[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N1 iw5Vdim8 >Undercove
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: pa.png (213 KB, 405x227) Image search: [Google]
pa.png
213 KB, 405x227
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N1iw5Vdim8

>Undercover cop on a motorcycle looks for people using their mobile phone in mostly dead traffic

Do you think mobile phones are acceptable in dead traffic, or not?

(Reddit link warning: ) I mean liberals seem to think you shouldn't use it even at a red light:
https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/4k0ftp/texting_driving_is_becoming_a_national_epidemic/

I'd like to see a counter to this.
>>
Perfectly acceptable.

Those comments are deplorable. Goodness gracious, nothing but passive aggressive insults to anyone who disagrees. Top comments are insults to those who disagree. A lot of the counter points are brushed over and dismissed.

No, you present no danger by using your phone at a red light. Put it down when it's green. A child is not going to hide under those tires while you're not looking.
>>
>>74456146

>Do you think mobile phones are acceptable in dead traffic, or not?

This sounds like a question someone from /lgbt/ would ask
>>
File: 1457059698292.png (146 KB, 271x238) Image search: [Google]
1457059698292.png
146 KB, 271x238
>>74456146
i really, really, really do not care.
people will do it anyway so fuck it.
>>
>>74456146
The only traffic violation should be when you hit something. Anything else is a victimless crime.
>>
>>74456351
I don't get it.
>>
>>74456497
It seems that if an idiot does an activity before an accident, the activity tends to be banned. Not sure what this is going to look like in 50 years if we keep this up.
>>
>>74456510

Only a sick mental disorder would ask such a question!
>>
>>74456639
>you're mentally ill for asking a question about cell phone use while driving

Canada, everybody.
>>
File: daee.gif (3 MB, 310x300) Image search: [Google]
daee.gif
3 MB, 310x300
>>74456639

Why is this question a symptom of a mental disorder?
>>
>>74456823

Well as long as you understand
>>
>>74457036

No one understands what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
SNOWCAT
>>
And another question:

Do you think talking on the phone while driving is okay, or do you see it the same as texting while driving?
>>
>>74456261
Can't fathom how nobody would abuse this rule!

>sorry officer but I'm allowed to use my phone at a red light!
>HAHAHA JOKES ON HIM NOW THE LIGHT IS GREEN AND I'M STILL ON MY PHONE!
>>
>>74456146
If it's a dead stop it's a victimless crime. If they're moving it's dangerous.
>>
File: dennis dancing a looping.webm (268 KB, 294x294) Image search: [Google]
dennis dancing a looping.webm
268 KB, 294x294
>>74460546

People will always be able to lie to officers. Explain the justification.
>>
>>74460619
What about fuckin idiots stalling traffic when the light turns green but they don't move cause they are too busy watching their screen?

Pay attention to your surrounding even when you are stopped. You will collect information that can prevent an accident when you start moving again.
>>
>>74461148
What about old people that drive slower than posted and are not pulled over immediately?

why is your rush important now but not then?
>>
>>74461148
>What about fuckin idiots stalling traffic when the light turns green but they don't move cause they are too busy watching their screen?

What about them? They're not putting their phone down and they're not traveling at a green light. That's two violations. So this should somehow affect the guy behind them who does put their phone down?

I swear we might see a time where people throw out their radios because they're too distracted while driving.

>>74461232
You can drive slow in the right lane for the most part.
>>
>>74461497
Does not address the question
>>
>>74461232
>slower than posted
Its an upper limit. Get a brian moran.

>rush
I'm not on a rush. I just want to get moving along competent drivers. Why should I waste my time for you to send your so important message. Get a driver if you're so important.
>>
File: 1456773896720.jpg (39 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1456773896720.jpg
39 KB, 396x385
GET OFF YOUR FUCKING PHONE WHILE DRIVING
>>
>>74462095

I'm not sure what needs addressed. I see his point about people who don't go at a green light because they're distracted. I've seen people distracted by signs or other people, so it's not that big of a concern to me. But I do think it's a lot different than just slow drivers.

>>74462674
Depends on how long the wait is. Some people get distracted by a sign for 5 seconds for example. A quick honk is usually enough.

>>74462762
I agree depending on what you mean. Using it while stationary is harmless. I would be infuriated if I had a hefty ticket for using it in clogged traffic. That would seriously piss me the fuck off. Sometimes it's 15 minutes, this is a busy are after all.
>>
>>74462674
>>74462965
According to the only rebuttal I got the people not taking off fast enough for you are just doing their own pace and have no need to follow posted "upper limit speeds" including from a dead stop
>>
>>74463146

I don't think it justifies not moving at a green light, I just think it's not a big concern unless someone does not move after 5 seconds. Other people are of the many imperfections we experience while driving. Even before cell phones were widely used I would see the same issue. They're stopped so they let their eyes wander a bit. Couldn't blame them. Certainly doesn't justify it, but it certainly doesn't push it past a 2 on the annoyance scale.
>>
>>74462762
This.
>>
>>74463146
Pace =/= inattention
>>
>>74463321
Sorry m8 that's a lot of snow flake distinctions for picking and choosing when your mad about a distracted/slow driver

When I lost second gear in my shit wagon when I was 26 I drove for a year going about 15mph for over 70 or so yards from a dead stop everywhere I went....the car would not star moving until my car revved for at least 15 seconds of straight no exhaust either kek

its time to be consistent
>>
>>74456146
Every single fucking day I get stuck in green lights because trash like these people can't stop texting for five fucking seconds to wake up and press the gas peddle. Fuck they need a big ass ticket for this shit, I fucking hate garbage like this.
>>
>>74463371
good luck proving it was inattention and not me just slowly revving up my car.

I used to sit at green lights and waited and rolled so only me and the guy behind me can get through if I seen shit skins behind me
>>
If you just have to talk on your phone, make it so it's hands-free, I know personally someone who was texting on a cell and slammed into a tree utterly sober. Stuff is just too distracting for most people, when you're driving, drive, simple as that.
>>
>be stopped at red light
>check phone
>haha thats a funny facebook post
>light turns green
>put phone down as I accelerate
>get side swiped by someone running a red

Not saying that it is the mobile user's fault, but you have to pay attention to your surroundings when driving. Moving or not.
>>
>>74456146

>only boot lickers who want a true nanny state will accept this
>>
>>74456146

This is absolutely beautiful. Based cop. I have been in one too many situations where faggots who can't bother to have their phones on sleep either:

Hold up traffic.

or

Nearly get me killed in a near-accident.

This shit needs to be done more often. Only passengers should be using devices while driving. If you really must use the fucking phone, use a hands-free device. Preferably though, your faggot calls can wait until you stop and get out of the fucking car.

Phone-abusing-drivers are as bad as bicyclists. Fucking road-cancer.
>>
>>74456146
That officers sounds like an uppity cunt.
>>
>>74463828
>we should be able to break rules when convienient
>>
>you should be able to text at red lights

go fuck yourself m8
>>
>>74456146
At least women. Got rear ended more than once by women on their phones. They don't have depth of field sense and it gets worse when on the phone.
>>
>>74463549
>Sorry m8 that's a lot of snow flake distinctions for picking and choosing when your mad about a distracted/slow driver

Well of course it's subjective, but I think we can average that 5 seconds of waiting is a limit. Else how small would your threshold be? I'm not sure what your experience about your car means by the way.

>>74463642
These are blanket laws. You can't stop idiocy, so you ban the activity. Thus you could be a responsible driver who is changing a song on his phone, and you drive immediately when it's green, and you are ticketed because of the fault of idiots who wouldn't. That's the problem, if you can see it.
>>
That's like saying is it okay to speed when there aren't cops around. It's still a violation no matter what.
>>
>>74463828
>child who never needs to drive detected

If you were actually on the road or responsible for yourself you'd know how bad it is.
>>
>law states you can't use your phone while operating a vehicle
>pull out phone while operating vehicle
>but it's OK because they're not moving!

Right.
>>
>>74464041
>he NEEDS his phone at all times

Hippie arguments don't apply "oh you see if we ban Muslims soon we'll be banning EVERYBODY"
>>
File: 1441140178901.gif (1 MB, 330x312) Image search: [Google]
1441140178901.gif
1 MB, 330x312
>>74456146
Saw a bitch on the highway talking on her phone while I was on my motorcycle once, drove up next to her window at a stoplight and gave it a hard knock and did a "hang up" pantomime...she was very flustered and apologized promply, very satisfying
>>
>>74463769
>>put phone down as I accelerate

Your problem is that you accelerated when you didn't even pay attention to your surroundings, not your phone. You could have been putting down a burger you recently bought and had the same issue. This is a problem I understand, since there are people who will accelerate when it's green even if their phone is still out. It's not acceptable, and it's a problem that lies more with the driver as opposed to the distraction.

>>74464000
>>74464083
>>74464158

The problem is the rule's affect in the first place. If it affects drivers who use their phone at dead traffic, you are ticketing people based on a presumption.

>>74463893

They are neither holding up traffic or driving. They are stationary. Can you elaborate further?

>>74464013

No, you. Should I also not look at the LED on my car's navigation at a red light? I still don't see the middle ground here.

>>74464176

This is shitposting. Pure and simple. The assumption that one is dependant on a phone for using it in a place that you don't approve of, based on a presumption of any harm being done while a vehicle is not moving, and comparing it to an argument against the ban of Muslims. Pure and total shitposting.
>>
File: 1459510021290.jpg (119 KB, 364x457) Image search: [Google]
1459510021290.jpg
119 KB, 364x457
>>74464158
this
learn to obey the law you fucking niggers
>>
>>74456146
I use mine at red lights all the time, if you aren't moving, no harm done.
>>
>>74464459
dude checking your phone takes a huge chunk of distraction, you'll get stuck reading texts and miss the light turning green

at least once a day I need to honk at a nigger that's holding up traffic checking his cell phone when the light already turned green

fuck your niggery stealing other peoples time
>>
>>74464575
Well you can use hands free in my state, just put the phone on speaker and put it in your lap...also yea texting at a red light whatever, but if you're driving down the highway with the phone up to your ear you deserve to get pulled over.
>>
>>74464041
Some people have car issues that prevent immediate or even 5 second response time m8
>>
>>74464459

Not the ones I have had the misfortune of crossing.

It is fucking simple. When the car is on, the phone is dead. I am soo glad they are pulling people over for this shit.

This is the same principle as not having an open alcohol container, or smoking dope. Doesn't matter if you are stopped, you are still potentially distracted and a danger. If you get your ass pulled over, you deserve having a your shit pushed in by some irritated officer's PR-24.

This is very simple, save you bullshit social media/texting/fagbook/plebbit bullshit for when you are OUT OF THE FUCKING CAR YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT ROAD CANCER. You can miss lights sitting there with your emoji-laden shitbox, you will potentially slow people down, and if you are really distracted, it has resulted in accidents.

Stop shitting up the road for the rest of us and save your fucking games, sexting your mother, etc. etc. for when you have parked your car at your destination.
>>
>>74465143
Why not make automatic cars mandatory then so we can maximize ten and two

>inb4 that's different because you say so
>>
>>74464459
I can only guess you don't actually drive. You don't have a say on this issue.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.