpg (80 KB, 680x536) Image search: [Google]
1463391648646.jpg
80 KB, 680x536
I know how you feel man.

My little brother went through elementary school during the whole Michelle Obama clusterfuck. No more happy birthday cupcakes, couldn't bring in anything sweet, no pizza parties, no end of the year parties, and no more kickball with the rubber balls.

In fact, no more capture the flag, no more gladiator, no more sports, it was hell. He drew an "L" on its side and a teacher got him suspended. One of his friends was running around with a stick and making gun noises, now his friend is out of the school.

Fucking bullshit man.
>>
>>74493623
Im 32
I remember they used to have dangerous shit to play on in the school yard. One kids spleen ruptured. Another knocked his teeth out. Giant monkey bars and swings n shit.
Then in the 90's moms started advocating for "safe" playgrounds, and they tore it all out.
Now, I have heard around here they are actually putting the dangerous shit back in, because its safer to have kids playing in meatspace then getting fat on their phones.
>>
>>74493623
Memories of playing dangerous physical games?

Kind of. On the school playground maybe. But at a really, really young age I probably went with my parents/grandparents, so the games weren't dangerous, they were just tag and things like that.

But by middle school? Yeah of course we could walk around town unsupervised if we wanted. I remember going with friends to the nearby Dimple Records or stopping at Wendy's for lunch and being a general loud jackass to the cars and having fun.

I haven't "required supervision" since like the 2nd grade, but maybe it's because my parents don't care that much and I grew up in a really safe town. By 18 I had backpacked alone across parts of Asia on my own money and then 2 SEA countries again when I was 20, so I don't know maybe my parents considered me really independent or just didn't care.
>>
>>74494407
Kirby Superstar is one of my favorite games of all time :( memories
>>
>>74494559
I do remember sometime in the 7th grade or whatever they replaced the entire playground at my old elementary school because they deemed it too dangerous.

It was just metal though, and had one of those metal dome structures you could climb up, playing king of the hill or whatever, but I guess if you fell through and hit your chin on the bar you could get hurt, I don't know.

They probably got rid of the tetherballs too, I'm not sure.
>>
>>74494407
26 here. We had all metal jungle gyms that kids used to bust their shit on all the time. Getting hurt is part of being a kid, it teaches limits.
>>
>>74493623
Is that park in PA? It looks like the one I went to. 19
>>
>>74493623
People around here are the exact same

But it's Britain so nobody's suprised.

Kids are raised by bumps and grazes, the reason we have so many nu-male betas is because of this overly safe world they're trying to create. When I was in school you used to be able to leave at lunch to go out any buy your own shit from the shops around town (This was 10 years ago or so, I'm not sure when they changed it) now days you can't get into the school without having teachers walk you in - and you're certainly not allowed outside school at lunch
>>
File: 1441130771190.jpg (688 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1441130771190.jpg
688 KB, 800x600
>>74493623
Over 28, but:

When I grew up a neighborhood was not just an array of isolated houses on a subdivided plot.

When I grew up it was normal for children to wander the neighborhood, cut across lawns, visit friends, explore the woods, go swimming in a pond, for hours on end, from morning until dusk.

When I grew up, there were no "free range" children because allowing children the opportunity to be unsupervised, to explore, play, have fun, and, sometimes get injured was the norm

When I grew up I would bike between neighborhoods to visit friends past on a dirt easement, or walk to the county park on busy roads.

When I grew up, during the winter, we would all go to "sled run", a hill that you arrived at by walking to the end of the cul-de-sac, through a neighbor's property, and down a wooded trail. It was steep and it was dangerous, but it was fun.

When I grew up the authorities did not bother themselves with regulating sledding and lemonade stands.

When I grew up, if a child was injured while sledding parents did not sue.

When I grew up teens had part time jobs and kids had unpaid chores.

When I grew up, I made smoke grenades, with sulphur, iron filings, and gunpowder, on the driveway without the neighbors calling the police.

When I grew up lawn darts were a thing.

When I grew up, there were no cell phones. When I left the house, I disappeared.

When I grew up, parents did not worry about keeping their children on a leash.

When I grew up, I knew that when it became dusk, it was time for me to start heading home or I would be in "big trouble"

When I grew up, people were more civil.

When I grew up a .22 was a boy's right of passage on his 12th birthday.

When I grew up, there were no school shootings.

When I grew up, the police had white cars and blue uniforms, not black cruisers, MRAP's, and ski-masks.

When I grew up, the neighborhood was full of children.

When I grew up, people were optimistic about the future.

There was trust when I grew up.
>>
>>74495211
Wow, liked! Can I share this??
>>
>>74495361
Fuck off.
>>
Things I did when I was a kid would get you years in jail now.
>>
>>74494025
As somone who lives in Toronto, I could not fucking fathom allowing children to go trick or treating alone in this city - even in the quiet, affluent suburbs around midtown. This city feels like a fucking asylum I swear to god.
>>
>>74493623
If you're only 18 than you already missed the boat.
>>
>>74495148
Ah I actually support the idea immensely. Toughen kids up. Instead of babying them to the point of imagined hurts.
>>
>>74495211
The fact fucking 4chan of all people seem to be the only people who care about this shit really fucking worries me. We're supposed to be the anti-norm edgelords, when and why did it become edgy to want a community?
>>
>>74493623
Holy shit is that in winter park fl?
>>
>>74493623
You don't know how good your town has it. Try living in Connecticut after Newtown. My high school installed security cameras all over the building, and all students are screened with magnetic scanners before they enter in the morning.

It's like a goddamn prison. So glad I graduated.

>>74494407
>moms
Women truly are the real Jews
>>
>>74493623
>Back in my day you could buy sweets, see a movie and go on a plane ride, and still have change left over for an ice cream.

Literally you.
>>
>>74493623

I had a giant playground like this at my elementary school.

Years later they got rid of it because there was arsenic in the wood chips covering the base of it.
>>
>>74495211
>When I grew up it was normal for children to wander the neighborhood, cut across lawns, visit friends, explore the woods, go swimming in a pond, for hours on end, from morning until dusk.

>When I grew up a .22 was a boy's right of passage on his 12th birthday.

>When I grew up, the police had white cars and blue uniforms, not black cruisers, MRAP's, and ski-masks.

I'm 19, and these things are completely foreign to me.
>>
>>74495696
It is a strange phenomenon.
>>
>>74494407
>>74495148
>Getting hurt is part of being a kid, it teaches limits.

There was an awesome stone slide in a park on my city, one day one of dumb kid slipped, fell and his brains and lots and I mean LOTS of blood fucking ruined it forever.
>>
>>74493623
There's a playground just like that near me
>>
File: 1446984099784.jpg (78 KB, 607x609) Image search: [Google]
1446984099784.jpg
78 KB, 607x609
>>74493623
>be kindergarten
>school had a bitchin gym ring (?) setup similar to OP's pic
>instead of one row it had like 5 or some shit
>go on that thing erryday
>one day, me and friends kinda bored with it
>we want a better swing god dammit
>loop jump ropes through the rings here and there
>we weren't complete retards, the jump ropes could not in anyway possibly strangle us, the loose ends just dangled
>start grabbin onto and swinging from the jump ropes
>shits fun yo
>black playground supervisor run overs and yells at us
>tfw never allowed to go on the swings again for the rest of our time in school
>>
File: 1463345059469.jpg (48 KB, 550x594) Image search: [Google]
1463345059469.jpg
48 KB, 550x594
>>74493623
At night, these places are full of white teens who will sell you weed for cheap.
>>
>>74495166
When i left HS 3 years ago you were still allowed out, but the other year before we got that privilege was almost taken away because the other year decided to be complete mongrols

It still exists, just that it may be heavily restricted
>>
File: 1423273160676.jpg (51 KB, 610x473) Image search: [Google]
1423273160676.jpg
51 KB, 610x473
>>74493623

Meanwhile in certain german schools it's now illegal to trade those stupid soccer sticker (you get them out of buyable booster) that you can collect in binders because of the possibility that kids may fight over certain rare-sticker or steal them from other kids.
>>
>>74495166
>When I was in school you used to be able to leave at lunch to go out any buy your own shit from the shops around town

This was a cardinal sin at my high school. One of the worst possible things you could do.
>>
>>74496978
Really? I graduated in 07 and all upper classmen could do that. It was a rite of passage.
>>
>>74496966
We had the same shit with Pokemon and Yugioh cards
>>
>>74493623
Yes. I remember playing on the big ones that allowed you to cross the playground without ever having to set foot on the sand. Now they're all lame plastic pieces of shit.
>>
File: kosher kid.gif (2 MB, 303x180) Image search: [Google]
kosher kid.gif
2 MB, 303x180
>>74493623
I'm 21
I remember in my primary school we would play manhunt. Instead of just tagging the person like they probably do now we had to grab them and keep hold of them for ten seconds. Teachers weren't concerned.

I also remember getting the hula hoops with a bunch of mates and each person except of the one at the front and back would connect two to each other and make a train.

I also remember bundle piles.

However the best and most "dangerous" game was that there was a small hill, we'd get into a bundle pile then roll down the hill. And we didn't give a shit about "safety" either, there were mixed boys and girls, fat people on top of skinny people, even people who absolutely hated each other. The hill was a place to put all our differences aside and just have fun. Any dismay we had for each other would be left at the bottom of the hill and we'd have the best lunchtimes of our lives on that little hill. The teachers "allow" us to bundle pile while rolling but we did it anyway and they quickly stopped giving a shit. That's why we called it "Rolling down the hill whatsoever".

I can't see this happening with the current generation of children who are wrapped in cotton wool and even encouraged that being healthy is a social construct, while any strength is stripped from children like pic related. I remember they encouraged us to be healthy not so long ago, now if that happens you'd get landwhales complaining.

It is only now that I realized why I took up Judo years later. Perhaps it was to bring back that old childhood physical contact again. However I fear they might one day ban teaching martial arts to children as well s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶s̶e̶l̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶l̶i̶m̶s̶ for health and safety reasons.
>>
>>74496966
>tfw pokemans and yugioh cards banned for that reason
>also from concerns over stealing/shitty trades
>>
>>74493623
>wooden jungle gym
Gay
In my old trailer park we had a metal slide and one of those metal carousels you could spin real fast and smah your face on. Now they got a bunch of faggy plastic shit.
>>
File: 1463616574011.jpg (27 KB, 414x508) Image search: [Google]
1463616574011.jpg
27 KB, 414x508
>>74494025
>mfw i see trick or treaters at my age
>ask them where their kids are
>no response
>give them a single gumball

Fuck those assholes. They could just go to the nearest store and buy a 24-case of pepsi and a big box of candy for under 15 bucks.
>>
>>74497377
*didn't allow us
>>
The thing is - I shouldn't be complaining about the things I remembered used to be allowed but now aren't.

Like snowball fights. Or playing pretend war.

I should instead be complaining about the things that I missed out on entirely

Like in highschool having a rifle in the back of my truck to go hunting with after school

That's pretty much gone forever.

Heck, my dad says that when he was 12 or so he went onto a plane, by himself, with a shotgun in a soft case. The pilots just kept it in the cockpit for the flight and returned it when they landed.

Now that's REALLY gone forever
>>
>>74495211
fag
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (27 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
27 KB, 1280x720
I remember one day in elementary we played a game of dodgerock in the woods at recess, spics vs whites for an hour with no supervision. Shit was cash.
>>
>>74493623
>hurrr durrr this generation sucks we were way better
>t. every generation ever

just because you didn't notice shit when you were kids doesn't mean it wasn't happening 10-15 years ago. it just means you were easily distracted kids as opposed to now
>>
>>74497914
I remember playing a pakis and niggers vs whites football match in secondary school.
>>
>>74498002
Does that change the fact that 8 years ago snowball fights were allowed but now they aren't?

It's a trend, that's all
>>
>>74497402
holy shit i remember a time i puked on one of those metal wheels of death cuz i went way too fast. shit was cash
>>
We used to ride our bikes to this big area behind the supermarkets where someone built some sick massive jumps (town of <3k people) and then we'd throw rocks at each other, or we'd go down to this wooded area with a creek and throw rocks or mud at each other. Mostly we just threw rocks at each other.
>>
File: 1394989994970.jpg (4 KB, 124x126) Image search: [Google]
1394989994970.jpg
4 KB, 124x126
>Be me during very first year at school
>In the park close to school
>Playing with toy truck
>Not watching in front of me
>Tree in front of me
>Shit happens
>Face in the tree at full speed
>Mfw during a month i had a Hitler mustache because of this

Yeah playgrounds could be pretty dangerous years ago, but that's what made them so good.
>>
File: 1463664609365.jpg (540 KB, 1024x689) Image search: [Google]
1463664609365.jpg
540 KB, 1024x689
Here's something you won't remember, faggot.

>CHALK BOARDS IN GRADE SCHOOL

MILLENIALS BTFO
>>
>>74493623
ive seen monkey bars, im unfamiliar with the midieval torture machine you posted tho
>>
File: Dangerousstuff.png (1 MB, 595x1274) Image search: [Google]
Dangerousstuff.png
1 MB, 595x1274
>get suspended for being in a snowball fight
>only kid suspended, because I was the only one the teacher "saw"
>didn't even hit anyone. got suspended for throwing snow
>Tell principal this is stupid, she gives me some story about a kid throwing snow at himself and he knocked his eye out
>who fucking cares?
>tell parents, moms sobbing her eyes out because ive ruined my chance at a good life
>Dad takes day off to watch me.
>He pulls my brother out of class, we go tobogganing
>tells me to throw snow more often, and hit next time
>>
>>74493623

Move away from america if you want freedom of any kind
>>
When I was in 4th grade my family moved, then I had to go to a new school, I hated it. I actually had a melt down and threatened to shoot everyone in the school.

Was totally ignored, everyone forgot.

Like two weeks later columbine happened
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 679x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 679x448
I had a male only class in highschool called 'Outdoor Education' run by a legit mountain man. Learnt about practical shit
>how to tralier and drive a small boat
>how to recover a bogged vehicle
>how to drive on a beach (Could get licence at 15 and a half back then)
>how to rescue someone drowing in the surf

There are to many women in education, thats why its so risk averse. Why take a chance something horrible could happen if we could just lock the kids up inside.

I graduated HS in 2001.
>>
File: breaking out of the cave.jpg (85 KB, 509x378) Image search: [Google]
breaking out of the cave.jpg
85 KB, 509x378
>>74493623
Wow, were those playstructures mass produced? There is one EXACTLY like that in my town.

>Memories of playing without supervision?
Nope
>Memories of playing dangerous, physical games that involved jumping, and running, and grabbing and pushing?
Nope
>Games that involved digging and building?
Not this but I did that a ton

t. bubble child
>>
>>74498395
>she gives me some story about a kid throwing snow at himself and he knocked his eye out
Jesus Christ i received a tennis ball full speed right in my eye and i didn't even had a bruise.

We were playing dodgeball with a tennis ball after school(Yes, this was stupid.)
>>
File: gutters of the internet.png (50 KB, 1323x184) Image search: [Google]
gutters of the internet.png
50 KB, 1323x184
>>74495696
>>
>>74493623
>In middle school we could play in the woods (and on the pic related structure) at recess,
>middle school
>recess

Lucky little shit, I'm 28 and when I went to middle school we only had classes and lunch.

But yes, to answer your question I remember when shit like that started being built up to replace the older, more dangerous stuff in the local schools and park. Felt kind of sad when they tore down this bigass treehouse at the park that was a couple stories tall. I don't know how many dumbasses, myself included, used to climb on top of it and jump off to prove we weren't a bunch of pussies.
>>
>>74493623
is smear the queer illegal yet?
>>
>>74498296
I'm 20 and I most definitely remember chalk boards in my first and second grade classes. Granted the school upgraded to white boards by 3rd grade.
>>
>>74493623

Worrying is for faggots. Never worry or regret about anything.

But yes, you are right. Its downhill from here and it will get much worse. Only way to save your soul is not to be a part of the herd but live among them.
>>
File: 1463661764864.jpg (25 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
1463661764864.jpg
25 KB, 312x312
>>74498741
Unfortunately
>>
>>74494407
Back when I was in elementary school there was this random metal pipe, probably about two feet high, just sticking out of the ground. Don't know what it was for, don't know why it was there - but it was in-between the playground and this field we were allowed to run around in. Somewhat out of the way.

Anyway one time this kid was running around at recess acting stupid and managed to break his collarbone on the fucking thing. That same kid, when he was sixteen, smashed his dirt bike into a tree and died. It was a whole big thing. Really something else.

So the playground didn't really have anything to do with it.
>>
>>74497377
Also 21 here. We had a pretty big hill in one corner of our kindergarten. the teachers couldn't really see what was going on up there and as such we weren't allowed to go up there.
>we did anyways
>found a couple sweet knifes that were dumped there too

The most "dangerous" shit we did was play on what we called "the spider cage" or some shit like that. It was some kind of trapezoid shaped jungle gym shit. Anyways, the sole purpose for this thing's existence as far as we were concerned was for playing the game spider tag. Everyone would pile onto this thing as high as possible and try to avoid the spider. The spider has his eyes closed and has to navigate this thing to tag people (who swing around to not get tagged) while not smacking his head into the many head height bars. After several people had run into these bars and hurt themselves and I think one broken arm, the shit was just gone when we showed up after the summer.
>some kid also climbed the chain link backstop on our kickball field
>nigga got to the top (wasn't very high)
>he slipped and fell
>the chain link caught on his skin and tore the shit out of his arm
>blood errywhere
>no more climbing on chain link fences allowed
>>
>>74498957
>>74498741
My favorite childhood game :( we played at church rofl
>>
>>74496153
>Stone slide
Are you talking about a hill that's been paved?
>>
>>74498741
>smear the queer

Nostalgia overload
>>
>>74498296
>had chalkboards until grade 7
>one teacher was allergic to the markers or something, so she got a chalkboard in her class

So one classroom went from chalkboard to whiteboard and back to chalkboard in one year.
>>
>>74493623

Not reading the thread but my dad used to lock me out of the house during the summer and told me to "go play, damn it!" and i did
>>
>>74493623
>They've banned jumprope after a kid tried strangling another kid
savage
>>
>>74498807
I remember cursive lessons on chalk tablets in 1st grade

They shitcanned cursive the year later.

Now, every single student in our local middle school has either a iPad or a MacBook Air. Except kindergarten and 1st grade - there, they have enough to go around, but thr student doesn't have their own individual one with an account and everything.

t. extremely rich east coast town

We're the kind of place that busses in blacks from the big city to our highschool for the sole reason that it makes people feel smug about diversifying the 98+% white town
>>
>>74493623
I used to just roam the lower middle income neighborhood as a 7 year old with my best friend Johnny and a book of matches. Dad worked a lot and mom hit the sauce, so I was a free range child pyromaniac.

Good times!
>>
>barely anyone trick-or-treats anymore
>Christmas lights seem less common
>helicopter parenting increasing, it seems
>>
>>74499000
Robot
>>
>>74493623
I'm 38. We used to play British Bulldogs on the concrete, as well as 'brandy' - a game that's basically like chasey, except you piff a tennis ball at someone when you're 'it'. Also used to play kick to kick of the footy, where there'd be 20 people at each end all trying to catch the ball at the same time, which resulted in lots of injuries and stacks ons.
>>
>>74495211
i too remember this world you describe...
>>
>used to play game where we wrestled each other off the playground and the winner was the one who managed to stay on.

Few kids got rekt but maybe they should have not been skeleton kings. Fun shit though
>>
>>74499554
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>74498129
Where are snowball fights not allowed? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>be in 2nd grade
>recess is only 15 minutes monday-Thursday
>On Friday it's 30 minutes
>One Friday, me and a few friends playing kickball on diamond we all drew from chalk
>Kid rolls ball to me, I kick it
>It goes super fucking fast, and hits some poor kid playing outfield right in his face
>his glasses are broken, his face hurts pretty bad
>he goes to teacher and tells them about how we hurt him
>get sent to Principal for "bullying"
>Principal makes us sit out of recess every day for 2 weeks

I got the kid back the last day of the year, which was also my last day at that school.
>I stole a super nice metal ruler from the teacher and put it in his backpack at recess, and when the teacher went batshit, I said I saw him take it
>>
I'm 35. The things I remember would land a modern parent in prison for neglect.

That being said, my 8 year old son is autistic, and he never leaves the house. Partially from his mother's and my fears for his safety; partially because he has no interest.
>>
I heard of some cases in murrica where parents got in trouble with child services because they wanted their kids to go home from school alone instead of picking them up.

Is it really that bad over there?
>>
>>74499664

Check the flag, anon. Go get drunk off your ass and find a rattlesnake to bite you a few times, then reread his post. It might make a little more sense.
>>
>>74499554

british bulldogs?

chasey?

piff?

Stack ons?

?
>>
>>74495211
>There was trust when I grew up.
A study by a respected Harvard professor has concluded that a multicultural society erodes trust to a desastrous minimum.
>>
>>74498672
My dad had a book on his shelf that has that picture on it. I remember always looking at it as a kid and thinking wtf is that guy doing? What do you think of it?
>>
Dodgeball.

When i was a kid, dodgeball was my shit. But a few years back I was a PE teacher for a while, and I found out that dodgeball is now banned because "a child can get hurt". Part of being a kid is getting hurt. All this overbearing safety is making kids grow up to be pussies.
If you've never had a ball thrown at your fucking face, you're not ready for the real world.
>>
>>74499853
Bro, we ain't going to take any heat from Rapistan. You folks should actually show a bit more caution with your children/borders.
>>
Oh fuck, I just remember the "nature hikes" my elementary used to do to the creek right on the other side of the fence of the recess yard.
>go there to learn about nature and salmon and shit
>usually get at least 10 to 15 minutes to wander around more or less unsupervised
>big ass hill
>me and a friend go up it
>looking around, doin nature shit
>fuckin around with branches
>hear the teacher's whistle (signal to come back)
>not enough time to go back the way we came
>fuck, run down the steep side of the hill
>friend gets his leg stuck in a hole halfway down
>help him unstuck his leg
>get back to the teacher late
I still have no idea how that fucker didn't sprain his ankle or anything.
>>
>>74493623
i take my kids to a park just like that all the time.

kids still play outside. Its probably you that are inside not noticing the kids outside.
>>
>>74493623

>i, an 18 year old

Aaaaaand I stopped paying attention.
>>
>>74493623
In elementary school we had the most fun playset ever. It was made of wood and was packed with wasps, but it was alright. My friends and I spent most of our recess sitting on the high bars and talking.

Then they got new equipment which was plastic, had one slide from the platform that was two feet off the ground, and got rid of the motherfucking high bars.
>>
23 here. I remember playing manhunt and having to beat the letter out of the other teams kids and try spell a word. No-one ever managed to find out the other teams word. Ever. Mostly because some little bitch would start crying instead of giving out his letter so people would stop out of empathy.
>>
>>74497914
>dodgerock
18 here
Best I ever got was watching niggerfights in middle school and the occasional food fight.
Childhood was shitty.
>>
>>74499697
Middle o' Massachusetts

This is all true btw

First they banned rocks in snowballs and the dropping of large chunks of ice on heads. Ok, fine.

Then they banned the smothering and burying of kids in the snow piles. Now THAT was a fun activity.

Then, they banned throwing snowballs.

Then, they banned climbing the big snow piles.

Then, they banned being in the snow if you didn't have on a fucking Antarctic-ready snowsuit set with gloves and a hat and boots and everything. Because fuck being cold for fun, right?

Then, they banned picking up large quantities of snow at once or rolling snow into big balls for later excavation. Because reasons.

Now I shit you not they just stay in and do iPad stuff when it snows. Because every kid has an iPad/MacBook air.

Oh, and it's racist and discriminatory to let some kids have fun in the snow when mr. retarded wheelchair kid can't

It's all going to hell I tell you
>>
>>74493623
>I, an 18 year old,
>I share that board with people born post 1990

fuck I feel old
>>
>>74499699
>be 5th grade or some shit
>be with friends
>playing wall ball (loose interpretation) with a kickball
>have ball
>one friend said something to piss me off a lot
>he turned to walk away
>hol up nigga we ain't done yet
>throw ball with all my might at him
>square hit to the back
>friend has trouble breathing
>oh fuck
>look around, none of the teachers saw
>manages to not die before it's time to go in
>tfw convinced him to not say anything to the teachers
Looking back, I really lucked out when it came to avoiding detention or any other reprimand.
>>
>>74500055
BRO YOU DONT EVEN KNOW

I was talking to my parents about how it's a tragedy that I could play dodgeball and now kids can't.

My father grabbed me by the arm and said "listen here you little shit, you don't know what true dodgeball is all about" or something to that effect

He then explained to me that there was no such thing as "dodgeballs". Dodgeball was a game that you played with regular balls - any ball, even if it was hard, and could knock you out

He also said that girls never played it. Now, girls are required to play dodgeball in my old HS or else no one can.
>>
>>74493623
Chicken on the jungle gym

I remember dangerous stuff on the the slides too. The Yard Duty Ladies tried to stop us, but whatever. Fuck the Yard Duties
>>
>>74493623
>>74495155

kids castle brings out all the PAfags
>>
>>74499086
I think I remember playing on something like that but it was made of rope, not metal bars.

I also just remembered a sort of horizontal wheel thing that would start spinning once you ran on it. I remember when it was removed from the park. That was one of the first memories I had of things starting to change.
>>
>>74499457
Halloween is my Christmas. Even I stopped bothering. The first year I moved into this neighborhood I spent fucking hours decorating the yard. And I buy the good candy. Full size candybars, motherfucker. Name brand, none of that dollar store shit.

90% of the kids that came by were just teenagers. No costumes. Just walked up with their hands in their hoodie pockets. 'Hey, you giving out candy?'

Most of the rest were soccer moms. They actually drove the kids from neighborhood to neighborhood then left them in the van while SHE walked to the door to get free candy for the kids. "I've got six in there... ooh, I like the peanut butter cups."

This wasn't a ghetto or some shit. I live in a 96% white community with absolutely no real crime to speak of.

This is why I just stay home and drink now.
>>
>>74501013
>horizontal wheel thing
sounds interesting, but we never had something like that.
>we did have a lot of tires that people kept getting stuck in though
>>
>>74499664
>>74499926
British Bulldogs is a game where one guy is 'it'. Everyone else tries to run past him from one end of the concrete to the other, while he tries to tackle them to the ground. Whoever he tackles joins him in the middle and is 'it' as well, until at the end there's like 50 people trying to tackle 2 people. Very rough game which injured many kids.

Chasey = tag, so brandy is tag, except with a tennis ball, which you throw (piff) at the others when you're 'it'.

Stack ons is when a bunch of bodies pile up on top of each other. So when we played 'kick to kick', you'd kick the football to a pack of 20 people, they'd all go to catch it at the same time, which resulted in a lot of people falling to the ground and piling on top of each other.
>>
>>74500929

I like your dad. If you've never even seen a kid get his nose broken from dodgeball, you've been playing it wrong.
>>
>>74500948
OH MY GOD IS THAT THE NAME OF THAT PLACE? I GOT BIT BY A MOUSE THERE AND NEVER REMEMBERED WHERE/WHAT IT WAS
>>
>>74501041
Just refuse to give any to those sorts of people.
>>
>>74494025
>that latin
kek
>>
>>74493623
>interesting ancedotes about how it was then

Here's my story:
>be born in 1967
>late 70s spent every day during summer vaca at the public pool or innawoods playing Army
>bb guns, then graduated to .410 shotgun at 12 years old
> walked 20 mins to / from school, because "live too close for bus ride"

>ffwd to teen years

>regularly sneak out after parents in bed
>gather with friends to climb pool fences and skinny-dip with hot 80s high-school chicks at 2am
>Local friendly bum buys us liquor for the price of a pint for his trouble
>dabble in LMAO WEED
>grow up to be responsible adult: married, father, grandfather with good job, responsibility
>Lean on teachings learned from forced attendance at church as a child

Life was great, America was great

>be current year
>nation-wide argument over where faggots can piss

Stop the planet, I want off this crazy ride
>>
Anyone have stories of almost getting raped as a kid?

Some spic asked me if I wanted to suck on a candy cane in his van

RAN LIKE HELL
>>
>>74501246
If you know it's called tag why do you call it something gay?
>>
File: 9744563.jpg (70 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
9744563.jpg
70 KB, 640x427
>>74501290

behold the land of splinters and birthday parties, Bucks County PA
>>
>>74501246
I saw some kids get knocked the fuck out during British bulldog. Our playground was shit as fuck and made out of concrete since we weren't allowed on grass since it rained all the time and teachers would whinge about muddy uniforms.
>>
>>74493623
You missed climbing trees.

My favorite thing we used to do was water balloon fights. I used to prepare my tree tower the night before, would get 100-200 balloons filled up and in a Rubbermaid container hidden up my tree. When we started, i would scurry up the tree and bombard everyone from on high.

Good times man.
>>
>>74501246
>British Bulldogs
I think we called it Red Rover
>>
I remember my Elementary school used to have the best fucking playground. It was basically a giant pirate ship. with a big slide and fort thing in the back, this giant tire swing made of 20 or so tires that like 20 kids could fit on, another fort thing in the front, more slides, and a big plank sticking out the front that kids could jump off of into the sand pit.

They tore it down like 15 years ago and replaced it with some generic plastic shit. They just don't make playgrounds like they used to.
>>
>>74501486
I had to think for a second what Americans called it. I've never called it 'tag' before. It sounds gay because it's a game that young kids play and it's young kid terminology.
>>
You can still do all these things and loads of children all over the country still do these things. Now at 18, you probably don't associate with people who have young kids anymore so you're not aware. You see a few kids looking at iphones and confirmation bias fills in the blanks. Do less kids play outside than they did 20 years ago? Yeah. Is it a significant amount? No, not at all.
>>
>>74501518
oh god I was there when I was 15, picked up a mouse and got bit and they had to go give me like 3 shots just in case. Never remembered the name of the place and nobody I brought it up to remembered. I'm going there this weekend to show my little sister this place before she gets too old to enjoy it
>>
>>74493623
What the fuck does this have to do with politics you highschooler? Fuck off this board.
>>
>>74501555
Sounds like my school growing up. We played heaps of sport on concrete. My girlfriend said she broke her arm playing British Bulldog.
>>
>>74501765
That sounds awesome
>>
>>74501684
In Washington we know British bulldogs. It's not just a Aussie thing
>>
>>74493623

When I was a little kid we used to light fires, and lots of them. This was helped because there was a large area of waste ground at the back of our house where everyone dumped stuff. Anything that could burn we burned. We played with sheets of dumped asbestos, and corrugated iron from old Anderson shelters. We made dens out of them. We "cooked" potatoes on the fires we made by putting them in the ashes till they went black. We ate the outside that was burned or cooked, that made our faces all black, while the inside was usually quite raw. We always played war, with whatever makeshift object we scavenged that vaguely represented a gun, bits of old gas cooker or odd branches of trees, hat in our imagination looked like a Sten or other SMG. Old mattresses and beds that had been dumped had some great wire shaped pieces for making into catapults (slingshots), using lots of rubber bands for power. We always had knives, mostly small pen knives. You could buy them in sweet shops with no questions asked. We played a game called split the kipper, which was like twister only with a knife thrown in the ground to mark the spot to move to.

Things have changed in the extreme. I work with a 26 year old, a product of a single mother. He proudly proclaims he is a "mummy's boy". When I was a third of his age you would never say such a thing. You would be a permanent laughing stock, and likely the target of all sorts of harassment and bullying. No kid was escorted or driven to school by their parents, you walked on your own or with your friends.

There are lots of things kids have nowadays that just didn't exist back then. They are spoiled by all the hi-tech toys they have, but they also miss out on a huge amount that we enjoyed because their parents and society as a whole is neurotic and wants to wrap them in cotton wool.

I'm glad I grew up when I did, and feel sorry for the kids of today. They miss out on lots of things which were part of being a kid back then.
>>
>>74495211
>When I grew up, there were no cell phones. When I left the house, I disappeared.
>When I grew up, I knew that when it became dusk, it was time for me to start heading home or I would be in "big trouble"

Shit man. I remember riding my bike to my friends has on Friday night, cutting through home construction ect. Then calling my parents on my friends home phone telling them I was staying the night.

I also remember mowing my neighbors lawn when I was 10 years old for extra cash. Saved up enough money to get an N64
>>
>>74501907
Yeah lad, i got knocked out after some cunt tripped me. It's probably what made me autistic.
>>
>>74501684
Yep, that's the one.
>>
>>74493623
Wtf you just posted a picture of the exact playground that I used to play at when I was a kid. Fuck off /pol/ you're getting too real now.

We need to keep memes out of real life.
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 500x375
You see this? THIS is a slide.

It's a man's slide. A manly slide. A slide every kid in America should be able to slide on.
Anyways, if anyone wants me to tell them if x y or z is banned yet in white east cost suburbia, ask away. It's all still relatively recent in my mind

Oh if you guys want to feel old, I had no idea what POGS were until last year when it looked it up

And waggle was the hot shit in gaming
>>
>>74499853
>I heard of some cases in murrica where parents got in trouble with child services because they wanted their kids to go home from school alone instead of picking them up.

>Is it really that bad over there?

Yes it is. I've heard tons of vigilante justice stories in my hometown where some fat welfare queens with nothing better to do would call the police and report anything and everything they saw.

And to OP, yes, I've seen it. Class of 2009 in Philadelphia suburbs here. It seemed like as I was growing up, every year it got a little bit worse. When I was in kindergarten, there were no grades and absolutely nothing mattered. No letter grades that counted for anything until 3rd grade. Younger siblings had graded homework assignments, school was super chill, dangerous playground, ample recess, nobody got suspended, etc.

And now, there is common core, security guards posted at every door, cameras everywhere, need signed notes from both parents to pick up my little sister (I could have done it myself back in high school and walked her home with no permission). It just goes on and on.

Did I mention kindergarten now has graded homework in 2-3 subjects every weekday? The kids don't understand that shit. I couldn't even understand it but my parents would hit me if I told them I couldn't figure out how to do my brother's assignments about stupid shit nobody cares about.

My mudslime parents can't possibly be happier with the changes. They want a draconian police state. They hated the fact that I wanted to play outside all the time as a kid. They used to call the cops if I was more than 15 minutes late walking home from school. One time I stayed a half hour in the middle school library to work on a homework assignment and the cops surrounded the building.
>>
>>74501163
>we did have a lot of tires that people kept getting stuck in though
Some of the best things from my childhood were made from tires.

>>74501518
>3 stories high
I never seen anything like that in the UK. Were all playground castles that big in America?
>>
God dammit this thread is making me sad.
>>
>>74502101
I split my head open playing it, still have a decent scar on my head from it. Good times.
>>
>>74502142

I still can't believe I run into so many Bucksfags on /pol/
>>
>>74502155

Death slides were awesome. We had one on the playground that claimed multiple children.

Something like two broken bones every few months. Was amazing.
>>
>>74502216

Not all, but there were a few around and they we're glorious. At that age it might as well be an actual castle.
>>
Planet spacewalker anyone? That shit was dope as fuck, mine had air canons installed before they shut it down

Still fuckin bummed man
>>
Digging tunnels through snow banks was the best.
>>
>>74495211
Beautiful
>>
>>74501518
>
>behold the land of splinters and birthday parties, Bucks County PA
North Penn vs. Central Bucks rivalry
>>
>>74502155

While I agree with everything posted in this thread, and agree with your post, there are two things nobody in this thread is considering

1) Liability. It's just become one of those things that is a big deal nowadays.

2) Kids decreasing motor skills. Yes this is a result of the over pacification, but that slide in you're picture? Kids in late 80's early 90's could have survived that, maybe a couple of injuries, kids today? they would fall right off onto their neck. most kids don't even instinctively put their hands out when they fall anymore, they just take it to the face like retards
>>
>>74502155
I remember those metal slides were boiling hot to touch in summer.
>>
>>74502364
Yep.

Our nurses office was like a fucking operating theater

I think more kids got hurt by trying to lunge around with the crutches of an actually injured kid than by another injury, lol
>>
not school related but it got me thinking
>27 now this was probably 3 years ago
>hanging with then girlfriend at the time
>she and her friends in the city were pretty liberal
>small house party in the afternoon
>find they have an indo-board
basically a piece of wood that you balance on a 6 inch diameter pipe
>hadnt been on one in a while
>start getting back in the groove and doing 180's, 360's
>people are now watching
>one of them says i need to be careful
>ok
>my gf says yeah im not taking you to the hospital if you get hurt
>others chime in about an ambulance
>i ask how would i get hurt?
>if you fell and broke something
>you mean if i fall 3 feet down in this grass?
wtf

now that i read it, it sounds dumb, but they were all up in arms about me breaking something and getting hurt and talkin bout calling 911
>>
>>74493623

18 year old here. I went to an old Victorian style primary school, so it had a wall built around it and all the playing took place inside there. I don't recall rules being very strict, but then, I was the fat kid with no friends who never played any games, so I don't know if my experience is representative.
>>
>>74498741
I never once found this offensive. I remember even telling my parents about a game of it and didn't get in trouble or even yelled at.

I want those days back
>>
I remember my elementary school had monkey bars that were like 6 feet (felt like 16 feet) off the ground. You had to be in grade 5 or some shit before you could swing on them at recess, but fuck we had fun. We were able to pull ourselves on top of the bars with them, and I remember we spent one lunch recess just sitting on top of them casually talking to a teacher as she watched the little kids on the slides.

I also remember we had those swing things. I can't remember what the hell they were called though. However, we used to have "wars" on them. Split into teams, and one person from each team would swing to the middle and start kicking at the other until they let go and fell to the ground. The team that had someone get to the other side first won.

We also had a climber with a stainless steel slide. We would try to run up it all the time, and I can tell you from experience, faceplanting on stainless fucking hurts.

The entire ground was gravel, probably half a foot deep, and well over 2 feet at its deepest, where some kids years before me actually started digging a hole.

Outside of that, we had a really steep hill, probably 20+ degrees, that we were allowed to use crazy karpets on during the winter. We used to wait for good snowfall and then carve out a track down the hill, and then at night kids who lived nearby had the job of taking water over to freeze the track and make it really slippery. One year a bunch of us got together over a long weekend when the teachers weren't going to be there for a sleep over at a friends house. We ended up making a big, frozen ramp. When the teachers caught on to what we did, which was pretty quick since ramps were against the rules, they blocked the course and had the janitors come out with shovels to remove it. They made the mistake of assuming it was just coated in ice and not full on ice. One of them went home and brought a fucking pic axe back and hacked it out of the ground. That was fun.

Fuck I kind of miss recess now.
>>
File: trump corn.png (206 KB, 359x373) Image search: [Google]
trump corn.png
206 KB, 359x373
>>74495696
>We're supposed to be the anti-norm edgelords, when and why did it become edgy to want a community?
We had a shift in our timeline. Turns out the Y2K may have actually happened. Then the towers fell and nothing was the same. We all are now under massive severance because of the patriot act that was passed soon after 9/11. Then the SJW shit has picked up speed and is now at critical mass. They're now changing history by saying some white people were black. Soon they will stop printing books like they did VCR tapes and all of our information will be on a cloud. They will edit the history.
>>
File: 1388889985073.jpg (51 KB, 394x379) Image search: [Google]
1388889985073.jpg
51 KB, 394x379
>>74502155
>hot summer day
>fuck yeah, I'm gonna go on the slide!
>jump on slide
>mfw searing hot
>>
>>74494829
When I was in 1st grade around 97 I tried (and failed) to pull a jump from a platform to some overhead bars. Landed on my face and got a huge shiner. If it hadn't happened on school grounds they definitely would have brought my parents in for questioning ha.
>>
>>74502280
Atleast we know why we're on 4chan.
>>
>>74493623
>an 18 year old

What the fuck dude, I'm 19 and didn't have this freedom where the fuck did you go to school?
>>
>>74498697
>the only way left is to rebel
fucking so right on this basis most people on 4chan just want to rebel but fuck, you know the worlds shit when "gutter" people like us are trying to stand up for morals and something that they know is bigger than themselves.
>>
I'm going to blame my knee problems in 20 years on trying to jump the farthest from from a swing in middle school

And I'm going to blame my deafness on one too many capgun battles

Ok, who here has the record for most number of surgeries due to playground injuries? I got 2
>>
>>74501684

RED ROVER RED ROVER WE CALL ANON OVER
>>
>>74502155
Actually I just remembered I fell off one of these and broke my collarbone.
>>
I think it's interesting that this place is full of violent shitposting and sharpened ad hominem 99% of the time.

Then a nostalgia thread happens and we all get along.
>>
File: 1463348252804.jpg (89 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1463348252804.jpg
89 KB, 540x720
>>74501354
Damn. What's it like to be 50, and seeing the US being pussified?
>>
>>74502155
Man those slides were the shit they got so fucking hot they'd sear your ass cheeks in the summer and they didn't slide for shit but for some reason they were the best.
>>
>>74496514
Niggers
>>
File: 1wut.png (383 KB, 413x414) Image search: [Google]
1wut.png
383 KB, 413x414
>>74496966
>mfw I got a 1st edition charazard from some kindergartner for some digimon cards
>>
Kick the bucket in the backyard

Hiding under the spider webs

cleverly waiting for distraction

rushing for my goal

smack

I tripped and hit my head
>>
>>74503338

Fuck you
>>
>>74503425
are you calling us niggers or the supervisor a nigger?
>had to restart my computer so different ID
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 1276x765) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 1276x765
> in 4th grade I bought some food to school (with PEANUTS IN IT GODDAM IT)

> one of the serving utensils was this type of tong

>after we finished easing I just pretended they were butterfly knives for the rest of the day

If someone did that today they probably be shot or something
>>
>>74503637
what the fuck? I figured since I didn't have any (you)'s from my posts my ID would be different
>>
>>74499778
How did you know he had autism? I'm expecting my first in 2 months and have been worrying about things like this.
>>
>>74493623

Most of these are banned because of liability.

Schools are now responsible for the well being of a kids way beyond what they re capable of doing. You see, a kid cannot be responsible for their actions. So, to prevent the school getting sued in to oblivion, because kids do injure themselves as part of growing up its inevitable, they ban everything which could cause harm.

It's not the schools fault, or some liberal bullshit, It's the litigious nature of the west these days.
>>
>>74503197
I still think we'll go full circle one day. History repeats itself. This can't be it. I pray that one day our current era will be remembered as "the era of idiots", with extreme PC and SJWs and whatnot.
>>
>>74493623
I'm 23.
I was the kid who played monster and chased all the other kids around. It made me popular and I got to choose who would play, simply by not chasing them.
During 4th grade we switched to playing tag (slapping the fuck out of each other) and zapping each other with static from the big yellow slide.
>>
>>74503726
yous are saved in cookies, the id is IP based
>>
>>74503860
>So, to prevent the school getting sued in to oblivion, because kids do injure themselves as part of growing up its inevitable, they ban everything which could cause harm.
This is absolutely true. How did it get this bad? What was the catalyst for this thinking?
>>
>>74504073
makes sense I guess
>>
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 736x546) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 736x546
POST YOUR FAVORITE CHILDHOOD DEATHTRAP AND YOUR FAVORITE SCHOOL CAFETERIA FOOD

>rectangular French toast sticks and half frozen orange juice
>>
File: 1442972597279.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1442972597279.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>74501518
Here come the memories.
>>
>>74504200
I can't find a pic of the trapezoid thing I mentioned in >>74499086.

Pic related was some god tier school cheese sticks.
>>
>>74496966
>>74497151
>>74497386
But this was better than a negotiation 101 class.
>>
>>74494407
You're 33 you old fuck. But you won't get much older, I wouldn't worry.
>>
>>74503860

> overly litigious
> not due to liberalism

Kek
>>
>>74502280
Split my head open on some parallel bars as a kid, probably why I'm on here
>>
File: Death_of_Superman_01.jpg (825 KB, 1310x1026) Image search: [Google]
Death_of_Superman_01.jpg
825 KB, 1310x1026
School use to have a 15foot wall with ropes to climb it with. Nothing but mulch around the bottom. Use to climb it all the time and see kids wuse out over making it to the top.

Drive by the place the other day. No more metal monkey bars, no jungle gyms, and no wall.

Felt bad man.jpg
>>
>>74493623
Cuckadian here living as a tourist in Poland.

I think it was either grade 5 or 6, but we legit would leave our elementary school during lunch and bike 2 km out to the closest mall to eat pizza, then come back at the end of recess that was after lunch.

I don't even know how we got away with it for a good couple weeks. Eventually they told us to stop and put people on supervision to make sure no one was leaving the classroom on bikes.
>>
>>74503927

did any of the kids you didn't chase eventually shoot up the school?
>>
>>74498741
Fuck, I don't even remember how to play that anymore.

>Be me, age 11 or some shit
>have a group of like 6 kids from around the cul-de-sac
>would play a game called "around the block" where we'd be in teams of three and shoot eachother with toy guns
>my best friend and I would always stick together, both having realistic looking airsoft rifles without the tips that keep soccer moms from getting triggered
>cut through and hid in just about everyone's yard, nobody called the police or anything

God damn, I miss those days. Now the little fags around here aren't even allowed to play XBox.

>we'd point our guns and yell: boom boom boom! Got you Anon!
>I was a nigger and carried a Luger cap gun I spray painted gold
>>
>>74493623
Is this in Pace, Florida, near Luther Fowler road?
>>
Nah. They didn't have shit like that when I was a kid.

They had cast iron monkey bars, stainless steel slides that heated up to 900 degrees, and flying foxes we would use to play a game where you would go down the flying fox and somebody would stand in the way and try to stop you and you had to kick them in the head before they punched you in the balls or grabbed you or whatever.

The wooden shit came around when I was a teenager. I didn't play on them, I got high and fucked on them.

btw, it's not a political thing. It's liability. The company I worked for (Amaco) and we did charity type shit like building playgrounds at children's hospitals, and I helped, and Canada was not nearly litigious at the time, and the playground we built in Calgary for their Childrens hospital was so much funner then the one we built in Huston. Completely because of liability.

Like for example in Calgary we had bridges made of chain and wood connecting the various structures, and in Huston one of the first things I remember legal saying is that there's no way we could do that.
>>
>>74505270
Don't think so, I never excluded anyone because I wouldn't have felt right.
>>
>>74503356
>Damn. What's it like to be 50, and seeing the US being pussified?

symptom of the universe.
Your pic related reminds me of my first ride, 1976 GMC Sierra Grande pickup with a 350 under the hood.
I could literally sit under the hood, on the wheel well, and perform my own maintenance.
I look under the hood of a "modern vehicle" and all I see is everything covered up and inaccessible.
>>
>>74504979
>be last class at my grade school
>have to drive by it every day on the way to highschool and later college
>watch as everything is slowly torn down and replaced with a tiered green field
>field never gets used aside from the odd little league soccer practice
>the only standing building was and continues to be a daycare
Most members of my family went to that school, hell a couple teachers taught my mom. My kids will never be able to experience the same school I did.
>at least the creek is still there
>>
>>74505403
>hearing stories about one of my cousins
>my aunt/uncle were adamant about keeping their kids away from guns and violence
>cousin gets a block letter set
>first thing he did was pick up the L and say bang
probably one of the best stories I've heard about my cousins
>>
>>74504200
Donut Holes with a bag of chocolate milk.
>>
>>74493623
Well I'm above 30 and I remember doing all kind of crazy stuff in school. We had brawls, we played innawood and did all kind of shit even under the eyes of the teachers who didn't give a fuck.

From grade 4-6 with had a game the entire school played, it looked like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-B2EFxQ8fU
in the large 10 o'clock break we had a unofficial league for it, everyone knew it nobody talked about it...

>class vs class 20 vs 20
>mixed teams
>no rules beside the ball goes out the other team get's it, you can't score from behind the middle line and it's a goal as soon as the ball passes the line...
>usually it ended in one big FFA brawl
>teachers encouraged us even let us go to break 5min early when we told them we play against a other class to warm up
>bruises, broken noses and other shit guaranteed
>teachers watched it no fucks given or even did the ref job keeping it all out but fair
>got fixed up
>teachers told us to go on them harder next time or celebrated a win with us with cake or other shit...

good times, today we would all get kicked out for
>dis be dangerous and shiiieeeeet....
>>
congratulations everyone, you had a different childhood than children do today.
>>
>>74494025
When I was a kid there would be hundreds of trick or treaters running around screaming and having a good time.

Guess how many showed up last Halloween to trick or treat? Two.

TWO fucking kids.
>>
>>74495211
>When I grew up lawn darts were a thing.
yeah but those are lame, stupid and they killed people.
>>
>In middle school I could bike to school without a parent. And I could bike to get ice cream after school without any supervision.

I started biking to school in pre-school, about fifth grade, maybe earlier. Before that I often walked home from school. Me and my friends walked home for the first time in 1st grade pre-school.

Kids still do that in my country.
>>
>>74493623
I live in front of a small park, and I've grown in this neighborhood. When I was a kid I used to play in that park, now 12 years later lots of kids still play in the park.
>>
>>74495211
35 here. my exact same experience.
>>
>>74493623
That looks like the park near where I live. Are you in Utah?
>>
File: 1456851549009.jpg (42 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1456851549009.jpg
42 KB, 409x409
Yes, I don't know if I'm okay to answer because I'm 27, but yes, and I remember that the rule was to "stay in the neighborhood", inside that borders I could go wherever the fuck I wanted with my friends. Also, those borders obviously were usually surpassed like if we were mexicans.

Ah, good old times, now you only have mudslims, rape, pedophiles and shit behind every corner.
>>
I remember those long metal things with a horse's head on the front that would seat about ten kids, it would slide violently from front to back and the poor bastard in the front usually ended up with a missing tooth or bloody lip from the head.

Good times
>>
>>74507149
>horse's head on the front that would seat about ten kids, it would slide violently from front to back
Explain further leaf
>>
>>74495211
>When I grew up, people were optimistic about the future.

Man, I hadn't realize that until now. It makes me feel depressed as fuck.
>>
>>74507295
One of these scary motherfuckers

Can't believe I found a pic...
>>
Parents have become more and more overbearing, and schools have made the leashes much shorter. The food is all cardboard, the playgrounds are often banned. The prevalent attitude is that kids need eyes on them constantly. The parents need to be overlords, instead of giving them the chance to grow up. Because we need to be safe at all costs. Even if it means taking all the life out of life, at least the children's knees aren't skinned and the teeth aren't chipped. Then the kids get done with being watched constantly and thrown into utter independence. And when they don't know what to do the parents don't understand why.
>>
>>74507677
Jesus fucking Christ anon what the fuck
>>
>>74502007
>We always played war, with whatever makeshift object we scavenged that vaguely represented a gun, bits of old gas cooker or odd branches of trees, hat in our imagination looked like a Sten or other SMG.

That sounds kinda like the movie I Declare War. I should stream it for /pol/ some time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRnIOkQ2BI
>>
>>74502509
>most kids don't even instinctively put their hands out when they fall anymore, they just take it to the face like retards

I refuse to believe this, I need some sort of evidence anecdotal or whatever, that's fucking instinctual
>>
>>74504637
hell be fine.
>>
>>74507821
>fucking laser eyes
Man that's some tight shit
>shouldn't Liberals be all over this movie since kids are "killing" each other with real looking weapons or some shit?
>>
>>74494175
>When I was in elementary school we had a three day dodgeball game in recess continuing between recesses
>Literally any ball anyone could find, think there were even some rocks being thrown around
>Got smacked in the side of the head with a football
Good times.
>>
>>74501041
>They actually drove the kids from neighborhood to neighborhood then left them in the van while SHE walked to the door to get free candy for the kids. "I've got six in there... ooh, I like the peanut butter cups."
I would have taken her bag and shit in it.
>>
>>74493623
When i was a kid in 1997, I lived in a fucking suburban ghetto and could go trick or treating safely. This is why Im voting for trump.
>>
18 here. We played something called "bloodcoin" here. It was kind of pointless, but it was kind of fun as well.

We also used to climb trees, like atleast 10 meter tall trees and shit just for fun. Pretending wooden branches and sticks being lightsabers was also normal.

That seems to be gone from the elementary school thats nearby my house now...
>>
>>74499554
>I used to play pollysop with a bing-rodger.
you truly do live upside down, don't you?
>>
My school was at the middle ground, but most of the shit was reasonable.

For example, on one place there was this small steel pipe jutting out of the ground, we used to ride those things on the snow there. One kid in my year hit the pipe and broke his leg on it, no more riding down that slope anymore. We had a way bigger one left though.

Snowball fights were pretty much allowed as long as it was all good fun, and in a certain area. Iceballs and crying instantly got a teacher to end it though.
>>
>>74508102
>Laser Eyes

There's always that one kid who thinks we're playing X Men instead of a proper war.

Also, the film is Canadian, so it probably flew under their radar.
>>
File: rural.gif (156 KB, 670x286) Image search: [Google]
rural.gif
156 KB, 670x286
> Be 18, graduating this year

Thankfully, I grew up in a very white French Canadian village with an elementary school of some 190 kids.

We had a massive yard in which, due to the very few staff and teachers the school could afford, any group of kids could go run off and disappear into until recess was done. There were plenty of small hills which would break line of sight and let us play games into the woods, not that the teachers ever bothered to stop kids who went even if they were seen.

We had these big wooden play structures seemingly built by many of our grand fathers in the school yard which were easily two stories tall with searing hot slides in the summer and particule accelerator type properties in the winter. I have great memories of broken and dislocated bones which, I shit you not, were fixed by a local french hillbilly farmer/veterinarian which the school would call in from down the road.

We had fights, wars and all-out brawls between the boys which the teachers would come settle once a side had won. In fact, in the winter, once the castles were built and fortified, we would raid each others snow forts, no mercy style and the victors would steal everything the enemy had. Although the next day, we would come back to see the losers' fort completely rebuilt as the bad ass based janitors would rebuild them after their shifts and hose them with water to fortify the walls and turn them into genuine Castle Blacks which we would then attempt to attack next lunch. The girls were sculpting shit in the snow in the meantime.

We had only a few exceptions to our outdoor mobility. On the rare occasion we would stay inside because of -40 C temperatures, feeling like -50 C with the wind, or a bear/coyote was spotted on the yard and the hunters hadn't gone chasing the animal yet. If it rained, you just didn't slip in the mud, simple as that.

We had what very few children seem to have had - have now.

We had a good time.

We had a childhood.

We knew freedom...
>>
>>74495166
18 here, we got bad marks for leaving the school area up until 10th grade.
>>
>>74508384
laser eyes ain't got shit on that magic DnD wizard armor yo
>>
>>74495211
>When I grew up, the police had white cars and blue uniforms, not black cruisers, MRAP's, and ski-masks.
You can thank the LA Race Riots for that one. Isn't it great to be culturally enriched?
>>
>>74493623
It's a fucking playground calm the fuck down cunt
>>
>>74498296
>19
Had chalkboards in the old part of my highschool
>>
File: kletterlabyrinth.jpg (76 KB, 600x385) Image search: [Google]
kletterlabyrinth.jpg
76 KB, 600x385
>>74493623
Holy fuck..puperty hit like a train, since 14 i rarely visited these awesome playgrounds.

After turning 16 neetdom began, i am a HS drop out, because of bullying and other shit i stopped school.

I remember awesome playgrounds, climbing halls for children, with thise awesome tunnels and ball pits, holy fuck.

Why, why did you have to bring up these awesome feels again, i am crying right now, thanks.

Pic related, spend almost every birthday in such things, god that was so awesome, being agile like a monkey, chasing each other living in the moment, fuck i hate being a grown up.

Thank you again fucking bitch for bringing this up.
>>
File: pretend guns.jpg (72 KB, 590x393) Image search: [Google]
pretend guns.jpg
72 KB, 590x393
>>74507821
That film trailer brings back a lot of nostalgia. Although it wasn't "dangerous" we always had pretend wars, we rarely even used objects, most of the time we used our hands and with bigger weapons they'd be made out of thin air. There would also always be one cunt that would give himself invincible full body armor.
>>
>>74509095
>invincible full body armor.
you mean magic wizard armor right?
>>
Weight training in high school they had by then deemed no dodge ball by then. They let us play dodge ball on our knees on the wrestling mats
>>
>>74495211

24 here

>cutting across lawns

I remember my back yard before we had my large wooden fence. We used to be able to run through everyones backyard following the power lines to the side street. It was perfect for growing up and some houses in the row behind mine didnt have the chainlink fences so you could run from street to street cutting through big ass yards.

Such is life in 20 years ago suburbia Minnesota.
>>
File: 51VZf3UTLcL.jpg (59 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
51VZf3UTLcL.jpg
59 KB, 500x379
>>74501041
I was at a friend's house for a Halloween party last year and it was nearly the same exact case. By the time it was 7 the streets were empty with exception of a couple teenagers that lived across the street doing football drills in the yard. The people that did show up were all dull as fuck. I made a DC/Marvel rivalry joke at a couple of kids that were dressed up as iron man and batman and they didn't even say anything they just grabbed some candy and left. It's fucking depressing.

Even where I live now there's no sense of community. I don't know any of my neighbors and I'm in my yard almost constantly. No one says hi to anyone, the kids are never at the park, hell I could probably sit in my front yard ass naked and no one would notice. People don't even seem to walk their dogs around here.
>>
>>74507941
>>74502509

I'm with the bong on this one, what the fuck are you talkin about m8?
>>
We had a wooden play structure at my grade school.

I remember a kid got splinters in his face from sliding on it lol. They replaced it with a different play structure not long after.
>>
>>74504076
Literally Jewish lawyers smelling money
>>
>>74509218
Pretty much.
>>
Wew, this thread let me realising something.

As a kid, even if i don't remember it often, i loved every single second.

Every second, from the moment i woke up i had fun, i ran, dressed, got out to my friends, we did shit around the neighboor hood, ringing on door bells and running away, driving bycicle and running on the train tracks.

Every day was different, even if it was the same.

Everything seemed new, every moment was precious, everything was perfect, we did illegal campfires with toiletpaper and almost coughed to death by the steam, but we liked it, we even cooked marshmallows in it. Kek.

I invinted young girls to my birthday parties they were 10-12 y young, me too.

We stamped together through the swamp, i got stuck they saved me. We did halloween parties, even if it was awkward and i didn't have good ideas for a party it was fun.

God how i miss that times. God loves kids, but why does he hates us grown ups so much?
>>
>>74493623

Is this rockfield in bel air maryland?
>>
>>74509095
I favored a "knife" (piece of wood with tape wrapped around one end for a handle and the other end burnt to charcoal to leave a mark) and a "silencer pistol" (sprinkler with a pump attachment).

My dad was big into lawn care so I pretty much always had spare PVC pipes and fittings lying around to make creative bullshit. I shared as well, so my group of friends always had the gnarliest looking weapons.
>>
>>74509804

Being a kid is the most perfect, spiritual, and holy experience you can have in your life, it is literally the biggest, longest, and best period of your life, 1 year as a kid is as long as 3-4 years for us.

That's why we should never harm our kids, everything they experience will be for ever inscripted in their heads, they are our future, we have to treat them like gods, but with discipline.

Being a kid is literally the best thing every human can ever experience.

Thank god i had a good childhood, god forbid thinking about those who had a shitty abusive childhood, im truly sorry for those, they will develop to be psychopaths, murderes, rapists, and empathy lacking subhumans, trait your kids allways right, it's their life, it's everything for a kids, the childhood is everything.
>>
>>74494025
Leaf, you were 10 in 2000, stop trying to claim the 90s.
>>
>>74497377
I work in a school
Parents are utter suffocating cunts now and literally everything is the schools fault. Heaven forbid they play chasing games in the playground or their parents come into complain.
>>
>>74497646
Was your dad's dad Leon?
>>
>>74493623
>Now, they have the playground be off limits during recess
whut

>tfw mom was perfectly okay with me hanging out with older girls when i was a boy
>tfw none of them molestered me
>>
>>74493623

All I see is a good place to do pull ups, front lever rows and dips.
>>
File: 1451376144017.gif (499 KB, 499x297) Image search: [Google]
1451376144017.gif
499 KB, 499x297
>>74493623
>Still an infant
>My world is disappearing!
Fuck off for 20 more years then see where we are at. Everything always comes full circle, jackass. Within the next few years all these extreme liberals fags ideologies will die off and conservative values will regain a threshold and then die off and the cycle will repeat.
>>
>>74493623
god damn I loved these things

we got a bunch of wooden swords and shit and had a big war for one, good fucking times man
>>
We were rich we had a narley wood one with a spider monkey bridge and a webs net it was choice.

The wood chips man got everything
>>
File: 0000000000000000000000.jpg (58 KB, 772x397) Image search: [Google]
0000000000000000000000.jpg
58 KB, 772x397
>>74510090
I suppose I have a good memory of the 90s compared to other people I remember watching Jurassic park and Jumanji in theaters vary well . I was born in 89 btw
>>
>>74493623
>"our" generation
I got playstation games older than you, boy. You were literally in kindergarten when 4chan came online.
>>
>>74509804
>>74510078
>be me
>only 6th grade
>invite close friend who was moving away in a week to birthday party at my house
>only invited my close friends, he was a newer one
>play around for a bit
>hot summer day, eventually get hot and tired
>go inside to play some Halo or some shit
>kid checkin out my room while waiting for his turn
>find my DS games
>two small cases, 8 of 10 games I owned are in them
>"wow dude, these games are sweet"
>"yeah they're pretty fun"
>"you mind if I play them a bit"
>"go ahead"
>fast track to a month after the party
>look for DS to occupy me on a longer trip somewhere
>can't find games
>figure I lost them (room was somewhat of a mess)
>next school year starts
>that kid's best friend brings up the topic of my DS games to me
>nigga what?
>that bitch stole my games and moved to a different state and told his friends that I let him borrow them.
>tfw left with Metroid Prime pinball and some other shitty game that I had already 100%
>Childhood innocence and trust destroyed by this betrayal
I still have trust issues man.
>>
>>74509993
So you where a stealth assassin? My favorite weapons were the machine gun because I would go over the top and spray everyone, and the sword because I felt all heroic even if it put me at a disadvantage most of the time I used it.

>>74510277
Not even if they tag each other. I know it's gotten bad but I never knew it's gotten that bad.

>>74510078
100% this.
>>
File: 1422070393597.jpg (44 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1422070393597.jpg
44 KB, 480x360
>>74493623
>I will never provoke a acorn war between our grade and the 3 grades below ours again
>I will never dig out a nests of wasps, effectively provoking the evacuation of the entire school again
>I will never popularize various "dangerous" contact games that include but are not limited to: lizard hunting, making 1v1 fights from the top of a small wall and using a half-fallen tree branch as a trampoline to mud(they actually had to fill it with concrete so we would stop doing that) again
feels bad man
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 236x196) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 236x196
On my playground in elementary school in the late 80's, we had one of these pic relateds except for it was 10 tires high by 10 tires wide. It was a fucking beast. We would play king of the tire wall on it and kids were breaking there arms left and right and we never had parents bitching. It got removed by the sometime in the mid 90's because parents started crying.
>>
>>74500469

I went to elementary school in the same time frame as you only in the more liberal parts of eastern Massachusetts, and we used to pack rocks into snowballs and roll down a 80 foot hill behind our school when it was snowy and no one gave a flying fuck.
>>
>>74511303
oour jungle gyms were rotting wood, steel and tires

it was fucking amazing, especially the tractor tire maze where we could hide and do stupid shit like play pokemon

and stupid gymnast bars just close enough that a tall girl acting a little spastic could bang her head off one while swinging off another
>>
Just remembered another one. In autumn we'd gather as much fallen leaves as possible and put them into this one corner of the fence. We'd jump into the pile of leaves then bundle each other.
>>
>>74512458
>fun with piles of leaves
fuck yeah
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.