[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Buddhism the most redpilled religion /pol/? Aldous Huxley
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (594 KB, 1000x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
594 KB, 1000x1600
Is Buddhism the most redpilled religion /pol/? Aldous Huxley and Timothy Leary held it in high regards and they were very brilliant
>>
>>74392924
Taoism>buddhism
>>
>>74393045
I think they were onto something with meditation.
>>
>>74392924

the mythology is silly , but meditation is pretty much the key to a successful life
>>
>>74392924
I know dem titties are red pilled
>>
Nice, you can see her nipples
>>
>>74392924
Buddhism's staunch anti-materialism is just as bad as an atheist's staunch materialism.

It's definitely a step in the right direction from Christianity and the other Abrahamic faiths but it's still wrong, it just sits at the opposite end of the spectrum.

I'm not sure if people realize just how extreme a religion and philosophy Buddhism is, it's not nice, it's very nihilistic.
>>
>>74392924
Oriental nihilistic satanism.
>>
>>74393223
you confused mythology and philosophy, cuckpai.

>>74393258
dem titties are BLACKEDpilled, senpai
>>
>>74392924
Buddhism as practiced by white people is cringy as fuck, white buddhists are the weeaboos of the last generation.
>>
File: 4713065.jpg (71 KB, 427x355) Image search: [Google]
4713065.jpg
71 KB, 427x355
>>74392924
The Divine Pymander and the Hermetic Mysteries are the most red pilled religious scripts.
>>
>>74393397
*fampai
>>
>>74393397
>you confused mythology and philosophy

no I didn't. I actually enjoy parts of the buddhist philosophy, such as thought experiments. The mythology ie. buddha was born and then flowers sprouted under his feet, reincarnation, etc. I don't care for that.
>>
File: Faydor Swift.jpg (52 KB, 600x806) Image search: [Google]
Faydor Swift.jpg
52 KB, 600x806
>>74392924
>religion
>redpilled
>>
>buddhism
>religion

you guys really need to stop this
how many times am i going to have to post this?
>>
>>74393628
sorry m8, im posting and trying to jack off at the same time. its a little difficult.
>>
Fuck no.

You owe it to yourself and your entire species to live your life as a Stoic in a world of realism, reality and logic.
>>
Zen Buddhism is best Buddhism
>>
>>74393804
fortunately, meditation is compatible with all of that
>>
>>74393804
>being born into life with debt

You christfags sure have a thing for cuckoldry
>>
>>74394030
I didn't say it wasn't but I was under the impression that Buddhism isn't just meditation.
>>
>the only people Buddhists hate are Muslims
>>
>>74392924
>nihilism masquerading as enlightenment
>redpilled

Yeah, nah.
>>
>>74394096
Welcome to reality, you're owed nothing and get nothing. Life in and of itself IS a debt, where are you getting Christfag from?

I'm not Christian, I'm a self identified Stoic.
>>
File: 1462621550716.jpg (36 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
1462621550716.jpg
36 KB, 520x390
>>74392924
>Buddhism
>Redpilled
Would you be so kind as to tell us how the philosophy of doing absolutely nothing at all is redpilled?
>>
>religion about having no religion
>red pilled

pick one and fuck you
>>
DUDE WEED the "religion". Please grow the fuck up and put the joint down, you fucking child.
>>
“The Bhagavad Gita is the most systematic statement of spiritual evolution of endowing value to mankind. It is one of the most clear and comprehensive summaries of perennial philosophy ever revealed; hence its enduring value is subject not only to India but to all of humanity.”
- Huxley
>>
>>74393360
Buddhism staunch anything?

Did your Christian parents hit you?

Is this why your a no nothing faggot?
>>
File: retard.png (41 KB, 778x267) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
41 KB, 778x267
>>74393686
>>
>>74394232
That is a contradiction.
If life in and of itself is debt, that means you owe someone
but you said you are owed nothing and get nothing.
But I have debt so I owe someone and as you pointed before, "you owe it to yourself and your entire species"

Ergo
your points of inconsistent
>>
>>74393360
To be fair Nihilism is just Entropy and Entropy is how the universe will die.
>>
>>74392924
fuck Buddhism

But Huxley is a beast
>>
>>74392924
Meditation is definitely underrated by Western philosophy. We used to do it indirectly with religious practices, but we've since abandoned it. Solitude and self-control are fantastic benefits from it.
>>
>>74392924
Dont forget, there are more Buddhists in California than there are in the whole of Tibet.
>>
>>74394189
What's wrong with nihilism?
>>
>>74395268
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Buddhism#Alexander_the_Great_in_Bactria_and_India_.28331.E2.80.93325_BC.29

Alexander the Great encountered Buddhism when he was alive as well.
>>
>>74395283
I prefer Japan's take on Buddhism compared to the Chinese take on Buddhism.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 640x468
>>74395114
You stole my tactic.
>>
>>74395114
WOW
i am now #cruzmissile
>>
>>74395185
What I mean by that is you SHOULD owe it to yourself and your species to live a life that's in accordance with nature and virtue, you're physically born without debt or entitlement. You don't have to do anything if you don't want to, so sit in a corner and waste away if that's your prerogative.

Life is a debt as in you're born as a being who has to consume to survive, you don't get things for free. You get them with work. You pay your debt with your life in the end, we all do.

>>74395404
Nothing is wrong with it, it just frightens a lot of people.
>>
>>74393804
Stoicism is the only ism worth a damn.
>>
>Buddhism
>"just don't kill stuff n' shit ok?"
genius
>>
>>74393045
This.
>>
>>74392924

>"lmao who cares" the religion

if you want to be a buddhist you need to stay away from politics etc.
>>
>>74392924
buddhist genius are still better than luciferian genius. they won´t hurt anybody

>>74393395
how can they be satanic?

>>74395268
prayer is focused meditation. meditation is great, but meditation to the void has still the chance to trigger bad things if you are dispositional. there is less "danger" in prayer
>>
>>74397466
Makes more sense than Christianity.
>>
>>74394535
Gita is Hinduism brother.
>>
File: buddha1.jpg (1 MB, 1019x1600) Image search: [Google]
buddha1.jpg
1 MB, 1019x1600
>>74392924
>Is Buddhism the most redpilled religion

yes, you will almost never have a good thread about it here on /pol/ though because too many people here are triggered hard by it but they don't really understand it so it descends into a flood of shitposting

>>74394189
Buddhism isn't nihilism thats just a dumb meme

>>74394367
Buddhism has nothing to do with cannabis

>>74397466
thats just a small part of it, what you did is like reducing Christianity to "don't covet thy neighbors wife"

>>74393045
Daoism is worth reading about and becoming familiar with but it doesn't offer as many valuable and well-articulated lessons as Buddhism does

>>74397906
>I read about a few sentences about something on Wikipedia and pretend to understand it: the post

>>74398016
Prayer hasn't been shown to have major positive effects on peoples minds and brains like meditation has. I'm not saying it can't be good in certain situations but they are way different and don't effect people the same.
>>
>>74394030
how do i meditate? any tips?
>>
>>74401279

It's literally nihilistic.

Here's it's central conceit: you're on a wheel of reincarnation, and you need to get off it (cease to exist) by attaining enlightenment.

Its goal is literally self-annihilation. Cucked as fuck
>>
>>74401494

You misunderstand it entirely.

The "point" of Buddhism is to wake up from the illusion and become enlightened in this life. That you cease being reborn is just a positive side-effect of this but its not the whole point of Buddhism.

Actually practicing Buddhism has almost nothing to do with thinking about reincarnation or ending the cycle of rebirths. Its misunderstood because idiots like you only have Christianity as a frame a reference which is basically "lol do this to be saved and go to magic fairyland or you will be tortured forever etc". You focus on the end-game to try to understand something but that is the wrong approach because the end-game isn't very important or the focus in Buddhism.

The point of Buddhism is that you should practice it because when you diligent in doing so and do it properly it leads to you no longer being effected by any sort of stress or negative emotion and you feel blissful all the time. Thats the reason for doing it, because its leads to a liberating and blissful existence where you are untroubled by any stress of issues. According to the Buddhist cosmological model the natural result of this is that you cease being reborn but thats not why you should practice it, you should practice it because it leads to bliss. So, it really has nothing to do with nihilism.

Thats a common misunderstanding people have of it though who haven't read much about it so you shouldn't feel bad for misunderstanding it.
>>
>>74393419
upper middle way is what the buddhist call it kek.

White people shold practice christianity as it is the true religion.
>>
File: buddshitposter.png (395 KB, 862x741) Image search: [Google]
buddshitposter.png
395 KB, 862x741
oh look it's this thread again
>>
>>74402605

Stress is an important component of evolution. No stress means no drive for change which results in homeostasis.

It's relatively white hat, but it still smacks of nihilism to me.
>>
>74393360
>atheist's staunch materialism.

How does not believing in god equal materialism? Are you a r-tard?
>>
>>74401316
yup

here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wirV265ZYSw

enjoy your enlightenment sir
>>
>>74402813
>insane ramblings of old jews that thought the entire world was a desert...

yea i will pass on that
>>
>>74403462
stress is useful when you're faced with danger.

being in a state of perpetual anxiety as many people are today, is not useful for anything. it will legitimately damage your brain and eventually kill you.
>>
>>74392924
Fuck off, Richard Gere
>>
>>74401132
I was pointing out that Huxley was more than a Buddhist fag.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.