[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Based Old Scottish Golf Guys Give No Fucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 3008.jpg (107 KB, 1400x840) Image search: [Google]
3008.jpg
107 KB, 1400x840
>Muirfield Golf Course
>ancient and world famous
>has hosted The Open 16 times
>up until now, a men-only club
>people (women) complain about sexism
>members are forced into a vote
>vote was today
>old guys vote to remain men-only by margin of 2%
>cue people going fucking bananas
>cue R&A saying The Open will no longer be held there
>cue no fucks given by old dudes

The toppest of keks.

The news channels here are fucking hilarious covering this. This is not how things are supposed to happen.

>http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/19/muirfield-golf-club-votes-to-continue-excluding-women

>dem comments
>>
A club of old boys who want to be away from their wives on a saturday afternoon

Wow, what a bunch of fucking nazis
>>
>>74455870
Augusta used to be all men until some cunts raised a fit about it so Augusta lifted the ban.

Last year, My grandpa played there before he died and saw literally no women.

It's not even about golf, it's just the principle that they can't go that pisses them off. They could just identify as men, but what do I know.
>>
File: cameron_laughing_banner.jpg (23 KB, 595x272) Image search: [Google]
cameron_laughing_banner.jpg
23 KB, 595x272
This was an article in The Guardian yesterday:

>Muirfield members’ letter on ballot to admit women embarrasses golf

>https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/may/18/muirfield-members-ballot-admit-women-golf

It's hilarious how these old dudes simply refuse to get on board the 'MUH WIMMINZ' bandwagon.
>>
>>74455870
Tippity top kek
>>
>>74456117

This. The club is their escape with chum pals
>>
>>74456117
Seriously. All they want is to be left alone.
>>
I don't understand the uproar over things like this.

We have women only gyms, women only clubs, in some countries women only parking spaces and train carriages are popping up.

And these old boys get attacked because they want a men's club revolving around golf that they can escape their wives, smoke cigars, and drink 3 finger pours of scotch and banter with the fellas?

My god women are pathetic.
>>
>>74455870

Ok time for me to buy a mug from them.

MAKE SCOTLAND GREAT AGAIN!

>>74456322

This. Sorry about your grandpa.

Remember that Augusta is invitation only as well, whereas other clubs just require someone to vouch for you. It was a huge deal when they gave Bill Fucking Gates and his Ugly Augusta House a membership.
>>
>>74457485
>Remember that Augusta is invitation only as well, whereas other clubs just require someone to vouch for you. It was a huge deal when they gave Bill Fucking Gates and his Ugly Augusta House a membership.

Muirfield is ten times worse than that. They are basically a golf club from like the 1920s. Payne Stewart - who had been a runner up twice in The Open - turned up at Muirfield in 1992 and asked to play a round. They told him he needed a booking. They've done the same to Jack fucking Nicklaus in the past. They revel in being golf club arseholes and it's hilarious.
>>
>>74457789
That's excellent.

If it's a private entity they shouldn't be forced to cater to individuals because of "muh emotions."

Why don't women hire Anita Sorenstam to design a course/club and make it women only?

Oh wait - it would probably fold and go bankrupt within a year, that is if it even got finished. Much easier to just attack the "patriarchy" over a literal non issue.
>>
The open will no longer be held here.

Good go away.
>>
The dude covering this on Sky News just explained that they don't give a fuck about this.

>"These" guys aren't sitting in there on Twitter or whatever - they're having pheasant for lunch and of the members I've spoken to they're immune - they really do not care about the outrage."
>>
>>74455870

>it would “endanger foursomes and speedy play”

kek
>>
File: kojima.png (234 KB, 460x464) Image search: [Google]
kojima.png
234 KB, 460x464
>>74458233
That's fucking great.
>>
>>74455870
hope they didn't do it anonymously and also purge all the opposition votes of their membership
>>
File: 1449761262749.jpg (16 KB, 400x230) Image search: [Google]
1449761262749.jpg
16 KB, 400x230
>>74457355
Don't be stupid they want in on backroom talks that they aren't invited to. The mere fact that a form of networking beyond their sphere of influence exists is what all the uproar is about.
>>
>>74455870
> women are allowed to play
> "Why is this so difficult?"
>>
>>74455870

Fuckin cunts. Notice how there's such a thing as female only gyms and no one complains. Females just can't go create their own female-only golf course cause that would take actual work.
>>
>>74455870
>women only gyms
well obviously thats ok women deserve their own spaces
>men only golf club
FUCKING PATRIARCHY AAAAAAAAAA
>>
I should also point out that it costs £220 per person to book a round at Muirfield on visitors' days and it's booked solid for months on end - they take in tens of thousands of pounds in green fees per week. They don't give a fuck about The Open.
>>
>It's 2016
Lel fucking Sturgeon
>>
>>74455870
>Scotland has women leaders in every walk of life. It is 2016. This is simply indefensible.

I really do hate it when people in the government can only say ITS CURRENT YEAR as if it means anything.
>>
File: 1451101394905.jpg (281 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451101394905.jpg
281 KB, 1440x1080
>Nicola Sturgeon, Scotland’s first female first minister, described the vote as indefensible.
>"Scotland has women leaders in every walk of life. It is 2016. This is simply indefensible."
>It is 2016.

Why the hell is "CURRENT YEAR" the first argument people use throughout the globe now? Do that many people watch current year guy?
>>
>>74459451
>Why the hell is "CURRENT YEAR" the first argument people use throughout the globe now?

Because if reminding people of the date is all the argument you need, why delve into deeper more intellectual justifications?

>IT 2016
>EQUALITY NAO
>VRY GUD *CLAP*
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.