[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well I don't know where exactly to post this question so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1463024203408.jpg (121 KB, 1024x1030) Image search: [Google]
1463024203408.jpg
121 KB, 1024x1030
Well I don't know where exactly to post this question so I decided on /pol/ (either that or /b/ but you know...)

Anyway, I am in a pickle at the moment.
I could still stick with the LAPD hiring process and see if i get accepted or complete my 4 year and join the US Marshals.

My deciding factor is the salary. Automatically I will get getting around $67,442 (taken from their website) for LAPD, since I have my AA.

I keep looking at the pay rate for US Marshals and it seems to be way lower. Why is that? Aren't these the guys that are supposed to be total badasses and taking down wanted men?
I keep finding their starting pay to be about $40k.

tldr; be a cop in LAPD or US Marshal

And no fucking "uhh cops are bad. fuck the government" type shit. I get enough of that from my friends that haven't complete high school.
>>
Wtf is Earl doing with that gun. Hes a punk ass bitch
>>
Los Angeles is an expensive place to live. That 60k is the equivalent of 30k in Los Angeles.
>>
>>74398628
My brother in law is a Marshal, he makes six figures babysitting. Be a Marshal.
>>
Why not both?
>>
>>74398811
That's so true. I was thinking of still living with my parents until I was about 25. Having a little house in the back of our property. I talked to my dad about it and he said it was fine. Just wants me to help out with rent, which isn't a lot. He said this way, in a few years, I'll have saved a lot of money and would be able to buy a house etc etc.

>>74398691
Ikr?

>>74398874
How long did it take him to make that much, if you don't mind me asking.

>>74399034
I wish.
>>
>>74399410
>How long did it take him to make that much, if you don't mind me asking.
He was law enforcement before that, so maybe it was because of that, that he started at a higher pay rate. But being a federal employee kicks fucking ass, you should definitely be a Marshal over a city cop. Especially if the only deciding factor is salary.
>>
Do prison guards rape prisoners?
>>
>>74398628
Cops are alright. I expect the LAPD would be fun, like running the show in a warzone. However you surely don't want to raise kids in LA, so maybe getting out of the city as a US Marshal would be better.
Seems like you should go with LA until you make enough to buy a house away from the front-lines, then join the Marshals or a better paying agency.
>>
>>74398628
Being on the LAPD is a harder job, in a more-expensive location.

>But Marshals do something more dangerous!
For about an hour every three months. The guy dealing with the fifty-fourth call from a beaten wife whose drunk husband puked in the yard? Has to arrest the guy, then release the guy, take the recanting wife's statement, clean vomit out of the back seat of his car and then answer a call from (guess what?) a family where a drunk guy is being violent and gonna puke in your car?

Harder job. And depressing as fuck.
>>
>>74399522
Oh I see. I should join the LAPD for a bit then, just like >>74399766 said. Seems like a better plan. And true, I wouldn't want to raise my kids in LA. I see the kids there and it's a mess.

>>74400023
So what would you say? LAPD or Marshals?
>>
being a marshal would probably be more rewarding / fun

being a cop would be more stable and secure.

I'd say go for marshal because that sounds pretty fucking rad on a resume if you want to get a cushy job working for a 3 letter agency.
>>
>>74400478
>LAPD or Marshals?
Marshals, for fuck's sake. 66k is not enough to be on the LAPD. That is a fucking horrible job that will cost your soul.
>>
>>74398628
Tough choice, Marshals isn't as active. You'll probably be doing a lot of nothing, but LAPD is crazy active. Tough choice, I'd say LAPD and try to make detective ASAP.
>>
>>74398628
If you join the LAPD, don't be a gun grabber when the bans come around.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.