[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To find fossil fuels buried deep below the sea floor, the oil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 0(3).jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0(3).jpg
32 KB, 480x360
To find fossil fuels buried deep below the sea floor, the oil and gas industry trawls the ocean with powerful airguns. These cannons sound off every 10 to 12 seconds, recording the acoustic vibrations that bounce back as a way to map the sea bottom.

But seismic testing for oil creates what biologists call an "acoustic smog" that drowns out whale chatter and interferes with the way marine mammals perceive the world. Over time, animals that rely on sonar and listening to 'see' can go blind and can't function properly. For animals like whales and dolphins that use sound to eat, hunt, find mates, navigate and communicate with their young families, these sonic booms are incredibly dangerous.

Fortunately, Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) has introduced the Atlantic Seismic Airgun Protection Act, which would place a temporary ban on geological and geophysical activities related to oil and gas exploration in the Atlantic. He's since been joined by six co-sponsors, all East Coast Democrats.

Ask your representatives to protect marine life, stop new oil exploration, and tell President Obama to stop off-shore seismic surveys -- and tell your friends to do the same, as well!
>>
>>74491007
>we can't drill because it hurts the whale's ears!
>meanwhile chinks and japs use whale tears as lube
>>
>>74491113
We should strive to be better than the slopes though
>>
we need to end the consumption of oil anyways and find energy and materials somewhere else
>>
>>74491007
That would put a complete stop on offshore oil drilling.
Instead of doing that and assraping our economy, why not put pressure on the companies to make a better method for finding oil you fucking idiot.
>>
Who cares? Whales are the bounty of the sea same as any other fish
>>
If the whales cant evolve to live without sound then theyre better off dying. Its not like they contribute anything anyways, they breed and grow too slowly to be used as a sustainable food source.
>>
>>74491007
is he ok?
>>
>>74491230
Hope you enjoying losing, buddy, because you'll be doing a lot of it.

>literally giving your position in the world away to chinks, free of charge
wew
>>
>>74491351
Except they are hugely charismatic and intelligent. Some are also endangered.
>>
>>74491736
Bait, but for the record.
That is like saying we should evolve to live without eyesight. Also, as top predators they are vital to marine ecosystems.
>>
>>74493286
Why do we have to evolve to live without eyesight?
We're thriving just fine, its the whales that are dying. They need to evolve, we don't.
>>
>>74493856
It is the physiological equivalent.
Also, we, more than any other species on this earth have to evolve. Not genetically but culturally.
You do understand that if we bust too many ecosystems we will literally starve?
>>
>>74491258
This guy has the most valid point.
It doesn't have to be about whale tears its really about sustainable energy
>>
>>74491007
Yeah look here's the problem, coming from a guy who loves animals and nature, and dislikes trophy hunting etc.

I value human life, happiness and prosperity above animals. No question about it. If this is the price we pay for oil, so be it. It sucks, but it is far and away the lesser of two evils. If you give more of a shit about the whales than the people (and don't go with muh evil corporashuns), that's fine by me, but I don't. Most people don't.
>>
>>74493072
That's the cuck life, my friend.

Come on yuro, you should know this.
>>
>>74494477
By most current estimations and biological theories the price of oil will be a lot more than a few wales.
>>
>>74491258
>>74494336
Yeah, it's only going to takes year, possibly decades, to get alternative energy sources to be as useful as petroleum, meanwhile, we'll just tank our economies even further. You should be scared of a mandatory ban on using oil Norge, it's the only thing sustaining your social programs and state in general.
>>
>>74494742
Thats ok i can walk.
>>
>>74495142
It takes decades to put a few solar panels on your roof?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.