[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is E-sports degenerate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: general-esports-metro-image-2.jpg (1 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
general-esports-metro-image-2.jpg
1 MB, 4288x2848
Is E-sports degenerate?
>>
>>74418509
Yes.
>>
>>74418509
ARE e sports degenerate you fucking illiterate

>yes they are
>>
>>74418509
If you're not bein' alpha and fucking bitches and getting rich then you're degenerate.
t. leaf shitposting on /pol all day everyday
>>
>>74418509
>League of Legends

YES
>>
>>74418653
No, he is correct if he uses e-sports as the proper-noun rather than just as a general discription of video games.
>>
>>74418509
Only if you try to classify them as actual physical activities
I'm fine with school e-sport teams as long as they get actual exercise too
>>
Are you 6 to ask this kind of question? Can't you make an idea of your own? Answer is yes
>>
>>74418509

Yes. And they're ironically also making video games shit.
>>
>>74421951
"esports" is plural you fucking imbecile. Plurals use "are", "is" is used for singular. Proper-nouns have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>74418509
No as long as you're not using it for a means of exercise, justification of life or let it control you.

Just like any video game or hobby it becomes degenerate when it becomes addicting.
>>
My cousin is an esports official. No idea what she actually does, all I know is she gets paid for it.
>>
File: muhFooseball.jpg (608 KB, 2550x1700) Image search: [Google]
muhFooseball.jpg
608 KB, 2550x1700
>>74418509
>people watch other people play games for money

The statement above applies to both e-sports and sports. Literally all sports are just games that people like to watch others play. The fact that the medium is electronic rather than real life makes no fucking difference. They're all just people pushing buttons and kicking balls. So if e-sports are degenerate then so are regular sports.
>>
>>74424017
I agree, although playing sports is another matter entirely.
>>
>>74423765
She probably sits around and looks pretty in a referee costume.
>>
>>74423765
probably just watches behind teams to ensure they aren't bringing up 3rd party programs to cheat or checking their phones for messages from people in the audience
>>74424017
agreed. It's pretty normal to want to watch people perform who are at a very high skill level in your hobbies
>>
>>74421951
Is sports degenerate?
>>
File: muhBaseball.png (341 KB, 635x398) Image search: [Google]
muhBaseball.png
341 KB, 635x398
>>74424223
Please elaborate. I honestly see no difference (legitimacy-wise) other than regular sports are more popular and have been around longer. The big difference I see is that in lots of sports you get tons of exercise but not all, like baseball for example. Btw I don't watch or like e-sports, but I don't like sports either, I'm just sick of the hypocrisy.
>>
>>74424648
At least orienteering isn't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXxcIy4IhSc
>>
>>74424755
Real sports encourages actual development and hard work with a lot of sporting governing bodies actually trying to create randomness for the sake of viewership.

Esports is built around games with a luck factor akin to slots and nurturing manchildren behaviors and absolute excess and decadence.
>>
>>74425391
I don't know, there's some luck in real sports as well thanks to relying so heavily on the quality of the refs and what decisions they make. Muh coin flips. There's also shit like fighting games where it's all about requiring tons of mechanical skill to get anywhere, and team games like dota that require tons of coordination and on-the-fly decision making on top of execution.
>>
>>74425391
I don't even know what point you're trying to make in half of your post, but that last part is correct. Probably the only correct part of your post, though.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.