[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bring Back Manufacturing Jobs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: -4d85d571d9cabad7.jpg (114 KB, 960x591) Image search: [Google]
-4d85d571d9cabad7.jpg
114 KB, 960x591
How can he (or any other candidate for that matter) bring back low skill manufacturing jobs from China?

In what way can the US compete with China's low wages and large source of labor?

How can one incentivize companies to make their shit here?
>>
Companies are generally not patriotic.

You can't incentivise shit. The companies will go where it is cheapest for them to go. The only way to bring back manufacturing is to make it more expensive to sell foreign made goods in your home market than it is to sell domestic goods.

ie. import tariffs and higher company tax rate for companies that offshore their labour.
>>
They can't, we're fucked.
>>
>>74400534
>How can he (or any other candidate for that matter) bring back low skill manufacturing jobs from China?
Import tariffs. The problem is any company that brings back manufacturing jobs will do everything they can to minimize the necessity of human labor.
>>
huge tax incentives for businesses.
>>
>>74400918
this
also if the american people rally together and pay and extra .20$ per item for american goods, it will become a consumer trend and the money will recirculate.
>>
File: 1462046657625.jpg (8 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1462046657625.jpg
8 KB, 236x236
>>74400949
>Trump is secretly pushing for a technocracy
>mfw
>>
>>74400534
lets not rely on fatty bankrupt to get it done

he makes all his products in china

hes bankrupt

he has a 4 year degree.
>>
>>74400534
Same way you brought us-made firearms back in the picture. ban foreign imports. the ar-15 market is ridiculous because it has no competition from other designs
>>
I sell widgets with guts (assembled PCBs inside) around the world.

Say if you wanted to do a small mfg run:
Quote from American PCBA shop: $15k.
Quote from Chinese shop: $7k.
About 60% that is parts cost.

If you isolate the actual fab/assembly costs they are about 6-15 times higher in the US.

Also, American fabs hate getting business. You can submit gerbers+BOM and they will send back a laundry list of reasons why they can't fab it, all of which are bullshit, because I know my business.

Give it to China and they will make it happen. Occasionally they make a bad judgement that can be annoying but they are an order of magnitude cheaper and don't try to send you away.

Additionally, many fabs tell you to fuck off because they only want ITAR jobs (mil, defense blah blah) so they know they have guaranteed business .
>>
>>74400534
He can't without destroying the economy in the process. Protectionism is retarded.
>>
>>74401916
Any giving up by accepting less than desirable ways of life isn't retarded?
>>
>>74400534
Any bit of pulling back on regulation would only help. Tariffs are a bit of a heavy handed approach that could have unintended consequences, but literally anything is better than what's going on right now.
>>
He's just gonna call up the CEOs and tell them to do that and they'll do it because he's the almighty TRUMP! Cause that's how the presidency works. You just call people and tell them what to do and it happens. Boom that easy.
>>
Easy. You tax the shit out of imports making it detrimental to manufacture over seas. They can pay their workers 90% less in China, we tax their product 90% more when it passes through customs.
>>
>>74401019
prices would fluctuate depending on the good and where in the states it was manufactured
>>
I would offer tax incentives much like we did to Vestas. They then built plants here and employ thousands of people. Thus stimulating the economy.
>>
>retards actually advocating for tariffs
/pol/tards are just as stupid as redditors, just on the opposite end of the spectrum.
>>
File: image_3.png (63 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
image_3.png
63 KB, 500x373
I work in manufacturing. Prototype and aerospace. The Chinese need to git gud if they want to take that.
>>
>>74400534
>low skill manufacturing jobs
He never specified that he was only bringing back one tier of manufacturing jobs.

Try again.
>>
>>74403247
brave post
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.