[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do theists have it easier in life? Always having a background
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
Do theists have it easier in life? Always having a background answer to fall back to, always having a friend in need?
>>
not easier just better
>>
Jews sure do.
>>
if the world hates you know that it hated me first

wait, the world is fine with you and you're living an easy life?
>>
>>74381521
We absolutely don't have it easier. We have an actual morality in a world dedicated to decadence. We are ever fewer in numbers and soon enough we will be stigmatized for our belief.
Well worth it anyway, if this life is all there is then it wasn't worth living in the first place, and if there is more we are saved.
>>
>>74381521
Its a far better life and I am rustled that I spent so many years as a atheist.

>>74381641
This
>>
File: saint panteleimon.jpg (355 KB, 1280x723) Image search: [Google]
saint panteleimon.jpg
355 KB, 1280x723
>Always having a background answer to fall back to
Atheists have this too. Their answer is comfortable too, in it's own way. The atheist's answer is steeped in superiority and the individual ego; the theist's answer is steeped in humility and reverence.
>>
Most of them dont really believe it deep down

Similarly most atheists arent so sure deep down

At the bottom of everything there is just a yawning chasm of uncertainty, thats what makes people uneasy
>>
>>74381916
>implying it is not egoistic to believe the creator of the universe gives a shit about you personally
Thats like a bacterium thinking a scientist in a lab cares about its welfare

Your lazy characterisation of atheism has been done to death, try something new for once
>>
File: jesus.jpg (219 KB, 1134x1001) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
219 KB, 1134x1001
>>74382204
I never implied that you dolt. I'm a pantheist.

>>74382063
>At the bottom of everything there is just a yawning chasm of uncertainty, thats what makes people uneasy
You're right about that. You're not a real adult until you've grappled with existentialism and made peace with it.
>>
>>74382063
>Similarly most atheists arent so sure deep down

This is why most of them are liberals, they still feel the need to worship something, they just replace god with the government.
>>
>>74382204
>Implying that an omnipotent, supernatural being is limited to doing/thinking one thing at a time like a common man
>Implying that God doesn't exist outside of time and can handle everything

Disappointing desu senpai
>>
>>74381521
I wouldn't call the relationship theists have with their God a "friendship". It is something far more sublime and disparate in terms of the importance of those involved. We're worthless sinners, and God is the omipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, and omnibenevolent Lord Creator of everything.
>>
File: 1463062198370.png (1 MB, 1300x860) Image search: [Google]
1463062198370.png
1 MB, 1300x860
>>74381868
Yeah me too. I'm much happier and more fulfilled as a theist. I hate that atheist cuck I used to be...
>>
I still don't get how you can just choose to believe something. I'd be religious if I could but I just don't buy it tbqh
>>
File: sock.jpg (233 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
sock.jpg
233 KB, 600x700
>>74383675
You don't need to believe in a magical skydaddy to be religious.
Try Buddhism to start. No supernatural beliefs required.
A good religion doesn't force you to accept supernatural beliefs. A good religion is like a good philosophy: a new, invigorating perspective on what you already know to be true.
>>
>>74382834
Isnt that unnecessary belittlement on the mortals side? If he put you on this earth for a reason, why think of yourself as absolutely worthless?
>>
>>74381863

This. Valuing a moral ideal in an inherently amoral universe is hell, especially when your morals aren't the path of least resistance.
>>
>>74385782
Tell me what "necessary" belittlement is first, and maybe I can try to answer that.
>>
>>74381521
the hardest thing about being religious is watching other co-religionists giving God a bad name, with cuckoldry for example.
>>
>>74386323
Necessary belittlement would be acknowledging the size of your role in the big picture compared to his, your knowledge of things, compared to his, your limited viewpoints on issues compared to his.

This going from other teachings wherein god lives through all of us and looks at his creation from all these directions that are we, those before us and after.
>>
>>74381521
>>74381916
It is, in fact, the agnostic who has nothing, OP.
>>
>>74381521
Yup, they bear emotional pain way easier, especially dying.
>>
>>74387303
Good way to put it. But when I do say "worthless" I mean something less severe than most people think when they hear that term. I mean that we're not necessarily (which is why I wanted to hear what you though of as necessary belittlement) worth anything, and that whatever worth we have is only bestowed upon us by the Almighty God. God could very well not value us if He so chose, in which case we would qualify for every sense of worthlessness.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.