[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were Sir Arthur Harris' actions justified? I think yes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1461577972678.jpg (46 KB, 498x498) Image search: [Google]
1461577972678.jpg
46 KB, 498x498
Were Sir Arthur Harris' actions justified?

I think yes.

What does /pol/ think of targetting civilians in war?

Is it smart?
>>
do it again Bomber Harris but this time target London
>>
>>74442536
do it again Bomber Harris
>>
>>74442536
krauts are subhuman
>>
>>74442536
Could be beneficial in some areas again TBF.
>>
Eternal anglo
>>
>>74442536
1, harris never read the art of war
2, he believed in weird shit
3, done what he was told....win
As a human - total fucktard
As a soldier - good but would he put himself in the firing line
>>
>>74442536
>Fought for the wrong side
>Killed innocent aryan civilians
>Granted victory to the international jewry

I hope he is boiling in hell in the excrement of a thousand WoW players.
>>
File: 1416152297181.jpg (119 KB, 1258x1050) Image search: [Google]
1416152297181.jpg
119 KB, 1258x1050
>>74442536
It's abhorrent.
It did little except kill civilians and destroy infrastructure when the war was already being won. It fucked up German society hugely, and destroyed immense amounts of history.
I know it's a different campaign, but Monte Cassino was older than the Holy Roman Empire, and THEY BLEW IT UP!

As for Japan, well, they engaged in more wholesale slaughter of civilians, as well as torture and murder of POWs, so that's one argument for giving them a good deal of the bombing.
There's also the argument that they were on an island and there wasn't an east way to defeat them while concentrating on purely military targets.

Thankfully the nukes were invented and gave most victims quicker deaths and prevented a lot of others.
It's just unfortunate that the US didn't nuke Berlin and other ruined eastern cities once the Russians had occupied them.
WW2 was a story of retarded politicians leading desperate or foolish subjects, on both sides. Patience and mercy instead of vindictiveness would have cost one side or the other little instead of costing civilisation a great deal.
That's why I think we need to get past the world war 2 mentality.
>>
>>74444918
"hur dur muh dresden"
fuck off please
it was a stategical location and bombing it was smart, I don't give a shit if the war was already won

Did the germans care if the war was won when they torched down Warsaw?
Did they give a shit? Nope, they didn't.
Poland was fucking hopeless by the time they reached warsaw
>>
>>74445015
That's different, because the damage to Warsaw in the initial invasion wasn't as bad as Dresden's, and capturing an enemy city while the enemy is still defending it with military force isn't the same bloody thing as bombing civilians just because they're there and people in the government have a murder boner.
The soldiers on the ground kept fighting until the official surrender was received and the enemy literally stopped shooting at you.
The command had to decide whether to send planes over to bomb civilians in German cities, and they fully knew the strategic situation.
>>
>>74445206
Dresden burned so heavily for several reasons.
It was a medieval city with many wooden buildings.

There had been a dry winter in the region which meant many buildings were tinderboxes.

The population were not used to air raids and did not therefore have the knowledge that you need to put incendiaries out quickly

The raid had little opposition because its Anti aircraft defence had been taken away by the Germans for use on the Eastern front. Therefore the bombers were able to put their loads in a concentrated space with little or no opposition.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.