[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vatican swiss guards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 00IV9m-33057084.jpg (93 KB, 511x340) Image search: [Google]
00IV9m-33057084.jpg
93 KB, 511x340
What's their purpose?
Do they have guns?
>>
>>74446353
They protect the pope, give us a good name, make nice pictures with tourists and they do have guns, they just don't walk around with them.
>>
>>74446506
What are they going to do if Mussies come in with ak-47s?
>>
Of course they have fucking guns.

They have a ceremonial duty and the duty of actual defence of the pope. You just dont see them dressed the same way when doing the other.

They are the same entity but serve 2 different purposes.
>>
>>74446353
i assure you, if somebody tries to storm the vatican the swiss guard will be poppin off with machineguns, not halberds.

the guys in the puffy pants are the Honour Guard, like the guys in the furry hats outside buckingham palace.

the real security team is packin heavy ordinance.
>>
Disregard the puffy pants.
They're special ops. They're basically the same thing as the US Marines F.A.S.T. teams, which are the ones that guard the US embassies
>>
>>74446353

This is the equivalent of an honor guard. They're for show. There are others that don't parade around that are fully armed.
>>
There's a great archer episode that addresses this.
>>
>>74446693
why weren't they fast enough to protect bengazi?
>>
>>74446506
Actually, they do walk around with guns. When I was there, some of them had pistols on their hip, others standing guard at road check-points had assault rifles.
>>
>>74446558
Then we have a push of pike obviously.
>>
File: image.jpg (184 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184 KB, 576x1024
>Do they have guns

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/14/inside-the-arms-room-of-the-swiss-guard/

Perfectly swiss, old school MPL's classy as fuck. Also im pretty sure getting stuck with a short sword would stop a moslem.
>>
>>74446353
>that flamberge
Nice. And yes, they have guns, thats just their gala uniform.
>>
You ever seen the thing in anime where the guy cuts the bullets in half with his katana? It's like that but with halberds.
>>
File: helmets_etc.jpg (901 KB, 2322x4128) Image search: [Google]
helmets_etc.jpg
901 KB, 2322x4128
>>74447200
dude this pic makes me want to conquest some land
>>
>>74446353
Whe do they come from? Switzerland?
>>
>>74446353
so are swiss mercenaries still a thing?
>>
>>74447811
Swiss guard and Gurkha's are some of the few groups of 'mercenaries' the UN allows.
>>
>>74447747
Obviously
>>
>>74446353

Yes they've had guns since that one assassination attempt on the pope
>>
>>74448104

these guys could throw out the cuck pope and install a good one
>>
>>74448104
fucking dope do they fight ISIS?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.