[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't /pol/ seriously considered about resource depletion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: 1385886659674.gif (997 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1385886659674.gif
997 KB, 500x375
Why isn't /pol/ seriously considered about resource depletion or global warming?

Do you honestly think Elon Musk is going to save you all?
>>
>>74456226
Elon Musk is a fucking queer sucking off the tax payers at this point, Peter Theil is wher it's at.
>>
>>74456226
There aren't enough REEs to support global solar for everybody.
>>
>>74456226
I'm all on board for sustainable, alternative energy sources but you liberals showed that you are controlled opposition for OPEC when you started demonizing Nuclear, Thorium, or even stuff like Hydrogen fuel cells. Go to hell.
>>
>>74456226
I'll be long dead before global warming and resource depletion become a serious issue.

>inb4 but what about your children?
>If you pederast faggots talk about my children I'll cut your fucking heads off
>>
>>74456226
Sauce?
>>
Because most natural resources replenish themselves in abundance in OECD nations with family planning

Oil will be easy to ween off when it's actually necessary thanks to electric vehicles and not nuclear energy like LFTRs. Thorium itself is in massive abundance itself. Like tens of thousands of years of energy.

The biggest things are going to be rare earth metals but I don't think there's anything relying on them that doesn't have promising replacements on the horizon,e.g. graphene for batteries instead of lipol.
>>
>>74457043
Sensualhotass on myfreecams
>>
>>74456226
By the time resourcers get bad we will have colonized other planets.
>>
>>74456226
>resource depletion
Earth has more resources than you think, and we will have asteroid mining going well before it runs out.
>global warming
You mean climate change? kek
>>
>>74456226
I am. But the simple truth is that none of it will matter if the West falls.

Does the left seriously believe muslims and niggers give two shits about the environment? If the West does not lead this world, it's doomed in its entirety. We have a good perspective on that as Dutchmen: Our country is kept dry by the constant attention to our dykes and polders, which goes back to early Medieval times. If this care lets up for even a few years, our country is taken back by the sea.

So you think muslims and niggers could ever care for our water management? Fuck no. They just want gibsmedat, and privileged leftist babyboomers thinks all this shit just happens magically.
>>
No elon is a fuckwit and I have accepted my doomed fate
>>
>>74456226
Why should I care about the future if it's gonna be inhabited by shitskins and niggers.
>>
>>74456226
Depopulation is the only way to save the planet. Reducing the world population to under 1 billion is ideal.
>>
>>74457467
Kek.

We're pretty much finding next to zero new oil finds per year, maybe a month or two of production at most.

Saudi Arabia and Russia will be tapped out in 15 years; Iraq in 25.
>>
>>74456226
I am. We need to harness the unlimited power of the atom.
>>
>>74456226
>resource depletion
market forces keep that in check
>in b4 hurr durr free market

>global warming
literally not a threat
>>
>>74456226
The very energy sources leftists block are going to save humanity. See >>74456601
>>
>>74457932

Just kill all the Africans and Indians, it's basically a mercy killing.
>>
>>74456226
That ass would look so hot getting stretched by a black.
>>
File: Scarcity Myth.png (81 KB, 467x359) Image search: [Google]
Scarcity Myth.png
81 KB, 467x359
>>74457972
>We're pretty much finding next to zero new oil finds per year
Citation needed.

I would note that Western governments actively block exploration and drilling due to their Green cabal. We know oil exists in large supply all across the US, for example, but no one is allowed to figure out exactly how much is recoverable on government controlled lands. If we don't know how much, it doesn't get added to "proved reserves".
>>
>>74458430
This anon gets it.
Just like diamonds, it's "artificial" scarcity.
Oil shortages has been part of the human condition since we started drilling for it.
It's litteraly snake oil.
>>
>>74456226
We are in a state of population overshoot, anon. The only person that is going to save you is you. So called green energy ain't that green and it is also a pipe dream. EROEI sucks with it, and you cannot run an industrial society with shitty EROEIs.
>>
File: stop-global-warming-snow.jpg (25 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
stop-global-warming-snow.jpg
25 KB, 480x320
>>74456226
Because 'global warming' would barely affect us
>>
>>74458773
Wait until 500 million browns flood into America, family.
>>
>>74456226
>Global warming
Sadly /pol/ doesn't understand science very well, so a lot of Anons still think it's a hoax
>>
>>74456601
Had we wanted to, we could have been putting in nuclear plants that have a complete fuel cycle, upgrading our power grids to handle the increased loads that would result, and developing the technology to manufacture liquid fuels to run our current transportation infrastructure over the past 2 decades. That hasn't happened, so we're fucked.
>>
>>74458807
Different type of flood there anon

>>74458863
If both ice caps melted fully, it wwould barely flood anywhere

only coastal places like the tip of Florida and other smaller places in the oceans would be affected
>>
>>74456226
Who is this semen demon???
>>
>>74458430
you do realize that we can extract 100% of each reserve right? We often yield far less, because the EIOER is not worth it.
>>
>>74459024
Can not* typo
>>
>>74458430
400 billion barrels = 13 years of oil consumption
>>
>>74458967
B-but... Can we still flood the Randstad? You know, just for giggles?
>>
>>74456226
These are both symptoms of overpopulation.

Cull 99% of the 3rd world population (some got to live because they can be considered wildlife) and 100% of the jews (they want growth and consumerism) and watch as the world becomes beautiful again.
>>
>>74458019
Fucking this let us use nuclear energy you fucking normies
>>
>>74459180
Of course my brother, the water rises.
>>
>>74456226
He's going to space to leave the shithole that is america
>>
>>74456226
global warming is a hoax quite simply because the co2 released into the atmosphere gets used by plants and trees which makes the plants and trees grow faster. Look this stuff up yourself the numbers are staggering and it could actually be easily argued that Co2 is good for avoiding global warming.
>>
>>74459176
13 years of WORLD oil consumption. It's a good thing we're not the only country in the world with oil and that there is more to find.
>>
>>74459414
>Look this stuff up yourself the numbers are staggering...
Arguments like this make you sound like a crackpot. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but you should provide serious arguments.
>>
>>74459306
None shall finger the dykes this season.
May the canals be wide enough to stop the vermin running to safety.
>>
>>74458986
ikr m8?
THE ASS
>>
The earth is flat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtybmBcSfLE
>>
>>74458891
>tfw we will never colonize space since the youth are being bred to fear any innovation in technology that is more useful than a selfie stick
They would probably make something up like "dumping the boosters in space may cause universal warming by superheating the sun. Then we all die you silly anti-science fascists."
>>
>>74458430
Finding and registering are two different things and the vast mayority of known reserves are hard and expensive to tap into. As far as I am aware they also calculate their estimations with the frequency of discoveries which sure can't be skewed.
I don't like this panic talk either but the saudis already told us to brace and we can definatly expect prices to soar even if oil will remain a commodity beyond our lifetimes.
If you don't believe it check out the damage control yourself.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/12087397/Saudi-Arabia-looks-at-listing-worlds-largest-oil-producer.html
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2016-04-21/the-2-trillion-project-to-get-saudi-arabia-s-economy-off-oil
>>
Who cares about resource depletion or global warming when our civilization is under an existential threat?
>>
>>74456226
It must be nigger time on /pol/?

Gtfo
>>
>>74458351

Now I understand why Germans love muzzie dick - it reminds them of their scat fetish.
>>
>>74456226
>Do you honestly think Elon Musk is going to save you all?

Elon Musk only cares about increasing the stock price/value of his companies through 3rd party investments and government grants and making money out of that.

Solar panels and electric cars won't save anybody. Carbon emissions are the least of our problems. Shit like deforestation, overhunting/fishing and water contamination are much bigger problems.
>>
>>74456226
I'm not against it, it's just that renewable energy is fucking terrible.
It's expensive and inefficient. One day it won't be, but today it is. Nukes are the only efficient and relatively clean energy source and environmentalists hate them.

Nobody wants to be Germany 2.0 when it comes to power.

>>74458430
this desu
We have a lot of fossil fuels. Shitloads. Remember 10 years ago when people were threatening oil shortages? Any of you watch the news back then? Well now there's an abundance of it, to the point it's ruining economies.
We have so much that the coal under the UK alone could fuel the country for centuries. Scarcity is a complete lie.
It's a question of carbon output versus efficiency, and clean energy is very inefficient, aside from nuclear.
>>
>>74460569
Nuclear is really inefficient though, its just compensated by ridiculous power output
>>
File: 1461559903762.jpg (147 KB, 388x524) Image search: [Google]
1461559903762.jpg
147 KB, 388x524
>>74456226
Environmentalists whining about resource depletion is like some faggot yelling at you for taking a jug of water from a stream; saying you'll deplete it eventually.

Humans have very little to no impact on the climate, and we haven't even accessed 1% of the Earth's supply of resources. Any impact we do have will likely be resolved within 1000 years. Most all of the resources we use don't leave the planet, and need time to decompose. Humanity already takes steps to conserve and recycle as a matter of sanitation and quality of life naturally.

There's no reason to bitch and whine about it.
>>
File: photosunthesis.jpg (62 KB, 852x276) Image search: [Google]
photosunthesis.jpg
62 KB, 852x276
>>
>>74458863
The only problem I have with the climate change argument is the fact that lefties use it as a religious mandate to prostheletize people into thinking the end of the world is upon us if we don't revert back to pre-Industrial Revolution levels of technology TODAY.
>>
>>74456226
Resource depletion is a paradigm that is easily broken, and global warming is inevitable with or without humans. Either will kill off the dumb fucks that cant evolve to changing circumstances. So, all together its probably a plus, not a negative.
>>
Both would be a good thing... kill off the dumb fucks.
>>
>>74461182
>tfw will never genetically engineer myself to do this
>will never drown again
>>
>>74460776
Liquid salt reactors are relatively efficient.
>inb4 not real
http://fortune.com/2015/02/02/doe-china-molten-salt-nuclear-reactor/
>>
>>74461747
Dude, we built a working MSR that ran off of thorium back in the 60s. Then we shut funding off on that line of nuclear research. It's difficult to say how efficient we could have made them, but with that kind of reactor, we didn't have to enrich uranium, so that should be used in efficiency calculations.
>>
>>74460569
>Scarcity is a complete lie.
Pretty much and its used as a euphemism for financial viability outright implying technical stagnation.
>>
>>74457972
that's bullshit. I can point to a new gas well completed last year that IP'd at 50+ MMcf/day
here in the U.S., a world-class discovery. You don't know dick about oil & gas, fellow burger.
>>
>>74456226
If we get rid of all blacks resource depletion will not be an issue
>>
>>74461948
The gist is because of the weapons program a synergy was wanted and not a seperate delevopment. Obviously competing with investments tied to nuclear weapons programs it stood little change in the political climate of the time but with China aiming at a large production we can reasonably well expect competition to reopen the project.
Not to forget the puplic is the biggest enemy of nuclear energy because of fearmongering and liquid salt opens up a production of Uranium 233 (or so not sure which one) that is paramount for some cancer treatments.
So the PR writes itself is the gist.
>>
>>74462563
>because of the weapons program a synergy was wanted and not a seperate delevopment
Makes sense.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.