[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /pol/'s thoughts on the Boy Scouts of America?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Boy_Scouts_of_America.png (111 KB, 890x1024) Image search: [Google]
Boy_Scouts_of_America.png
111 KB, 890x1024
What are /pol/'s thoughts on the Boy Scouts of America? I think it's a pretty based organization that every father should put their sons in.

>Teaches leadership
>Brotherhood
>Eagle Scout is great on college application
>Teaches camping
>Teaches cooking and other basic life skills
>Lots of male rolemodels
>>
More like boy fags of America. They folded.
>>
>>74411019
My dad made me go through scouts, I'm glad he did it taught me a lot and got me interested in the outdoors
>>
>>74411120
What do you mean? I haven't been involved since about twelve years ago.
>>
>>74411234
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/27/us/boy-scouts-gay-leaders-feat/
>>
>>74411019
It made me a very confident public speaker and a pretty good outdoorsman. I agree that if you want to raise a well-rounded son you should have him involved with scouting
>>
Tried it when was younger, hated it.

I was never an outdoors person, and most the other kids in it treated me like shit for being the odd one out.

Glad my parents took me out, it sucked, my dad went and taught me a lot of things they teach you anyways so it wasn't like I was losing anything.
>>
>>74411019
Eagle Scout Here
Boy Scouts is a great orginization
It teaches young boys real skills, leadership, friendship, a sense of duty to your community, morality, charity.
It's the best Organization for young people to not end up as degenerate fuckheads
>>
>>74411317
When I was involved, we had an obvious gay scout leader. He was homosexual, but not annoying and faggoty. He knew what he was talking about and helped us learn about tying knots and fishing and swimming etc.
Never knew him to be a kiddie fiddler
>>
>>74411019
It used to be good, but now it's a fag club.
>>
Eagle here. It used to be better, but depending on where you are or who's in your troop its still pretty awesome. WWW anyone?
>>
Where is it that you guys are living where you say the organization is turning into a gay club? Here in Northern Massachusetts it seems just fine.
>>
I made Eagle in 2000 and its apparenty changed a lot since then. I moved a couple times so got to experience different troops. It really varies depending on who is running it. Overall it was worthwhile, you get out of it what you put into it though. Its not JROTC for problem kids, though military recruitment was pushed, and earning your Eagle gets you a E-2 paygrade if you enlist.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.